Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(03-21-2020, 08:18 AM)Last42min Wrote: I'm sure there are some people on this messageboard that have the coronavirus, but I am not really buying into the hype that it's widespread. The last report I saw was that Florida had tested 7,367 people, but only 563 have tested positive. Either a bunch of people have already gotten it and gotten over it, or it's just not as widespread as people are suggesting. We won't know if it's the former or the latter until we get a reliable antibody test. I hope everyone feels better, but I would caution against claiming coronavirus unless you get tested.

Florida has 563 confirmed cases as of now. And 11 deaths.  Including two deaths in the first coast area. 

There are zero reported recoveries in FL.  That number should tell you that FL is in the very early stages of discovery of positive cases. Most of those 563 cases simply have not been open long enough to report recovery. 

I'd expect that 563 to be 2000 by Monday or Tuesday and to grow from there. 
 Reports I'm getting from friends at local hospitals is that they are already out of masks and re-using them (which limits effectiveness) and they are scheduling  a much higher volume by chest x-rays, many of which are revealing bilateral pneumonia. 

Just my opinion folks. I am in NO way trying to hype this thing. This is strictly my personal take based on conversations with two healthcare workers in local hospitals. Take it with whatever salt you wish. I hope I'm wrong.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Everyone has a friend at the CDC and local hospital these days, and these friends never have good news to share.

(03-21-2020, 09:53 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-21-2020, 08:18 AM)Last42min Wrote: I'm sure there are some people on this messageboard that have the coronavirus, but I am not really buying into the hype that it's widespread. The last report I saw was that Florida had tested 7,367 people, but only 563 have tested positive. Either a bunch of people have already gotten it and gotten over it, or it's just not as widespread as people are suggesting. We won't know if it's the former or the latter until we get a reliable antibody test. I hope everyone feels better, but I would caution against claiming coronavirus unless you get tested.

Either way it's good news.

There's zero chance it will be presented as such.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(03-21-2020, 09:42 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Watched this insider trading Georgia senator try to "get out in front" of it on an interview with Tucker last night. This cannot be swept under the rug. Disgusting.

I've seen a couple interviews where she hides behind some kind of crazy, "I have no idea what's happening with my money," defense. I hope Loeffler and Burr, and Feinstein and anyone else profiting off of inside information about this, go down in orange jumpsuits.

(03-21-2020, 10:14 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Everyone has a friend at the CDC and local hospital these days, and these friends never have good news to share.

I don't know anyone at the CDC. 

Is it strange to know someone that works at a hospital? I think not. 

The news about the masks is everywhere. Not just here.  Hospitals everywhere are in short supply. Multiple facilities are ramping up production, but the supply chain isn't quick enough to meet demand yet. This has all been well reported and documented, so the fact that it's affecting a local hospital is incredibly unsurprising.

(03-21-2020, 10:25 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(03-21-2020, 09:42 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Watched this insider trading Georgia senator try to "get out in front" of it on an interview with Tucker last night. This cannot be swept under the rug. Disgusting.

I've seen a couple interviews where she hides behind some kind of crazy, "I have no idea what's happening with my money," defense. I hope Loeffler and Burr, and Feinstein and anyone else profiting off of inside information about this, go down in orange jumpsuits.

If their money is in a 3rd party blind trust then she's probably right. Not saying that's the case here, but if so then she's right.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I think that this has gotten blown way out of proportion in some aspects, mainly by media (traditional and social) and some of our elected politicians.  Yes this is a serious issue and yes non-essential personnel should probably stay home and quarantine.

With that being said I can only share my experience thus far.  I felt some symptoms early yesterday morning, but I haven't contacted my doctor yet because my symptoms are mild.  There are people far more vulnerable than I am that need access to medical professionals and testing.  I consider myself to be in reasonably good condition health wise and as I said my symptoms are mild.  My going to my doctor or attempting to get tested only takes up resources that are needed by people in worse circumstances than mine.

