Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
UGA vs. LSU SEC championship

Who wins? Being a UGA fan myself, I’m hoping the dawgs pull through. I wouldn’t put money on them, though.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-04-2019, 01:15 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Who wins? Being a UGA fan myself, I’m hoping the dawgs pull through. I wouldn’t put money on them, though.

Right there with you. Love my Dawgs. But our offense has been so spotty. I’d say LSU by a touchdown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]

I think dem dawgs gonna pull off a win. Joe Brady Burrow will look like how he will look in the NFL, a statue that will get sacked and sacked hard and look all rattled.

LSU by 23

(12-04-2019, 03:11 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: LSU by 23

Disrespectful to the UGA D my dude.

LSU wins but not in blow out fashion.

LSU 30
Dawgs 24

The bookies know what they are doing. O/U is at 54.5 in most spots, LSU -7 (-7.5 in some spots)

I'm keeping my money away from this game, however.
As a Gator fan, I can't root for either team, although an LSU victory probably creates more turmoil and makes the CFP committee's job harder. (If Utah beats Oregon close, and OU beats Baylor big, now what kinda thing)

Honestly though, just glad Bama ain't there with no legitimate shot at getting into the playoff.

(12-04-2019, 05:28 PM)Kane Wrote:

LSU 30
Dawgs 24

The bookies know what they are doing. O/U is at 54.5 in most spots, LSU -7 (-7.5 in some spots)

As a Gator fan, I can't root for either team, although an LSU victory probably creates more turmoil and makes the CFP committee's job harder. (If Utah beats Oregon close, and OU beats Baylor big, now what kinda thing)

Honestly though, just glad Bama ain't there with no legitimate shot at getting into the playoff.

Swift is banged up, Cager is hurt and Pickens got ejected the last game and will miss at least a half of the LSU game. I just don't see the Dawgs creating enough offense to stay with LSU.

(12-04-2019, 06:23 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-04-2019, 05:28 PM)Kane Wrote: Disrespectful to the UGA D my dude.

LSU 30
Dawgs 24

Swift is banged up, Cager is hurt and Pickens got ejected the last game and will miss at least a half of the LSU game. I just don't see the Dawgs creating enough offense to stay with LSU.

I hear ya about UGA offense... they haven't exactly been lighting it up a bunch with those guys either. I just think the D will slow down the LSU offense enough early and the Dawgs will keep it close throughout the second half. Probably 20-10 at half 30-17 late with a late score by UGA that doesn't matter much except to make it look better.
LSU doesn't play great defense so I think that helps UGA a bit.

LSU by 20

This is going to be a fun one to watch. Been trying to draw a conclusion by looking at how each played certain opponents and the only two real ones to look at for me is Florida and auburn.

LSU handled Florida and got passed auburn but not in a blow out.

Georgia has auburn in a closer game but Florida they didn’t beat as handily according to score. However if you watched the Florida Georgia game you will know that Georgia had control basically the entire game.

So for me, it’s a tough one but I’m taking LSU Given the fact Georgia is a little banged up and has a suspension to a star wideout. But I do think Georgia has a lot more to lose since LSU theoretically could stay in CFP even with a lose... at any rate I’m looking forward to it.

Hope the Ducks beat the Utah Utes. Who wants to see the weak Pac 12 Utah get destroyed by Ohio St.

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2019, 09:36 PM by JagsorDie.)

(12-06-2019, 09:32 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Hope the Ducks beat the Utah Utes.  Who wants to see the weak Pac 12 Utah get destroyed by Ohio St.

Like I said I think LSU will win, but if not, LSU could drop to 4 leaving the same 4 teams but different first round match ups. Meaning no big 12 or pac 12 will be repped.

Dang...Georgia fans leaving in the 3rd quarter!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Can't believe I didn't see this thread. Love my dawgs. But they didn't stand a chance. Fromm isn't a QB that takes games over. He's a manager at best.

Burrow ate them alive today. Kirby made a mistake not playing Eason or Fields these past few years. Both guys have better arm talent than Fromm.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I realize QB is not among our top needs, but Burrow has impressed me so much this season, I believe he may be the best college QB to enter the draft since Andrew Luck. I can't find a deficiency in his game. I think I'd be willing to call the Bengals and offer our top 1st round pick this year, our 4th round pick this year, Cam Robinson, Josh Dobbs and both first rounders next season, so I could draft him. With our other first round pick, I take the best LT on the board and target an OG in round 2. I then get a TE in round 3 and somewhere in rounds 5-7 I add 2 LB's, a NT and a CB. In free agency, I go all in on signing Bills DT Jordan Phillips who can play either DT spot. I almost NEVER want to move up in the draft, but Burrow is something special and the Bengals have virtually nothing. Maybe, just maybe they are desperate enough to trade down and acquire a cache' of picks and young players. All I know is Burrow is gonna be a star. That kid has ice in his veins. He doesn't panic, he reads the defenses very quickly and gets rid of the ball in a hurry and on target. These are all the traits that no Jaguars QB has had all together in one package.

(12-07-2019, 09:53 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I realize QB is not among our top needs, but Burrow has impressed me so much this season, I believe he may be the best college QB to enter the draft since Andrew Luck. I can't find a deficiency in his game. I think I'd be willing to call the Bengals and offer our top 1st round pick this year, our 4th round pick this year, Cam Robinson, Josh Dobbs and both first rounders next season, so I could draft him. With our other first round pick, I take the best LT on the board and target an OG in round 2. I then get a TE in round 3 and somewhere in rounds 5-7 I add 2 LB's, a NT and a CB. In free agency, I go all in on signing Bills DT Jordan Phillips who can play either DT spot. I almost NEVER want to move up in the draft, but Burrow is something special and the Bengals have virtually nothing. Maybe, just maybe they are desperate enough to trade down and acquire a cache' of picks and young players. All I know is Burrow is gonna be a star. That kid has ice in his veins. He doesn't panic, he reads the defenses very quickly and gets rid of the ball in a hurry and on target. These are all the traits that no Jaguars QB has had all together in one package.

No doubt Burrow looks like he'll be a very good NFL quarterback. This trade, however, makes little sense for both teams. Why would the Bengals even want Robinson or Dobbs? So basically, it's a trade of Burrow for a 1st rounder this year and 2 next year. If they think Burrow is the next Luck, no way they do it. 

As far as the Jaguars are concerned, it makes even less sense. Despite having a great year, we still don't know for sure how he would succeed with little around him. The Jaguars would be giving up 3 potential excellent NFL starters for a guy who isn't a guarantee to succeed. Secondly, I want to see what Minshew does for the rest of this season. He could be the greatest bargain this team has ever had. Even if he doesn't succeed, Foles should have a much better line next season and I'm not ready to give up on him either. Finally, with this club's history of quarterbacks, there's no way I'd risk this deal. Gabbert, Leftwich, Bortles and Foles have all been bad decisions. While I haven't given up on Foles, he still wasn't worth what they paid him. By the way, that doesn't mean they should never draft a quarterback in the first round- just not this year given what they've have to give up. If next year is more of the same for this team, they will have 2 first rounders to make a similar trade for one of the 2 studs who will be coming out then.

(12-04-2019, 05:28 PM)Kane Wrote:

LSU 30
Dawgs 24

LOL .....  as it turns out 23 points was understated.

(12-08-2019, 02:14 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(12-07-2019, 09:53 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I realize QB is not among our top needs, but Burrow has impressed me so much this season, I believe he may be the best college QB to enter the draft since Andrew Luck. I can't find a deficiency in his game. I think I'd be willing to call the Bengals and offer our top 1st round pick this year, our 4th round pick this year, Cam Robinson, Josh Dobbs and both first rounders next season, so I could draft him. With our other first round pick, I take the best LT on the board and target an OG in round 2. I then get a TE in round 3 and somewhere in rounds 5-7 I add 2 LB's, a NT and a CB. In free agency, I go all in on signing Bills DT Jordan Phillips who can play either DT spot. I almost NEVER want to move up in the draft, but Burrow is something special and the Bengals have virtually nothing. Maybe, just maybe they are desperate enough to trade down and acquire a cache' of picks and young players. All I know is Burrow is gonna be a star. That kid has ice in his veins. He doesn't panic, he reads the defenses very quickly and gets rid of the ball in a hurry and on target. These are all the traits that no Jaguars QB has had all together in one package.

No doubt Burrow looks like he'll be a very good NFL quarterback. This trade, however, makes little sense for both teams. Why would the Bengals even want Robinson or Dobbs? So basically, it's a trade of Burrow for a 1st rounder this year and 2 next year. If they think Burrow is the next Luck, no way they do it. 

As far as the Jaguars are concerned, it makes even less sense. Despite having a great year, we still don't know for sure how he would succeed with little around him. The Jaguars would be giving up 3 potential excellent NFL starters for a guy who isn't a guarantee to succeed. Secondly, I want to see what Minshew does for the rest of this season. He could be the greatest bargain this team has ever had. Even if he doesn't succeed, Foles should have a much better line next season and I'm not ready to give up on him either. Finally, with this club's history of quarterbacks, there's no way I'd risk this deal. Gabbert, Leftwich, Bortles and Foles have all been bad decisions. While I haven't given up on Foles, he still wasn't worth what they paid him. By the way, that doesn't mean they should never draft a quarterback in the first round- just not this year given what they've have to give up. If next year is more of the same for this team, they will have 2 first rounders to make a similar trade for one of the 2 studs who will be coming out then.

Because they have more needs than we do. They literally have nothing. They have by far, the worst O-Line in the league. They drafted Jonah Williams last year to play LT and he immediately got injured. They don't have a consistently decent O-Lineman on that roster and believe it or not, Robinson would be a huge upgrade over Bobby Hart at RT. On top of that, he could fill in at LT, if Williams was unable to return immediately in 2020. As for Dobbs, maybe that was wishful thinking, but he's cheap and Dalton has probably played his last game as a Bengal, once the season ends. IMO, I'd give them the pick of any of our QB's. They could definitely use the extra draft picks, because that team needs a complete re-build. 

Maybe you think Minshew can turn into something, but I'm not seeing it. I was willing to give him a chance, but he returned today and looked like the same QB he looked like when Foles took over for him. He isn't seeing the whole field and he's constantly checking down like he has no confidence to make even the mid level passes. This kid is not a franchise QB. Some people on this board are so desperate for even a so-so QB, that they are making Minshew into something he is not. The truth is that he beat 4 really bad teams. Tennessee has gone on a run lately under Tannehill, but when we beat them, they had Mariota under center and we compiled 9 sacks against him in that game. 

You say with the teams past history of drafting QB's, you don't wanna go that route this year, because we'd be giving up too much? That's a loser's mentality. When you identify a QB with Burrow's type of skill-set, you do anything you can to get him. This team has been without a decent QB ever since Brunell left. I'm sick of it! What is worse, drafting a QB in round 1 who fails or extending a veteran to 3 yr. $54 million deal and then cutting him, because he's so bad you're willing to eat all that dead money and then turning around to sign another free agent QB to 4 years $88 million and he is so bad, he gets benched behind a 6th round pick who isn't much better? I'll take drafting a QB any day of the week! I am not sold at all, on the 2021 QB class. Who knows, maybe someone will make huge strides like Burrow did this season, but that is a big "if". I don't want to go into 2021 needing to draft a QB and over-drafting a guy who isn't worthy. I believe whole-heartedly that Burrow is that guy and I believe that even if we have to give up 3 of our first round picks in the next two years, we can make enough changes on the O-Line and D-Line to make this team competitive again. It will never happen without a franchise QB though and I am convinced we do not have one currently on this roster.

(12-08-2019, 08:47 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(12-04-2019, 05:28 PM)Kane Wrote: Disrespectful to the UGA D my dude.

LSU 30
Dawgs 24

LOL .....  as it turns out 23 points was understated.

Indeed...

Good God... LSU is good but geez Fromm looked awful and I'm really surprised they couldn't muster anything at all until garbage time.

Fromm sucks. Smart sucks more for letting Eason and Fields transfer out.

You live by the run game. You die by the run game. Stop Swift and you stop them. Fromm doesn't have the chops to take over in the passing game.

Christian Ponder 2.0 at best. Has no business being a 1st RD pick in next year's draft.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-09-2019, 01:29 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Fromm sucks. Smart sucks more for letting Eason and Fields transfer out.

You live by the run game. You die by the run game. Stop Swift and you stop them. Fromm doesn't have the chops to take over in the passing game.

Christian Ponder 2.0 at best. Has no business being a 1st RD pick in next year's draft.

Agreed. Outside of Burrow I'm not sold on any of the 1st round QBs this year (Tua may get cleared medically, but his injury history still gives me pause, otherwise his talent is surely worth a first)

Hell, Fromm may have played his way to the 2nd round this season.
Someone is going to select Herbert in the 1st... but I'm not a fan.
If we stay out of the QB mix in the first I could see it being Cincy - Burrow, Miami - Herbert, LA Chargers - Tua