Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Nick Foles To Start Jaguars Game @ Colts On Nov. 17

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2019, 11:11 PM by AmeliaFL.)

Hi, Jaguars fans! Just got the text bulletin from NFL.com, after the bye week at the Colts on November 17. First start at QB for Nick since Week 2.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2801...er-minshew

Quote:The Jacksonville Jaguars are going with quarterback Nick Foles over rookie sensation Gardner Minshew.

Coach Doug Marrone made the announcement Tuesday, saying Foles is ready to return from a broken left collarbone and will start next week at Indianapolis.

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2019, 02:39 PM by Talented Kalamari.)

I guess you gotta at least give your big free agent signing a shot. I just don’t think he’s as good as Minshew. But he has been in this situation before and helped to salvage a playoff spot for the Eagles, so we’ll see..

Is it Sunday already?

Keep your head up Minshew kid, you've had a hell of a year.

So does Minshew lose offensive rookie of the year now?
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Oh cool, let’s stop developing our future qb to start a band aid in a season that’s probably lost.

While I loved Minshew, I'm interested to see how Foles really does with this team.

If he does really well, next offseason will be really interesting. Could make Foles a nice trade chip to a QB needy team.

This is the problem with coaches trying to save their own skins instead of doing what’s right for the team. Foles is an incredibly average player who had 1 good full season and 1 great postseason run. He has experience but has never thrown for 3000 yards in a season and has a career rating of 88.7.

The right thing for the team would be to find out what Minshew had for the future while the team has the draft picks from the Ramsey deal that could be used for a QB.

Not what I would've done, but oh well.

Well that was quick
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

That had to be a touch decision for our bologna sandwich eating dumb as a box of rocks head coach to make.

(11-05-2019, 02:44 PM)PS9 Wrote: This is the problem with coaches trying to save their own skins instead of doing what’s right for the team. Foles is an incredibly average player who had 1 good full season and 1 great postseason run. He has experience but has never thrown for 3000 yards in a season and has a career rating of 88.7.

The right thing for the team would be to find out what Minshew had for the future while the team has the draft picks from the Ramsey deal that could be used for a QB.

Preach.

As expected.

Oh well, beat Indy and the Titans and everyone will be going nuts for Foles

(11-05-2019, 02:49 PM)JackCity Wrote: As expected.

I hope you’re right..

But I think the Clots are gonna smoke us.

Oh well, fun while it lasted.

Let’s hope for another miracle playoff run from Foles.

(11-05-2019, 02:52 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote:
(11-05-2019, 02:49 PM)JackCity Wrote: As expected.

I hope you’re right..

But I think the Clots are gonna smoke us.

I'm not expecting us to win either

(11-05-2019, 02:44 PM)PS9 Wrote: This is the problem with coaches trying to save their own skins instead of doing what’s right for the team. Foles is an incredibly average player who had 1 good full season and 1 great postseason run. He has experience but has never thrown for 3000 yards in a season and has a career rating of 88.7.

I agree. Foles is an incredibly average player who won Super Bowl MVP and almost made it there again. I think in order to save his butt, the HC should start the 6th round rookie who has looked like a 6th round rookie against any team with a winning record.

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2019, 02:58 PM by Dimson.)

(11-05-2019, 02:42 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: So does Minshew lose offensive rookie of the year now?

It will be Jacobs now. Sadly.

I knew this was coming but man am I bummed it has happened. Sucks.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(11-05-2019, 02:53 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

I agree. Foles is an incredibly average player who won Super Bowl MVP and almost made it there again. I think in order to save his butt, the HC should start the 6th round rookie who has looked like a 6th round rookie against any team with a winning record.

Dude has been the definition of average his entire career outside of one season and one playoff run. Why were we the only team wanting him?

(11-05-2019, 02:53 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

The Chiefs have a winning record