Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ben McAdoo interviews for OC job

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1218...70337?s=19

McAdoo is a very funny meme with weird he comes across but he's also not a bad OC candidate at all. Loves passing the ball  , in his 4 years with NY the offense was top 10 in pass attempts every year. 

He's about as good as we can realistically do

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This would be really very totally ok.

They could do plenty worse.

(cue the "embrace mediocrity" minions in 3,2, ...)

McAdoo okay? Really? The guy would be a downgrade from Defilippo. Why are we hiring Coughlins old guys when he isn’t here anymore. Players not plays, but still McAdoo isn’t someone I would touch after the fiasco he caused in NY.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2020, 11:34 AM by JackCity.)

(01-17-2020, 11:30 AM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(01-17-2020, 11:27 AM)JagJohn Wrote: This would be really very totally ok.
McAdoo okay? Really? The guy would be a downgrade from Defilippo. Why are we hiring Coughlins old guys when he isn’t here anymore. Players not plays, but still McAdoo isn’t someone I would touch after the fiasco he caused in NY.

The harsh truth is nothing in Flips career says he's a better OC than McAdoo. 

He went to the playoffs in his first year as Giants HC but is definitely a weird guy and not much of a leader, but besides, HC and OC are totally different roles.

His style of passing offense would mesh well with Minshew

I said "ok", not amazing, incredible, superb, awesome, unbelievable.

As it stands, it's hard for me to work up much emotion either way for this team right now.

Just so long as Eli doesn't come with him.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Not a bad hire at this point. I was holding out hope for Caldwell or Gruden. McAdoo has recent experience. He's proven he can handle one side of the football just fine. Need someone that can come in and keep Minshew's development trajecting upwards.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

McAdoo and Linehan, both former head coaches who would be working under an offensive-minded head coach. Hmmm...

As an OC he wasn't bad actually.

As a HC he was terribad

Don't think we'd be bringing him on as HC

Ahh, so we hire our next interim head coach. Hopefully, it'll just be interim and we don't hire him permanent.

Wouldn’t hate it. But, not sure what it really matters. There’s a lot of holes in the roster, maybe even more if they let some guys go. Wash hasn’t thrilled us much since ‘17 and Marrone is still coaching. Hey, if it works out great! I’d be thrilled. Sure Tom Coughlin was a big deal. But I don’t think he was the only deal. The way I see it, it’s just a filler for a year until everyone is replaced. But, who knows, lots can happen between now and then. Hopefully I’m wrong.

McAdoofus?

Sorry that’s all I got. Don’t really care as expectations are low for next year with a likely complete house cleaning if those expectations are in fact realized. Considering how bad it went for him as HC, this is probably the only type of scenario he’s going to get a shot at. 1 yr and you better coach and scheme your [BLEEP] off.

(01-17-2020, 11:37 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Not a bad hire at this point. I was holding out hope for Caldwell or Gruden. McAdoo has recent experience. He's proven he can handle one side of the football just fine. Need someone that can come in and keep Minshew's development trajecting upwards.

Yeah.  I'm kind of hoping for Caldwell.  Built-in next HC.  Plus QBs are his thing.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2020, 04:14 PM by nhiverson.)

I saw word is some people have seen Jay Gruden in the building. I guess i wouldn't mind either.
No Fun

(01-17-2020, 04:13 PM)nhiverson Wrote: I saw word is some people have seen Jay Gruden in the building. I guess i wouldn't mind either.

Jim Caldwell, Jay Gruden & Ben McAdoo in that order for me personally. Wouldn't hurt my feelings with either one of those hires. Anything short of that is a concern for 2020 on the offensive side of the football. At least scheme wise and potentially development wise for Minshew.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-17-2020, 04:13 PM)nhiverson Wrote: I saw word is some people have seen Jay Gruden in the building. I guess i wouldn't mind either.
I really like Jay Gruden as an OC and he seems to get the most out of QBs. 

He was in one of the most toxic situations in the league and yet somehow had 7 or more wins in 4 straight seasons before this years collapse.

(01-17-2020, 02:03 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(01-17-2020, 11:37 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Not a bad hire at this point. I was holding out hope for Caldwell or Gruden. McAdoo has recent experience. He's proven he can handle one side of the football just fine. Need someone that can come in and keep Minshew's development trajecting upwards.

Yeah.  I'm kind of hoping for Caldwell.  Built-in next HC.  Plus QBs are his thing.

I don't get the fascination with Caldwell from this angle. He wasn't exactly successful as a head coach, and the QB he worked such wonders on was Peyton freaking Manning in his prime...

(01-17-2020, 04:35 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
I really like Jay Gruden as an OC and he seems to get the most out of QBs. 

He was in one of the most toxic situations in the league and yet somehow had 7 or more wins in 4 straight seasons before this years collapse.

Worked with Dalton, RGIII, Cousins, McCoy, Keenum, Smith & Haskins. Did relatively well considering the boat load of injuries he had to endure with that team. 

The problem in Washington is Daniel Snyder. Always has been since he bought the team. Always will be until he sells or dies.

(01-17-2020, 04:42 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(01-17-2020, 02:03 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: Yeah.  I'm kind of hoping for Caldwell.  Built-in next HC.  Plus QBs are his thing.

I don't get the fascination with Caldwell from this angle. He wasn't exactly successful as a head coach, and the QB he worked such wonders on was Peyton freaking Manning in his prime...
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2001)
    Quarterbacks coach - Brad Johnson was his QB 

• Indianapolis Colts (2002–2008)
    Assistant head coach & quarterbacks coach - Peyton Manning was his QB - His accuracy, completion percentage and SB win didn't come until Caldwell was there

• Indianapolis Colts (2009–2011)
    Head coach

• Baltimore Ravens (2012–2013)
    Offensive coordinator & quarterbacks coach - Wins SB with Joe Flacco as his QB - He was the OC then as well 

• Detroit Lions (2014–2017)
    Head coach - Only coach to milk winning seasons out of Stafford's abilities with a play-off appearance and three out of four years finishing above .500

• Miami Dolphins (2019–present)
    Assistant head coach & quarterbacks coach - Hot mess at QB 

He has a respectable track record.