It is not just the medical aspect of this outbreak, but the financial aspect and no I am not talking about the stock market.  I'm talking about the bartenders, cooks, waitstaff, etc. of many industries that have been forced to shut down.  Unfortunately many people and families can't afford to be out of work for 1 or 2 weeks.  My hope here is that people will learn from this and actually start to save a portion of their income for something like this.  I am fully prepared for my wife and I to be out of work for a couple of weeks, but not everyone can afford to do that.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Latest US totals at the Johns-Hopkins site are:
22,177 confirmed cases
278 deaths
147 recoveries

(FL - 659 confirmed cases - that's an increase of 106 cases since this morning's update)

I got to play bad golf yesterday. Hyde Park is still open and it was slammed.

800 people died in Italy in the past 24 hours. This isn't overblown, its just only starting off in America

Yeah, I think we'll see big numbers daily for a while. Hopefully this thing burns itself out, though.

(03-21-2020, 10:14 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Everyone has a friend at the CDC and local hospital these days, and these friends never have good news to share.

Not really a strange thing to know hospital staff. My cousin and her daughter are both nurses down there in Lake City, and I have a friend who is a nurse at the VA hospital in Lake City and another who works in Gainesville. 

All of them are saying the same thing. A severe shortage of PPE is going to bring down our hospitals and nursing homes if this thing gets out of hand. It's bad when your employer tells you to invest in some scarves to use in lieu of masks.

(03-21-2020, 02:15 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Latest US totals at the Johns-Hopkins site are:
22,177 confirmed cases
278 deaths
147 recoveries

(FL - 659 confirmed cases - that's an increase of 106 cases since this morning's update)

Desantis' refusal to close the beaches and let spring break party on is going to result in Florida being the next NYC ---- luckily, I'm driving up to the suburbs of Pittsburgh for a few weeks to help take care of my aging mom during our work from home option.

STAY SAFE EVERYONE !!

(03-21-2020, 03:57 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(03-21-2020, 02:15 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Latest US totals at the Johns-Hopkins site are:
22,177 confirmed cases
278 deaths
147 recoveries

Desantis' refusal to close the beaches and let spring break party on is going to result in Florida being the next NYC ---- luckily, I'm driving up to the suburbs of Pittsburgh for a few weeks to help take care of my aging mom during our work from home option.

STAY SAFE EVERYONE !!

Beaches are closed here.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(03-21-2020, 03:57 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
22,177 confirmed cases
278 deaths
147 recoveries

STAY SAFE EVERYONE !!
Drive safe man. I’m bracing for impact with my newborn and my wife. Actually we are just watching tons of Netflix and enjoying spending time with the little man lol.

Every time i turn on the news it sounds like the world is burning. But I got everything I need right now. The wife is still on maternity leave and we are ok, so for the time being, I’m going to let everyone else do the worrying for me.

(03-21-2020, 04:33 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(03-21-2020, 03:57 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Desantis' refusal to close the beaches and let spring break party on is going to result in Florida being the next NYC ---- luckily, I'm driving up to the suburbs of Pittsburgh for a few weeks to help take care of my aging mom during our work from home option.

STAY SAFE EVERYONE !!
Drive safe man. I’m bracing for impact with my newborn and my wife. Actually we are just watching tons of Netflix and enjoying spending time with the little man lol.

Every time i turn on the news it sounds like the world is burning. But I got everything I need right now. The wife is still on maternity leave and we are ok, so for the time being, I’m going to let everyone else do the worrying for me.

Congrats on the newborn! Love it when people inject good news into a dreary thread.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

I wonder how many couples are going to get divorced after having to spend 2 weeks alone in their house. Just sayin’. Nothing to see here.

(03-21-2020, 03:23 PM)JackCity Wrote: 800 people died in Italy in the past 24 hours. This isn't overblown, its just only starting off in America

800 out of 60 million...

(03-21-2020, 07:37 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(03-21-2020, 03:23 PM)JackCity Wrote: 800 people died in Italy in the past 24 hours. This isn't overblown, its just only starting off in America

800 out of 60 million...

.0013%.  Freak out.  Or not.  Idk care anymore.  I’m bired off my [BLEEP].  Was supposed to be at Disney this week.