Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jay Gruden Hired - Merged Threads

All this positivity is scaring me.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Whoa you mean we can have some nice things?

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2020, 12:17 AM by JagsorDie.)

(01-21-2020, 11:45 PM)surfon Wrote: Whoa you mean we can have some nice things?

I feel like we shouldn’t get to excited or we will jinx it and break it like we do with everything else

how many games before becoming interim???

Yeah.. I’m really not liking this move.

(01-21-2020, 11:12 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-21-2020, 10:54 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Jags winning the offseason again?  I’ve seen this movie before.

And bye weeks. We always do pretty good on bye weeks.

Except that one time Blackmon was suspended for a year. We lost that one.

(01-21-2020, 11:54 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: how many games before becoming interim???

With any luck the 4th preseason game

Jan-May is the Jags superbowl!
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(01-21-2020, 11:45 PM)surfon Wrote: Whoa you mean we can have some nice things?

We still have Wash so....no we can't.

He will end up being our next coach! Him and Minshew are going to awesome together!

Great job Dave Caldwell or whoever hired him.

I'm going to cry when the offense comes out in 2 TEs and a FB and runs the whole preseason. Marrone wants to run, so how is this going to work?

(01-21-2020, 10:54 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Jags winning the offseason again?  I’ve seen this movie before.

Hahaha.  That is true.  But I do like the hire.

I like the hire i was surprised at his o rankings though

https://twitter.com/BenMurphyTV/status/1...6094626818
No Fun

(01-22-2020, 07:40 AM)nhiverson Wrote: I like the hire i was surprised at his o rankings though

https://twitter.com/BenMurphyTV/status/1...6094626818

Like many things all of these years require context. 

For instance 2011 was Dalton's rookie year....Gruden still had them only slightly below average in points per game and Dalton played very well. 

In 2014 Grudens QBs were a broken RG3 for 7 games , and a terrible Kirk Cousins for the rest. Not really anything anyone could do to prevent that from being a terrible offense.

The following years he developed Kirk into a very effective QB with a very effective offense. 

In 2018 they obviously didn't have Kirk Cousins.anf got Alex Smith. He didn't play well but they went 6-4 with Alex as starter before he was lost to injury..the other 6 games were Josh Johnson, Colt McCoy and Mark Sanchez. So basically impossible to run an offense with.

2019 pretty much everything was done and he was finished after 5 games. His options were case Keenum or rookie Haskins. I'd have argued he should have just played Haskins from the get go to buy another year but the offense was going to be bad regardless

Yeah definitely think he will help develop Minshew
No Fun

Well, if it's true ....it's a very good thing
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(01-22-2020, 12:01 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Yeah.. I’m really not liking this move.

OFC.

Frankly, I'm interested to see if he can bring some of what he did with AP into Fournette's game. Both are big, bruising backs, and let's face it, the team seems hell bent on making him the centerpiece.

I wonder if this brings any FA over from WAS or CIN that he has established rapport with.

All I know is we'd have never brought him in if Flippin' Coughlin were still at the helm.

He is big on Play-Action. Most of GM15 big pass plays came off Play-Action,(why we did not do it more is a mystery). I think if we bring in a FB with his offense LF will become even better and GM15 will take a step forward.

(01-21-2020, 10:55 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-21-2020, 10:21 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Nice
Well would you look at that.

We agree!

Hell hath truly frozen over. It's the apocalypse. Run for the hills! Aw crap.. we don't have hills.

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2020, 10:17 AM by Brett.)

I have a friend who is a Redskins fan. I was texting back and forth with him and this was his thoughts on Gruden:

"I think he's a good OC. He's developed a lot of really good OCs that are now head coaches. He doesn't demand discipline from his players which was a major problem here....players were on their phones during practice, running up and giving him nipple twisters during interviews, didn't demand respect, etc. But if you have a HC that demands discipline I think he can be a really good OC."