Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
We need to organize a protest outside TIAA Bank Field.

(This post was last modified: 02-06-2020, 10:55 AM by Talented Kalamari.)

We have all read the news, posts, and had discussion the past few days about our team. Khan is screwing our season ticket holders and adding another home game in London to the schedule. No one is certain of his true intent.. but many of us die-hard fans are speculating that this is writing on the wall.. simply a confirmation of all of the relocation rumors that we have had to endure in the past.

Many of you seem apathetic, and that the move is inevitable. I prefer to take a different approach. All of us as fans know that winning is what sells tickets/boosts TV ratings, there’s a lot more to it than being in a large market and having a fancy stadium.

I for one, love this football team, and will do anything in my power as a fan to help turn the tide. I am proposing that during this offseason, we organize a protest/march outside of the stadium to show that we are opposed to ownership moving our team. We can either shrink in the moment and cry about it, or do what we can as fans. Now is the time, and we need to make a strong statement.

I understand that real life comes first. Family, jobs, bills, etc. I myself work full time and do not have much free time. But I can assure you that I will find time to attend an event like this.

I will deem this thread as the beginning of the planning for the protest. We can all share our ideas here, and decide what could and couldn’t work. If anyone here is in contact with / a part of  the Bold Coty Brigade, Generation Jaguar, or any other 3rd party fan organizations, now is the time for us to all come together. I take pride in being a fan of the Jacksonville Jaguars.. when the news broke that we were losing another game to London, I was sick to my stomach. We need to put our differences aside and fight for this team.. now is not the time to cower.

I am looking forward getting this together. Lets all do our part.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Ownership has stated that they have zero plans to relocate the Jaguars.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

LOL
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(02-06-2020, 10:53 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: We have all read the news, posts, and had discussion the past few days about our team. Khan is screwing our season ticket holders and adding another home game in London to the schedule. No one is certain of his true intent.. but many of us die-hard fans are speculating that this is writing on the wall.. simply a confirmation of all of the relocation rumors that we have had to endure in the past.

Many of you seem apathetic, and that the move is inevitable. I prefer to take a different approach. All of us as fans know that winning is what sells tickets/boosts TV ratings, there’s a lot more to it than being in a large market and having a fancy stadium.

I for one, love this football team, and will do anything in my power as a fan to help turn the tide. I am proposing that during this offseason, we organize a protest/march outside of the stadium to show that we are opposed to ownership moving our team. We can either shrink in the moment and cry about it, or do what we can as fans. Now is the time, and we need to make a strong statement.

I understand that real life comes first. Family, jobs, bills, etc. I myself work full time and do not have much free time. But I can assure you that I will find time to attend an event like this.

I will deem this thread as the beginning of the planning for the protest. We can all share our ideas here, and decide what could and couldn’t work. If anyone here is in contact with / a part of  the Bold Coty Brigade, Generation Jaguar, or any other 3rd party fan organizations, now is the time for us to all come together. I take pride in being a fan of the Jacksonville Jaguars.. when the news broke that we were losing another game to London, I was sick to my stomach. We need to put our differences aside and fight for this team.. now is not the time to cower.

I am looking forward getting this together. Lets all do our part.

I don't know about protests... I mean... honestly... they don't usually do much except maybe get you on the local news

Try this https://www.duvalcoalition.com/ via the BCB 

They will be organizing and figuring out stuff to do and how to act. Sign up and have your voice be heard... but marching on the stadium is silly. Especially if an owner is out on his yacht and won't see it anyway.

(02-06-2020, 10:54 AM)Jagwired Wrote: Ownership has stated that they have zero plans to relocate the Jaguars.

The moment words leave your lips they are already in the past. People in business say a lot of things and things change on a dime. One thing for certain, this upcoming season the Jags are becoming less a Jacksonville team and more a London team. There is no disputing that. 

Raise hell fellas.

The problem with organizing a protest is, if you don't get a good crowd down there, it will look weak, and the Jaguars will think the fans aren't really all that disgruntled.

(02-06-2020, 10:54 AM)Jagwired Wrote: Ownership has stated that they have zero plans to relocate the Jaguars.
LOL

Coaches everywhere: "I love my current team. I have no plans of leaving."

*proceeds to leave*

"I will not be the Alabama coach."

I anticipate him eventually going to 4 games in London, 4 in Jacksonville. I don't think he'll ever move, because Jacksonville has very low taxes and serves as a great base of operations in the US. However, I do think he'll move more games there over time, and it's just something we are going to have to resolve internally. If the revenue from London would supplement the ticket prices in Jacksonville, I think this would be a good move for the fans of Jacksonville. For example, if he can sell 100,000 tickets for 4 games at 100 bucks a pop in London, that could be good if it actually reduced the price of our tickets here (not just a reduced price on season tickets due to a shortage of games, but a genuine reduction in prices). Jacksonville's high end income is not very strong.

Worse case scenario: Jacksonville gets 2 games per year and they change the name of the team to the London Knights.

Even if you were able to mass every season ticket purchaser at the protest there would only be about 45,000 people there. That is the problem and the catalyst of what has transpired unfortunately.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

IN ORDER TO PROTEST, ONE MUST HAVE LEVERAGE.

WE HAVE NO LEVERAGE. WE CAN BOYCOTT BUYING TICKETS THEN SHAD CAN JUSTIFY HIS MOVE TO LONDON. I'M CERTAIN THE 31 OTHER OWNERS WOULD APPROVE HIS MOVE TO LONDON OR ANOTHER CITY.

PROTESTING AN OWNER'S ACTION TO MAKE $$ IN A SMALL OBSCURE NFL MARKET IS NOT THE SMARTEST THING TO DO AT THIS POINT.

PERHAPS WE SHOULD START SELLING OUT THE STADIUM SO SHAD DOESN'T HAVE TO TAKE THE GAMES TO LONDON. I KNOW, PERHAPS THE TEAM SHOULD START WINNING (AND I AGREE) BUT WE REALLY DON'T HAVE THAT LUXURY HERE IN JACKSONVILLE --- WE REALLY DO NEED TO SUCK IT UP AND SHOW OUR SUPPORT BY PURCHASING TICKETS (and suffering through losses) -- YES, IT SUCKS, BUT THOSE ARE THE FACTS !!!

(02-06-2020, 12:26 PM)Last42min Wrote: I anticipate him eventually going to 4 games in London, 4 in Jacksonville. I don't think he'll ever move, because Jacksonville has very low taxes and serves as a great base of operations in the US. However, I do think he'll move more games there over time, and it's just something we are going to have to resolve internally. If the revenue from London would supplement the ticket prices in Jacksonville, I think this would be a good move for the fans of Jacksonville. For example, if he can sell 100,000 tickets for 4 games at 100 bucks a pop in London, that could be good if it actually reduced the price of our tickets here (not just a reduced price on season tickets due to a shortage of games, but a genuine  reduction in prices). Jacksonville's high end income is not very strong.

Worse case scenario: Jacksonville gets 2 games per year and they change the name of the team to the London Knights.

I can’t wait until the novelty of the NFL wears off in London.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(02-06-2020, 01:20 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: IN ORDER TO PROTEST, ONE MUST HAVE LEVERAGE.  

WE HAVE NO LEVERAGE.  WE CAN BOYCOTT BUYING TICKETS THEN SHAD CAN JUSTIFY HIS MOVE TO LONDON.  I'M CERTAIN THE 31 OTHER OWNERS WOULD APPROVE HIS MOVE TO LONDON OR ANOTHER CITY.

PROTESTING AN OWNER'S ACTION TO MAKE $$ IN A SMALL OBSCURE NFL MARKET IS NOT THE SMARTEST THING TO DO AT THIS POINT.

PERHAPS WE SHOULD START SELLING OUT THE STADIUM SO SHAD DOESN'T HAVE TO TAKE THE GAMES TO LONDON.  I KNOW, PERHAPS THE TEAM SHOULD START WINNING (AND I AGREE) BUT WE REALLY DON'T HAVE THAT LUXURY HERE IN JACKSONVILLE --- WE REALLY DO NEED TO SUCK IT UP AND SHOW OUR SUPPORT BY PURCHASING TICKETS (and suffering through losses)  -- YES, IT SUCKS, BUT THOSE ARE THE FACTS !!!

*CLAPS* I'm glad some see this. I think some of us are putting too much value on ourselves. We need the Jags more than the Jags need us at this point. If we want the Jaguars to stay in Jville, we are going to have to support the team no matter how butt hurt we are. Otherwise, we will definitely lose the team....
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(02-06-2020, 01:07 PM)Jagwired Wrote: Even if you were able to mass every season ticket purchaser at the protest there would only be about 45,000 people there. That is the problem and the catalyst of what has transpired unfortunately.

But what if every STH also brought a tarp as their plus one????

We will NEVER be as appealing as London. It's not just that they can sell more seats at a higher revenue, it's that there's a huge opportunity for TV market and merchandise. To be the first team in London is to be the team that grabs a fan base. I realize it's not there now, but owners aren't drawn to the present as much as they are looking for the best long term potential. From a purely business standpoint, Khan is in a very interesting and potentially lucrative situation. If he could split 4 and 4, grab that base, reduce prices in Jacksonville while investing in it's future, he could stand to profit very much. Not only from the revenue in London, but from the growth of Jacksonville.

(02-06-2020, 01:22 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(02-06-2020, 12:26 PM)Last42min Wrote: I anticipate him eventually going to 4 games in London, 4 in Jacksonville. I don't think he'll ever move, because Jacksonville has very low taxes and serves as a great base of operations in the US. However, I do think he'll move more games there over time, and it's just something we are going to have to resolve internally. If the revenue from London would supplement the ticket prices in Jacksonville, I think this would be a good move for the fans of Jacksonville. For example, if he can sell 100,000 tickets for 4 games at 100 bucks a pop in London, that could be good if it actually reduced the price of our tickets here (not just a reduced price on season tickets due to a shortage of games, but a genuine  reduction in prices). Jacksonville's high end income is not very strong.

I can’t wait until the novelty of the NFL wears off in London.

Toronto is a very appealing market.  There is an extreme amount of corporate wealth in that city and could support extreme pricing when it comes to club seats (where successful franchises tend to make most of their ticket profits).

(This post was last modified: 02-06-2020, 09:14 PM by knarnn.)

(02-06-2020, 02:29 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(02-06-2020, 01:22 PM)knarnn Wrote: I can’t wait until the novelty of the NFL wears off in London.

Toronto is a very appealing market.  There is an extreme amount of corporate wealth in that city and could support extreme pricing when it comes to club seats (where successful franchises tend to make most of their ticket profits).

There will always be a “Boogie Man”. First it was LA, now it’s London and/or Toronto. My point was that i expect the London experiment to fail. Right now it’s a novelty experience and that’s evident by how many different jerseys you see in the stands regardless of how much time/effort/money the Jags spend to pretend that it’s a home game and the fans are there for them. They’re not. Especially once they realize just how bad of a brand of football we are trying to shove down their throats. 

Once the experience grows old and the attendance begins to drop what will be Khan’s next move? Split games with Toronto? San Antonio?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 02-06-2020, 03:19 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

I'm kind of envisioning our protest to resemble something like this ...

[Image: 98796b63-0166-4b7b-b78a-42d3b5f93016-sma...1243330954]

(02-06-2020, 02:29 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(02-06-2020, 01:22 PM)knarnn Wrote: I can’t wait until the novelty of the NFL wears off in London.

The Bills have dibs on Toronto. If London falls through, Khan will sell the team and someone else will move it to the city of the week.

(02-06-2020, 01:24 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote:
(02-06-2020, 01:20 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: IN ORDER TO PROTEST, ONE MUST HAVE LEVERAGE.  

WE HAVE NO LEVERAGE.  WE CAN BOYCOTT BUYING TICKETS THEN SHAD CAN JUSTIFY HIS MOVE TO LONDON.  I'M CERTAIN THE 31 OTHER OWNERS WOULD APPROVE HIS MOVE TO LONDON OR ANOTHER CITY.

PERHAPS WE SHOULD START SELLING OUT THE STADIUM SO SHAD DOESN'T HAVE TO TAKE THE GAMES TO LONDON.  I KNOW, PERHAPS THE TEAM SHOULD START WINNING (AND I AGREE) BUT WE REALLY DON'T HAVE THAT LUXURY HERE IN JACKSONVILLE --- WE REALLY DO NEED TO SUCK IT UP AND SHOW OUR SUPPORT BY PURCHASING TICKETS (and suffering through losses)  -- YES, IT SUCKS, BUT THOSE ARE THE FACTS !!!

*CLAPS* I'm glad some see this. I think some of us are putting too much value on ourselves. We need the Jags more than the Jags need us at this point. If we want the Jaguars to stay in Jville, we are going to have to support the team no matter how butt hurt we are. Otherwise, we will definitely lose the team....

No one "needs" the Jaguars - or the NFL for that matter. It's just football.   But the NFL wouldn't exist without the fans.