Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
“Increasingly Likely” Jaguars Will Franchise DE Yannick Ngakoue

(02-21-2020, 09:36 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(02-20-2020, 09:58 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: xD

Wow there are 39 elite pass rushers in the league then LMAO

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?t...onType=REG

Pick, there are 27 guys with more sacks than Yan, including 3 rookies AND DANTE FOWLER Smile

You're very dense, my guy. Either that or you're just not very bright. Probably both. Idk how you can call yourself a fan of football yet hang your hat on sacks being the only indicator of how good a pass rusher is.
He's a brick wall. His only metric is 2019 sacks.... Yans previous years and other stats mean nothing.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Pick, there are 27 guys with more sacks than Yan, including 3 rookies AND DANTE FOWLER Smile

You're very dense, my guy. Either that or you're just not very bright. Probably both. Idk how you can call yourself a fan of football yet hang your hat on sacks being the only indicator of how good a pass rusher is.

Dumb. Of course sacks are ultimately how you evaluate a pass rusher. Of lesser importance are pressures and turnovers forced. I guess you evaluate them based on how many passes they attempt or something. Listen, he's pretty good, his 2018 season was pro-bowl caliber but Allen in his rookie season was arguably as good as Yan last year and Fowler was better. It's not like Yan is suddenly going to play better when we have to cut players so he can get paid. Offer him his 19m/year or let someone else sign him for 25m/year or whatever crazy amount he thinks he's worth and let *them* live to regret it.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 02-21-2020, 12:06 PM by TearExtractor.)

(02-21-2020, 11:27 AM)hb1148 Wrote: Dumb. Of course sacks are ultimately how you evaluate a pass rusher. Of lesser importance are pressures and turnovers forced. 

naaa

Its the EXACT same argument on rating CB's solely on int's. The best cb in the league can have 0 int's because his guy is always locked down and never thrown to.

Constant pressure on the qb to make unwanted throws and/or taking up two bodies  > 1 sack a game.

(02-20-2020, 09:58 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(02-20-2020, 05:48 PM)JackCity Wrote: Elite pass rusher*

Which is why he's gonna get a huge contract from either us or another team

xD

(02-20-2020, 05:55 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: He's easily top 15.  Give me 9 better pass rushers than him, though.

Tied with Von Miller, but has more sacks than Ryan Kerrigan and Geno Atkins. Hell, JJ Watt only had 4 sacks in 8 games. And before you say it, I’m not saying he’s better than them, but it isn’t as black-and-White as you make it out.

(This post was last modified: 02-21-2020, 12:43 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

(02-21-2020, 12:28 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:

Tied with Von Miller, but has more sacks than Ryan Kerrigan and Geno Atkins. Hell, JJ Watt only had 4 sacks in 8 games. And before you say it, I’m not saying he’s better than them, but it isn’t as black-and-White as you make it out.

Lol

Kerrigan is like 31, he is been pretty good for what? A decade?  And much better vs the run. 
Atkins is a DT. 
Watt is never really healthy these days, he plays like at 80%. Also Yan will never even be half as good as Watt was in his prime, he is not even as good as he is right now.

Where exactly did I say that? You are the one who is not very bright when you come trying to put words in my mouth when clearly you have nothing better to say.

Prove Yan is elite. 

No one outside this MB thinks he is elite or close to that, no to mention, AGAIN, he is average at best vs the run.

(02-21-2020, 12:39 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(02-21-2020, 12:28 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Tied with Von Miller, but has more sacks than Ryan Kerrigan and Geno Atkins. Hell, JJ Watt only had 4 sacks in 8 games. And before you say it, I’m not saying he’s better than them, but it isn’t as black-and-White as you make it out.

Lol

Kerrigan is like 31, he is been pretty good for what? A decade?  And much better vs the run. 
Atkins is a DT. 
Watt is never really healthy these days, he plays like at 80%. Also Yan will never even be half as good as Watt was in his prime, he is not even as good as he is right now.

(02-21-2020, 09:36 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: You're very dense, my guy. Either that or you're just not very bright. Probably both. Idk how you can call yourself a fan of football yet hang your hat on sacks being the only indicator of how good a pass rusher is.

Where exactly did I say that? You are the one who is not very bright when you come trying to put words in my mouth when clearly you have nothing better to say.

Prove Yan is elite. 

No one outside this MB thinks he is elite or close to that, no to mention, AGAIN, he is average at best vs the run.

So, Yan isn’t elite because Kerrigan has been elite longer? Are all elite players the same quality in all aspects of their game? 

You mentioned that 28 players were ahead of Yan as a reason he isn’t elite, but there are very clearly players that are unanimously considered elite in the same boat. I’m simply showing you that THAT argument isn’t the one proving your point. 

Geno being a DT is irrelevant. Those 28 players aren’t all edge rushers.

That dolt has dug in his heels so much that there is no turning back.
Yan is an elite rusher period. But some people can't ever admit to being wrong. Yan's career and future is why we should pay him top 5 money now.
Pairing him with Allen for the next 4 seasons would give us a helluva pass rush duo that rivals anything we've ever had.

The silly people that think because his sack numbers were down slightly this year (in a year where teams had to pass less against us, he was hurt to start the season, and he was doubled often, especially post Dareus' injury) don't see the big picture and I doubt they can ever see the big picture in most things.
Yan outperformed dudes that are getting that top 5 money right now, this season. And in his career has been far and away better than Fowler could ever hope to be (the fact that some are still riding his jock is laughable)
Fowler didn't have a better year, he played on a slightly better team, with a better cast around him (in a totally different scheme, one that fits Fowler better than being a traditional 43 end)

If we screw this up with Yan these same fools will be on here complaining about how Allen isn't as good as we thought (because he'll be getting the double teams). And how we can never keep good players. (And then will likely cite us trading away Fowler as if he was really any good here)

(This post was last modified: 02-21-2020, 01:22 PM by JackCity.)

Yannick had 80 total pressures in 2017, 12 sacks.
In 2018 he was 3rd in the entire league in Qb hits, just behind Donald and Cox, had a ton of pressures too.
Then this year he played injured over the first few games but also wasn't quite as good on a terrible defense.

You are paying him for the two previous years which were elite at a very young age, not specially for this season.

Again I ask, if you would pay him 19 million a year, why not 21 to get the deal done? 2 million a year isn't negatively impacting any moves the jags can or can't make

(This post was last modified: 02-21-2020, 02:07 PM by Cleatwood.)

(02-21-2020, 11:27 AM)hb1148 Wrote:
(02-21-2020, 09:36 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: You're very dense, my guy. Either that or you're just not very bright. Probably both. Idk how you can call yourself a fan of football yet hang your hat on sacks being the only indicator of how good a pass rusher is.

Dumb. Of course sacks are ultimately how you evaluate a pass rusher. Of lesser importance are pressures and turnovers forced. I guess you evaluate them based on how many passes they attempt or something. Listen, he's pretty good, his 2018 season was pro-bowl caliber but Allen in his rookie season was arguably as good as Yan last year and Fowler was better. It's not like Yan is suddenly going to play better when we have to cut players so he can get paid. Offer him his 19m/year or let someone else sign him for 25m/year or whatever crazy amount he thinks he's worth and let *them* live to regret it.
I guess Von stinks.

(This post was last modified: 02-21-2020, 02:16 PM by enigma.)

I don't understand why it's so hard to pay this man his well-earned money.

Coughlin really jacked up this team with his archaic antics last offseason. We could have had Yan for $19m/yr and now (rightfully so) the price goes up.

Like the other poster mentioned, I'd be fine with paying him $21-22m/yr.

Yann is a good pass rusher with a knack for creating turnovers, and there's no doubt that is huge in today's NFL. It's just a case of the right compensation, and the Jags don't have a lot of leeway. Tag and trade may be the best answer.

(02-21-2020, 03:18 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Yann is a good pass rusher with a knack for creating turnovers, and there's no doubt that is huge in today's NFL.  It's just a case of the right compensation, and the Jags don't have a lot of leeway.  Tag and trade may be the best answer.
This has been gone over ad nauseum. The Jags have plenty of options/room to sign him.

I hope love for Yan to stay but if he dont want to be here trade him and give all that money to Chris Jones who is a better player anyway

I'm good with 5 years 110
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Pay the man. If we can of course lol. Thanks Tom and Dave! Sincerely, the fans.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

As long as we get something if we franchise him instead of just losing him, I am happy.

The Seahawks would be interesting trade partners. Two 2nd rounders for Yan? I'd take that trade and the cap savings.

(02-23-2020, 04:40 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: The Seahawks would be interesting trade partners.  Two 2nd rounders for Yan?  I'd take that trade and the cap savings.
SMH

Yan rated #6 free agent here.  Fowler at #27.  Obviously we know who didn't write this article.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...hranked-qb
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

He wants 22 mil a year