Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Breaking Up With the Team

The team sucks, the players suck, and most of the mods on this board suck..
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-10-2019, 04:15 PM)Ronster Wrote: The team sucks, the players suck, and most of the mods on this board suck..

But we have the Super Bowl MVP quarterback.

He will save us.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(12-10-2019, 04:15 PM)Ronster Wrote: The team sucks, the players suck, and most of the mods on this board suck..

I can't think of one good mod.

HAHAHAHA BOYCOOOOOOTTTTTT

HOW'S FOLES DOIN?!

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2019, 04:45 PM by Kane.)

Complaining about mods on a free message board.
SMH
Hilarious

(12-10-2019, 01:45 PM)Rico Wrote:
(12-10-2019, 12:39 PM)Kane Wrote: I get the sharing your thoughts and voicing your frustrations.
But when it turns into whiney drivel I get peeved is all.

Like when people would post on Facebook "I'm leaving Facebook"
and a week later they were still there...
Like when a certain poster said he was boycotting....
It's basically trolling imo. We're all mad about a terrible season that was supposed to be good. And I don't think anyone is happy that we get 1 good season a decade.
But a long "I can't take the abuse" type post is a bit much. And detracts from real discussion about the team, the roster, the direction of our future and sinks the conversation in "woe is me" stuff.
We gotta get over our obsession with needing emotional fulfillment from millionaires and billionaires playing a child's game. Watch for the entertainment. Don't let it seep into your mind so much that you become a lunatic.

I mean... I was sad when Tony Stark died... but I didn't bury my head in a pillow and cry for a week....

And had you been spending $1000+ per season for 25 years?

Pretty sure I covered that I haven't been a STH nor would I think anything less of STHs that chose not to renew with the trash this regime has put forth.
But I'ma call a ninny out when I see one.
If you're gonna quit... just do it, we don't need a novel about it.

[Image: eDpXUA7.jpg]

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

and THIS is how you divorce yourself from a team/fansite.

I'm happy you're here.  We've been waiting.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

I'm sure the Confederate army soldiers back in 1865 had the same conversation we are having here.

"What's the use? I'm going home."
"You're a quitter! I'll never quit!"
"The war's lost. Why should we keep going?"
"Well go ahead then! Who needs ya?"

(12-10-2019, 03:23 PM)Rico Wrote:
(12-10-2019, 03:16 PM)NH3 Wrote: For those that are [BLEEP] about walking away from the Jaguars, let me give you some advice. Get to Stepping. Don't wait any longer, it you truly feels this way then go and find yourself another team, another message board, etc. Stop posting on this site if you feel the need to not support our team.

NH3...

Yeah, nothing but sunshine and roses on this site dammit.

LMBO...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Oh man I thought this said breaking news....
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(12-10-2019, 05:39 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: I'm sure the Confederate army soldiers back in 1865 had the same conversation we are having here.

"What's the use? I'm going home."
"You're a quitter! I'll never quit!"
"The war's lost. Why should we keep going?"
"Well go ahead then! Who needs ya?"

I would crack up if such a record of conversation were found in someone's diary from back then....

(12-10-2019, 05:39 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: I'm sure the Confederate army soldiers back in 1865 had the same conversation we are having here.  

"What's the use?  I'm going home."  
"You're a quitter!  I'll never quit!"
"The war's lost.  Why should we keep going?"
"Well go ahead then!  Who needs ya?"

.... Vietnam 

[font=Verdana, Arial]This is the end
Beautiful friend
This is the end
My only friend

The end
Of our elaborate plans
The end
Of everything that stands
The end
No safety or surprise
The end
I'll never look into your eyes
Again

Can you picture what will be
So limitless and free
Desperately in need of some stranger's hand
In a desperate land

Lost in a Roman wilderness of pain
And all the children are insane
All the children are insane
Waiting for the summer rain, yeah

There's danger on the edge of town
Ride the king's highway, baby
Weird scenes inside the gold mine
Ride the highway west, baby

Ride the snake, ride the snake
To the lake
The ancient lake
Baby

The snake is long, seven miles
Ride the snake
He's old
And his skin is cold

The west is the best
The west is the best
Get here, and we'll do the rest

The blue bus is callin' us
The blue bus is callin' us
Driver, where you taking us

The killer awoke before dawn, he put his boots on
He took a face from the ancient gallery
And he walked on down the hall
He went into the room where his sister lived, and...then he
Paid a visit to his brother, and then he
He walked on down the hall, and
And he came to a door...and he looked inside
"Father?" "Yes, son." "I want to kill you."
"Mother, I want to..."

