Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Early Mocks...Post and Debate

(02-22-2020, 02:04 AM)surfon Wrote: So pardon the question if Okudah is crybaby level good why would we not package number 9 and number 20 to move up to get him if he falls to 5 or later.  We still have next years first rounder from the hams?  Seriously why not?

And you still have a grt corner on the cheap.

I don't think Okudah is as good as Ramsey coming out, but that doesn't discount Okudah's talent. He's very talented but Ramsey was a generational type of talent - too bad our FO and his attitude spoiled all of it.

This isn't a knock on Okudah though.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-24-2020, 11:39 AM by JagJohn.)

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2874...ns#slide38

I think most of us would be delighted with this:

First round: Simmons and Kinlaw
2nd: KJ Hamler
3rd: Bryce Hall
4th: Prince Tega Wanogho

(02-24-2020, 11:38 AM)JagJohn Wrote: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2874...ns#slide38

I think most of us would be delighted with this:

First round: Simmons and Kinlaw
2nd: KJ Hamler
3rd: Bryce Hall
4th: Prince Tega Wanogho

I would be happy with this, but believe they could do better. No way Kinlaw will be available at 20 so I take him at 9. Combine him with one of the run-stuffing free agents on the market.

Rd. 1 (9) Kinlaw (unless Derrick Brown miraculously falls)

Rd. 1 (20) Josh Jones - May need a little time to get stronger, but has a very high ceiling.

Rd. 2- Jeff Gladney

Rd. 3 - K.J. Hill

Trade a 4th and 5th (next year) for Hayden Hurst

Free agents- Run stuffing DT and linebacker (Littleton, Schobert or Kwiatkowski)

Pay Yan up to $20 million or franchise him.

Re-sign:

Yannick Ngakoue - whether via LTD or franchise tag
Marcell Dareus - Wouldn’t surprise me to see him back on a friendlier deal
Keelan Cole
Donald Payne

Free Agency:

Nick Kwiatkoski LB - Looked really impressive stepping in for the Bears last year

Cordy Glenn - Looks to be on the outs in Cincy. Has played for Marrone in the past and could push Cam at LT.

Draft:

1.9 - Tristan Wirfs OL - Assuming Brown, Simmons, and Okudah are off the bird. Would be drafting him to play RG where I think he has All-Pro potential.

TRADE - 1.20 and 6th to Baltimore for 1.28 and Hayden Hurst

1.28 - Trevon Diggs CB - Starts at CB in place of Bouye.

2 - Justin Jefferson WR - Another receiving target for Minshew.

3 - Cam Akers RB - Nice 1-2 pounce with Lenny and possibly his replacement for next year.

4 - Benito Jones NT - Big run-stuffing NT to groom behind Dareus.

5 - Francis Bernard LB - Another LB to help stop the run.

6 - Mike Danna EDGE - Pass rushing depth for behind Yan, Allen, and Smoot.

7 - Bronson Rechsteiner FB/RB - Put up big numbers at Kennesaw State and expect to put up crazy numbers at his pro day (4.4 forty, 39 in vert, 20+ bench). Has a big wrestling background and his dad is Rick Steiner from WCW so I’m sure Tony Khan is aware of him

Looking at Bucky Brooks' latest mock draft, he has the Lions taking Simmons and the Panthers taking Derrick Brown.

He has the Jaguars taking Okudah with the 9th pick and it got me wondering. If he's available at #9, we have to take him, correct? Or would we prefer a guy like Kinlaw to help with the Run D.

FWIW: he has the Jaguars also getting Patrick Queen at #20.

(02-25-2020, 02:01 PM)High Octane Wrote: Looking at Bucky Brooks' latest mock draft, he has the Lions taking Simmons and the Panthers taking Derrick Brown.

He has the Jaguars taking Okudah with the 9th pick and it got me wondering. If he's available at #9, we have to take him, correct? Or would we prefer a guy like Kinlaw to help with the Run D.

Run to the podium for Okudah.

Okudah and Ruggs/OT would be pretty great for the first two picks.

9: R1P9 CB JEFFREY OKUDAH OHIO STATE
20: R1P20 WR HENRY RUGGS III ALABAMA
42: R2P10 C LLOYD CUSHENBERRY LSU
73: R3P9 S KYLE DUGGER LENOIR-RHYNE
113: R4P10 G SOLOMON KINDLEY GEORGIA
165: R5P19 LB JACOB PHILLIPS LSU
189: R6P10 TE JAKE BREELAND OREGON
206: R6P27 CB AMIK ROBERTSON LOUISIANA TECH
223: R7P9 DL BENITO JONES MISSISSIPPI

Unfortunately I kept seeing better value at certain picks rather than selecting a NT. While I do feel the Ruggs pick could easily have gone a different direction, I'm trying to get us set up now with another potential playmaker. One of the potential picks instead of Ruggs I was looking at was Delprit which would have changed the 3rd round pick to KJ Hill, Van Jefferson, or Tyler Johnson. The other potential pick was Gladney, which would have changed round 6 to Josiah Coatney.

