Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jacksonville losing 2 home games in 2020 to London

i'm on the fence of renewing at this point. This is my 5th season so i will be on the wall but i dont know if its worth it if we are heading out
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-04-2020, 12:43 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Anyone shocked by this news? Didn't watch, but I'm sure he gave everyone comfort by ensuring he will invest in downtown, enough to keep his lap dog Lenny attached to his ankle.

Until I see him start spending actual real money downtown, I’m not gonna believe a word of it!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 02-04-2020, 12:49 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(02-04-2020, 12:46 PM)TJBender Wrote: To the surprise of absolutely no one.

Just move the team, Khan. It's obvious that you want to, and you're taking the death by a million paper cuts approach to make it happen. Just stop pussying around about it and move the team. Put Jacksonville out of its misery.

He doesn't have the nads to. He wants to keep his foot in the Jacksonville pool while continuing to test the viability of a permanent franchise in London. That way, he always has an "out" and blaming revenue.

Essentially, we have to count on the fans in the UK not wanting a full-time NFL franchise for it to stay in Jacksonville long term.

(02-04-2020, 12:47 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(02-04-2020, 12:43 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Anyone shocked by this news? Didn't watch, but I'm sure he gave everyone comfort by ensuring he will invest in downtown, enough to keep his lap dog Lenny attached to his ankle.

Until I see him start spending actual real money downtown, I’m not gonna believe a word of it!

Downtown renovation is a fairy tale I have been hearing for my 38 years of life in Jacksonville. One could argue it has actually gone backwards with the sale of the Landing.

I mean why could it not be an away game other teams have to play home games there? Why two home games?

I feel sick
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

This is bad. This is really bad...

Goodbye Jacksonville Jaguars..... We will always love you....
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(02-04-2020, 12:40 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: We really are being Major Leagued, aren’t we?

I've used that reference before, and unfortunately, I believe that's probably true.  This team will be the London Jaguars in the next 5 years, and DUUUVAL can go back to being Cowford.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

This is awful.

I don’t even know if I could watch football anymore if we lose the Jags

(02-04-2020, 12:48 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(02-04-2020, 12:46 PM)TJBender Wrote: To the surprise of absolutely no one.

Just move the team, Khan. It's obvious that you want to, and you're taking the death by a million paper cuts approach to make it happen. Just stop pussying around about it and move the team. Put Jacksonville out of its misery.

He doesn't have the nads to. He wants to keep his foot in the Jacksonville pool while continuing to test the viability of a permanent franchise in London. That way, he always has an "out" and blaming revenue.

Essentially, we have to count on the fans in the UK not wanting a full-time NFL franchise for it to stay in Jacksonville long term.

(02-04-2020, 12:47 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Until I see him start spending actual real money downtown, I’m not gonna believe a word of it!

Downtown renovation is a fairy tale I have been hearing for my 38 years of life in Jacksonville. One could argue it has actually gone backwards with the sale of the Landing.

Sadly, that’s so true. Don’t even get me started on the whole Landing debacle! I will never not be ticked off about that!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(02-04-2020, 12:51 PM)FBT Wrote:
(02-04-2020, 12:40 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: We really are being Major Leagued, aren’t we?

I've used that reference before, and unfortunately, I believe that's probably true.  This team will be the London Jaguars in the next 5 years, and DUUUVAL can go back to being Cowford.

And that's pretty much what would happen. Jacksonville doesn't have the population or the infrastructure to demand a new team the way Cleveland and Houston did, and losing the Jaguars would mean the end of that income stream. Would it doom the city? No, but the city's already in deep [BLEEP] and losing its NFL team sure wouldn't help any.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ4hG1YkWEM
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Jaguars only have an agreement to play home games at Wembley until 2020.

They will need to extend that, and other teams are probably sniffing..

(02-04-2020, 12:57 PM)Andy G Wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Jaguars only have an agreement to play home games at Wembley until 2020.

They will need to extend that, and other teams are probably sniffing..

It's been written several times on several sites that Khan is understood to have first dibs on everything related to London.

(02-04-2020, 12:38 PM)FBT Wrote: Not a happy camper after owning season tickets for 25 years.

Same for me. Seriously considering not renewing this year. Pretty tough pill to swallow.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(02-04-2020, 12:44 PM)Rico Wrote:
(02-04-2020, 12:39 PM)FBT Wrote: Same here, and I've had my seats for decades.

Since the beginning for me.

If that stadium is half full this year I'll be shocked.

This may have just sealed my decision

(This post was last modified: 02-04-2020, 01:04 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

Khan is a moron that got lucky in business. The more I'm exposed to the "upper echelon" of people the more I realize they are dumb used car salesman that got lucky at opportune times.

American football is a novelty, a clown side show for people in London. It's not even a sport to them.

So, Khan is basically using construction disruption for projects that aren't even guaranteed to start as part of the reason for this move?

These london games make the team alot of of money. So having two would offset any dip in attendance due to smaller market.

I don't think the NFL can move a team to london the Logistics of it would be so bad. There is a reason he has almost tripled what he paid to buy the team.

LET'S CLARIFY THINGS FIRST

** Our preseason games will only cost 50% so we're essentially paying for 1 preseason game and getting 6 home games. That's better than paying full price for 2 preseason games and getting 7 home games.

** It was noted that our tickets would be reduced by 5% off of last years price.

** It was confirmed we would NOT lose the Steelers and Bears games which is great news

While I don't like losing home games, I'm ok with offsets.