Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(This post was last modified: 03-20-2020, 12:45 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

I just want to be able to go to the store and find food to feed my family. Chicken, Beef... it's all gone. This hoarding mentality is ridiculous.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I have it (at least I am 99.9% sure) and am under self-quarantine.  I started feeling bad this morning with some "burning" in my throat that is causing a dry cough.  I had a mild fever earlier (100 degrees) and a touch of tightness in my chest.  The fever has gone away for now and I have been staying hydrated.  What is interesting is that I still have a good appetite and no other symptoms as far as aches or weakness.

I already had taken today off from work anyway and it looks like I will be home for a couple of weeks.  I was expecting to catch it at some point since my job involves being around a lot of people including foreign nationals in a confined space.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(03-20-2020, 02:08 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I have it (at least I am 99.9% sure) and am under self-quarantine.  I started feeling bad this morning with some "burning" in my throat that is causing a dry cough.  I had a mild fever earlier (100 degrees) and a touch of tightness in my chest.  The fever has gone away for now and I have been staying hydrated.  What is interesting is that I still have a good appetite and no other symptoms as far as aches or weakness.

I already had taken today off from work anyway and it looks like I will be home for a couple of weeks.  I was expecting to catch it at some point since my job involves being around a lot of people including foreign nationals in a confined space.

Hang in there man
I'll play you in ping pong. 

(03-20-2020, 02:13 PM)Gabe Wrote:
(03-20-2020, 02:08 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I have it (at least I am 99.9% sure) and am under self-quarantine.  I started feeling bad this morning with some "burning" in my throat that is causing a dry cough.  I had a mild fever earlier (100 degrees) and a touch of tightness in my chest.  The fever has gone away for now and I have been staying hydrated.  What is interesting is that I still have a good appetite and no other symptoms as far as aches or weakness.

Hang in there man

Thanks.  I'm not really concerned because it's not that bad right now.  I'm in my 50's and reasonably healthy.  I hope you and your bride are doing well.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

My thoughts are with you, jagibelieve.

I've never gotten the sense that the words, "Take it easy," are in your vocabulary, but take it easy, ok?

(03-20-2020, 11:39 AM)TJBender Wrote: Personally, I'm not a fan of having any cranky old senile white guy trying to run the response to a pandemic. Trump's been a disaster and he's lucky to have Fauci and the dynamic trio of McConnell, Pelosi and Mnuchin saving his [BLEEP]. Biden would probably just stand there and shout at things.

I assume this was rather quickly written and it was not your intent to bring race into the discussion, or suggest that it could hinder any individual's abilities.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(03-20-2020, 03:20 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(03-20-2020, 11:39 AM)TJBender Wrote: Personally, I'm not a fan of having any cranky old senile white guy trying to run the response to a pandemic. Trump's been a disaster and he's lucky to have Fauci and the dynamic trio of McConnell, Pelosi and Mnuchin saving his [BLEEP]. Biden would probably just stand there and shout at things.

I assume this was rather quickly written and it was not your intent to bring race into the discussion, or suggest that it could hinder any individual's abilities.

You think I'm saying that a cranky old senile black or Asian guy would be inherently better because they're not white?

Biden and Trump are both cranky, old, senile men of Caucasian descent. That's where the word "white" began and ended. "Cranky old senile" is the important bit.

(03-20-2020, 02:53 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: My thoughts are with you, jagibelieve.

(03-20-2020, 03:11 PM)TJBender Wrote:

I've never gotten the sense that the words, "Take it easy," are in your vocabulary, but take it easy, ok?

Thank you both.  I really do appreciate the well wishes.  It really isn't that bad (for me).  My biggest concern is staying isolated from others, especially those that are more vulnerable.  My wife and I have plenty of supplies in our home so there is really no need for us to go anywhere.  Depending on how I'm feeling tomorrow I may take a ride out to my property in the woods for a while just to get out and get some fresh air.

Interestingly my wife doesn't have any symptoms right now.

(03-20-2020, 03:38 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(03-20-2020, 03:20 PM)Sneakers Wrote: I assume this was rather quickly written and it was not your intent to bring race into the discussion, or suggest that it could hinder any individual's abilities.

You think I'm saying that a cranky old senile black or Asian guy would be inherently better because they're not white?

Biden and Trump are both cranky, old, senile men of Caucasian descent. That's where the word "white" began and ended. "Cranky old senile" is the important bit.

