Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Post Jalen Mock Draft - Updated

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2019, 03:00 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

https://walterfootball.com/draft2020.php

#6 Jacksonville Jaguars: Jeff Okudah, CB, Ohio State

#16 Jacksonville Jaguars: Isaiah Simmons, S, Clemson

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQGXbdxyn_m_oDUgAUrKIG...T_Je_Rfz5A]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSgbTP1q46JXYbH5VyOF3F...loC3y2wi2j]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Give me Grant Delpit, S, LSU - and I will be a really happy camper...

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2019, 03:57 PM by Caldrac.)

I don't see the Jaguars falling off a cliff record wise this year to net that 6th overall selection. I don't think the Rams will fall that much further neither and net us the 16th overall selection.

I really see them netting the 17th overall selection as a team and then probably the 20th overall selection from the Rams. And if that's the case I would think they either attempt to trade back with at least one of those selections. But, if they stand pat, realistically I think they're looking at the following selections:

17th - Alex Leatherwood - OT/ OG - Alabama - Would like to see him at RG if they can somehow get Cam Robinson playing better at LT and Jawaan Taylor improves as a rookie at RT.

20th - Troy Dye - ILB - Oregon - Plays sideline to sideline. Could be a good fit inside on this defense if the staff remains intact. Gives them the option to move Myles Jack back outside if he fails to develop better this year.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

At the moment, presumably, the #6 is our own pick, and the #16 is the pick acquired from the Rams.
I think both picks end up being in #16 - #20 range, but it is waay early.

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."        --Plato

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2019, 04:48 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

I hugely disagree with this guys rankings. There is no way Wisconsin C Tyler Biadasz falls to round 2. He's the best interior O-Lineman in the country. With that said, if the board falls the way this guy has it, I'd take.....

1. CB Jeff Okudah, Ohio State- My favorite CB in a very talented class.

1. C Tyler Biadasz, Wisconsin- One of the most complete Center prospects I've seen in ages. Tremendous run blocker and pass protector.

2. LT Trey Adams, Washington- Falls because of a back injury in 2018, but he has returned fully healthy in 2019 and looks better than ever. Specializes in pass protection, but is also a great run blocker as well. I believe he actually goes in round 1 and think he is by far, the second best LT in the draft after Georgia's Andrew Thomas.

With these picks, I find Ramsey's replacement, find a new Center, allowing us to cut Linder and his $8 million cap hit in 2020 and find us a real, honest to God LT who can open holes in the run game and protect the QB. Adams would allow us to cut Norwell move Cam Robinson inside to LG, where I believe he would fare much better.

I want Delpit

(10-16-2019, 03:47 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I don't see the Jaguars falling off a cliff record wise this year to net that 6th overall selection. I don't think the Rams will fall that much further neither and net us the 16th overall selection.

I really see them netting the 17th overall selection as a team and then probably the 20th overall selection from the Rams. And if that's the case I would think they either attempt to trade back with at least one of those selections. But, if they stand pat, realistically I think they're looking at the following selections:

17th -  Alex Leatherwood - OT/ OG - Alabama - Would like to see him at RG if they can somehow get Cam Robinson playing better at LT and Jawaan Taylor improves as a rookie at RT.

20th -   Troy Dye  - ILB - Oregon - Plays sideline to sideline. Could be a good fit inside on this defense if the staff remains intact. Gives them the option to move Myles Jack back outside if he fails to develop better this year.

Dye is a closer to a 4th/5th round pick than a 1st rounder.

(10-16-2019, 07:26 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(10-16-2019, 03:47 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I don't see the Jaguars falling off a cliff record wise this year to net that 6th overall selection. I don't think the Rams will fall that much further neither and net us the 16th overall selection.

17th -  Alex Leatherwood - OT/ OG - Alabama - Would like to see him at RG if they can somehow get Cam Robinson playing better at LT and Jawaan Taylor improves as a rookie at RT.

20th -   Troy Dye  - ILB - Oregon - Plays sideline to sideline. Could be a good fit inside on this defense if the staff remains intact. Gives them the option to move Myles Jack back outside if he fails to develop better this year.

Dye is a closer to a 4th/5th round pick than a 1st rounder.
According to who?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-16-2019, 04:47 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I hugely disagree with this guys rankings. There is no way Wisconsin C Tyler Biadasz falls to round 2. He's the best interior O-Lineman in the country. With that said, if the board falls the way this guy has it, I'd take.....

1. CB Jeff Okudah, Ohio State- My favorite CB in a very talented class.

1. C Tyler Biadasz, Wisconsin- One of the most complete Center prospects I've seen in ages. Tremendous run blocker and pass protector.

