Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Who do you start?
Minshew
Foles
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Foles vs Minshew (poll & merged threads)

I'm still on the Minshew train

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-20-2019, 04:38 PM)Corriewf Wrote: 174 for Minshew and 34 against. Anyone feel like changing their vote yet?

Because of today?  255 yards a TD and no turnovers, when he was starting inside the 5 a number of times and wasnt getting good protection in the first half. Its to early to make a call on  who will start when Foles comes back.  Minshew still has a couple games to play before Foles will be ready.  We dont have to make that call right now.  Let's see how Minshew does next week against the Jets and in London

(10-20-2019, 04:38 PM)Corriewf Wrote: 174 for Minshew and 34 against. Anyone feel like changing their vote yet?

When this thread started I voted for Foles, because I found it improbable that Minshew would consistently play well.

After a few weeks went by I thought I may have been wrong. 

Now I think that if Foles is healthy in week 11, he may give us a better shot if defenses continue to figure out ways to limit Minshew and he continues to play through injuries. 
Still a few games before the bye-week when they'll make this decision.  Good chance the right path will be apparent by then.

(10-20-2019, 04:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Because of today?  255 yards a TD and no turnovers, when he was starting inside the 5 a number of times and wasnt getting good protection in the first half. Its to early to make a call on  who will start when Foles comes back.  Minshew still has a couple games to play before Foles will be ready.  We dont have to make that call right now.  Let's see how Minshew does next week against the Jets and in London

My opinion is regardless of Minshew or Foles, this o-line is garbage. I don’t see Foles doing any better with it. I think, including myself, some of the Bortle haters are starting to see why Bortles Bortled..

Are we forgetting that Foles has never had a long period of great QB play?

Minshew has played better than Foles did last year and he is a ROOKIE.

I think This will work itself out. I was solidly in the Minshew is the future camp, and I still believe he is. However, him being able to sit and learn behind foles for a year may not be the worst thing.

(10-20-2019, 04:46 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Minshew has played better than Foles did last year and he is a ROOKIE.

I dunno about that but he does show signs of having more upside than Foles does.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Players learn by playing.

The Oline will render judgment either way, as long as they're gonna play miserably like that.

Foles wouldn't last behind the line unless they start tightening up ASAP. I hate to think Minshew could "bortles out" in unlearning whatever he's already learned so far in his experience as a starter, and I really hope that's not what we were seeing early on today.

Foles will come back in regardless, if only because of what he's being paid. I just worry that he's gonna get killed

(10-20-2019, 04:51 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(10-20-2019, 04:46 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Minshew has played better than Foles did last year and he is a ROOKIE.

I dunno about that but he does show signs of having more upside than Foles does.

I think if we're in the thick of things, Foles gives us a better opportunity to win now but Minshew may be our arm of the future behind center.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Have to say I think the pendulum is swinging back towards Foles now.

If Foles never had average games he wouldn't be a Jag right now.

If fournette converted on 4th down early today's game is different too

I’ll say Foles if we still have playoff hopes. I like Minshew and still looks promising, but he’s still got some developing. If/When playoffs are out I say back to Minshew.

Yeah if Fournette has a bit better blocking in goal line situations things would be much easier overall this year (with a 4-3 record)

(10-20-2019, 05:02 PM)Newton Wrote: Yeah if Fournette has a bit better blocking in goal line situations things  would be much easier overall this year (with a 4-3 record)

He is just HORRIBLE in goal line runs. He needs too much steam and the o-line get NO push. It’s a BAD combo. The first drive looked like Minshew was gonna have a great day, but red zone after red zone failures led the day. 

I also can’t tell watching on tv if Minshew is holding the ball too long or receivers are just not getting open. Minshew is a smart kid and I would like to think he is trying to prevent turnovers, but I have seen him throw into congestion. You can’t argue with the fact the kid has very few interceptions. He plays safe. I just can’t decipher if he is playing too safe.

(10-20-2019, 05:09 PM)Corriewf Wrote:
(10-20-2019, 05:02 PM)Newton Wrote: Yeah if Fournette has a bit better blocking in goal line situations things  would be much easier overall this year (with a 4-3 record)

He is just HORRIBLE in goal line runs. He needs too much steam and the o-line get NO push. It’s a BAD combo. The first drive looked like Minshew was gonna have a great day, but red zone after red zone failures led the day. 

I also can’t tell watching on tv if Minshew is holding the ball too long or receivers are just not getting open. Minshew is a smart kid and I would like to think he is trying to prevent turnovers, but I have seen him throw into congestion. You can’t argue with the fact the kid has very few interceptions. He plays safe. I just can’t decipher if he is playing too safe.

He threw into traffic at the goal line a few times today.

Chark I think was in at the 1. Should of challenged it. He had some very nice throws today and a few rookie oh god throws. But overall I'd say he was a B+. The fact we had 4 redzone attemps and only 3 FG and 1 turnover on downs before the TD to cole.

The receivers need to win more, especially with no TE to depend on.

(10-20-2019, 05:40 PM)icey14 Wrote: Chark I think was in at the 1. Should of challenged it.  He had some very nice throws today and a few rookie oh god throws.  But overall I'd say he was a B+.  The fact we had 4 redzone attemps and only 3 FG and 1 turnover on downs before the TD to cole.

The receivers need to win more, especially with no TE to depend on.

He was clearly down, imho.

Next week we'll need some TE's making plays if we are going to beat the jets.
Minshew will only get better and better.
Foles should keep healing just in case we end up in the off season.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(10-20-2019, 05:47 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: Next week we'll need some TE's making plays if we are going to beat the jets.
Minshew will only get better and better.
Foles should keep healing just in case we end up in the off season.
Was in and out of the house. Didn't see Oliver if he was out there. But I agree. As much as they've been running Fournette this year two things have stood out to me.

1. When the hell is Armstead going to play a SERIES?, not a few "breather" plays but an actual series?

2. All of that running at some point needs to be cashed in with a TE over the middle featured play or some kind of screen. Where the hell is it?

I am hoping Flip is saving those gameplans for the next two weeks. But it feels overdue.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."