Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Post Jalen Mock Draft - Updated

(11-27-2019, 03:58 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-27-2019, 03:38 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I wish folks understood how little BAP really factors into most picks.

If there's a receiver at one of our early picks that's the highest rated player on our board but there are similarly rated players available at positions of greater need   -  then I'm taking the guy I need more that I rated slightly lower and so are at least 28 GMs in the same situation.

You'd have to have a player of ridiculous value fall into your lap to ignore actual needs or be very close to a complete roster to select purely based on BAP.  We have this discussion every year and it's amazing how many people still believe in pure BAP like it's the Easter Bunny.

I agree, but IMO, there are a handful of truly elite players in this draft (Burrow, Young, Thomas, Wirfs, Okudah, Brown, Judy and Lamb) and then there is a big dropoff. That's not to say there aren't other really good players available in round 1, but those are guys that are the top of the top. If we're in position to get one of those elite players (with the excepetion of Young, since we are already 4 deep at DE), we gotta take it. With our second pick in round 1 and from there on out, we draft the BAP at a position of need, but when you pick inside the top 10, you try to get an elite player.

Remember need doesn't have to mean immediate need. For GMs they draft looking at roster construction 1, 2, 3 years down the line. All of the picks they take has their level of need built in throughout the process. 

For instance, they *needed* Taven Bryan, as they knew Malik was going the following year.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-27-2019, 10:46 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(11-27-2019, 03:58 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I agree, but IMO, there are a handful of truly elite players in this draft (Burrow, Young, Thomas, Wirfs, Okudah, Brown, Judy and Lamb) and then there is a big dropoff. That's not to say there aren't other really good players available in round 1, but those are guys that are the top of the top. If we're in position to get one of those elite players (with the excepetion of Young, since we are already 4 deep at DE), we gotta take it. With our second pick in round 1 and from there on out, we draft the BAP at a position of need, but when you pick inside the top 10, you try to get an elite player.

Remember need doesn't have to mean immediate need. For GMs they draft looking at roster construction 1, 2, 3 years down the line. All of the picks they take has their level of need built in throughout the process. 

For instance, they *needed* Taven Bryan, as they knew Malik was going the following year.
WR may become a need. Lee is done. Cole didn't really redeem himself. Westbrook is entering year three already and he's on a contract year I assume. Conley was a one or two year deal? Not sure.

Outside of Chark though I would imagine WR has to be on their list. They have to find a way to balance it out. By the time they figure out this offense the defense will be falling apart. Or vice versa.

Can't catch a break.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 11-29-2019, 05:08 PM by Caldrac.)

Your score is: 30562 (GRADE: B-)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 9: Derrick Brown, DT, Auburn (A)
Round 2 Pick 3 (MIA): Trevon Diggs, CB, Alabama (A)
Round 2 Pick 9: Kenneth Murray, ILB/OLB, Oklahoma (B)
Round 2 Pick 30 (BALT): Solomon Kindley, OG, Georgia (A-)
Round 3 Pick 3 (MIA): Darryl Williams, C/OG, Mississippi State (B+)
Round 3 Pick 9: Harrison Bryant, TE, Florida Atlantic (C-)
Round 3 Pick 30 (BALT): Shyheim Carter, CB/FS, Alabama (A+)
Round 4 Pick 9: Darrell Taylor, DE/OLB, Tennessee (A)
Round 5 Pick 19: Julian Blackmon, CB, Utah (A)
Round 6 Pick 9: Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor (A-)
Round 6 Pick 28: Jared Rice, TE, Fresno State (A+)
Round 7 Pick 9: Benito Jones, DT, Mississippi (A+)

Your Future Picks:
2021 Round 1 Pick
2022 Round 1 Pick

I tried to be realistic. The odds of you being able to trade on virtually every single pick seems out of the realm of reality for me. I stuck to trading back with a pair of late RD1 choices I was able to get off of Baltimore and worked some things out with Miami.  My goals are to try and find versatile players. Virtually all of those players I selected had a few things in common as far as durability, not missing any games and the ability to play at more than one position if need be. Admittedly I did reach on Bryant at TE. Wasn't sure if he would fall in the simulation to the 30th spot in RD3 that I gained from Baltimore. I liked what I saw.

I my opinion I feel like I addressed a lot of needs at the moment while finding value to sync in line. I addressed several holes on defense that should help balance it out over the next two years by adding players at every level. Offensively I focused on addressing the TE position by adding some guys strictly known for their pass catching skills with frames to bulk up into. And then I was able to add a receiver that I like in Sims from Baylor who I think can mirror Chark perfectly as another "go up and get it" target. Added some more value at FS/CB as well in the event Herndon & Hayden are gone after next year, etc. Picking up another pair of first round picks to carry into 2021 and 2022 doesn't seem to hurt neither.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

This was me having way too much fun in the most unrealistic way possible with this website: 

