Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Yan still doing nothing

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-30-2019, 01:41 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(12-30-2019, 01:22 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: That's a bold strategy.

It's not even bold. Just practically how it works. 

A team isn't giving up big draft capital for a player who won't want go there and potentially re sign.  See: Clowney rejecting Miami

I was poking fun at the wording: "get traded to a team that will trade him"

Sounds like getting traded to a team that's going to flip him again.

If he dont want to be here the tag is coming

(12-30-2019, 01:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/YannickNgakoue/statu...24801?s=19
Elite pass rusher. In his prime. Possibly on his way out.

Wonderful.

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2019, 01:46 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Yan sounds like a kid that didnt get the gift from Santa he asked for.

Rams, line one...

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2019, 01:48 PM by JackCity.)

(12-30-2019, 01:43 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(12-30-2019, 01:41 PM)JackCity Wrote: It's not even bold. Just practically how it works. 

A team isn't giving up big draft capital for a player who won't want go there and potentially re sign.  See: Clowney rejecting Miami

I was poking fun at the wording: "get traded to a team that will trade him"

Good eye

(12-30-2019, 01:44 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If he dont want to be here the tag is coming

And what are you gonna do if he doesn't sign it

(12-30-2019, 01:46 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Yan sounds like a kid that didnt get the gift from Santa he asked for.

Rams, line one...

They're out of 1st round picks.  Its gonna have to be a other team this time

(12-30-2019, 01:46 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Yan sounds like a kid that didnt get the gift from Santa he asked for.

Rams, line one...
Oh... is that what he sounds like?

[quote pid='1275743' dateline='1577728066']

(12-30-2019, 01:44 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If he dont want to be here the tag is coming

[/quote]

He’s not gonna pass up on $20m+ to prove a point. He hasn’t earned that much in his career yet. Guys play on the tag all the time, it’s not that crazy. 

For the record I personally hope they blow him away with a long term offer and he stays a long time

(12-30-2019, 01:47 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(12-30-2019, 01:43 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I was poking fun at the wording: "get traded to a team that will trade him"

Good eye

Then you trade him if you get a good offer or he sits a year without pay like Bell did.  Would be almost 40 mil Yan would have lost.

Thank you Duval is him inferring he wants to leave?

Hell, it could be him thanking us for the pay Ngakoue cheer.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(12-30-2019, 01:50 PM)JNev Wrote: [quote pid='1275743' dateline='1577728066']

He’s not gonna pass up on $20m+ to prove a point. He hasn’t earned that much in his career yet. Guys play on the tag all the time, it’s not that crazy. 

For the record I personally hope they blow him away with a long term offer and he stays a long time
[/quote]

Yes, he would have the worst agent maybe in sports if that happens to lose out on 40 mil with what he has already made.  And if a player sits a year they are usually not the player they were when they return

I'd be stunned if we let him leave. Too good and too much of a pro.

(12-30-2019, 01:51 PM)Rico Wrote: Thank you Duval is him inferring he wants to leave?

Hell, it could be him thanking us for the pay Ngakoue cheer.

Thank you.

Or just like any other number pf players thanking their city after the last game of a season. Hell, Chark posted a similar video last night, is he leaving too?

People read too much into things .

(12-30-2019, 01:53 PM)rfc17 Wrote: I'd be stunned if we let him leave.  Too good and too much of a pro.

C. Campbell is a pro. I understand there is a maturity gap, but Yan is not acting like a pro.

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2019, 02:08 PM by RicoTx.)

FWIW, from Calais:

"Count defensive end Calais Campbell among those who believe the Jaguars must figure a way to keep defensive end Yannick Ngakoue. The contract status of Ngakoue, who is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent in March at the start of the 2020 NFL League Year, is expected to be a major topic for the franchise this offseason. Ngakoue and the Jaguars failed to reach a contract extension last offseason, with Ngakoue holding out early in training camp before registering eight sacks in 14 games played this season. “You can’t let that guy leave,” Campbell said. “Guys like that don't grow on trees. He plays with so much passion and he’s just scratching the surface. He plays with so much tenacity and he can change the game. … I know it’s going to cost a lot to keep him, but I would not let him go.” Marrone on Sunday reiterated what he has said throughout the season – that Ngakoue played this season with professionalism and passion despite the contract issue. “I have been here for four years and I’ve learned a lot,” Ngakoue said. “Business is business and I’m not sure what the future holds.”"

(12-30-2019, 01:55 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(12-30-2019, 01:53 PM)rfc17 Wrote: I'd be stunned if we let him leave.  Too good and too much of a pro.

C. Campbell is a pro. I understand there is a maturity gap, but Yan is not acting like a pro.

How the [BLEEP] is he not acting like a pro?  What are the horrible remarks he's made.  He isn't even close to the [BLEEP] Ramsey was whining about, and you want to lump them into one.  What a joke.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

[/quote]

He already played without a contract to prove his point. He's getting a big money contact no matter what happens , declining the tag just means the jags will have to trade him

[/quote]
It's funny what a few people on here think a out the tag.  The tag is there for a reason and all the pass rushers that the same people are comparing him too all got tagged lol

(12-30-2019, 01:59 PM)JackCity Wrote:

He already played without a contract to prove his point. He's getting a big money contact no matter what happens , declining the tag just means the jags will have to trade him
[/quote]
The Jags wont just give him away.  The only way they will trade him is if the offer is right.  Same with Ramsey, we traded him because the offer was too good to pass up

(12-30-2019, 01:55 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

Hahahaha clueless as usual. 

Please provide examples of how he didn’t act like a professional with regards to his contract. The dude has been nothing but class.

And of course Calais is cool. He’s getting paid extremely well.