Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Who do you start?
Minshew
Foles
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Foles vs Minshew (poll & merged threads)

(11-03-2019, 01:41 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-03-2019, 01:38 PM)Ronster Wrote: Good. Finally
BOYCOOOOOOOT

I’m not watching another London game the REST of the season!  Big Grin

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-03-2019, 01:42 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/md_1010xl/status/119...47200?s=20

What do you think big guy?

(11-03-2019, 01:47 PM)Corriewf Wrote:
(11-03-2019, 01:42 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/md_1010xl/status/119...47200?s=20

What do you think big guy?

Could have gone either way before today. 

After today I lean towards Foles, but I'd have to feel confident he'll have plenty of quickly open targets so he doesn't have to hold the ball too long behind our line.  If they are worried about that in terms of Foles health, they may play Minshew for his escapability.

I'd wager they choose Foles and I'm fine with it.

They will go with Foles,

My opinion:

Minshew can be good, maybe great. It depends on what happens around him and how he is developed. It's too early to know for sure.

Foles: 1 trick pony - lucky, but has never shown me anything to make me impressed. 

I think the people who believe Foles is amazing are delusional.

Foles has already stated that the reason he did so well in Philadelphia is because he had a strong line in front of him. He’s as good as dead, here.

You go back to Foles after today. Just too many turnovers from minshew

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Doesn't matter who they start, Minshew will be starting in game or 2, after the Oline gets Foles on IR again

I just don’t see Foles coming and saving our season like he did in Philly. He had lights years better coaching and talent when he was there.

Another lost year. I had hope for Minshew.

(11-03-2019, 12:44 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Well. Hope everyone is happy with today's chicken [BLEEP] approach and predictable and lack luster game plan on offense today.

First time we get lucky at the QB position in years and it literally felt like today's plan involved limiting the kid's natural approach to the passing game against a terrible pass defense.

When Foles goes in and back out again, because we know this ain't Philadelphia and their offensive line? I dont want to hear jack [BLEEP] about the rest of the season.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

(11-03-2019, 02:16 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: Doesn't matter who they start, Minshew will be starting in game or 2, after the Oline gets Foles on IR again

Harsh, but possibly true. The playcalling today did no favors to Gardner either. It's almost like they have no trust in him or something.

I think we will go with Foles. Minshew was always up against it but it wont hurt him sitting a few games, rest up, learn a bit. Mahomes sat his whole first year.

I wonder how much of the playbook De Filippo uses with Minshew. I have no idea. If it's all or some pieces taken out. I think they will feel Foles can give them the option to do everything and he knows De Filippos system. How good of a fit do they think Minshew works in that O system?

But Foles playing wont fix all this teams problems.

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2019, 02:30 PM by DarianSS.)

(11-03-2019, 02:20 PM)Nikowho Wrote:
(11-03-2019, 12:44 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Well. Hope everyone is happy with today's chicken [BLEEP] approach and predictable and lack luster game plan on offense today.

First time we get lucky at the QB position in years and it literally felt like today's plan involved limiting the kid's natural approach to the passing game against a terrible pass defense.

When Foles goes in and back out again, because we know this ain't Philadelphia and their offensive line? I dont want to hear jack [BLEEP] about the rest of the season.

(11-03-2019, 02:16 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: Doesn't matter who they start, Minshew will be starting in game or 2, after the Oline gets Foles on IR again

Harsh, but possibly true. The playcalling today did no favors to Gardner either. It's almost like they have no trust in him or something.

Possibly true? All the way true.. Do you think it would work if we all marched to the stadium with torches and pitchforks, demanding for Marrone to be ousted?? Man... that would be nice.

(11-03-2019, 02:20 PM)Nikowho Wrote:

(11-03-2019, 02:16 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: Doesn't matter who they start, Minshew will be starting in game or 2, after the Oline gets Foles on IR again

Possibly true? All the way true.. Do you think it would work if we all marched to the stadium with torches and pitchforks, demanding for Marrone to be ousted?? Man... that would be nice.

This
My sig goes here!

Minshew is a gunslinging QB. They’ll have games like this especially as rookies. He was handcuffed by playcalling until the game was out of reach. Everything positive that happened on offense was due to him breaking free of the offensive system. The system does not work for this personnel group. Poor offensive line play, drops by receivers. Minshew was forced to press in the fourth and it led to turnovers

They should keep Minshew in as the starter. He’s our long term QB. Foles is a career backup. The Jags paid him like the Texans did Oswieler. They are just backup type guys.

Minshew didn’t even have time with the ones throughout camp. He was thrown in the fire and has us in the thick of it.

They better not mess this one up

3 points today.

THREE (3) points!

The rookie needs some time to learn the game.
My sig goes here!

We shut out Luck last year for zero points! Zero points!

I'm sorry but you guys are ridiculous. You would bench every QB in history pretty much.

Manning you need to go to the bench and learn.

(11-03-2019, 06:30 PM)lastonealive Wrote: We shut out Luck last year for zero points! Zero points!

I'm sorry but you guys are ridiculous. You would bench every QB in history pretty much.

Manning you need to go to the bench and learn.

More importantly they would fire the coach who is overcoming the adversity of having to start such a deficient rookie QB but still winning games. Makes total sense.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Foles is superior to Minshew IMO and Flip can open up the play book with Foles. Flip has used LF well so far so that will help Foles.

O-line needs to gel NOW, I mean our head coach specializes on O-line coaching, they need to get it right!!

The next 7 games are winnable with the exception of maybe oakland, Jags don't play well on the west coast and oakland is no push over.
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

(11-03-2019, 06:45 PM)JAGFAN4EVER! Wrote: Foles is superior to Minshew IMO and Flip can open up the play book with Foles. Flip has used LF well so far so that will help Foles.

O-line needs to gel NOW, I mean our head coach specializes on O-line coaching, they need to get it right!!

The next 7 games are winnable with the exception of maybe oakland, Jags don't play well on the west coast and oakland is no push over.

Not sure about superior but experienced sure. I have seen Minshew let his nerves get to him bad twice now.. today and the saints game. He may need to watch Foles for a bit. The kid has a lot of heart and I think he knew today was big for him and let nerves take the wheel. 

At this point, I’m not seeing enough consistency to believe 5 of the next 7 games are winnable for us. 

If I’m the coach, or even a level headed fan, I throw Foles in to see what we have in Foles and let Minshew learn. I don’t personally think Foles would have made a difference today. We schemed poorly the whole game. 

The big question starting Foles will answer is who do we build the team around in 2020. Smile