C'mon babe

C'mon baby, take a chance with us
And meet me at the back of the blue bus
Doin' a blue rock
On a blue bus
Doin' a blue rock
C'mon, yeah

[BLEEP], [BLEEP]-ah, yeah
[BLEEP]
[BLEEP]
[BLEEP], [BLEEP]
[BLEEP], [BLEEP], [BLEEP], yeah
C'mon, yeah, c'mon, yeah
[BLEEP] me, baby, [BLEEP] yeah
[BLEEP], [BLEEP], [BLEEP], yeah!
[BLEEP], yeah! C'mon, baby
[BLEEP] me, baby, [BLEEP], [BLEEP], yeah
Whoa, whoa, yeah, [BLEEP], baby
C'mon, yeah, huh, huh, huh, huh, yeah
All right

Kill, kill, kill, kill, kill, kill

This is the end
Beautiful friend
This is the end
My only friend, the end

It hurts to set you free
But you'll never follow me
The end of laughter and soft lies
The end of nights we tried to die

This is the end

[/font]

[Image: v1.bTsxMTE3NDE5ODtqOzE4MzU0OzEyMDA7ODAwOzEyMDA]

I get the feeling in general, but the Thursday Night win (which I missed) over the Titans alone would've justified me having season tickets and remaining a fan. I'd say the Jets home game was as magical experience as I've had at the stadium in the 24 years I've been coming. Even in an overall crash and burn year, there should be enough reasons to stay onboard. There are for me. So I signed up for Season Tix for next year.

Although I joked about getting a divorce from the team, it is more like a reality check. Winning in the NFL is like anything else in life-hard until it is easy. Teams that succeed are smooth, focused and intense. Success is dependent upon many factors, many beyond the control of the players, coaches and management. I plan on watching a much improved team next year. A team with a cohesive offensive line. If we could just fix that one area, my Christmas wish will be granted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, well, well, look who it is...

You finally come back to grace us all with your exceptional football knowledge and continue to tell us all how great and incredible Foles is?

(12-10-2019, 06:24 PM)IndyJagsFan Wrote: I get the feeling in general, but the Thursday Night win (which I missed) over the Titans alone would've justified me having season tickets and remaining a fan. I'd say the Jets home game was as magical experience as I've had at the stadium in the 24 years I've been coming. Even in an overall crash and burn year, there should be enough reasons to stay onboard. There are for me. So I signed up for Season Tix for next year.

That Jets game was fun. Gave you the idea that this team could at least be a .500 team. How did it all go so wrong after that?

I moved back to Tennessee nearly 15 years ago, 100 miles from Nashville. Subscribed to DirecTV just so I could watch the Jaguars, still subscribe. Suffered through the good and the bad, the worse being the regular thumpings doled out by the titans, several of which I saw live. Watched the titans become the type of team I love - strong defense, good running game, tough attitude.

And yet, nothing will stop me from being a Jaguars fan. It's in my blood. They will win some day, and it will be infinitely sweeter for me having endured the worse.

If I'm alive.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(12-10-2019, 10:06 PM)rollerjag Wrote: I moved back to Tennessee nearly 15 years ago, 100 miles from Nashville. Subscribed to DirecTV just so I could watch the Jaguars, still subscribe. Suffered through the good and the bad, the worse being the regular thumpings doled out by the titans, several of which I saw live. Watched the titans become the type of team I love - strong defense, good running game, tough attitude.

And yet, nothing will stop me from being a Jaguars fan. It's in my blood. They will win some day, and it will be infinitely sweeter for me having endured the worse.

If I'm alive.
[Image: 1ea90a4581fde746049ddfd9a1d4c496.gif]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I feel ya, brah. we have some sorry [BLEEP] members here, too. I will arrange for a refund of your subscription fee, if you want.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]