Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags 2nd round pick

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2020, 10:19 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

I just realized Antoine Winfield Jr. is entering the draft.  Didnt think he was able to being a sophomore, he must of been red shirted.  Probably my top guy for our 2nd round pick right now with Trey Smith returning to school and my favorite safety in the draft along with Delpit

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I've seen Patrick Queen touted as a top 40 pick today. If that's true he would have to be a strong candidate.

Best defensive back available should be our second round pick. OL/DL/LB with the first rounders.

I'd be willing to use that third rounder to move up for Simmons. He's by far my favorite player of the draft.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Second round is completely dependent upon what happens at #9 and #20 for me. Gotta' see what we come away with at the top to accurately determine the value of what's left on the board.

CB and Safety look like they may be well represented at that second round pick as of now. A couple of interesting linebackers too.
Too early to really know much about what talent will really be there, but there should be an impact player available at a position of need.

(01-15-2020, 10:53 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I just realized Antoine Winfield Jr. is entering the draft.  Didnt think he was able to being a sophomore, he must of been red shirted.  Probably my top guy for our 2nd round pick right now with Trey Smith returning to school and my favorite safety in the draft along with Delpit

Actually redshirted two seasons, 2017/18 were both marred by injuries. 2019 was his 4th season.

And yeah, kid is a baller. Would love him opposite of Harrison. 

If we get Brown, Biadasz, and then Winfield in the first three picks, I'd be pretty stoked.

We'd still have good value in the 3rd and 4th to address things like MLB, CB, or WR

(01-16-2020, 10:57 AM)Kane Wrote:
(01-15-2020, 10:53 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I just realized Antoine Winfield Jr. is entering the draft.  Didnt think he was able to being a sophomore, he must of been red shirted.  Probably my top guy for our 2nd round pick right now with Trey Smith returning to school and my favorite safety in the draft along with Delpit

Actually redshirted two seasons, 2017/18 were both marred by injuries. 2019 was his 4th season.

And yeah, kid is a baller. Would love him opposite of Harrison. 

If we get Brown, Biadasz, and then Winfield in the first three picks, I'd be pretty stoked.

We'd still have good value in the 3rd and 4th to address things like MLB, CB, or WR
It's in his blood as well.  I would love that draft.  If we had that draft I would probably try to trade up for Evan Weaver if he was still there, I doubt he last that long though.  With Weaver and Brown, our run D would be fixed

I think the Jags really need to take the first two picks and draft the best playmakers/talent regardless of offense or defense. This team needs infusion of guys who can make plays, change games, command attention. After that, in rd 2-4 I think they should be more "need specific".

(01-16-2020, 04:39 PM)JAllen#41 Wrote: I think the Jags really need to take the first two picks and draft the best playmakers/talent regardless of offense or defense.  This team needs infusion of guys who can make plays, change games, command attention.  After that, in rd 2-4 I think they should be more "need specific".

When you need DT, ILB, CB, LT, TE, FS etc.  -   it shouldn't be terribly difficult to find playmakers AND be need specific simultaneously.

He's starting to edge out the rest of the field for who I want at 40 if he's there.

https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks/status...0982167552

(01-20-2020, 11:52 PM)Upper Wrote: He's starting to edge out the rest of the field for who I want at 40 if he's there.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/patri...VYcVIKs4ry

Couldn't be mad at that pick. Sounds like a stud.

Wonder if he'll be there at 40?
Any other 43 teams in need of a mike picking in the late first early second?

I don't think Queen would make a good mike. Don't really rate his diagnosis skills as much as others seem to, he'd be fine at will but some Duke Riley vibes to his game

(01-21-2020, 11:17 AM)JackCity Wrote: I don't think Queen would make a good mike. Don't really rate his diagnosis skills as much as others seem to, he'd be fine at will but some Duke Riley vibes to his game

Daniel Jeremiah is usually pretty spot on with his analysis and scouting....
Guys at Draft Network love him for a mike.

(01-21-2020, 12:17 PM)Kane Wrote:
(01-21-2020, 11:17 AM)JackCity Wrote: I don't think Queen would make a good mike. Don't really rate his diagnosis skills as much as others seem to, he'd be fine at will but some Duke Riley vibes to his game

Jeremiah is great. I just don't agree personally from my study of him

Jeremiah doesn't have Queen available in the mock he just released anyway. Has him going 19.

(01-21-2020, 10:57 AM)Kane Wrote:
(01-20-2020, 11:52 PM)Upper Wrote: He's starting to edge out the rest of the field for who I want at 40 if he's there.

Couldn't be mad at that pick. Sounds like a stud.

Wonder if he'll be there at 40?
Any other 43 teams in need of a mike picking in the late first early second?

I'd watch Baltimore here late rd 1.  Him and Murray could be big on their board.

(01-21-2020, 03:47 PM)Upper Wrote: Jeremiah doesn't have Queen available in the mock he just released anyway. Has him going 19.

His stock shot up in the championship game about as much as Fultons went down.  Queen was the defensive MVP as Fulton got picked on

(01-21-2020, 12:17 PM)Kane Wrote:

6-1, 227

"Lack of length is a major concern. Struggles to disengage from blocks at the point of attack."

That doesn't sound like a Mike LB to me.  That sounds like a bunch of guys we've already got.  

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2020, 08:37 AM by JackCity.)

Some clips to illustrate my issues with him:

https://streamable.com/0d7hh

https://streamable.com/5xbw4

https://gyazo.com/1fe2446206b53456eac3039049bba2bb

His hype is mostly due to LSUs prominence, weak LB class and a strong end to rhe year + his athletic ability. That shouldn't overshadow how flawed a player he is many aspects.

Now Patrick Queen in round 4 or round 5? Sure , I can get on board with a developmental player there but I believe
there willl be significantly more talented players at positions of need available with that 2nd round pick.

And yes there's people I know and respect who think he's round 1 calibre I just don't see it at all

(01-22-2020, 08:21 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(01-21-2020, 12:17 PM)Kane Wrote: Daniel Jeremiah is usually pretty spot on with his analysis and scouting....

6-1, 227

"Lack of length is a major concern. Struggles to disengage from blocks at the point of attack."

That doesn't sound like a Mike LB to me.  That sounds like a bunch of guys we've already got.  

That was prior to the season. Updated in Sept.
The other write up from Crabbs gives lots of detail and is up to date...

Summary - Patrick Queen projects well as a starting linebacker in the NFL — he's got the sideline to sideline range to step into a MIKE role and has the impact in pass coverage to serve as a three down linebacker — a critical blend that should significantly help boost his value. Queen isn't a thud linebacker and excels most when he's afforded free range to scrape and flow, but his football IQ does allow him to beat blockers to the spot. He's an impact starter and a viable plug and play rookie.