Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Who do you start?
Minshew
Foles
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Foles vs Minshew (poll & merged threads)

Why did we have to lose before a bye week Wallbash

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

foles won't lead jags to the playoffs. he is overrated. he had a great head coach,offenssive line,great rb,top defense,couple great TES and a go to superstar WR. Jags don't have any of that espaillsey the head coach. 

foles is a great guy,a great person,but hes a highly overrated qb.  he won't be able to move the team if he can keep from getting hurt.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(11-04-2019, 11:25 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(11-04-2019, 11:19 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: They are going to go with Foles because this coaching staff can't afford to have the rookie games like yesterday. Their jobs are on the line (most likely) and starting the vet (even though starting the rookie makes sense for the long haul) gives them a better chance at keeping their jobs. If Foles and company lose the next two games, I would like to see Minshew finish out the season.

I agree with this.  If Foles doesn't provide that spark of hope that most seem to believe he will, let GM finish the season and see if he has learned anything during his time off.

Most?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Minshew did ok the first 3 quarters yesterday. He started getting desperate in the 4th quarter and that lead to the turnovers. I Believe I counted 6 drops from the WRs yesterday? That doesn't help either. It's what I mentioned in a thread I made before. The team needs another WR and a TE. Lack of consistent playmakers hurts.

As far as who starts after the bye, I believe they will go with Foles. Team is 4-5 right now. There's a chance to still compete for a wild card spot. IF Foles struggles and the team is out of playoff contention, Minshew comes back in to be evaluated for the remainder of the season. No reason to continue to play Foles and risk an injury again on a lost season.

https://twitter.com/demetrius82/status/1...81985?s=21

Ooooff
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(11-04-2019, 02:02 PM)Rico Wrote:
(11-04-2019, 11:25 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: I agree with this.  If Foles doesn't provide that spark of hope that most seem to believe he will, let GM finish the season and see if he has learned anything during his time off.

Most?

My apologies.  Most Jags fans i should say.  I hear that this MB is all Minshew Mania and only a handful of posters ever actually believed in Foles or still do.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(11-04-2019, 05:32 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(11-04-2019, 02:02 PM)Rico Wrote: Most?

My apologies.  Most Jags fans i should say.  I hear that this MB is all Minshew Mania and only a handful of posters ever actually believed in Foles or still do.

Most?  Not even close.

My worry with Foles is our pass protection. Will emerge relatively healthy by the end of the season?

(11-04-2019, 05:50 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: My worry with Foles is our pass protection. Will emerge relatively healthy by the end of the season?

Well, the good thing is, if Foles gets injured, we have a great backup QB ready to go in there.

(11-04-2019, 05:46 PM)Rico Wrote:
(11-04-2019, 05:32 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: My apologies.  Most Jags fans i should say.  I hear that this MB is all Minshew Mania and only a handful of posters ever actually believed in Foles or still do.

Most?  Not even close.
You can have it.  I'll just continue to laugh at how quick the turnaround was when Minshew started getting recognition and went on a run.  I guess everyone forgets about the offseason and the support for the new QB that could take us over the hump before game one.  I knew it was a dream and i was going to wake up again.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

I don’t care about the playoffs right now unless we can go in and win out... we can’t.

I would like to see Foles in not because I don’t believe in Minshew but so we can see the contrast. I’m curious if Foles makes faster reads or our WRs are just not getting open enough for Minshew. I’m curious if Minshew is getting itchy feet or the o-line is not creating the pocket he needs. Starting Foles answers a lot of questions that we need for LONG term goals.

The biggest question or point I want made, it Foles struggles and Minshew struggles in this system, can the front office maybe...MAYBE admit we have a [BLEEP] scheming problem? You can say Minshew is a rookie, but what’s the excuse with Foles?

I’m thinking long term fellas and I see a dynasty led by Minshew. I just think we need to clean up a few things. This is a good year to test and get some answers.

(11-04-2019, 06:23 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(11-04-2019, 05:46 PM)Rico Wrote: Most?  Not even close.
You can have it.  I'll just continue to laugh at how quick the turnaround was when Minshew started getting recognition and went on a run.  I guess everyone forgets about the offseason and the support for the new QB that could take us over the hump before game one.  I knew it was a dream and i was going to wake up again.

