Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Who do you start?
Minshew
Foles
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Foles vs Minshew (poll & merged threads)

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2019, 08:26 PM by Corriewf.)

Let’s start this conversation early and see how this ages as the weeks go by. 

Magical fairy heals Foles and the team doc gives him the clear to start next sunday, week 5. Do you start him? 

Right now as I see it, the team/fan base has major buy in. Minshew has the hot hand and the chemistry is all Minshew. Foles has yet to prove himself in Jacksonville under our system. Foles is more the unknown than Minshew in Jacksonville. However...Foles does have the ring. 

It’s just hard to look at Minshews stats and send him to the bench in my eyes.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2019, 02:29 AM by JaguarJosh05.)

Minshew has the hot hand. It's worth noting that Foles did throw a touchdown on the play he was injured. But he definitely isn't going to give you the kind of pocket mobility that Minshew does. Ride the mustache as long as we can. At least Foles isn't a bad guy to have in the room. The attitude from the running game and the entire offense felt different today. They bailed out a very underwhelming defense. It isn't a bad problem to have. At least we know if Minshew goes down we have someone who is used to stepping in and finishing the deal.
No pain, no gain.

At this point I think it's Minshew's team

Lets come back to this in a month. Right now it's looking real good towards minshew.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Need to see more of Minshew as the season goes on. I like how the kid can get away from pressure and still make plays and when he has time he can make a damn nice pass. Hard to pick Foles over him though at this point even though they have all that money tied up in him.

Minshew

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2019, 03:35 AM by knarnn.)

I’m riding the mustache to the super bowl....or at least to the nearest Waffle House.

On a serious note, Foles would have a hard time behind our questionable pass blockers. Hence the reason why he is injured now. MinShow and his mobility is a necessity at this point. Stick with the kid until the magic wears off (hopefully never). Smile
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Unless this team loses the next 6+ straight games, or Minshew gets injured later on in this season, there's absolutely no reason why Foles should take another snap as the QB for this team.

Trade Foles for whatever you can get in the off season.

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2019, 08:30 AM by Corriewf.)

1 guest voted Foles so far...Foles is that you?

I also think benching Minshew right now would be failing to truly test a potential franchise QB.

I am not gonna lie, I feel bad for Foles. At least the guy has a ring though..

If Minshew keeps winning and looking good, there is no reason to bench him. Despite all the issues with Ramsey, Minshew has brought a fire and excitement to the team. I don't wanna see that end. We know what Foles is, but we are just now getting a glimpse at what Minshew is capable of and I wanna see him continue to improve. Who knows how good he may end up being?

can you guys just let it play out for at least 4 more games or so? Stop crowning guys so early in the game.

We'll see in another month. If he reels off 4 straight Ls you guys will be howling to cut him anyway.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Minshew has shown himself to be capable of greatness. If he keeps looking like he has thus far, there's no reason to take him out of the lineup.

(09-30-2019, 08:55 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: We'll see in another month. If he reels off 4 straight Ls you guys will be howling to cut him anyway.

yep. They never learn.

[Image: D-90-406-BLACK-MUSTACHE-10X3.jpg?zoom=1....C487&ssl=1]

Even if they lose, it doesn’t mean Gardner isn’t the QB for the future. He has Baker Mayfield in him with a hint of Drew Brees. And he’s deadly accurate.

I’m looking to dump Foles for trade bait just as soon as he heals up. Minshew is my QB for the next 10 years.

Based on the scenario, you stick with the rookie. He hasn't done anything to merit being sat down. The dude has not withered in the face of any pressures, and the team is winning. It's not like Foles is Brady or Mahomey.

But, as others have stated, depending on how things look in a month, that decision might change.

It's ironic; the man we signed to a huge contract left a team where he was supposedly in the middle of a controversy where fans wanted HIM and not their franchise QB around for the long term....

But I don't think this conversation would even be sincere if it weren't for just how poised, controlled, smart and talented Minshew really is. Who'd have thought he'd come out and play like this after the preseason? But to me you have to keep the hot hand going. If it's helping Minshew to develop on the fly like this, against good defenses who can maul him, and he's STILL holding up, i'd hold off putting Foles back in. I think Foles will eventually get the job back; they paid him too much to not let him try, unfortunately. But I do question just how long we're gonna see the guy around. With his injury history, all it takes is a few good licks to change things.

Regardless, Jacksonville needs to make the Oline a priority before the trade deadline, or in the offseason. No matter who starts.

Not ready to crown him yet but refreshing to have a backup that is not a Chad

Be cautious that we've seen this show before, we have to just let him do his thing

(09-30-2019, 09:36 AM)jaglyn Wrote: Not ready to crown him yet but refreshing to have a backup that is not a Chad

Be cautious that we've seen this show before, we have to just let him do his thing

We have?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]