Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(03-20-2020, 02:08 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I have it (at least I am 99.9% sure) and am under self-quarantine.  I started feeling bad this morning with some "burning" in my throat that is causing a dry cough.  I had a mild fever earlier (100 degrees) and a touch of tightness in my chest.  The fever has gone away for now and I have been staying hydrated.  What is interesting is that I still have a good appetite and no other symptoms as far as aches or weakness.

I already had taken today off from work anyway and it looks like I will be home for a couple of weeks.  I was expecting to catch it at some point since my job involves being around a lot of people including foreign nationals in a confined space.

Let me agree with Jagwired. The burning throat is the same symptom I had, and still have. It started about two weeks ago and is still here, it fades on and off at times and has never progressed to anything else. I'm almost positive it's not COVID-19. I've had none of the other symptoms that go with the disease, except a throat-clearing cough that is always with me (presumably from post-nasal drip).

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Have you guys gotten tested?

(03-20-2020, 08:33 PM)JackCity Wrote: Have you guys gotten tested?

Most people still can't get tested. Then if you have it, they are just going to tell you to stay at home unless you get worse and need to be in the hospital. You might as well stay at home and as soon as you feel yourself getting worse, go to the hospital. Call them and tell them you are coming so you can get in easily.

Doctors won't see you, so you have to do the online visit. Then hope you can get a magical appointment time and location. Then hope you don't wait in line and miss your time and be sent home without a test.

Just stay home and isolate as much as possible.

It was in the 90s here today with the same forecast for the next week. Curious how this impacts the virus.

(03-20-2020, 08:44 PM)p_rushing Wrote:

Most people still can't get tested. Then if you have it, they are just going to tell you to stay at home unless you get worse and need to be in the hospital. You might as well stay at home and as soon as you feel yourself getting worse, go to the hospital. Call them and tell them you are coming so you can get in easily.

Doctors won't see you, so you have to do the online visit. Then hope you can get a magical appointment time and location. Then hope you don't wait in line and miss your time and be sent home without a test.

I see. Just wondering is there any info on how long you have to be recovered for not to be infectious anymore

(03-20-2020, 08:44 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: It was in the 90s here today with the same forecast for the next week. Curious how this impacts the virus.

Next they will say everyone needs to go sit outside for X hours a day.

(03-20-2020, 08:51 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-20-2020, 08:44 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Most people still can't get tested. Then if you have it, they are just going to tell you to stay at home unless you get worse and need to be in the hospital. You might as well stay at home and as soon as you feel yourself getting worse, go to the hospital. Call them and tell them you are coming so you can get in easily.

I see. Just wondering is there any info on how long you have to be recovered for not to be infectious anymore

I don't think they know. Someone was clear and then tested positive again over 2 weeks later. They have been using 2 weeks or 2 days of back to back clear tests (but you can only get that in a hospital).

(03-20-2020, 08:57 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(03-20-2020, 08:44 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: It was in the 90s here today with the same forecast for the next week. Curious how this impacts the virus.

Next they will say everyone needs to go sit outside for X hours a day.

Actually, sunshine and fresh air was one of the treatments for the 1918 Spanish flu.  This was before antibiotics were available.  They had noticed the virus was worse in cramped quarters with stale air.  So they would open up the treatment tents at both ends for better air circulation, and would move patients into the sun when the weather was good.  Fairly basic but it did help.

I read an article that suggested the rate of transmission halved in 87 degree humid weather compared to 57 degree dry weather (I believe it used Washington's summer average temp vs is winter average temp.

(This post was last modified: 03-20-2020, 11:19 PM by Jaguarmeister.)

I might have it as well but don’t meet the current requirements to be tested. Definitely something camped out in my chest for the past week though along with constantly having to clear my throat. Experienced shortness of breath Monday night and Tuesday morning but not since. The shortness of breath makes me think I might have it because I’ve never experienced that symptom with a cold or flu before. No coughing yet though feels like that’s coming, no fever, a little nausea but otherwise feel normal.

(03-20-2020, 06:08 PM)Jagwired Wrote:
(03-20-2020, 02:08 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I have it (at least I am 99.9% sure) and am under self-quarantine.  I started feeling bad this morning with some "burning" in my throat that is causing a dry cough.  I had a mild fever earlier (100 degrees) and a touch of tightness in my chest.  The fever has gone away for now and I have been staying hydrated.  What is interesting is that I still have a good appetite and no other symptoms as far as aches or weakness.

I already had taken today off from work anyway and it looks like I will be home for a couple of weeks.  I was expecting to catch it at some point since my job involves being around a lot of people including foreign nationals in a confined space.
A sickness with these exact symptoms has been ripping thru Jax for the last 45 days or so. My wife, neighbors all had it. I never got it somehow but it was a nasty week for them. Not Covid 19 though. If you meet all the requirements you should get tested.

