Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official Trump Keeps Winning Thread***

(03-06-2020, 06:46 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-06-2020, 06:15 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: I guess that sort of fits. It wouldn't stoke fear in me. Sensible people don't look to the President (any president) for weather reports. If it caused some people in Alabama to waste two minutes checking the National Hurricane Center website then that's no big deal, and an idiotic reason to vote for someone who's policies are destructive to our country. And Marty's implication was that Trump is riling up people in anger, not just sending mistaken advice about an emergency.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/arc...ar/498116/

“Countless innocent American lives have been stolen because our politicians have failed in their duty to secure our borders,” he said. His acceptance speech at the Republican National Convention similarly made clear the extent to which his message revolves around fear. “The attacks on our police, and the terrorism in our cities, threaten our very way of life,” Trump thundered. “Any politician who does not grasp this danger is not fit to lead our country. Americans watching this address tonight have seen the recent images of violence in our streets and the chaos in our communities. Many have witnessed this violence personally; some have even been its victims.”

Throw in the protectionism, the wall at the Southern border, the restrictions on travel from Muslim countries, and you see what Trump is selling- fear.   He calls the media "the enemy of the people."  He says the Southern border is being overrun by rapists and murderers.  He talks about conspiracies.  

He claimed Obama was born in Kenya and that he had sent investigators to Hawaii and they had all sorts of incredible stuff and he was going to release it, which he never did.  The birther stuff is a blatant appeal to people's fears.   And it was a total con job!  Where is that evidence he claimed he had, anyway?  

He falsely claimed the murder rate was the highest it had been in 47 years.  

https://time.com/4665755/donald-trump-fear/

"Fear has been a fixture of Trump’s oratory since the start of his campaign, which began with an attack on Mexican immigrants. On the trail he sometimes called to the stage the bereaved parents of children who were killed by people in the U.S. illegally. His inaugural address was a dark rumination on “American carnage”: the factories “scattered like tombstones,” the “crime and gangs and drugs that have stolen too many lives.” In his speech at the Republican nomination convention, Trump described the U.S. in a “moment of crisis,” then he cast himself as its savior: “I alone can fix it.”

The Atlantic prints a lot of lies about Trump. So does Time. If that's your source of information I can see why you think the way you do.

Protecting the borders is "selling fear"? It's TRUE that US citizens have been killed by people illegally crossing the Mexican border. Those are people who would still be alive if the border was secured. Are you for open borders? What's your point here? That it's not a big deal? Using that reasoning it's OK to stand outside in a thunderstorm because only an insignificant number of people are killed by lightning. Is that what you believe?

The birther story is an old claim that was created by Hillary's camp. Obama himself kept the rumor alive by failing to release his birth certificate for three (?) years. If the Atlantic has to go back before his election to dredge up some ancient history that a lot of people once foolishly believed, then that shows just how pathetic your sources are. Also, I don't see how Obama being born in Kenya causes fear.

I guess you also disagree that a large number of US factories had closed and the jobs moved overseas. Even Obama admitted that when he claimed that those jobs would never come back. Trump DID bring factory jobs back to the US.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Trump proposing 0% payroll tax rest of year. Good political move. Is the left dumb enough to block it? I think so.

(03-10-2020, 07:38 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Trump proposing 0% payroll tax rest of year. Good political move. Is the left dumb enough to block it? I think so.

haha.  Yeah,  I think so.

(03-10-2020, 07:38 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Trump proposing 0% payroll tax rest of year. Good political move. Is the left dumb enough to block it? I think so.

What I've been saying for a couple of years now is that for the US to run huge deficits in a time of economic expansion was very dangerous, and now we see why.  Payroll taxes bring in a trillion dollars a year.  We already have a more than trillion dollar deficit.  This is why a payroll tax cut for the rest of the year is a non-starter with BOTH parties in congress.    

It's not just "the left" that will block this.  The Republicans in congress are also throwing cold water on it.

