Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
“Increasingly Likely” Jaguars Will Franchise DE Yannick Ngakoue

Quote: 
Verdarme says it’s “increasingly likely” that Jacksonville will franchise Ngakoue if they’re unable to get a long-term extension worked out. 

The franchise tag would run the Jaguars close to $18 million fully guaranteed for the 2020 season.
Ngakoue has indicated that he would not be happy with the franchise, which opens the possibility that he could skip OTAs, minicamp and potentially training camp.

https://nfltraderumors.co/report-increas...k-ngakoue/
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Tag and trade.  Should be able to net at least a 1st and 3rd or 4th.

(02-05-2020, 08:02 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: Tag and trade.  Should be able to net at least a 1st and 3rd or 4th.

I second that motion. Dude is over-assessing his worth, and maybe he has a point because some team with cap room will overpay him. I think the Jags are willing to pay him Frank Clark type money but not set the market, which is completely reasonable.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(02-05-2020, 08:02 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: Tag and trade.  Should be able to net at least a 1st and 3rd or 4th.

Nothing like making an already bad team even worse by trading away it's best player  Banana

(02-05-2020, 08:26 PM)Eric1 Wrote:

Nothing like making an already bad team even worse by trading away it's best player  Banana

Tank for London!

(02-05-2020, 08:26 PM)Eric1 Wrote:

We already did that with Ramsey.

Campbell, Minshew, Chark and Allen are more important than Ngakoue.

BTW, no team is gonna give a 1st and something more, I 'd be surprised if someone actually gives a first for him.

Clowney was traded for just a 3rd right? No way we're getting that plus a first on top for Yannick. Just pay the man.

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2020, 11:30 PM by Byron LeftTown.)

Tag Yann and trade him for a 2nd round pick.
PAYY SMOOOOOT!!!!

(This post was last modified: 02-06-2020, 12:05 AM by JackCity.)

He has no sources for the record

(02-05-2020, 10:57 PM)Upper Wrote: Clowney was traded for just a 3rd right? No way we're getting that plus a first on top for Yannick. Just pay the man.

And Frank Clark got a monster deal. So somewhere in between those two values

Trade Yan to a team who has London home game and demand revenue from that game. Shad Con can then put that money towards Lot J shipyard so he can dock his yacht for the future 2 home Jax games.

So it's increasingly likely they will franchise tag him if they cannot work out a long term deal?

Only of going from 100% chance to 100% chance is regarded as an "increase."

He might have an inflated view of his own worth, but we all know there are teams out there with more cap space that will over-pay him. And he knows that too.

Makes me wonder how much he's asking from the Jags though. If they think he's worth paying $18m on the franchise tag, his demands must be a LONG way beyond that, or a deal would have been done already.

As if this wasn't going to happen anyway. What in depth reporting.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I go along with the tag and trade. Got Allen and paying Campbell. Sign a solid free agent like Quinn, trade Yann and get another pick to improve another position. There are several holes to fill on both sides. May as well free up money and get a draft pick

(02-05-2020, 08:25 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:

I second that motion. Dude is over-assessing his worth, and maybe he has a point because some team with cap room will overpay him. I think the Jags are willing to pay him Frank Clark type money but not set the market, which is completely reasonable.

My guess is he wants something north of DeMarcus Lawrance. He's good but he's not worth that kind of contract. He's not even a first choice pro-bowler.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 02-06-2020, 10:37 AM by Kane.)

(02-05-2020, 10:57 PM)Upper Wrote: Clowney was traded for just a 3rd right? No way we're getting that plus a first on top for Yannick. Just pay the man.

Not exactly apples to apples

Clowney a former first round pick hampered by injuries coming off his 5th year option didn't want to play under the tag and wouldn't show up.

I would venture to say Yan is a better player at this point and a more consistent player.

But on the point of trading him... I'm only trading him for a first or a package like a 2nd and a 4th or something along those lines.
Otherwise he plays under the tag, accepts a new deal, or doesn't play for anyone.

I don't know what is being offered but he deserves a 21-22m per year average with at least 50-60% of total contract fully gtd.
If they offer him something like that and he turns it down, I play hard ball and tag and force him to play (outside of getting a really good trade offer from an NFC team)

(02-06-2020, 08:08 AM)Rico Wrote: As if this wasn't going to happen anyway.  What in depth reporting.

My thoughts exactly...

"if unable to get long term extension....tag..." 

Well we weren't going to just let him walk off into free agency and get a (possible) 3rd-5th round comp pick for him... screw that.
hahaha

If the tag is 18, offer should be 20-22 per. I don't see teams willing to pay him 25 a year, but if they want to, I'll be happy to entertain their offer.

The business of the NFL really biting Duval in the butt lately. I thought sports were supposed to be fun?

Weren't we all saying something similar when ARob wanted a better deal?

"Oh, they'll tag him - no way they'll let him walk..."

Different players, and different circumstances (ARob was coming back from an injury and there were more doubts about his production in the future) but there's always that chance the Jags just cut him loose.

London Jaguars need to sign Yannick if they want pieces to win a Super Bowl.

(02-06-2020, 02:25 PM)Andy G Wrote: Weren't we all saying something similar when ARob wanted a better deal?

"Oh, they'll tag him - no way they'll let him walk..."

Different players, and different circumstances (ARob was coming back from an injury and there were more doubts about his production in the future) but there's always that chance the Jags just cut him loose.

WRs are a dime a dozen...
pass rushers are not

To this point Yan has been way more valuable and productive than AR15 (he had one really good year, so did Hurns who is not on anyone's radar)

If they just let Yan walk.... they are more stupid than even us fans have given them credit for