Seasonal allergies are raging right now, very similar to the URIs caused by both COVID and the still active seasonal flu.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Here's an absolutely fascinating video.  I had to share it.  It looks at the current situation from a lot of different angles.  If I get the time, I might type up some of the best points in it.  But for anyone that has the time, this video really brings up a ton of points that are not being discussed on a large scale, at least by the government and the media.  Skip ahead to 9:52 when the actual discussion starts.  This video deserves millions of views.  

Warning:  Not for those who are allergic to common sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to8ct7Q5UgQ

(03-21-2020, 12:02 AM)jagfan0728 Wrote: Here's an absolutely fascinating video.  I had to share it.  It looks at the current situation from a lot of different angles.  If I get the time, I might type up some of the best points in it.  But for anyone that has the time, this video really brings up a ton of points that are not being discussed on a large scale, at least by the government and the media.  Skip ahead to 9:52 when the actual discussion starts.  This video deserves millions of views.  

Warning:  Not for those who are allergic to common sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to8ct7Q5UgQ

Got through about 20 mins. Sharp guy.

(03-20-2020, 11:22 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(03-20-2020, 06:08 PM)Jagwired Wrote: A sickness with these exact symptoms has been ripping thru Jax for the last 45 days or so. My wife, neighbors all had it. I never got it somehow but it was a nasty week for them. Not Covid 19 though. If you meet all the requirements you should get tested.

Seasonal allergies are raging right now, very similar to the URIs caused by both COVID and the still active seasonal flu.

This should actually be brought up in a wh briefing.  It's going to be a little while until we push through allergy season and traditional cold flu season to actually get a better look @ this pathogen (and its seasonality).  Right now it's kind of like looking for a needle in a haystack.

(03-20-2020, 07:00 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:

Let me agree with Jagwired. The burning throat is the same symptom I had, and still have. It started about two weeks ago and is still here, it fades on and off at times and has never progressed to anything else. I'm almost positive it's not COVID-19. I've had none of the other symptoms that go with the disease, except a throat-clearing cough that is always with me (presumably from post-nasal drip).

You both could be right since my symptoms have been fairly mild.  The main thing is the burning throat and dry cough.  I have been taking my temperature every couple of hours or so and it varies between 98 and 100.  I haven't had the need to take any over-the-counter medications and I have been able to eat normally and keep myself hydrated.  Depending on how I feel today and tomorrow I may call my doctor on Monday.  I am refraining for now since as I said, my symptoms are mild and I don't want to take my doctor's time away from others that might be more serious.

At this time I don't really meet the criteria to get tested.  Those over 60 or with underlying medical issues have priority right now.  There is no point in me clogging up the system.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Apparently, the biggest threat to serious complication isn't the virus itself, it's the body's immune response over reacting and filling the lungs with fluid.

That's a morbid sense of irony when considering the long term implications of the economic response to the outbreak.

(03-21-2020, 06:38 AM)jj82284 Wrote:
(03-20-2020, 11:22 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Seasonal allergies are raging right now, very similar to the URIs caused by both COVID and the still active seasonal flu.

This should actually be brought up in a wh briefing.  It's going to be a little while until we push through allergy season and traditional cold flu season to actually get a better look @ this pathogen (and its seasonality).  Right now it's kind of like looking for a needle in a haystack.

It's more like looking for 10,000 needles in a stack of 70 million needles.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I'm sure there are some people on this messageboard that have the coronavirus, but I am not really buying into the hype that it's widespread. The last report I saw was that Florida had tested 7,367 people, but only 563 have tested positive. Either a bunch of people have already gotten it and gotten over it, or it's just not as widespread as people are suggesting. We won't know if it's the former or the latter until we get a reliable antibody test. I hope everyone feels better, but I would caution against claiming coronavirus unless you get tested.

Taiwan is an interesting case. In spite of the fact that they have 21 million people on an island 1/5th the size of Florida, plus extensive travel to and from China, especially during the Chinese New Year at the end of January, they have had great success dealing with this virus.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/order-fro...ho-is-mia/

Watched this insider trading Georgia senator try to "get out in front" of it on an interview with Tucker last night. This cannot be swept under the rug. Disgusting.

(03-21-2020, 08:18 AM)Last42min Wrote: I'm sure there are some people on this messageboard that have the coronavirus, but I am not really buying into the hype that it's widespread. The last report I saw was that Florida had tested 7,367 people, but only 563 have tested positive. Either a bunch of people have already gotten it and gotten over it, or it's just not as widespread as people are suggesting. We won't know if it's the former or the latter until we get a reliable antibody test. I hope everyone feels better, but I would caution against claiming coronavirus unless you get tested.

Either way it's good news.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.