(03-11-2020, 06:31 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

What I've been saying for a couple of years now is that for the US to run huge deficits in a time of economic expansion was very dangerous, and now we see why.  Payroll taxes bring in a trillion dollars a year.  We already have a more than trillion dollar deficit.  This is why a payroll tax cut for the rest of the year is a non-starter with BOTH parties in congress.    

It's not just "the left" that will block this.  The Republicans in congress are also throwing cold water on it.

Assuming the opposition was still there when Obama did it?

That extra $40 a month he was touting allowed me to get cheese on my burger.

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2020, 08:31 AM by The Real Marty.)

(03-11-2020, 07:41 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(03-11-2020, 06:31 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: What I've been saying for a couple of years now is that for the US to run huge deficits in a time of economic expansion was very dangerous, and now we see why.  Payroll taxes bring in a trillion dollars a year.  We already have a more than trillion dollar deficit.  This is why a payroll tax cut for the rest of the year is a non-starter with BOTH parties in congress.    

Assuming the opposition was still there when Obama did it?

When Obama did it, we did not already have trillion dollar deficits as far as the eye could see.  And again, it's not "the left" alone that is shooting down the idea of a payroll tax cut.  Republicans had their own meeting yesterday to discuss it, and they themselves expressed some skepticism about it.  

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/trump-cor...39957.html

Some Republicans on Capitol Hill have also expressed hesitation about a payroll tax cut.
  • “Well, I usually love tax cuts, but I think it’s a little premature,” Sen. John Cornyn of Texas told Politico.

• Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina questioned whether the cost of the cut would be more effective if applied to specific sectors of the economy.

• And Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has reportedly made clear in private that he opposes the idea. “McConnell has made clear he ‘detests’ pursuing this particular policy, which would probably add to federal debt and deficits, and he has said many conservative GOP senators share his view,” The Washington Post reported.

Again, Trump has already wasted his deficits.  If he doubles the already huge deficit, then we are facing a major financial crisis to go along with the Coronavirus recession and the oil price crash.  Payroll taxes bring in a trillion dollars a year.  Having a payroll tax holiday that lasts until election day would add hundreds of billions of dollars to our already record-sized deficit.  Then you have to ask yourself, is the cure worse than the disease?

Question: Will the 2020 IRS Tax rates change as well? I'm assuming yes but if not, then I sure as hell don't want the $$ up front only to find out I'll be paying $15,000 in taxes at the end of the year.

I'm surely in favor of it if they adjust the 2020 IRS Tax rates accordingly. It's a good way for high paying workers, who lost most of the money on the stock market (including 401K) to recoup some losses.

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2020, 09:21 AM by The Real Marty.)

(03-11-2020, 09:06 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Question:  Will the 2020 IRS Tax rates change as well?  I'm assuming yes but if not, then I sure as hell don't want the $$ up front only to find out I'll be paying $15,000 in taxes at the end of the year.

I'm surely in favor of it if they adjust the 2020 IRS Tax rates accordingly.  It's a good way for high paying workers, who lost most of the money on the stock market (including 401K) to recoup some losses.

If you are saying that you are willing to blow an even bigger hole in the deficit in order to make up for people's losses in the stock market, I would be totally opposed to that.  It is not the government's job to make up for people's losses in the stock market.

(03-11-2020, 08:28 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-11-2020, 07:41 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Assuming the opposition was still there when Obama did it?

When Obama did it, we did not already have trillion dollar deficits as far as the eye could see.  And again, it's not "the left" alone that is shooting down the idea of a payroll tax cut.  Republicans had their own meeting yesterday to discuss it, and they themselves expressed some skepticism about it.  

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/trump-cor...39957.html

Some Republicans on Capitol Hill have also expressed hesitation about a payroll tax cut.
  • “Well, I usually love tax cuts, but I think it’s a little premature,” Sen. John Cornyn of Texas told Politico.

• Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina questioned whether the cost of the cut would be more effective if applied to specific sectors of the economy.

• And Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has reportedly made clear in private that he opposes the idea. “McConnell has made clear he ‘detests’ pursuing this particular policy, which would probably add to federal debt and deficits, and he has said many conservative GOP senators share his view,” The Washington Post reported.