I fondly remember Preseason game 3 when people were openly insisting that Alex Mcgough should be the back up because GM15 was just another Tanner Lee but man can that Alex kid move the offense!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-04-2019, 06:50 PM)Corriewf Wrote: I don’t care about the playoffs right now unless we can go in and win out... we can’t.

I would like to see Foles in not because I don’t believe in Minshew but so we can see the contrast. I’m curious if Foles makes faster reads or our WRs are just not getting open enough for Minshew. I’m curious if Minshew is getting itchy feet or the o-line is not creating the pocket he needs. Starting Foles answers a lot of questions that we need for LONG term goals.

The biggest question or point I want made, it Foles struggles and Minshew struggles in this system, can the front office maybe...MAYBE admit we have a [BLEEP] scheming problem? You can say Minshew is a rookie, but what’s the excuse with Foles?

I’m thinking long term fellas and I see a dynasty led by Minshew. I just think we need to clean up a few things. This is a good year to test and get some answers.
I’m also looking forward to seeing the offense with Foles since we brought his offensive coordinator in.  What else can we do if any?  Have we been holding back since we have a rookie that didn’t know the whole playbook?  I like Minshew.  I look forward to seeing him possibly being our future.  But this offense was put in place around Foles.  Sure we need OL help.  But that quarter (if that) Foles played looked beautiful.  I’m curious to see what else we or he can do.  Still optimistic about the Minshew future.

(11-04-2019, 06:23 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(11-04-2019, 05:46 PM)Rico Wrote: Most?  Not even close.

I recall three or four regular posters that were all over Foles jockstrap and a couple of Eagles fans that showed up because he was here.  The vast majority of people either didn't like the move or were in a wait and see mode.  But you obviously got something ingrained in you that want's to over-exaggerate things so have at it.

Im with the people that think Foles should start. I want to see what he can do with this offense and I think it will help Minshew learning from Foles on the sideline the rest of the year.

(11-04-2019, 08:37 PM)Rico Wrote:
(11-04-2019, 06:23 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: You can have it.  I'll just continue to laugh at how quick the turnaround was when Minshew started getting recognition and went on a run.  I guess everyone forgets about the offseason and the support for the new QB that could take us over the hump before game one.  I knew it was a dream and i was going to wake up again.

I recall three or four regular posters that were all over Foles jockstrap and a couple of Eagles fans that showed up because he was here.  The vast majority of people either didn't like the move or were in a wait and see mode.  But you obviously got something ingrained in you that want's to over-exaggerate things so have at it.

I recall more posters than that. I still think Foles is a solid QB. To be fair to those posters and my own thoughts back then. We didn’t have Minshew and didn’t know if he was any good and most importantly we just finished a horrible season with Bortles. So myself and those posters were excited for Foles after Bortles. 

Minshew is the future, but right now we need to prove what else is wrong with this team. Give the coaches rope and let them show Kahn they can’t scheme no matter who starts.

Brunell thinks Marone already decided on Foles

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(11-05-2019, 12:29 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Brunell thinks Marone already decided on Foles

Pretty sure this is the consensus among everyone on the board. Foles is going to be starting. Marone's job is likely on the line and no way he leaves that up to a rookie.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Foles has a career rating of 88.7. He’s never thrown for 3000 yards or played a full NFL season.

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2019, 08:55 AM by RicoTx.)

(11-04-2019, 11:05 PM)Corriewf Wrote:
(11-04-2019, 08:37 PM)Rico Wrote: I recall three or four regular posters that were all over Foles jockstrap and a couple of Eagles fans that showed up because he was here.  The vast majority of people either didn't like the move or were in a wait and see mode.  But you obviously got something ingrained in you that want's to over-exaggerate things so have at it.

I recall more posters than that. I still think Foles is a solid QB. To be fair to those posters and my own thoughts back then. We didn’t have Minshew and didn’t know if he was any good and most importantly we just finished a horrible season with Bortles. So myself and those posters were excited for Foles after Bortles. 

Minshew is the future, but right now we need to prove what else is wrong with this team. Give the coaches rope and let them show Kahn they can’t scheme no matter who starts.

You show me all of these people that thought he was some sort of savior.  Many people are just happy we have an adequate quarterback and we don't have to endure Bortles any longer.

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.ph...ight=FOLES