Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Nick Foles To Start Jaguars Game @ Colts On Nov. 17

(11-08-2019, 09:13 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-08-2019, 01:04 AM)Eric1 Wrote: He also averages 11 plays every 2 1/2 months. Is that good?

*snort*

Hahaha.  Sad but true.
 Man, I hope he can last a few weeks for us this time.

So do I man and not because I think Foles is any good. I've long stated my opinion about him many times here.

I'd rather see Minshew from here on out, but I get that we got to see what Foles can do in this Offense. Just so we can stop with the "what if/what could be" with Foles.

We got a decent sample size of Minshew with 9 games and 8 starts. 7 games of Foles will give us another decent sample size to go into the off season with, to try and make the judgement on who should be the guy going forward.

If Foles' production is similar, or worse, you simply have to go with Minshew next year and beyond. Foles is going to have to put up much better numbers/wins in order for him to keep the job. There's no reason not to go with the young kid if they're producing at the same rate. Would be foolish not to.

Now obviously if Foles gets injured again before this season is over, you end the Foles experiment right then. It's Minshew's job from then on. You try and trade Foles in the off season, or just ride through the season with him as the back up and use the out in his contract after the season is over.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

NF7'S leadership is above and beyond anything GM15 has to offer at this point and time. We MUST remember that we acquired players and staff to derive this offense that we're deploying because of NF7. Yes, GM15 literally played well as an replacement but we literally has too much invested to simply walk away from. It's ironic that we begged for such an QB but now we're willing to give it all back because of Minshew Mania.

I feel that that train is our future and not our present. In another year or two when he's properly experienced we can again board the train to hopeful long-term success. It would be rediculous to give up on such quality for no adequate reason. His injury was purposely initiated and ignored.

NF7 is our starting QB until otherwise deemed so. Let's support his efforts as we did when we acquired him and the additional pieces to the puzzle.

I was that close to getting a Minshew jersey though.

I almost did it y'all.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(11-09-2019, 08:55 AM)NH3 Wrote: NF7'S leadership is above and beyond anything GM15 has to offer at this point and time. We MUST remember that we acquired players and staff to derive this offense that we're deploying because of NF7. Yes, GM15 literally played well as an replacement but we literally has too much invested to simply walk away from. It's ironic that we begged for such an QB but now we're willing to give it all back because of Minshew Mania.

I feel that that train is our future and not our present. In another year or two when he's properly experienced we can again board the train to hopeful long-term success. It would be rediculous to give up on such quality for no adequate reason. His injury was purposely initiated and ignored.

NF7 is our starting QB until otherwise deemed so. Let's support his efforts as we did when we acquired him and the additional pieces to the puzzle.

I was that close to getting a Minshew jersey though.

I almost did it y'all.

NH3...

+1

Good post keeping things in perspective. That was much needed.

It is very Jaguarsesque to have begged for a Foles level QB =/

(11-09-2019, 11:52 AM)Upper Wrote: It is very Jaguarsesque to have begged for a Foles level QB =/

Weren't you on the Cousins bandwagon? 

What's the difference?

I actually think Foles is better than Cousins. Nothing worse than a guy who can’t win when it counts.

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2019, 12:22 PM by Upper.)

(11-09-2019, 12:00 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-09-2019, 11:52 AM)Upper Wrote: It is very Jaguarsesque to have begged for a Foles level QB =/

Weren't you on the Cousins bandwagon? 

What's the difference?

Cousins has been considerably above average for 4 out of his 5 starting seasons, and Foles has been slightly below average at baseline albeit with great peaks and valleys. Just look at their PFR advanced passing pages and see how littered Cousins page is with 110+s and how Foles' is well...not.

They are not in the same QB tier.

(11-09-2019, 12:21 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: I actually think Foles is better than Cousins. Nothing worse than a guy who can’t win when it counts.

Actually, nothing worse than a guy who uses sample sizes of games in the single digits to try to write a narrative.

(11-09-2019, 12:21 PM)Upper Wrote:
(11-09-2019, 12:00 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Weren't you on the Cousins bandwagon? 

What's the difference?

Cousins has been considerably above average for 4 out of his 5 starting seasons, and Foles has been slightly below average at baseline albeit with great peaks and valleys. Just look at their PFR advanced passing pages and see how littered Cousins page is with 110+s  and how Foles' is well...not.

(11-09-2019, 12:21 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: I actually think Foles is better than Cousins. Nothing worse than a guy who can’t win when it counts.

Actually, nothing worse than a guy who uses sample sizes of games in the single digits to try to write a narrative.

Ya, just pretend the last two years didn't happen and pretend he didn't have to play for Fisher... Good grief, the ignorance some people project is astounding. I cannot wait for Foles to shut the mouths of the idiots that post on this board.  LOL, I can see it now, Foles takes the Jags deep into the playoffs and we will still have to hear from the [mod edit] clamoring for GM15 to start over him.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(11-09-2019, 12:21 PM)Upper Wrote:
(11-09-2019, 12:00 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Weren't you on the Cousins bandwagon? 

What's the difference?

Cousins has been considerably above average for 4 out of his 5 starting seasons, and Foles has been slightly below average at baseline albeit with great peaks and valleys. Just look at their PFR advanced passing pages and see how littered Cousins page is with 110+s  and how Foles' is well...not.

