Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Foles traded to Chicago (merged)

(03-18-2020, 03:41 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(03-05-2020, 09:22 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: If Bortles can fetch a 6th round pick, then surely someone who was SB mvp can get something in return. In reality his contract really isn’t that bad.

Yeah I knew this team could get something for Foles. We literally got a 6th round pick for a guy who can’t throw a football, so I really couldn’t understand anyone who thought we wouldn’t get anything for Nick. 

Just highlights how damn important the QB position is.

Going to be weird seeing Foles with Robinson.

The path not taken.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

[Image: 3ZzB5Tf.png]

(03-18-2020, 01:59 PM)Ronster Wrote: lol... how about them Jags? so stupid...so freaking stupid...

aren't you a Burrs fan now?

(03-18-2020, 01:59 PM)Ronster Wrote: lol... how about them Jags? so stupid...so freaking stupid...

Yeah... totally stupid to unload a bad contract and a bad QB for a draft pick.

(This post was last modified: 03-18-2020, 05:18 PM by Cleatwood.)

Wait.... has no one said it?! Am... am I the first one?!

BOYCOOOOOOOTTTTT

Wow, I am impressed. I thought we would have to GIVE UP a pick to get rid of Foles. Sucks about the cap hit, but what can you do. Lets go Gardner! One last hurrah for the city of Jacksonville.

(03-18-2020, 05:38 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: Wow, I am impressed. I thought we would have to GIVE UP a pick to get rid of Foles. Sucks about the cap hit, but what can you do. Lets go Gardner! One last hurrah for the city of Jacksonville.

Most seem to like the trade except Ronster.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/nic...le-jaguars

https://walterfootball.com/nfltrades.php

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(03-18-2020, 03:16 PM)JagJohn Wrote: Is it just me, or is Dave Caldwell having a [BLEEP] great off-season so far?

Caldwell is back to being himself. For the past three seasons he was handcuffed by Coughlin but his wings are free to fly. I Love what he has done this off season so far.

In Caldwell I Trust.

NH3...
"AZANE"

This was simply a fleecing performed by Dave.

Bravo.

Got rid of another Coughlin screw-up in more ways than one.

(03-18-2020, 01:44 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The picks are moot. You have the same poor coaching staff who can't develop players coaching them and the same dull GM drafting them. This is literally the definition of insanity.

There was no better time to start with a clean slate and fire everyone.

know what? PLUCK IT! CLICK CLACK! BOOOOM!
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Nice.

This will free up tens of millions of dollars in cap room over the next few seasons.

(This post was last modified: 03-18-2020, 07:14 PM by navyjagfan.)

I'm not a Caldwell fan - but this is one hell of a move by the Front Office.  To get rid of Foles AND get a draft pick in return instead of actually giving up something?  I'm impressed.  

Of course, the Jags always win the offseason but lay a turd during the regular season, so we'll see how this plays out.

(This post was last modified: 03-18-2020, 07:20 PM by TheDogCatcher.)

(03-18-2020, 06:00 PM)NH3 Wrote:
(03-18-2020, 03:16 PM)JagJohn Wrote: Is it just me, or is Dave Caldwell having a [BLEEP] great off-season so far?

Caldwell is back to being himself. For the past three seasons he was handcuffed by Coughlin but his wings are free to fly. I Love what he has done this off season so far.

In Caldwell I Trust.

NH3...

I second that motion to trust Caldwell. Dude is subpar at picking coaches and QBs (those are kinda important, I know) but you can do a lot worse than his free-agency acumen, front-loaded contracting, and full body of I think above average drafting (not just the first round work, which has been up and down). If Minshew pans out, that makes up for Bortles. Foles I'm putting more on Coughlin, who likes veteran FAs and QBs.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(03-18-2020, 07:13 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(03-18-2020, 06:00 PM)NH3 Wrote: Caldwell is back to being himself. For the past three seasons he was handcuffed by Coughlin but his wings are free to fly. I Love what he has done this off season so far.

In Caldwell I Trust.

NH3...

I second that motion to trust Caldwell. Dude is subpar at picking coaches and QBs (those are kinda important, I know) but you can do a lot worse than his free-agency acumen, front-loaded contracting, and full body of I think above average drafting (not just the first round work, which has been up and down). If Minshew pans out, that makes up for Bortles. Foles I'm putting more on Coughlin, who likes veteran FAs and QBs.

The Foles decision most likely came from Tom just like choosing Fournette over other players who I won't name because it would piss me off.

I’ve been saying for a few days now but if these moves were done by a new regime, we would be touting them profusely. But because it’s Caldwell, we are just waiting for the dumb decision to come.

It’s also the off season so we are all getting sucked back in and pretty quickly lol

Watch all these moves lead up to a trade up for Herbert.....

Bears fans in dismay lol... They hated giving up a 4th when they thought Foles could be had for a 6th or 7th (rightfully so).

Was just listening to ESPN Chicago on my 90 min drive home from work... 90% of the callers are not a fan of the move. Including a former Bear & a former Jag who are the hosts of radio shows here in Chicago.

Dave always has a great offseason. He wins the offseason every year. Always gets high draft grades and free agent class rankings, then we go 5-11 for the 32nd year in a row.

(03-18-2020, 07:51 PM)High Octane Wrote: Was just listening to ESPN Chicago on my 90 min drive home from work... 90% of the callers are not a fan of the move. Including a former Bear & a former Jag who are the hosts of radio shows here in Chicago.

Jurko?

(03-18-2020, 08:00 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(03-18-2020, 07:51 PM)High Octane Wrote: Was just listening to ESPN Chicago on my 90 min drive home from work... 90% of the callers are not a fan of the move. Including a former Bear & a former Jag who are the hosts of radio shows here in Chicago.

Jurko?

Yup. He mans the 12pm-2pm time slot. Former Bears WR, Tom Waddle mans the 2pm-6pm slot. Both guys/shows are a great listen.

(03-18-2020, 07:10 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: I'm not a Caldwell fan - but this is one hell of a move by the Front Office.  To get rid of Foles AND get a draft pick in return instead of actually giving up something?  I'm impressed.  

Of course, the Jags always win the offseason but lay a turd during the regular season, so we'll see how this plays out.

Losing during the season after winning the offseason is indicative of soft coaches like Bologna Boy and Ice Cream Sprinkles. I think having a very competent offensive coordinator for the first time in ages should really help, however. Hopefully Marrone lets Gruden do whatever he wants and hangs out in the defensive meetings where Wash could use some input.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt