Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The jags should have known what they were getting in Foles and never paid him.

(12-01-2019, 02:40 AM)Jags02 Wrote: I disagree that they should have known. Watching Nick throw in these games I can tell you for sure without hesitation that Nick Foles is a far superior passer than what we're seeing so far. Moreover, many of his passes are falling short of the mark. It's obvious to me that Nick hasn't fully rehabbed from his clavicle injury and was thrown out there too soon. The medical staff and his QB Coach should have been more on top of this.

He flat out sucks. He super sucks. He plays like a rookie that played at a Division II school

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-01-2019, 03:01 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(12-01-2019, 02:40 AM)Jags02 Wrote: I disagree that they should have known. Watching Nick throw in these games I can tell you for sure without hesitation that Nick Foles is a far superior passer than what we're seeing so far. Moreover, many of his passes are falling short of the mark. It's obvious to me that Nick hasn't fully rehabbed from his clavicle injury and was thrown out there too soon. The medical staff and his QB Coach should have been more on top of this.

He flat out sucks. He super sucks. He plays like a rookie that played at a Division II school

He certainly has played like that so far for the Jags.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

The move to sign Nick Files reeked of desperation. There is an inexcusable organizational flaw in which the team is signing first day free agents nearly every year. Negotiating against themselves and unnecessarily over paying on players was a mistake that they have repeated in negotiations with Linder, Bortles, Foles and Jack.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

There were a fair share of us who wanted to draft a QB and keep Bortles. Oh how we were attacked...

I'm Seriously Appalled to see all these Ramsey jerseys in our stadium.

SMDH.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(12-01-2019, 03:49 PM)lastonealive Wrote: There were a fair share of us who wanted to draft a QB and keep Bortles. Oh how we were attacked...

Keeping Bortles or not never mattered to me, I just didn't want to see the team ruin its cap for years getting into a bidding war with themselves over a backup level QB right after they just got done overpaying Bortles.

I'm seriously appalled to see that the Bucs are playing against a supposed NFL team.

I'll just be over here preparing my dinner...

[Image: eating-crow.jpg]

(12-01-2019, 04:40 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'll just be over here preparing my dinner...

[Image: eating-crow.jpg]

A lot of people don't have the cajones to admit they're wrong and eat the crow.

Kudos, sir!

No QB would have been good behind our O line. They absolutely were terrible. Beyond terrible. They got their [BLEEP] kicked.

(12-01-2019, 06:59 PM)jon2005 Wrote: No QB would have been good behind our O line. They absolutely were terrible. Beyond terrible. They got their [BLEEP] kicked.

Minshew looked pretty good... just saying.

(11-30-2019, 02:13 PM)burt1jason Wrote: Just an aside....but Gardner just got in line right behind me at Publix.

91% chance he starts next Sunday?

This board is not for the enhancement of anyones football IQ. Debating and hearing different opinions is the amusement i get. Everyone has their time to be right and wrong at some point. I can say i've been right about moves we should make, far more than i care to admit since it has only brought misery and anger. I'm just happy i still have fellow Jags fan still on the ship while we sink.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(12-02-2019, 01:43 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: This board is not for the enhancement of anyones football IQ.  Debating and hearing different opinions is the amusement i get.  Everyone has their time to be right and wrong at some point.  I can say i've been right about moves we should make, far more than i care to admit since it has only brought misery and anger.  I'm just happy i still have fellow Jags fan still on the ship while we sink.

We bicker, we argue, we namecall...

But at the end of the day... we all bleed teal.

(12-02-2019, 01:43 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: This board is not for the enhancement of anyones football IQ.  Debating and hearing different opinions is the amusement i get.  Everyone has their time to be right and wrong at some point.  I can say i've been right about moves we should make, far more than i care to admit since it has only brought misery and anger.  I'm just happy i still have fellow Jags fan still on the ship while we sink.

So much has changed in the NFL over the last couple decades. Some of us are old school in our thought processes. 

The new NFL is such a business. I think that is a lot of our disconnects. It’s not like back in the day where a team had more control over a players tenure or salary request. If you don’t have enough younger players playing on your roster, you can’t afford the cap. A lot of times we get upset for letting certain players go or for the signing of other players when we feel they are not worth it. If you look at it as shopping, sometimes you don’t always pick the brand name, if you believe an off brand can perform of and comes in cheaper. 

Foles for me was an off brand. I think he signed at the right price and offered what should have been more stable QB play than Bortles. We couldn’t afford a better QB. 

I agree with the sentiments that OL play has gone down across the board in the NFL especially with all the holding calls..and with it, so has a lot of the pocket passers success. The most successful teams have a mobile qb that extend plays negating some of the ineffectiveness of the olines.

I don’t think our offensive lines sucks, I think the coaching of it sucks. Too much inconsistency from players that have proven to be consistent on other teams be that NFL or college.

(12-02-2019, 02:30 PM)Corriewf Wrote:

So much has changed in the NFL over the last couple decades. Some of us are old school in our thought processes. 

The new NFL is such a business. I think that is a lot of our disconnects. It’s not like back in the day where a team had more control over a players tenure or salary request. If you don’t have enough younger players playing on your roster, you can’t afford the cap. A lot of times we get upset for letting certain players go or for the signing of other players when we feel they are not worth it. If you look at it as shopping, sometimes you don’t always pick the brand name, if you believe an off brand can perform of and comes in cheaper. 

Foles for me was an off brand. I think he signed at the right price and offered what should have been more stable QB play than Bortles. We couldn’t afford a better QB. 

I agree with the sentiments that OL play has gone down across the board in the NFL especially with all the holding calls..and with it, so has a lot of the pocket passers success. The most successful teams have a mobile qb that extend plays negating some of the ineffectiveness of the olines.

I don’t think our offensive lines sucks, I think the coaching of it sucks. Too much inconsistency from players that have proven to be consistent on other teams be that NFL or college.

And with the rule changes a scrambling QB is much more successful because guys are scared to hit them like they used to.

(12-02-2019, 03:22 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/Demetrius82/status/1...05441?s=20
But I thought Foles quick release was going to help the OLine?

(12-02-2019, 03:25 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-02-2019, 03:22 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/Demetrius82/status/1...05441?s=20
But I thought Foles quick release was going to help the OLine?

I thought it would. He looked terrible and didn't get the ball out quickly.
*shrug*

https://twitter.com/Andy_Benoit/status/1201583043422621698?s=20

(12-02-2019, 03:28 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-02-2019, 03:25 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: But I thought Foles quick release was going to help the OLine?

I thought it would. He looked terrible and didn't get the ball out quickly.
*shrug*

https://twitter.com/Andy_Benoit/status/1201583043422621698?s=20
Well at least we get a little spark for the last 4 games. Jags are 4-8 but I'm more excited for this game than I was when Foles took over.