2. LT Trey Adams, Washington- Falls because of a back injury in 2018, but he has returned fully healthy in 2019 and looks better than ever. Specializes in pass protection, but is also a great run blocker as well. I believe he actually goes in round 1 and think he is by far, the second best LT in the draft after Georgia's Andrew Thomas.

With these picks, I find Ramsey's replacement, find a new Center, allowing us to cut Linder and his $8 million cap hit in 2020 and find us a real, honest to God LT who can open holes in the run game and protect the QB. Adams would allow us to cut Norwell move Cam Robinson inside to LG, where I believe he would fare much better.
I'm totally on board with your top 2 picks. The Jags may end up with too many wins to get Okudah, but the class of cornerbacks is very deep, as you said. Biadasz would be a great pick to help take the running game to the next level.

(10-16-2019, 07:29 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(10-16-2019, 07:26 PM)JackCity Wrote: Dye is a closer to a 4th/5th round pick than a 1st rounder.
According to who?

According to me, but also I'd wager he's not considered a first round LB on reputable analysts big boards.

(10-16-2019, 09:57 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(10-16-2019, 07:29 PM)Caldrac Wrote: According to who?

According to me, but also I'd wager he's not considered a first round LB on reputable analysts big boards.

Saw him as a mid-second rounder and third LB off the board recently.

(10-16-2019, 10:06 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-16-2019, 09:57 PM)JackCity Wrote: According to me, but also I'd wager he's not considered a first round LB on reputable analysts big boards.

LB class is very weak but i'd be surprised if he goes in the 2nd with his flaws too.

(10-16-2019, 10:12 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(10-16-2019, 10:06 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Saw him as a mid-second rounder and third LB off the board recently.

LB class is very weak but i'd be surprised if he goes in the 2nd with his flaws too.

If Dylan Moses still comes out despite the injury, he could be a huge steal. I would guess he’d go back to school and improve his draft stock though.

Need to draft a real qb. Trade both #1s to move up to draft a tall, strong arm, Justin Herbert.

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2019, 11:47 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(10-16-2019, 10:51 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Need to draft a real qb. Trade both #1s to move up to draft a tall, strong arm,  Justin Herbert.

Justin Herbert is extremely overrated. I'd be willing to bet Burrow has passed him as the #2 QB in the draft.

(10-16-2019, 10:12 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(10-16-2019, 10:06 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Saw him as a mid-second rounder and third LB off the board recently.

I'd rather have Cal Linebacker Evan Weaver. I don't know about his speed or athleticism, but the kid has great instincts and is all over the field. He's a play maker.

(10-16-2019, 10:51 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Need to draft a real qb. Trade both #1s to move up to draft a tall, strong arm,  Justin Herbert.

I’d rather trade back and pick up someone’s first next year. Have three in 2021 and get Trevor Lawrence

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 16: Grant Delpit, FS/SS, LSU (A+)
Round 1 Pick 22 (OAK): Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama (A+)
Round 1 Pick 23 (BALT): Trey Adams, OT, Washington (B+)
Round 2 Pick 1 (CINN): Bryce Hall, CB, Virginia (A)
Round 2 Pick 11 (TENN): Kristian Fulton, CB, LSU (A)
Round 3 Pick 15 (DAL): Colby Parkinson, TE, Stanford (A+)
Round 4 Pick 6: Shane Lemieux, OG, Oregon (A+)
Round 4 Pick 13 (DEN): Nick Harris, OG/C, Washington (A+)
Round 4 Pick 17 (DET): Brandon Jones, FS/SS, Texas (A+)
Round 6 Pick 17 (DET): Isaiahh Loudermilk, DT, Wisconsin (A+)
Round 7 Pick 6: Rodney Smith, RB, Minnesota (A+)
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(10-16-2019, 10:06 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-16-2019, 09:57 PM)JackCity Wrote: According to me, but also I'd wager he's not considered a first round LB on reputable analysts big boards.

Quick google search has the kid ranging anywhere from pick 20 - 64. It's still early. He could shoot up most draft boards after any bowl games and the combine. Happens all the time. I typically follow Drafttek and NFLCountDown. Walterfootball is hit or miss for me.

(10-16-2019, 11:44 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

Justin Herbert is extremely overrated. I'd be willing to bet Burrow has passed him as the #2 QB in the draft.

Meh, Burrow has a avg arm and athleticism and he's a product of the system with great talent around him.

(10-17-2019, 12:38 AM)Black and Teal Wrote:

I’d rather trade back and pick up someone’s first next year. Have three in 2021 and get Trevor Lawrence

Would have to tank to get the #1 overall pick for Trevor Lawrence.