(11-09-2019, 12:21 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: I actually think Foles is better than Cousins. Nothing worse than a guy who can’t win when it counts.

5-27 all time vs. winning teams is laughable. The fact that you’re defending it is hilarious. Just stop.

(11-09-2019, 01:50 PM)Ronster Wrote:
(11-09-2019, 12:21 PM)Upper Wrote: Cousins has been considerably above average for 4 out of his 5 starting seasons, and Foles has been slightly below average at baseline albeit with great peaks and valleys. Just look at their PFR advanced passing pages and see how littered Cousins page is with 110+s  and how Foles' is well...not.

Ya, just pretend the last two years didn't happen and pretend he didn't have to play for Fisher... Good grief, the ignorance some people project is astounding. I cannot wait for Foles to shut the mouths of the idiots that post on this board.  LOL, I can see it now, Foles takes the Jags deep into the playoffs and we will still have to hear from the [mod edit] clamoring for GM15 to start over him.
Ronster calling people idiots lol

BOYCOOOOOOT

(11-09-2019, 03:12 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote:
(11-09-2019, 12:21 PM)Upper Wrote: Cousins has been considerably above average for 4 out of his 5 starting seasons, and Foles has been slightly below average at baseline albeit with great peaks and valleys. Just look at their PFR advanced passing pages and see how littered Cousins page is with 110+s  and how Foles' is well...not.

5-27 all time vs. winning teams is laughable. The fact that you’re defending it is hilarious. Just stop.

Dude for 3 seasons he led one of the least talented teams to an above .500 record as a starter.

He obviously didn't start his Vikings tenure off great, but I think Thielen calling him out for trying to play good soldier who didn't rock the boat when they needed a leader to take the team by the horns was a good wakeup call for him. He's been MVP caliber since then.

Nick Foles

Regular Season with Eagles, 2017 and 2018
10 Wins, 2 Losses
passing: 198 of 296 (66.9%) for 1950 yards (6.6 YPA), 12 TDs, 6 INTs for 90.3 passer rating, 14 sacks for 91 yards
rushing: 20 carries for 20 yards, 0 TD, 10 fumbles, 4 lost

Postseason with Eagles, 2017 and 2018
4 Wins, 1 Loss
passing: 120 of 177 (67.8%) for 1,438 yards (8.1 YPA), 9 TDs, 5 INTs for a 97.6 passer rating, 3 sacks for 22 yards
rushing: 8 carries for -3 yards, 1 TD, 2 fumbles, 0 lost
'02

(11-09-2019, 07:34 PM)Upper Wrote:
(11-09-2019, 03:12 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: 5-27 all time vs. winning teams is laughable. The fact that you’re defending it is hilarious. Just stop.

Dude for 3 seasons he led one of the least talented teams to an above .500 record as a starter.

He obviously didn't start his Vikings tenure off great, but I think Thielen calling him out for trying to play good soldier who didn't rock the boat when they needed a leader to take the team by the horns was a good wakeup call for him. He's been MVP caliber since then.

Aaaand the minute that they play a game in the postseason// end of regular season with playoff implications, he will crumble. The dude just doesn’t have it under pressure. Which is fine, most people don’t. I hope I’m wrong, I really do. He’s a great guy and role model. But I’ll stick with a guy who has proven that he can handle the big stage over a guy with a bunch of meaningless wins over subpar competition.

Notice above how Minshew has more losses this year so far than Foles had in two seasons, Playoffs included, with the Eagles.
'02

(11-09-2019, 01:50 PM)Ronster Wrote:

So does that mean YOU will shut up when this DOESN'T happen?  We can only hope.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(11-09-2019, 07:46 PM)Jags02 Wrote: Nick Foles

10 Wins, 2 Losses
passing: 198 of 296 (66.9%) for 1950 yards (6.6 YPA), 12 TDs, 6 INTs for 90.3 passer rating, 14 sacks for 91 yards

4 Wins, 1 Loss
passing: 120 of 177 (67.8%) for 1,438 yards (8.1 YPA), 9 TDs, 5 INTs for a 97.6 passer rating, 3 sacks for 22 yards
Only sacked 17 times in 17 games..... must be nice.

(11-10-2019, 09:34 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:

10 Wins, 2 Losses

4 Wins, 1 Loss

That's just it. When you watch him play in those games, it's not like he wasn't under considerable pressure. He has a knack for getting the ball out just in time. I know there are many here sweating over his obvious lack of mobility evident even in his rushing stats, but he's learned over his years in the league how to compensate for that.
'02

(11-10-2019, 09:34 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:

10 Wins, 2 Losses

4 Wins, 1 Loss

Those numbers are kinda skewed.  3 of those games he came in during a blowout for Carson Wentz, one was the Wentz injury game, and another was a meaningless week 17 game where he only played a quarter. Still, 17 sacks in 12/13 games is pretty nice.

Not to mention those regular season stats are very meh, and while the playoffs stats are good it's also a minuscule 5 game sample.

(11-10-2019, 01:30 AM)Jags02 Wrote: Notice above how Minshew has more losses this year so far than Foles had in two seasons, Playoffs included, with the Eagles.

I had no idea that wins and losses were Quarterback stats. Especially with different teams and coaching staffs.