Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Clots Game / Score Predictions

Jags coming off the bye, brissett banged up, no recievers on that colts team. Colts just getting beat at home by the Dolpheens. Everything is pointed towards 31-10, Colts.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Was really hoping Jacoby wouldn't play, he makes a huge difference on that team.
With that said, I'll say 21-17 Jaguars.

But could also easily see Mack running all over us and them winning by 7+

(11-14-2019, 01:47 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Jags coming off the bye, brissett banged up, no recievers on that colts team. Colts just getting beat at home by the Dolpheens. Everything is pointed towards 31-10, Colts.

I gotta admit... this made me laugh.

If this happens. I think everyone should be fired on the spot.
Losing a close one to a good team that is well coached is one thing.
Getting blown out in the fashion you describe would be inexcusable.

Jaguars can win this first game back from the bye.
Should be close in first half but they pull away in the second.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2019, 12:29 PM by Browntrouser.)

Colts 27
Jags 13

Also I will be at the game!
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

(11-14-2019, 12:28 PM)Browntrouser Wrote: Colts 27
Jags 13

If a fully healthy Jags team post-bye can only muster 13 points... switching back to Foles from Minshew would be the least of our problems/worries/mistakes.

Jaguars 31-17

I despise the Colts to depths words can't describe having been stuck there for 12 long years until escaping this past May, so it pains me greatly to say that I believe the Colts will win by 7 or 10 if Brissett is under center. He is so much better than the Luck Fanboy Mediahype Crew wants to admit and I think Foles will play like a downgrade from GM15. Hope I'm wrong. I'd like to see the Colts lose and then relocate to North Dakota.

(11-14-2019, 01:17 PM)IndyJagsFan Wrote: I think Foles will play like a downgrade from GM15. 

If Foles plays like a downgrade to a 6th round rookie, the entire front office should be fired at 5PM Sunday for signing him and paying him 80+million.

(11-14-2019, 01:58 PM)Kane Wrote:
(11-14-2019, 01:17 PM)IndyJagsFan Wrote: I think Foles will play like a downgrade from GM15. 

If Foles plays like a downgrade to a 6th round rookie, the entire front office should be fired at 5PM Sunday for signing him and paying him 80+million.

I don't think that Foles will play like a downgrade to what we got from Minshew. It'll be a different brand of QB play but should be as or more efficient. 

The bigger issue here is that Minshew didn't play like a 6th round rookie, so your scenario is not laid on solid footing. 
Also - the Jags stand a good chance of only paying Foles 45 mil if Gardner is ready to take over sometime in 2020 or to begin 2021.

As much as I hate to say it.. I think we are going to get whooped.

Clots 31-16

The blood clots are a genuinely terrible team with good coaching. That trumps an average team with terrible coaching.

Sad day

21-17.

If Brissett starts, Colts win. If not, Jags win.

17-10 Jags.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

I am concerned about Foles being rusty in coming back against a Colts team that has been fairly stout on D throughout the year.

Colts 27
Jags 16

I'd like to think it'll be a better score than that, but I can't help but feel like there's too much unknown with how Foles is going to perform against the Colts. I'd be happy if he went out there and demonstrated to everyone why he never deserved to lose the starting job in the first place, injury aside.

Colts have far superior coaching, which worries me. But this is a game we should win coming off the bye. Hopefully Foles can help our red zone troubles, we’ve been terrible at getting TDs.

I’ll optimistically say 27-24 Jags.

23-20

Jags in a nailbiter.
I could see this one at 20-20 headed to overtime. Anybody's game.

(11-14-2019, 12:54 PM)Kane Wrote:
(11-14-2019, 12:28 PM)Browntrouser Wrote: Colts 27
Jags 13

If a fully healthy Jags team post-bye can only muster 13 points... switching back to Foles from Minshew would be the least of our problems/worries/mistakes.
 Welcome to the reality of Jaguars
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2019, 10:26 AM by Kane.)

(11-14-2019, 02:26 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-14-2019, 01:58 PM)Kane Wrote: If Foles plays like a downgrade to a 6th round rookie, the entire front office should be fired at 5PM Sunday for signing him and paying him 80+million.

I don't think that Foles will play like a downgrade to what we got from Minshew. It'll be a different brand of QB play but should be as or more efficient. 

The bigger issue here is that Minshew didn't play like a 6th round rookie, so your scenario is not laid on solid footing. 
Also - the Jags stand a good chance of only paying Foles 45 mil if Gardner is ready to take over sometime in 2020 or to begin 2021.

Yeah my whole point is on the idea that Foles was handed a big contract, regardless of what is actually paid, and if he can't come in and play at least to the same level as what we got from Minshew he wasn't worth a drop of it and the front office, yet again, blunders up the QB position and salary cap paying the wrong dudes.

I have no doubt Foles comes in and elevates the play of the offense personally. At least slightly.

(11-14-2019, 02:53 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: As much as I hate to say it.. I think we are going to get whooped.

Clots 31-16

I don't think you hate saying it at all.

(11-15-2019, 10:25 AM)Kane Wrote:
(11-14-2019, 02:26 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I don't think that Foles will play like a downgrade to what we got from Minshew. It'll be a different brand of QB play but should be as or more efficient. 

Yeah my whole point is on the idea that Foles was handed a big contract, regardless of what is actually paid, and if he can't come in and play at least to the same level as what we got from Minshew he wasn't worth a drop of it and the front office, yet again, blunders up the QB position and salary cap paying the wrong dudes.

I have no doubt Foles comes in and elevates the play of the offense personally. At least slightly.

What I'm saying is that that salary you keep bringing up doesn't mandate he does anything compared to Minshew, it mandates that he come in and be the 18th best paid QB in the league in 2019. 
That's what he is. 

Everyone wants to throw around a contract total he's unlikely to ever see. He's the 18th best paid QB in the league in 2019.   And if you adjust for his bonus and guarantee and spread it over 2019/2020 - he's still 15th on that list.
Basically - I'm saying let's not pretend the Jags threw top tier money at this guy because they didn't.