(02-25-2020, 02:01 PM)High Octane Wrote: Looking at Bucky Brooks' latest mock draft, he has the Lions taking Simmons and the Panthers taking Derrick Brown.

Yes, Okudah at 9 is the equivalent of Allen falling to 7 last year. Astral alignment of that nature shouldn't happen in consecutive years, but if it does, you do not question it.

More than likely what happens is if he starts dropping to 7, 8, someone in the teens is going to make an offer to move up.

SBN had the same scenario, and Kinlaw fell to 16 (ATL) I think. If we land Okudah at 9, and Kinlaw is there at 15, would you offer our #20 and our 3rd to move up and get him too? I might lose my mind if we managed to land both in this darft.

(02-26-2020, 10:02 AM)Mikey Wrote: Yes, Okudah at 9 is the equivalent of Allen falling to 7 last year. Astral alignment of that nature shouldn't happen in consecutive years, but if it does, you do not question it.

Meh it wouldn't be that crazy. It's pretty consensus that Okudah is on the same tier as Brown and Simmons and then throw in your flavor of OT or two. Once the QBs and Young go off the board there won't really be any shockers being there at 9 to me.

(02-24-2020, 10:40 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: Re-sign:

Yannick Ngakoue - whether via LTD or franchise tag
Marcell Dareus - Wouldn’t surprise me to see him back on a friendlier deal
Keelan Cole
Donald Payne

Free Agency:

Nick Kwiatkoski LB - Looked really impressive stepping in for the Bears last year

Cordy Glenn - Looks to be on the outs in Cincy. Has played for Marrone in the past and could push Cam at LT.

Draft:

1.9 - Tristan Wirfs OL - Assuming Brown, Simmons, and Okudah are off the bird. Would be drafting him to play RG where I think he has All-Pro potential.

TRADE - 1.20 and 6th to Baltimore for 1.28 and Hayden Hurst

1.28 - Trevon Diggs CB - Starts at CB in place of Bouye.

2 - Justin Jefferson WR - Another receiving target for Minshew.

3 - Cam Akers RB - Nice 1-2 pounce with Lenny and possibly his replacement for next year.

4 - Benito Jones NT - Big run-stuffing NT to groom behind Dareus.

5 - Francis Bernard LB - Another LB to help stop the run.

6 - Mike Danna EDGE - Pass rushing depth for behind Yan, Allen, and Smoot.

7 - Bronson Rechsteiner FB/RB - Put up big numbers at Kennesaw State and expect to put up crazy numbers at his pro day (4.4 forty, 39 in vert, 20+ bench). Has a big wrestling background and his dad is Rick Steiner from WCW so I’m sure Tony Khan is aware of him

I don't think Akers will be around by the time we pick in the third. I'd take him in the second.

My latest mock from walkthemock.com for JAX via Default ranking

1:9 - DL Derrick Brown, Auburn Easily BAP and NEED
1:20 - OT Tristan Wirfs, Iowa This guy shouldn't be available here, but he was in this mock. Easily slides into RG.
2:10 - LB Patrick Queen, LSU (MIKE - move Jack to WILL)
3:9 - TE Adam Trautman, Dayton (James O, Oliver, Trautman, and Farrell is a solid TE group imo)
4:10 - RB Lamical Perine, Florida (Great back to add to corp, eventual replacement for Fournette)
5:19 - FS K'Von Wallace, Clemson (Challenger for Wilson, probable starter)
6:10 - CB Darnay Holmes, UCLA (depth, STs)
6:27 - EDGE Jonathan Garvin, Miami (depth. STs)
7:9 - TE Luke Farrell, Ohio State (Inline Blocking TE)

Would be pretty happy with the draft landing like this. Wirfs at 20 is unlikely and honestly I think Perine is probably gone in round 3.

9: R1P9
CB JEFFREY OKUDAH
OHIO STATE
20: R1P20
WR CEEDEE LAMB
OKLAHOMA
42: R2P10
RB CLYDE EDWARDS-HELAIRE
LSU
73: R3P9
DL ROSS BLACKLOCK
TCU
113: R4P10
G NETANE MUTI
FRESNO STATE
165: R5P19
LB SHAQUILLE QUARTERMAN
MIAMI
189: R6P10
CB STANFORD SAMUELS III
FLORIDA STATE
206: R6P27
CB AMIK ROBERTSON
LOUISIANA TECH
223: R7P9
RB AJ DILLON
BOSTON COLLEGE

A very unrealist BAP draft. Almost none of these guys should be available when I selected them.... so of course, I selected them lol

