Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(03-22-2020, 07:46 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: What it’s like to get a coronavirus test.

Apparently they need to swab the brain for the virus! Confused Confused
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-22-2020, 08:18 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(03-22-2020, 07:46 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: What it’s like to get a coronavirus test.

Apparently they need to swab the brain for the virus! Confused Confused

Looks like a flu swab. They get pretty deep in there.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(03-22-2020, 12:08 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: One interesting number out of NY today is that of all of the confirmed positive tests in that state, only 13% have been immediately hospitalized.

Minor encouragement there. Obviously that's a number in flux, but...  trying to find silver linings here and there.

The secondary statistics could be revealing.  I'd like to know the composition of the 13% hospitalized and how closely it parallels the positives who are considered high risk due to age or other pre-existing conditions.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Italy is no longer treating patients over 60.

People that are still trivializing this are [BLEEP] idiots. That's my last contribution to this thread. [BLEEP] idiots.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(03-23-2020, 08:37 AM)Rico Wrote: People that are still trivializing this are [BLEEP] idiots.  That's my last contribution to this thread.  [BLEEP] idiots.

Maybe... you lack chutzpah. 

No one is trivializing it. We just refuse to panic over a 1% mortality rate.

(03-23-2020, 08:37 AM)Rico Wrote: People that are still trivializing this are [BLEEP] idiots.  That's my last contribution to this thread.  [BLEEP] idiots.

Pelosi and Schumer? I agree. They are idiots.

We've officially reached the point of too little too late from our federal government's preparedness in my opinion.
Hundreds of hospitals are re-using masks ( a grievous breach of protocol) - many are running out or about to run out of other critical protective equipment. Hot spots are unprepared for the projected numbers of ICU beds and ventilators. State Governors en masse are still saying they've gotten little to no assistance from the federal government regarding PPE and ventilator shortages.

The defense production act should have been put to use long ago, yet it still is being held idle. Enacting it is not enough.
I appreciate the notion of allowing the private sector to function and ramp up production w/o fed interference, but we have now reached a critical point where that supply chain is simply not enough and public health will suffer as a result.

All of this represents a failure to prepare for this pandemic's effect on the citizens of this country. The weeks spent downplaying the threat should have been spent altering production levels and shipment of critical supplies to the anticipated hot spots.

[Image: Screen-Shot-2020-03-23-at-9-26-42-AM.png]Here is the daily increase of cases confirmed in the United States:

Democrats push pork for planned parenthood in their CV bill.

(03-23-2020, 09:31 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Democrats push pork for planned parenthood in their CV bill.

vs. corporate kickbacks. [BLEEP] for Tat. It's naive to think this thing wouldn't be partisan
I'll play you in ping pong. 

(03-23-2020, 09:37 AM)Gabe Wrote:
(03-23-2020, 09:31 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Democrats push pork for planned parenthood in their CV bill.

vs. corporate kickbacks. [BLEEP] for Tat. It's naive to think this thing wouldn't be partisan

Meanwhile, small businesses are closing and bills aren't getting paid.

(03-23-2020, 09:12 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:

Maybe... you lack chutzpah. 

No one is trivializing it. We just refuse to panic over a 1% mortality rate.

1% of the US population is 3,300,000 people.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(03-23-2020, 09:40 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(03-23-2020, 09:37 AM)Gabe Wrote: vs. corporate kickbacks. [BLEEP] for Tat. It's naive to think this thing wouldn't be partisan

Meanwhile, small businesses are closing and bills aren't getting paid.

Which is why it's totally fine to lay bipartisan blame.
I'll play you in ping pong. 

Yeah, it would be pretty ignorant to believe that both parties wouldn’t try to get extra cargo onto the Emergency Big Bucks Choo Choo Train.

Yeah, that is some lame bull [BLEEP]. 

And so are the terms Republicans want for corporate bailouts. We can't bail out several industries while also allowing them to lay-off/terminate millions of Americans who then would not benefit from the bailout as it should be intended. 

If only these knuckleheads could figure out how to act resolutely for the public good in a time like this.

(03-23-2020, 09:53 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Yeah, that is some lame bull [BLEEP]. 

And so are the terms Republicans want for corporate bailouts. We can't bail out several industries while also allowing them to lay-off/terminate millions of Americans who then would not benefit from the bailout as it should be intended. 

If only these knuckleheads could figure out how to act resolutely for the public good in a time like this.

Corporate bailouts are a tricky animal. These corporations create so many jobs its sometimes easy to turn your head to their shady practices. There is no perfect solution, but putting irrelevant fat in these bills at THIS time is unacceptable.

(03-23-2020, 09:58 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(03-23-2020, 09:53 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Yeah, that is some lame bull [BLEEP]. 

Corporate bailouts are a tricky animal. These corporations create so many jobs its sometimes easy to turn your head to their shady practices. There is no perfect solution, but putting irrelevant fat in these bills at THIS time is unacceptable.

If they want government money, they have to keep paying their workers. That's the bare minimum. Keep those people off the unemployment rolls.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(03-23-2020, 10:15 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-23-2020, 09:58 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Corporate bailouts are a tricky animal. These corporations create so many jobs its sometimes easy to turn your head to their shady practices. There is no perfect solution, but putting irrelevant fat in these bills at THIS time is unacceptable.

If they want government money, they have to keep paying their workers. That's the bare minimum. Keep those people off the unemployment rolls.

Sounds perfectly reasonable.

(03-23-2020, 09:58 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(03-23-2020, 09:53 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Yeah, that is some lame bull [BLEEP]. 

(03-23-2020, 10:15 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-23-2020, 09:58 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Corporate bailouts are a tricky animal. These corporations create so many jobs its sometimes easy to turn your head to their shady practices. There is no perfect solution, but putting irrelevant fat in these bills at THIS time is unacceptable.

mikesez I agree with you on that. I think Trump was trying to say that yesterday, but didn't come out directly and say it. He was talking about using the money to buy back stocks, but same thing. Use the money to help your workers and pay the bills. Your GP % can go way down before it kills the business.

They need to defer all monthly bills. If you stop all the required payments for leases, utilities, etc, then you free up money for the workers. The government can then focus more on the land owners and utilities to replace their lost income. There are some simple solutions to these problems, but the government wants to get their pet projects included like always.