Your score is: 36241 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 20: Albert Okwuegbunam, TE, Missouri (B+)
Round 1 Pick 21 (DAL): Bryce Hall, CB, Virginia (B+)
Round 2 Pick 20 (LAR): Terrell Lewis, OLB, Alabama (A+)
Round 2 Pick 27 (G.B.): DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama (A)
Round 3 Pick 20 (LAR): Ben Bredeson, OG, Michigan (A)
Round 3 Pick 21 (DAL): Colby Parkinson, TE, Stanford (A)
Round 3 Pick 23 (K.C.): Brandon Jones, FS/SS, Texas (A)
Round 3 Pick 27 (G.B.): Joe Bachie, OLB, Michigan State (A-)
Round 4 Pick 7 (DET): Eno Benjamin, RB, Arizona State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 9: Chase Lucas, CB, Arizona State (A)
Round 4 Pick 15 (CLE): Antonio Gandy-Golden, WR, Liberty (A)
Round 4 Pick 20 (LAR): Marvin Wilson, DT, Florida State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 27 (G.B.): Jon Runyan, OG, Michigan (A)
Round 5 Pick 19: Carter Coughlin, DE/OLB, Minnesota (A+)
Round 6 Pick 1 (CINN): Cesar Ruiz, C, Michigan (A+)
Round 6 Pick 9: Khalil Davis, DT, Nebraska (A+)
Round 6 Pick 28: Brady Aiello, OT, Oregon (A+)
Round 7 Pick 1 (CINN): Jared Rice, TE, Fresno State (A+)

Really winged the grand majority of these selection with knowing next to nothing on most of them. 

(This post was last modified: 11-29-2019, 06:02 PM by Caldrac.)

This is my fast picks, no trades, most value meeting need that touches all aspects of the game:

Your score is: 32153 (GRADE: B)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 9: Derrick Brown, DT, Auburn (A)
Round 1 Pick 20: Grant Delpit, FS/SS, LSU (A)
Round 2 Pick 9: Kenneth Murray, ILB/OLB, Oklahoma (B)
Round 3 Pick 9: Solomon Kindley, OG, Georgia (A)
Round 4 Pick 9: Grant Calcaterra, TE, Oklahoma (A+)
Round 5 Pick 19: Cesar Ruiz, C, Michigan (A+)
Round 6 Pick 9: Cameron Dantzler, CB, Mississippi State (A+)
Round 6 Pick 28: Harrison Bryant, TE, Florida Atlantic (A+)

Your Future Picks:
2021 Round 1 Pick
2022 Round 1 Pick

Your run defense just got better on paper. Your ability to push the pile on offense just got better in the running game. And despite not landing a WR the combination of Calcaterra & Bryant at TE offer flexibility on the outside if they keep Flip as the O.C for whatever reason. 

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 9: Derrick Brown, DT, Auburn (A)
Round 1 Pick 22 (MIA): Henry Ruggs, WR, Alabama (B+)
Round 2 Pick 15 (CLE): Kenneth Murray, ILB/OLB, Oklahoma (B+)
Round 2 Pick 29 (MIA): Trey Adams, OT, Washington (A+)
Round 3 Pick 9: Solomon Kindley, OG, Georgia (A)
Round 3 Pick 15 (CLE): Joe Bachie, OLB, Michigan State (A-)
Round 4 Pick 9: Chubba Hubbard, RB, Oklahoma State (A)
Round 5 Pick 19: Julian Blackmon, CB, Utah (A+)
Round 6 Pick 9: Jordan Fuller, FS/SS, Ohio State (A+)
Round 6 Pick 28: Harrison Bryant, TE, Florida Atlantic (A+)
Round 7 Pick 9: Khalil Davis, DT, Nebraska (A+)

Your Future Picks:
2021 Round 1 Pick
2022 Round 1 Pick

Your score is: 36536 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 12 (T.B.): Derrick Brown, DT, Auburn (A)
Round 1 Pick 20: Jeffrey Okudah, CB, Ohio State (A-)
Round 2 Pick 9: DAndre Swift, RB, Georgia (A)
Round 2 Pick 12 (T.B.): Malik Harrison, ILB/OLB, Ohio State (B+)
Round 3 Pick 9: Ben Bredeson, OG, Michigan (A-)
Round 4 Pick 30 (BALT): David Dowell, FS/SS, Michigan State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 13 (CHI): Carter Coughlin, DE/OLB, Minnesota (A+)
Round 5 Pick 19: Michael Pittman, WR, USC (A)
Round 6 Pick 8 (CLE): Jared Rice, TE, Fresno State (A+)
Round 6 Pick 9: Cameron Dantzler, CB, Mississippi State (A+)
Round 6 Pick 30 (BALT): Cesar Ruiz, C, Michigan (A+)
Round 7 Pick 9: Corey Bethley, DT, TCU (A+)
Round 7 Pick 16 (CAR): Sam Ehlinger, QB, Texas (A+)
Round 7 Pick 20 (LAR): Antoine Brooks, FS/SS, Maryland (A+)
Round 7 Pick 26 (CLE): Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor (A)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOHC7EEH...e=emb_logo

If Wirfs is on the board it would be pretty hard for me to say no.

(11-30-2019, 11:30 AM)Upper Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOHC7EEH...e=emb_logo

If Wirfs is on the board it would be pretty hard for me to say no.

