Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Wilder v. Fury 2

(This post was last modified: 02-14-2020, 10:26 PM by JagsorDie.)

Is anyone else as pumped about this fight as I am. The first one was incredible. 

You have one guy who out of 42 wins has knocked out 41. Against a guy who 6,9 and undefeated. And they draw.

This is the most excited I have been about a fight since manny vs Floyd. 

I am glad the heavy weight division is making a strong come back.

Watching bigs stand up and bang hasn’t been this much fun To watch in a while.

I know this might not be popular opinion watching Floyd I’ve the last decade sort of pushed me away from boxing. I understand The whole “boxing is different that fighting” argument. But watching a dude run around a ring for 12 rounds just isn’t as fun as watching heavy hitters. At least for me.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-14-2020, 09:55 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: Is anyone else as pumped about this fight as I am. The first one was incredible. 

You have one guy who out of 42 wins has knocked out 41. Against a guy who 6,9 and undefeated. And they draw.

I know this might not be popular opinion watching Floyd I’ve the last decade sort of pushed me away from boxing. I understand The whole “boxing is different that fighting” argument. But watching a dude run around a ring for 12 rounds just isn’t as fun as watching heavy hitters. At least for me.

I am really hyped. I watched the first fight again last week and I'm still amazed that Fury could take those kind of head shots and keep going. He fought a valiant fight to get the draw, but Wilder is going to be tough to keep up with a second time.

[Image: tumblr_pj3zneFzeS1u2ragso1_500.gifv]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 02-16-2020, 07:38 PM by JagsorDie.)

(02-15-2020, 10:53 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-14-2020, 09:55 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: Is anyone else as pumped about this fight as I am. The first one was incredible. 

I am really hyped. I watched the first fight again last week and I'm still amazed that Fury could take those kind of head shots and keep going. He fought a valiant fight to get the draw, but Wilder is going to be tough to keep up with a second time.

[Image: tumblr_pj3zneFzeS1u2ragso1_500.gifv]

Another thing that I enjoyed seeing was the level of respect that these two had for each other after the fight. While I also get a kick out of the trash talking in the lead up to these type of fights, it is nice to see two guys who poured as much as these two did into a fight, walk away with that level of respect for one another.

Bit worried about Furys preparation but he outboxed Wilder for most of the last fight so should be fine

Fury is the much more skilled boxer and it's not even close and the head movement for a man Furys size is ridiculous l. But Wilder has the insane power so the question is can he catch Fury again? This, along with the winner fighting Anthony Joshua is the only boxing matchups I care about at the moment

Welp

One of the most one sided big fights you'll ever see. Fury will do the same to Joshua too

Wilder was completely gassed after 2 rounds. Fury didn't do much but beat on a fighter with zero gas tank. Dunno what Wilder did training wise leading up to this fight (not much likely), but he needs really needs to re-examine it.

Surprised the fight lasted as long as it did honestly, considering it was over after round 2. Wilder was sucking wind and was just going through the motions.

(02-23-2020, 03:42 AM)Eric1 Wrote: Wilder was completely gassed after 2 rounds. Fury didn't do much but beat on a fighter with zero gas tank. Dunno what Wilder did training wise leading up to this fight (not much likely), but he needs really needs to re-examine it.

Surprised the fight lasted as long as it did honestly, considering it was over after round 2. Wilder was sucking wind and was just going through the motions.

He's dominated him for most of the two fights , made the most dangerous man in boxing look amateur

(02-23-2020, 02:18 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(02-23-2020, 03:42 AM)Eric1 Wrote: Wilder was completely gassed after 2 rounds. Fury didn't do much but beat on a fighter with zero gas tank. Dunno what Wilder did training wise leading up to this fight (not much likely), but he needs really needs to re-examine it.

He's dominated him for most of the two fights , made the most dangerous man in boxing look amateur

It was mostly due to Wilder's ear drum being ruptured early in the fight. It threw off his equilibrium and the fight was over. You could tell something was just off about him which would explain his balance issues and all of the blood coming out of his ear.

(02-23-2020, 06:40 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(02-23-2020, 02:18 PM)JackCity Wrote: He's dominated him for most of the two fights , made the most dangerous man in boxing look amateur

It was mostly due to Wilder's ear drum being ruptured early in the fight. It threw off his equilibrium and the fight was over. You could tell something was just off about him which would explain his balance issues and all of the blood coming out of his ear.

That's still a huge + on Furys side. 

Whatever way you look at it, Wilder was dominated

(02-23-2020, 11:04 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(02-23-2020, 06:40 PM)Eric1 Wrote: It was mostly due to Wilder's ear drum being ruptured early in the fight. It threw off his equilibrium and the fight was over. You could tell something was just off about him which would explain his balance issues and all of the blood coming out of his ear.

That's still a huge + on Furys side. 

Whatever way you look at it, Wilder was dominated

I wasn't really that impressed by Fury in this fight honestly. He hit Wilder in the back of the head multiple times and kept putting him in headlocks. Couple that with the fact that Wilder was basically a walking duck, it wasn't that impressive of a win. Fury should have closed that fight out long before Wilder's corner finally threw in the towel.

A wins a win though at the end of the day. He did whatever he needed to do to get the W.

Lol ..... I watched Jalen and Jacoby on Friday and Jalen Rose was all set to go to the Wilder victory party after the fight. Can't wait to hear him talk about it upon his return on Tuesday.