Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(01-16-2020, 08:24 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-15-2020, 09:14 PM)Jags Wrote: Been having a rough few months.  Having a hard time dealing with some family health issues.  My mentor, teacher, friend and father hasn’t been doing so well.  It hurts.  He is the Jack of all trades.  Even at almost 40, he’s the guy I go to with any problem. He has the wisdom and experience to help me with whatever I had issues with.  Be it large or small.  And at close to 40, I still feel like a “kid” around him.  But, I’m not sure how much longer it’ll last.

You're starting to hit that age where fewer deaths are unexpected. It's a hard time as your elders begin to fade, then sunset. It's really the opposite of the happiness of The Marrying Years when all your friends get serious in their relationships and you need to rent a tux more often than you ever will again. Get all the time you can, talk and learn all you want to know. Use your phone to record. You'll be thankful for the memories one day.

I think what makes this more difficult, or for me at least, is that my family is pretty small.  I only knew 1 grandparent. The rest were either dead or one lived so far away I didn’t know them.  I’ve been lucky I guess to go so far in life without feeling that pain of a close loved one knocking on that door.  So it almost gives that sense that “it can’t happen”. But you’re absolutely right.  I am at that point in my life.  I’ll be dealing with it.  And it’s been a rude awakening.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Florida State Senior Tournament this weekend in Orlando. I hope I fare better than I did last night. Probably the worst I've bowled in 10 years.

Then...when I get back...Mrs. Rico will be out of town visiting family for 10 days. I'll probably do all kinds of exciting stuff like watching TV with the dogs.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2020, 11:32 AM by Jags.)

Something made me laugh this morning. Still kinda grinning about it at times (I needed that).  I just want to share, although I’m not sure if some will get it or if the filter will beep me. Plus it’s pretty stupid.

I was watching videos on how to sharpen a card scraper.  First one was short, went on to the next.  This guy used a different method. During the video he says “I put a bastard file in the saw kerf of a scrap of wood”.   However bastard was bleeped out.  I thought it was humorous that it was beeped out in itself considering that’s what the tool is called, but then he adds “I don’t know if it really is a bastard, I don’t know it’s parents.”  And of course the second “bastard” was beeped out as well.  Between the two beeps and the stupid joke, it got me.

You would’ve thought I was a 7 yr old that just heard a fart or something

It’s a tool? Huh. I thought it was a list baby mommas kept of child support payments.

(01-17-2020, 11:50 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: It’s a tool? Huh. I thought it was a list baby mommas kept of child support payments.

Thank you sir!  A great big loud fart for this kids ears.  That’s even better than the video.  I’ll blame you when I’m at Publix later and just bust out laughing when asked how I’m doing and if I found everything ok.

I remember this one time this guy did this thing. It was soooo funny. Remember that?

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2020, 12:54 PM by Jags.)

Yes, it’s stupid.  I really don’t care why it made me laugh like it did.  I haven’t had much to laugh about lately.  I’ll take what I can get.  Sorry you don’t approve.

Who isn't approving of anything? Lighten up. It was a random post and directed at nothing and nobody.

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2020, 01:30 PM by Jags.)

As was mine.

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2020, 01:32 PM by homebiscuit.)

(01-17-2020, 12:00 PM)Jags Wrote:
(01-17-2020, 11:50 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: It’s a tool? Huh. I thought it was a list baby mommas kept of child support payments.

Thank you sir!  A great big loud fart for this kids ears.  That’s even better than the video.  I’ll blame you when I’m at Publix later and just bust out laughing when asked how I’m doing and if I found everything ok.

Don't mention my name when they come to take you away. I don't want to get involved.

(01-17-2020, 12:28 PM)Rico Wrote: I remember this one time this guy did this thing.  It was soooo funny.  Remember that?

The Saran wrap stretched over the toilet? 

I was hoping no one saw that. I sure didn't.

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2020, 08:35 PM by Jags.)

(01-17-2020, 01:30 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-17-2020, 12:00 PM)Jags Wrote: Thank you sir!  A great big loud fart for this kids ears.  That’s even better than the video.  I’ll blame you when I’m at Publix later and just bust out laughing when asked how I’m doing and if I found everything ok.

Don't mention my name when they come to take you away. I don't want to get involved.

the funny thing is, after using that as an example I did have a smirk or smile on my face when asked about the damn plastic bag. Seriously, what person says paper?  The woman who has a child in 5th grade needing a book cover for her child’s 5th grade McGraw Hill science textbook?   (Who knows? Can’t exactly see myself without a mirror).  My mouth was saying “yay” while my eyes were saying “go to hell”.  I even had to deploy the “look down and to the left method”.  Probably came off as the Bundy or Manson type.  I probably came off as
[img=374x288]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/0ca7629a-ea01-4de2-a9cc-09be14235c53[/img]

[Image: 54d391d54037f_-_esq-shining-xlg.jpg?resize=480:*]

Which I’m oddly ok with.  Not quite me.  But, not really sure if it’s that off.  I’m pretty sure I’ll be better before that happens.  Who knows.  Jury is still out.

Saw a really cool movie on amazon prime last night called the night hunter, really cool thriller didn’t see the end coming at all. I always enjoy finding those hidden gem movies with the wife that catch you off guard.

The guy whole played Superman is in it cavil something ?
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(01-19-2020, 01:03 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Saw a really cool movie on amazon prime last night called the night hunter, really cool thriller didn’t see the end coming at all. I always enjoy finding those hidden gem movies with the wife that catch you off guard.

Henry Cavill.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-19-2020, 01:03 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Saw a really cool movie on amazon prime last night called the night hunter, really cool thriller didn’t see the end coming at all. I always enjoy finding those hidden gem movies with the wife that catch you off guard.

I'll have to look for that. I'll watch Henry Cavill in almost anything.

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2020, 05:31 PM by Jags.)

Bit nipply out.

(01-21-2020, 05:30 PM)Jags Wrote: Bit nipply out.

Try being where I'm at, it's only 31F at 4:47pm
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(01-21-2020, 05:46 PM)The Drifter Wrote:

Try being where I'm at, it's only 31F at 4:47pm

I have in the past.  Lived in PA and Chicago.  It was ok when I was used to it.  But 20 years of Florida, 12 of which working outside, I JUST...CANT...TAKE...IT!  

Having said that, I do prefer that than being miserably hot and sweating when trying to have a nice outdoor dinner.

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2020, 07:26 PM by The Drifter.)

(01-21-2020, 07:11 PM)Jags Wrote:
(01-21-2020, 05:46 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Try being where I'm at, it's only 31F at 4:47pm

I have in the past.  Lived in PA and Chicago.  It was ok when I was used to it.  But 20 years of Florida, 12 of which working outside, I JUST...CANT...TAKE...IT!  

Having said that, I do prefer that than being miserably hot and sweating when trying to have a nice outdoor dinner.

I know what you mean. I left Jax to go back home for a visit on July 6th 1989. It was 105F out when I left at about 12:30. I hit the NC/VA border at about 9pm and it was like 60F. The windows on my Dodge went up and my leather jacket went on. This was just after being in Jax for 3 years...…...
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We had a high of 39° and a "real feel" of 31° here in central NC. The steady wind blowing made it feel frigid.

(01-21-2020, 07:26 PM)The Drifter Wrote:
(01-21-2020, 07:11 PM)Jags Wrote: I have in the past.  Lived in PA and Chicago.  It was ok when I was used to it.  But 20 years of Florida, 12 of which working outside, I JUST...CANT...TAKE...IT!  

I know what you mean. I left Jax to go back home for a visit on July 6th 1989. It was 105F out when I left at about 12:30. I hit the NC/VA border at about 9pm and it was like 60F. The windows on my Dodge went up and my leather jacket went on. This was just after being in Jax for 3 years...…...
I always found it amusing traveling from Fl to another state.  Leaving feeling one way and arrive at destination feeling way different.  Especially if by plane.  Coming into Florida from somewhere up north is weird.  Hop on a plane from a cooler and arid place.  Get off plane into air conditioned airport, walk outside and BAM! The humidity just seems to engulf you