Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Suggestion about ticket sales

I've looked at Ticketmaster, and there are a huge amount of unsold tickets for the Tampa game.   Why can't the Jaguars let the prices of unsold tickets float up and down with supply and demand?  Club seats are still going for about 400 bucks.  There's no way they can sell those tickets at that price.  But the franchise apparently won't let the tickets go for less than face value.  So they have thousands and thousands of empty seats.  That stadium is going to look very empty on Sunday.  They need to let the free market set the price of the unsold tickets.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-30-2019, 08:09 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I've looked at Ticketmaster, and there are a huge amount of unsold tickets for the Tampa game.   Why can't the Jaguars let the prices of unsold tickets float up and down with supply and demand?  Club seats are still going for about 400 bucks.  There's no way they can sell those tickets at that price.  But the franchise apparently won't let the tickets go for less than face value.  So they have thousands and thousands of empty seats.  That stadium is going to look very empty on Sunday.  They need to let the free market set the price of the unsold tickets.

The sort of people who buy club seats would rather have the rest around them empty than filled with the sort of people that can't pay $400 a seat. Or maybe it's just about league rules regarding ticket pricing and revenue sharing.  Laughing

(11-30-2019, 08:35 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(11-30-2019, 08:09 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I've looked at Ticketmaster, and there are a huge amount of unsold tickets for the Tampa game.   Why can't the Jaguars let the prices of unsold tickets float up and down with supply and demand?  Club seats are still going for about 400 bucks.  There's no way they can sell those tickets at that price.  But the franchise apparently won't let the tickets go for less than face value.  So they have thousands and thousands of empty seats.  That stadium is going to look very empty on Sunday.  They need to let the free market set the price of the unsold tickets.

The sort of people who buy club seats would rather have the rest around them empty than filled with the sort of people that can't pay $400 a seat. Or maybe it's just about league rules regarding ticket pricing and revenue sharing.  Laughing

League rules and revenue sharing are the issues.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(This post was last modified: 11-30-2019, 09:11 AM by The Real Marty.)

(11-30-2019, 08:41 AM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(11-30-2019, 08:35 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: The sort of people who buy club seats would rather have the rest around them empty than filled with the sort of people that can't pay $400 a seat. Or maybe it's just about league rules regarding ticket pricing and revenue sharing.  Laughing

League rules and revenue sharing are the issues.

That's fine, but they don't make any money on an unsold ticket.  It seems like the league would wise up and let teams float their ticket prices to maximize the total sales.  More revenue to share.   

I used to buy season tickets in the club seats.  I don't any more because I am out of town so often.  But you used to be able to walk up to the stadium on game day and there would be a thriving free market outside the stadium.  I could get a club seat for $100 real easy.  And that meant there was another person inside the stadium supporting the team, and buying the concessions.  

If the team wants to eliminate the free market outside the stadium, exercising total control through Ticketmaster, then they should let the free market operate through Ticketmaster and float the price of the tickets.  Free markets operate to maximize revenue.  Let the free market work!  The current product is way overpriced!

Here's an idea- split up the unsold tickets equally among the team ticket agents.  Have a competition to see which one can bring in the most total revenue.  Let each of them set the price of the tickets they control.  Give a bonus to whichever one brings in the most total revenue.

whatever......here on out I doubt there will any demand for tickets
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

They can't or they de-value the overall market not to mention dis-incentive season ticket holders. That means they'd have to drop ticket prices further and it becomes a vicious cycle. Demand is driven (at least in this market but there are others) by the success of the franchise on the field.

(11-30-2019, 09:06 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: If the team wants to eliminate the free market outside the stadium, exercising total control through Ticketmaster, then they should let the free market operate through Ticketmaster and float the price of the tickets.  Free markets operate to maximize revenue.  Let the free market work!  The current product is way overpriced!

Re-sale tickets on ticketmaster *can* be had for more or less than the face value of the tickets.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

How would you feel as a season ticket holder to find out the overweight guy in the seat next to you, who decided not to wear deodorant to a September game, only paid $15 due to low demand?

(11-30-2019, 12:47 PM)FatimaJaguar Wrote: How would you feel as a season ticket holder to find out the overweight guy in the seat next to you, who decided not to wear deodorant to a September game,  only paid $15 due to low demand?

I would feel like I root for the wrong team.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

The only thing they could do is to do what baseball does and have variable pricing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

[Image: 3i0k6c.jpg]
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(11-30-2019, 01:05 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(11-30-2019, 12:47 PM)FatimaJaguar Wrote: How would you feel as a season ticket holder to find out the overweight guy in the seat next to you, who decided not to wear deodorant to a September game,  only paid $15 due to low demand?

I would feel like I root for the wrong team.

Ticket demand constitutes who you root for? You sound diehard.

Imagine paying $200 per game for a season ticket and every game there is someone next to you who got their ticket for $50. Even if you're the kind of fan to whom buying season tickets was a top priority, you'd still be pissed.

or......

The team could just build a winner that people want to pay to watch.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(11-30-2019, 09:06 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: or......
The team could just build a winner that people want to pay to watch.

Brillant!
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(11-30-2019, 07:17 PM)DragonFury Wrote: Imagine paying $200 per game for a season ticket and every game there is someone next to you who got their ticket for $50. Even if you're the kind of fan to whom buying season tickets was a top priority, you'd still be pissed.

The pendulum swings both ways. If the team were winning and tickets were in high demand, the season ticket holder would be the winner.
Here we go again

(11-30-2019, 07:17 PM)DragonFury Wrote: Imagine paying $200 per game for a season ticket and every game there is someone next to you who got their ticket for $50. Even if you're the kind of fan to whom buying season tickets was a top priority, you'd still be pissed.

That's essentially how seats on an airplane work, though. People deal with it.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Pissed is an Understatement. I have that feeling every game. Every Game. It would be less expensive to purchase an ticket per game vs. being an season ticket holder. The team would suffer the consequences though.

NH3...
"AZANE"

I think the end of the tarps and the likely return is a fitting tribute to our SB window closing.

Hey, I was pissed paying $200 per seat in section 105 seeing people from the nosebleed sections sneak down into my section and occupy the empty seats. Why in the world would anyone, in this low demand market, pay the face value for tickets when you can pay a scalper $10 for a ticket in the upper bowl, and then sneak down to one of the thousands of empty seats in the lower bowl?

(12-01-2019, 07:52 AM)Section105Fan Wrote: Hey, I was pissed paying $200 per seat in section 105 seeing people from the nosebleed sections sneak down into my section and occupy the empty seats. Why in the world would anyone, in this low demand market, pay the face value for tickets when you can pay a scalper $10 for a ticket in the upper bowl, and then sneak down to one of the thousands of empty seats in the lower bowl?

The real question is why would you pay at all?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato