Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 Offseason Bold Predictions.

(This post was last modified: 02-13-2020, 10:55 AM by leopold332002.)

Leonard Fournette will be traded- The reason why he took all Jaguars related photos off his social media page because he probably heard through back channels that they wasn't going to pick up his fifth year option. So his agent and the team are quietly shopping him to someone else that can pay him the money that he needs because he's not going to play under the last year of his rookie deal.

Calais Campbell will not be cut this offseason- I think because of his leadership and what he does in the community they want him to remain on the roster even though he's not the player that they signed three years ago.

AJ bouye will be cut this offseason- The organization might go to his agent to ask him to take a pay cut or restructure his salary.  AJ Bouye will refuse so he can get released and go to a better team that can win now.

The Jacksonville Jaguars will not draft a quarterback at all in this draft- Despite our fraudulent owner right now from a PR standpoint Doug Marrone and Dave Caldwell knows they have to win this year or they not no longer be working for this organization. So they're going to approach the draft with Players that can play immediately instead of somebody that can be developed.

Yan will be resigned this offseason- He's a young defensive end that can be paired up with Josh Allen and they want to keep that continuity together for the sake of the franchise. It would be enough players cut and money moved from the salary cap where they can accommodate his request without him crippling up the cap because of it.

I would like to hear everybody else feedback on this offseason so we can stop dwelling on our owner Shad Khan making irrational decisions for his bottom line.
[Image: giphy.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Fournette being traded certainly is bold.

Here's my bold prediction that no one will like:
Myles Jack will not be moved to WILL, will remain our MIKE, and our starting LB corp will largely remain the same as last year

Doug Marrone will last the whole season as head coach...

Lol, I can't even type it seriously.

(02-13-2020, 10:37 AM)Kane Wrote: Fournette being traded certainly is bold.

Myles Jack will not be moved to WILL, will remain our MIKE, and our starting LB corp will largely remain the same as last year

Yeah you're right I will not like Jack being the MLB for this team.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(02-13-2020, 10:53 AM)Brett Wrote: Doug Marrone will last the whole season as head coach...

Lol, I can't even type it seriously.

Well.... I certainly hope so... I mean... otherwise it means we suck again.
I just want to win. Even if that means keeping Doug and Dave around

Quite a catch 22 eh

(02-13-2020, 07:22 AM)leopold332002 Wrote: Leonard Fournette will be traded- The reason why he took all Jaguars related photos off his social media page because he probably heard through back channels that they wasn't going to pick up his fifth year option. So his agent and the team are quietly shopping him to someone else that can pay him the money that he needs because he's not going to play under the last year of his rookie deal.

Calais Campbell will not be cut this offseason- I think because of his leadership and what he does in the community they want him to remain on the roster even though he's not the player that they signed three years ago.

AJ bouye will be cut this offseason- The organization might go to his agent to ask him to take a pay cut or restructure his salary.  AJ Bouye will refuse so he can get released and go to a better team that can win now.

The Jacksonville Jaguars will not draft a quarterback at all in this draft- Despite our fraudulent owner right now from a PR standpoint Doug Marrone and Dave Caldwell knows they have to win this year or they not no longer be working for this organization. So they're going to approach the draft with Players that can play immediately instead of somebody that can be developed.

Yan will be resigned this offseason- He's a young defensive end that can be paired up with Josh Allen and they want to keep that continuity together for the sake of the franchise. It would be enough players cut and money moved from the salary cap where they can accommodate his request without him crippling up the cap because of it.

I would like to hear everybody else feedback on this offseason so we can stop dwelling on our owner Shad Khan making irrational decisions for his bottom line.

The Fournette one crossed my mind the other day too. I don't think they're gonna pick up the option (rightfully so). They could look at trading for him, but I doubt they'll find many takers. This could be his last year here, undoubtedly.

As for my bold predictions (don't know if they really are bold tbh):

- Yannick will be tagged and traded. The Jags will draft a replacement this year, and then trade Yan after the draft for a 1st from the 2021 draft.
- The Jags will be in the FA market more than most of us expect. They will potentially look at TE, LB and S to upgrade in FA.
- They also look to trade some of their draft capital for established players, in an attempt to skip the developmental stage and bring in players that can help them win-now.

Mainly, my no.1 bold prediction is that it all goes wrong and by midseason we are looking at a team with a poisonous attitude, and the decision to retain Doug and Dave for one more spin will look even more ridiculous than it did at the time. Hope to be wrong on that one.

The Jaguars lose two home games...

But we win the other six!

Bold prediction?

Jags go 11-5 and lose in the AFC title game to the Chiefs.

(02-13-2020, 02:43 PM)Andy G Wrote: The Jaguars lose two home games...

I see what you did there...
(02-13-2020, 02:54 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Bold prediction?

We're looking for bold, not crazy, Cleat. lol

(This post was last modified: 02-13-2020, 04:56 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

My bold prediction is that Todd Wash finishes the season with a top 5 Defense and Gruden has this offense top 10 in both rushing and passing. The record is not in my crystal ball at the moment.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(02-13-2020, 03:37 PM)Kane Wrote:
(02-13-2020, 02:43 PM)Andy G Wrote: The Jaguars lose two home games...

I see what you did there...
(02-13-2020, 02:54 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Bold prediction?

We're looking for bold, not crazy, Cleat. lol
Always a few teams that people don't expect but they make a run.

2019: 49ers Titans
2018: Bears Colts (maybe)
2017: Jags Eagles Bills Titans
2016: Dolphins Raiders Lions Giants

Jags are projected to pick top 5 again next year so let's shock the world. BE BOLD

Team will finish 10 - 6.
Top 10 in offense.
Top 10 in defense.
They'll trade out of that 9th spot in the draft on opening night and secure more picks for later on that weekend, including that very night.
Both players selected in RD1 on opening night will be pro-bowl caliber players as rookies. Instant impact.
Minshew wins NFL MVP.
Team wins the Superbowl against the Dallas Cowboys.

You said be bold.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

My bold prediction is Josh Oliver having an Enron type season. Coming out of nowhere to establish himself as a top TE in the league.

Another bold prediction is Marrone will be fired before midseason and Gruden will be our new head coach.

Keenan McCardell might get a chance at Offensive Coordinator.

Jack turns it around and has a better year in 2020.

Let's be bold:

Nick Foles wins the starting job in the preseason.
Ngakoue signs a 5year, $110 million deal. Raven's head spontaneously combusts.
The Jags message board unilaterally applauds every pick made by the team on darft day.

(02-13-2020, 10:53 AM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(02-13-2020, 10:37 AM)Kane Wrote: Fournette being traded certainly is bold.

Yeah you're right I will not like Jack being the MLB for this team.

Sadly, I think this could be the case. Caldwell loves Jack, that's why he paid him. If he's moved to WILL, it's an indictment of Caldwell's decision to pay him as the centerpiece of the linebacking corps. Even if Caldwell can't dictate to the coaches where he plays, Wash is stubborn and has trouble using players correctly -- hence, Poz's laughable usage as a slot corner at times and that Josh Allen was on the field only half the time, even though he was racking up sacks like a seasoned star. I have a hard time believing he was more a liability in the running game than Yan, who was on the field more.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(This post was last modified: 02-14-2020, 11:34 AM by homebiscuit.)

(02-14-2020, 10:49 AM)Mikey Wrote: Let's be bold:

Nick Foles wins the starting job in the preseason.
Ngakoue signs a 5year, $110 million deal. Raven's head spontaneously combusts.
The Jags message board unilaterally applauds every pick made by the team on darft day.

‘Darft day’ has a uniquely Jaguars-esque quality. We should adopt it as our own.

My bold prediction is the Jags make the playoffs. If they somehow manage that, everything else is gravy.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

The game day bot will function once more. The forum will rejoice and all will post in game day threads.

That’s as bold as I’m willing to go right now. Smile

(This post was last modified: 02-14-2020, 01:04 PM by JagJohn.)

(02-14-2020, 11:29 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(02-13-2020, 10:53 AM)leopold332002 Wrote: Yeah you're right I will not like Jack being the MLB for this team.

Sadly, I think this could be the case. Caldwell loves Jack, that's why he paid him. If he's moved to WILL, it's an indictment of Caldwell's decision to pay him as the centerpiece of the linebacking corps. Even if Caldwell can't dictate to the coaches where he plays, Wash is stubborn and has trouble using players correctly -- hence, Poz's laughable usage as a slot corner at times and that Josh Allen was on the field only half the time, even though he was racking up sacks like a seasoned star. I have a hard time believing he was more a liability in the running game than Yan, who was on the field more.

Agreed. I think the same argument can be made for why Caldwell will stick with Cam at LT too.

(02-14-2020, 10:07 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: My bold prediction is Josh Oliver having an Enron type season. Coming out of nowhere to establish himself as a top TE in the league.

Man, he is really gonna tank this season.