Agreed. I believe he would be an upgrade over Robinson.

R1P11
DL DERRICK BROWN
AUBURN

R1P20
S GRANT DELPIT
LSU

R2P11
C TYLER BIADASZ
WISCONSIN

R3P11
TE COLE KMET
NOTRE DAME

R4P11
LB TROY DYE
OREGON

R5P19
CB ERIC STOKES
GEORGIA

R6P11
RB ANTHONY MCFARLAND
MARYLAND

R6P30
G DAMIEN LEWIS
LSU

R7P11
LB CAM BROWN
PENN STATE

(11-21-2019, 11:07 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote: My dream start to any draft right would be:

1a - Derrick Brown DT - I’m feeling pessimistic about the rest of the season so we may end up drafting high enough to get him. Perfect replacement for Dareus.

1b - Pat Freiermuth TE - May not come out but if he does we need to be all over this guy. Has everything you need in a TE.

2 - Shaun Wade CB - Local kid who could probably play in position in the secondary. Bouye, Herndon, Hayden, and Wade would have me feeling pretty good about the CB room.

Would then try to address OL, WR, and LB in no particular order.

According to GBN Draft Report, Freiermuth has confirmed he will not enter the 2020 NFL draft. He's staying in school.

(12-02-2019, 11:27 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-21-2019, 11:07 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote: My dream start to any draft right would be:

1a - Derrick Brown DT - I’m feeling pessimistic about the rest of the season so we may end up drafting high enough to get him. Perfect replacement for Dareus.

1b - Pat Freiermuth TE - May not come out but if he does we need to be all over this guy. Has everything you need in a TE.

2 - Shaun Wade CB - Local kid who could probably play in position in the secondary. Bouye, Herndon, Hayden, and Wade would have me feeling pretty good about the CB room.

According to GBN Draft Report, Freiermuth has confirmed he will not enter the 2020 NFL draft. He's staying in school.

Saw that a few days back. Pretty disappointing. Not a fan of this TE class.

(12-02-2019, 12:48 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote:
(12-02-2019, 11:27 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: According to GBN Draft Report, Freiermuth has confirmed he will not enter the 2020 NFL draft. He's staying in school.

Saw that a few days back. Pretty disappointing. Not a fan of this TE class.

I like Brycen Hopkins of Purdue and Harrison Bryant of FAU, but I don't really know if either is a true featured TE. It is a pretty weak TE class.

(12-02-2019, 11:27 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

Maybe he'll change his mind if NFL scouts guarantee he'll be the 1st tight end taken and a top 20-25 pick. As a Penn State alumnus, I have mixed feelings about him returning to Penn State. It would obviously be great for them, but the Jaguars definitely need a good tight end and I believe they'd take him with their 2nd pick in round 1. There's a huge drop-off after him in the draft and the Jaguars can't afford to pay guys like Austin Hooper or Hunter Henry.

11: R1P11
DL DERRICK BROWN
AUBURN

19: R1P19
C TYLER BIADASZ
WISCONSIN

43: R2P11
CB SHAUN WADE
OHIO STATE

75: R3P11
LB DYLAN MOSES
ALABAMA

117: R4P11
WR DENZEL MIMS
BAYLOR

162: R5P18
S ANTOINE BROOKS JR.
MARYLAND

189: R6P11
TE HARRISON BRYANT
FLORIDA ATLANTIC

209: R6P31
EDGE JOE GAZIANO
NORTHWESTERN

224: R7P11
RB PATRICK TAYLOR JR.
MEMPHIS

I’m not as familiar with the players as most of you, but I’d use my first two on best interior DL and best OL at any position. I don’t care what order and I don’t care what position.

(12-06-2019, 02:47 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: I’m not as familiar with the players as most of you, but I’d use my first two on best interior DL and best OL at any position. I don’t care what order and I don’t care what position.

If there is a solid MLB candidate, I would add that into the mix as well.

But agreed wholeheartedly, get the big guys early.

No trades:

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 8: Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia (A)
Round 1 Pick 20: Javon Kinlaw, DT, South Carolina (A-)
Round 2 Pick 8: Tyler Biadasz, C, Wisconsin (A)
Round 3 Pick 8: JK Dobbins, RB, Ohio State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 8: Grant Calcaterra, TE, Oklahoma (A+)
Round 6 Pick 8: Damon Arnette, CB, Ohio State (A+)
Round 6 Pick 32: Harrison Bryant, TE, Florida Atlantic (A+)
Round 7 Pick 8: Tyler Johnson, WR, Minnesota (A+)

Your Future Picks:
2021 Round 1 Pick
2022 Round 1 Pick
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(12-06-2019, 04:16 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: No trades:

Your Picks:

Your Future Picks:
2021 Round 1 Pick
2022 Round 1 Pick

FYI Grant Calcaterra has retired from football due to numerous concussions.

(12-06-2019, 05:16 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-06-2019, 04:16 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: No trades:

Your Picks:

Your Future Picks:
2021 Round 1 Pick
2022 Round 1 Pick

FYI Grant Calcaterra has retired from football due to numerous concussions.

Sounds like a Gene Smith guy!!