Again, Trump has already wasted his deficits.  If he doubles the already huge deficit, then we are facing a major financial crisis to go along with the Coronavirus recession and the oil price crash.  Payroll taxes bring in a trillion dollars a year.  Having a payroll tax holiday that lasts until election day would add hundreds of billions of dollars to our already record-sized deficit.  Then you have to ask yourself, is the cure worse than the disease?

When Obama did it, he cut the employee contribution from 6.2% to 4.2%, and left the employer contribution alone.  
Trump's proposing 0 - which is insane if we're comparing it to Obama..
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(03-11-2020, 09:21 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-11-2020, 09:06 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Question:  Will the 2020 IRS Tax rates change as well?  I'm assuming yes but if not, then I sure as hell don't want the $$ up front only to find out I'll be paying $15,000 in taxes at the end of the year.

I'm surely in favor of it if they adjust the 2020 IRS Tax rates accordingly.  It's a good way for high paying workers, who lost most of the money on the stock market (including 401K) to recoup some losses.

If you are saying that you are willing to blow an even bigger hole in the deficit in order to make up for people's losses in the stock market, I would be totally opposed to that.  It is not the government's job to make up for people's losses in the stock market.

Yes, that's what I'm pretty much saying.  At this point in time, I really don't give a [BLEEP] about the deficit as long as whatever bills get passed benefits my personal well being.

There are so many people out there getting free money (e.g. $11 billion/year to farmers that aren't even using their land to farm) that I'm not going to complain if some of the Gov's money ends up in my pocket.  We pay a lot into the system, so why not ....

It's not real money, so don't worry about it. The Fed could decree every debt fully paid tomorrow and then just hand the banks 50 Trillion new dollars so they can start lending again. It's all just notations within a closed system.

(03-11-2020, 10:42 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: It's not real money, so don't worry about it.  The Fed could decree every debt fully paid tomorrow and then just hand the banks 50 Trillion new dollars so they can start lending again.  It's all just notations within a closed system.

Sounds like a plan to me.  Isn't that what they did in Venezuela ? Smile

.... I also heard that bombs could help reduce the deficit as well.

joking aside, I'd honestly wake up to find out that I have an additional $100,000 cash in the bank then find out that our national deficit was reduced by $500 million.

Sorry Dumbocrats. The economy is improving. I know you hate to hear it.

The U.S. economy added 2.51 million jobs in May as the unemployment rate fell to 13.3

Live shot of the Democrats watching the jobs report come out.

[Image: source.gif]

(This post was last modified: 06-05-2020, 01:39 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(06-05-2020, 11:20 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Live shot of the Democrats watching the jobs report come out.

LIVE SHOT AT ME WATCHING THE S&P 500 TODAY (and over the past 45 days)

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e4732bb8157e2421da78b...=giphy.gif]

(06-05-2020, 11:20 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Live shot of the Democrats watching the jobs report come out.

LOL.  I find it ironic that Twitter wants to "fact check" The President but lets liberal rags like the Washington Post tweet fake news.  That gif is probably what their editor looked like this morning.   Laughing

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Dow reclaims 27K, Nasdaq nears record as jobs, economy recover

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/us-s...une-5-2020
Wants to join the "cereal box" dating service. I've dated enough flakes and nuts...all I want is the prize now.
[Image: mds111.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 06-05-2020, 06:06 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Wall Street rallied on Friday, after the monthly jobs report revealed 2.5 million positions were added to the economy last month, the largest monthly gain on record. Economists had predicted 8 million jobs would be lost.

You read that right, largest monthly gain since record keeping became a thing. Trump continues to make history. Truly amazing.

(This post was last modified: 06-26-2020, 08:43 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Personal Income last month (May) only fell by 4.2% instead of the anticipated 6.0%

#Winning

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/26/personal...-2020.html

(06-26-2020, 08:42 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Personal Income last month (May) only fell by 4.2% instead of the anticipated 6.0%

#Winning

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/26/personal...-2020.html

If you get the Mt. Rushmore you dream of, you can count on it continuing to trend in that direction.