So now Trump is senile? You are so off base today, lol.

Good luck, man. Hopefully it'll be a quick recovery.

Don't take ibuprofen, by the way... I guess. Who knows... everything keeps changing.

(03-20-2020, 03:44 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:

Good luck, man. Hopefully it'll be a quick recovery.

Don't take ibuprofen, by the way... I guess. Who knows... everything keeps changing.

Thanks.  The only things that I have taken besides food is water, orange juice and Gatorade.

That sucks, man.  Get well soon!

Damn. 
Hope it turns out to be some other bug w/ similar symptoms or you just beat the damn thing regardless. 
Do you have any chest expectorant stocked at home?  I'm hearing that it's becoming one of those hoarded items as people begin to anticipate the symptoms and treatments.  Take care of yourself!

Get well soon my friend.

(03-20-2020, 04:09 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Damn. 
Hope it turns out to be some other bug w/ similar symptoms or you just beat the damn thing regardless. 
Do you have any chest expectorant stocked at home?  I'm hearing that it's becoming one of those hoarded items as people begin to anticipate the symptoms and treatments.  Take care of yourself!

Thank you.  No I don't think we have any chest expectorant, though I haven't had the need for it.  Honestly it really isn't that bad (at least for me) at the moment.  I have had a slight up and down fever and just the burning in my throat (feels like I swallowed spicy food).  The burning causes me to cough, but it's a dry cough nothing like fluid in the lungs.  I haven't experienced any difficulty in breathing, but then again I haven't really exerted myself much.  I did have a bit of shortness of breath, but nothing really major.  Really in all honesty I was expecting worse but it's really not that bad.

Again I appreciate the well wishes from folks posting in this thread.  I hesitated to share the fact that I have it (probably) because it is kind of a personal thing, but I figured I would be able to document my symptoms and experience for others.  Besides that, I'm already going stir crazy being cooped up in my home.

Just for the record I am in my 50's and in reasonably good health (no major medical issues).

Good luck.  I hope you feel better soon.  

It's ironic that the more people get this disease and get over it, the closer we are to the end of it. 

So thanks for doing your part for the country!

(03-20-2020, 04:41 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(03-20-2020, 04:09 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Damn. 

Thank you.  No I don't think we have any chest expectorant, though I haven't had the need for it.  Honestly it really isn't that bad (at least for me) at the moment.  I have had a slight up and down fever and just the burning in my throat (feels like I swallowed spicy food).  The burning causes me to cough, but it's a dry cough nothing like fluid in the lungs.  I haven't experienced any difficulty in breathing, but then again I haven't really exerted myself much.  I did have a bit of shortness of breath, but nothing really major.  Really in all honesty I was expecting worse but it's really not that bad.

Again I appreciate the well wishes from folks posting in this thread.  I hesitated to share the fact that I have it (probably) because it is kind of a personal thing, but I figured I would be able to document my symptoms and experience for others.  Besides that, I'm already going stir crazy being cooped up in my home.

Just for the record I am in my 50's and in reasonably good health (no major medical issues).

This is definitely a scary time to start having symptoms.  I would be scared if I was you.  My prayer is that it's not COVID-19 at all but something else that's much less harmful.  Stay isolated and be well!
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(03-20-2020, 05:12 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-20-2020, 04:41 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Thank you.  No I don't think we have any chest expectorant, though I haven't had the need for it.  Honestly it really isn't that bad (at least for me) at the moment.  I have had a slight up and down fever and just the burning in my throat (feels like I swallowed spicy food).  The burning causes me to cough, but it's a dry cough nothing like fluid in the lungs.  I haven't experienced any difficulty in breathing, but then again I haven't really exerted myself much.  I did have a bit of shortness of breath, but nothing really major.  Really in all honesty I was expecting worse but it's really not that bad.

This is definitely a scary time to start having symptoms.  I would be scared if I was you.  My prayer is that it's not COVID-19 at all but something else that's much less harmful.  Stay isolated and be well!

I appreciate your concern, but I am not in the least bit scared or afraid.  The worst thing to do would be to panic.  I am simply resting, eating healthy and staying hydrated.  It's going to pass and I will soon be over it.

A sickness with these exact symptoms has been ripping thru Jax for the last 45 days or so. My wife, neighbors all had it. I never got it somehow but it was a nasty week for them. Not Covid 19 though. If you meet all the requirements you should get tested.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.