Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

Rate drops are not something I celebrate it’s a sign we’re in trouble and they’ve got no more bullets left. If this goes on the fed can literally do nothing else to boost the economy even artificially.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-15-2020, 07:41 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Rate drops are not something I celebrate it’s a sign we’re in trouble and they’ve got no more bullets left. If this goes on the fed can literally do nothing else to boost the economy even artificially.

Weren't the interest rates near 0% Obama's entire 8 year term?

(03-15-2020, 07:47 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(03-15-2020, 07:41 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Rate drops are not something I celebrate it’s a sign we’re in trouble and they’ve got no more bullets left. If this goes on the fed can literally do nothing else to boost the economy even artificially.

Weren't the interest rates near 0% Obama's entire 8 year term?

And the economy was horrible that’s my point it’s not good when we have to drop rates

In other updates Illinois closing all non essential locations in guess that includes retail workers? New York and California doing something similar? Wow

Theres nothing to boost. u can lower rates all u want, that's not going to change the underlying uncertainty over the tangible impact of a lockdown on the economy. were shuttering the non essential parts of the economy. We produce around 400 billion dollars a week in economic activity. A 10% reduction over a 2 month lock down is 320 billion dollars in lost economic activity...

Whelp, time to get ready for a fire sale.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

The last 4 recessions in the US were under Republican governments.

Looks like Trump going to make it 5!

(03-15-2020, 09:25 PM)lastonealive Wrote: The last 4 recessions in the US were under Republican governments.

Can’t lay this at anyone’s feet in my opinion but I know the political forces are going to play it up on both sides.

(03-15-2020, 09:25 PM)lastonealive Wrote: The last 4 recessions in the US were under Republican governments.

Administrations, not governments. Dems controlled the House in 2008 and 2009, as they do today.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2020, 09:35 PM by lastonealive.)

I meant presidents. But fair point.

Think Bernie's healthcare model will likely be more popular in the future too after this crisis.

(03-15-2020, 09:33 PM)lastonealive Wrote: I meant presidents. But fair point.

Think Bernie's healthcare model will likely be more popular in the future too after this crisis.

That's a possibility, but only if we let statists cover up the facts...  again.

Jax city councilman just tested positive

Ugggh
I'll play you in ping pong. 

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2020, 09:47 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(03-15-2020, 09:33 PM)lastonealive Wrote: I meant presidents. But fair point.

Yeah, giving free healthcare to illegals when we are understaffed with not enough hospital beds or tests to handle a virus out break seems like it will be VERY popular

So your main concern is a few immigrants may get a freebie?

People not getting healthcare early enough will be why the US will get this worse than other nations. Need a system based on the public good.

(03-15-2020, 09:51 PM)lastonealive Wrote: So your main concern is a few immigrants may get a freebie?

People not getting healthcare early enough will be why the US will get this worse than other nations. Need a system based on the public good.

Define "a few". How many illegal immigrants are there in the US?

P.S. Good luck finding the number.

Will be curious how we compare to Canada I’m not a fan of socialized medicine but it’ll be a really interesting study of the two types on bordering countries with similar resources

(03-15-2020, 09:53 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(03-15-2020, 09:51 PM)lastonealive Wrote: So your main concern is a few immigrants may get a freebie?

Define "a few". How many illegal immigrants are there in the US?

P.S. Good luck finding the number.

Well you are stuffed in a pandemic then. All these illegals with no access to healthcare will spread it wildly.

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2020, 10:29 PM by JackCity.)

Just a flu!

(03-10-2020, 04:37 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Italy is a good example of what happens when government is in charge of health care.  They only have a population of ~60 million and cover an area roughly the size of Florida and Georgia.  They are unable to handle the number of cases that need hospitalization.

Once again as I have said before, it's not that big of a deal for us in the U.S.  We have the best medical facilities available, the best personnel and we are able to handle this epidemic.  The most danger is to the elderly and people with chronic conditions.

A reasonably healthy 20, 30, 40 or even 50 something person should not be alarmed and should not be forced to stay home just because someone in their building tested positive.

There is no reason to stockpile bottled water, toilet paper or other items because of this (though I have my normal stockpile of beer).

People (fueled by the MSM and social media) act like this is THE plague that will wipe out humanity.

I work around and with people from overseas every day.  In my place of work alone today we had people from Norway, Greece and Spain that just flew in over the weekend.  We take NORMAL precautions to sanitize our equipment between use.  By the end of the week we will have visitors from Chile and New Zealand as well.

If I end up getting this "flu" (which is pretty much the symptoms) I'll just stay home until I get over it.  If I'm only exposed to it I'll "self quarantine" out on my property and enjoy being away from people.

Really people need to stop over-reacting from a non-problem.

This post gets funnier by the day

All Bars, Restaurants Closing in Illinois and Ohio Due to Coronavirus

The coronavirus continues to spread, affecting the government, schools and sports organizations. Now it’s affecting restaurants and bars.

https://ijr.com/illinois-ohio-closing-ba...9885532970
[Image: review.jpg]

(03-15-2020, 11:11 PM)The Drifter Wrote: All Bars, Restaurants Closing in Illinois and Ohio Due to Coronavirus

The coronavirus continues to spread, affecting the government, schools and sports organizations. Now it’s affecting restaurants and bars.

https://ijr.com/illinois-ohio-closing-ba...9885532970

California also.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/48...rants-amid
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.