1:9 - CB Jeffrey Okudah, Ohio State (This allows us to cap cut Bouye if need be)
1:20 - DL Javon Kinlaw, South Carolina (Can play both 3T and 1T depending on package 2nd best DT in draft after Brown)
2:10 - OT Josh Jones, Houston (Can compete for LT job and possibly move Robinson to G)
3:9 - LB Jacob Phillips, LSU (Can play MIKE and move Jack to WILL)
4:10 - RB Lamical Perine, Florida (Instant #2 RB and probable replacement for LF)
5:19 - NT Benito Jones, Mississippi (1T for run packages)
6:10 - WR Isaiah Hodgins, Oregon St. (Big body developmental WR)
6:27 - G Damien Lewis, LSU (depth, possible competition for Cann at RG)
7:9 - TE Jake Breeland, Oregon (Inline blocking TE)

Offense heavy draft
1:9 - DL Derrick Brown, Auburn (No brainer)
1:20 - OT Tristan Wirfs, Iowa (Shouldn't be available here but instant starter and probable star at RG and possible future tackle)
2:10 - WR Jalen Reagor, Texas Christian (Can't not take this guy here. Too fast, too furious. Will take the top of defenses)
3:9 - TE Brycen Hopkins, Purdue (Instant starter, not much of a blocker but will give us the receiving TE we've never had)
4:10 - RB Lamical Perine, Florida
5:19 - FS K'Von Wallace, Clemson (Competition for Wilson at FS)
6:10 - CB Darnay Holmes, UCLA (depth)
6:27 - LB Thomas Barber, Minnesota (depth/ST)
7:9 - OT Saahdiq Charles, LSU (Character concerns ['19 suspension] is the only reason he was pushed this far, has potential to be a starting OT, or at least very good depth)

(01-24-2020, 12:07 AM)Upper Wrote: Wills Jr is the only OT I'm sold on.

Becton definitely has the talent but he's basically a unicorn being that agile at that weight. Is he still going to move as well as he does if he gets nicked up at all? Is he going to struggle to maintain that weight or is he going to get even bigger? Is he going to keep those feet as he ages on his enormous body? If you could promise me that Becton can keep his athleticism then he would be on par with Wills to me.

Thomas and Wirfs I had been saying were overrated for a while now as both of them have heavy feet. I agree with Wirfs at guard. Thomas looks to be pretty similar to Parnell to me to be honest. He has the same overstriding issues from having to cheat because of the lack of athleticism that got Parnell killed on inside moves. Would y'all be happy with taking Parnell at 9 and then playing him at LT?

Lol

I honestly would be mad if we drafted Wirfs at 9 and plugged him in at RG. Upgrade what has been the weakest position on the offense for years with a player that has All Pro potential there

(02-28-2020, 08:24 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I honestly would be mad if we drafted Wirfs at 9 and plugged him in at RG.  Upgrade what has been the weakest position on the offense for years with a player that has All Pro potential there

No. Just no.

(This post was last modified: 02-28-2020, 11:31 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(02-28-2020, 09:12 PM)JagJohn Wrote:
(02-28-2020, 08:24 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I honestly would be mad if we drafted Wirfs at 9 and plugged him in at RG.  Upgrade what has been the weakest position on the offense for years with a player that has All Pro potential there

No. Just no.

Why not?  You wouldn't like a dominant guard like Yanda, Nelson, or Martin at what has been the weakest position on this team for years?

(02-28-2020, 11:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-28-2020, 09:12 PM)JagJohn Wrote: No. Just no.

Why not?  You wouldn't like a dominant guard like Yanda, Nelson, or Martin at what has been the weakest position on this team for years?

I'd massively prefer a dominant LT, which Wirfs definitely has the potential to be. 

Putting him straight in at RG would be a waste.

(02-28-2020, 11:44 PM)JagJohn Wrote:
(02-28-2020, 11:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Why not?  You wouldn't like a dominant guard like Yanda, Nelson, or Martin at what has been the weakest position on this team for years?

I'd massively prefer a dominant LT, which Wirfs definitely has the potential to be. 

Yeah you put him at LT and if he fails there you move him in. Unless Cam somehow becomes a high level LT which is unlikely

(This post was last modified: 02-29-2020, 06:31 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(02-28-2020, 11:44 PM)JagJohn Wrote:
(02-28-2020, 11:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Why not?  You wouldn't like a dominant guard like Yanda, Nelson, or Martin at what has been the weakest position on this team for years?

Wirfs is a RT if anything imo, where he played pretty much his whole college career.  You dont think Ferentz would of played him at LT if that was his best position and best player?  I think it would be much easier for Wirfs to slide inside and over one spot than to switch sides at tackle.  Crazy you feel that Nelson and Yanda are a waste. Would love to have a dominant guard