Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Head, Heart, Gut draft picks

Haven't seen anyone start this thread yet.

Basically for the 2 first round picks what are your:

Head: Smartest pick/best fit
Heart: The pick you would make/dream pick
Gut: What you feel Jacksonville will actually do.

Head: DT - Brown - Auburn
Heart: LB/S - Simmons - Clemson
Gut: OL - Thomas - Georgia

Head: CB - Henderson - Florida
Heart: WR - Jeudy - Alabama
Gut: DE - Epenesa - Iowa

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-25-2020, 10:56 AM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: Haven't seen anyone start this thread yet.

OK this seems fun.
But could get a little unrealistic with the heart picks.
Head - Brown (Best DL prospect in the draft, big need/BAP match)
Heart - Okudah (Would love for him to somehow slide to us like Ramsey/Allen did)
Gut - Wirfs (if available, if not Brown, essentially best LINE player available on either side)
Head - Josh Jones (Think he's probably the best OL prospect available at 20)
Heart - Jeudy (would love if he was available here)
Gut - Henderson/Diggs (best corner available)

Heart: OT/OG - Wirfs - Iowa
Gut: DT - Brown - Auburn

Gut: CB - Henderson - Florida (via trade up)

Head: DT-Brown-Auburn
Heart: CB-Okudah-Ohio St.
Gut: DT- Brown-Auburn

Head: CB-Henderson-Florida
Heart: WR-Ruggs-Alabama
Gut: CB-Diggs

Head: appropriately valued OL or CB

Heart: same ^

Gut: Trade up for CB at 9 - WR at 20

9:
Head - any of the OTs
Heart - Lamb or Jeudy
Gut - Brown

20:
Head - whoever the #3 cornerback winds up being
Heart - Josh Jones
Gut - whoever the #3 cornerback winds up being

#9:
Head: Jeudy (I realize I'm in the minority on this)
Heart: Okudah
Gut: Brown

#20:
Head: Trade whichever of the LTs fall.
Heart: One of the LTs or top 3 WRs falls to us
Gut: Fulton

#9:
Head: DT Brown
Heart: QB Burrow
Gut: Traded for #3 overall pick for Tua Tagovailoa

#20:
Head: CB Fulton
Heart: WR Ruggs
Gut: Traded for for #3 overall pick for Tua Tagovailoa

(03-25-2020, 10:56 AM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: Haven't seen anyone start this thread yet.

Head: Derrick Brown - DL1T - Auburn
Heart: Isaiah Simmons - Defensive Swiss Army Knife - Clemson
Gut: Andrew Thomas - LT - UGA

Head: Trevon Diggs - CB - Alabama
Heart: Justin Jefferson - WR - LSU
Gut: Trade down with Miami for the 26th pick and 70th pick - Select Solomon Kindley - G - Georgia with the 26th pick
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(03-25-2020, 12:49 PM)Caldrac Wrote:

Gut: Trade down with Miami for the 26th pick and 70th pick - Select Solomon Kindley - G - Georgia with the 26th pick

Solomon Kindly is not predicted to go in the first round, or even near the first round, anywhere. Literally nobody thinks that.

(03-25-2020, 12:49 PM)Caldrac Wrote:

Boy this would just about be the worst possible draft in recent memory.
Thomas at 9 is a reach for me and Kindley in the first is just turrible.

Drafting an OT who isn't great in pass pro and a OG in the first that projects as a backup would leave me speechless. 
You need some probiotics for your gut or something.

Good golly Miss Molly I hope your gut is way wrong lol

(This post was last modified: 03-25-2020, 02:44 PM by Caldrac.)

(03-25-2020, 01:58 PM)JagJohn Wrote:
(03-25-2020, 12:49 PM)Caldrac Wrote: #9

Solomon Kindly is not predicted to go in the first round, or even near the first round, anywhere. Literally nobody thinks that.

(03-25-2020, 02:13 PM)Kane Wrote:
(03-25-2020, 12:49 PM)Caldrac Wrote: #9

Boy this would just about be the worst possible draft in recent memory.

Drafting an OT who isn't great in pass pro and a OG in the first that projects as a backup would leave me speechless. 

I hope my instincts are wrong as well. But my logic behind it is pretty obvious. Doug Marrone was told that he would have more of an input along with Dave Caldwell in the draft process for moving forward. I watch the Bulldogs yearly. And I will be the first one to tell you that I don't think Andrew Thomas will be anybody more than Eugene Monroe at the next level. His pass protection grade was high per PFF because they simply do not pass the football enough to really give him the business in the SEC defensively. 

Solomon Kindley, believe it or not, from what I have seen? He's rated as one of the top 40 overall players in some locations and then low in other places. I have Drafttek and Walterfootball seeing him go all within the top 50. 

The reason I think they would trade down with Miami and reach for Kindley as well? Easy. He's one of the very, very few players this team has met with individually already and that was well before the coronavirus started to spread and limit travel. He's also one of the biggest lineman in the draft and is good at run blocking. He also just so happens to be a local product. He's also very, very scrapy and nasty inside the trenches. 

That's a key indicator for me. That tells me Marrone is interested in him in particular. I would think they would trade up, draft him and replace Cann in fear of him not being there in RD2 for some reason for them to take. And then they look to move Robinson around somewhere along the line. I hope I am wrong. I just have a bad feeling with these two knuckleheads in charge of everything.

Maybe I am wrong. Maybe they'll go Derrick Brown & Trevon Diggs. Cooler heads prevail. Or maybe I am right. And we get lucky and land Isaiah Simmons and Justin Jefferson to add some splash playmakers on both sides of the football. But I really think with Marrone having more insight, the visit with Kindley and Caldwell seemingly invested in Minshew? The more I go back and look at Minshew's highlights and his miscues? You will find yourself saying damn near 9 times out of 10. "Boy, if he just had another second or two there from the pocket".
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(03-25-2020, 02:42 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-25-2020, 01:58 PM)JagJohn Wrote: Solomon Kindly is not predicted to go in the first round, or even near the first round, anywhere. Literally nobody thinks that.

(03-25-2020, 02:13 PM)Kane Wrote: Boy this would just about be the worst possible draft in recent memory.

I hope my instincts are wrong as well. But my logic behind it is pretty obvious. Doug Marrone was told that he would have more of an input along with Dave Caldwell in the draft process for moving forward. I watch the Bulldogs yearly. And I will be the first one to tell you that I don't think Andrew Thomas will be anybody more than Eugene Monroe at the next level. His pass protection grade was high per PFF because they simply do not pass the football enough to really give him the business in the SEC defensively. 

Solomon Kindley, believe it or not, from what I have seen? He's rated as one of the top 40 overall players in some locations and then low in other places. I have Drafttek and Walterfootball seeing him go all within the top 50. 

The reason I think they would trade down with Miami and reach for Kindley as well? Easy. He's one of the very, very few players this team has met with individually already and that was well before the coronavirus started to spread and limit travel. He's also one of the biggest lineman in the draft and is good at run blocking. He also just so happens to be a local product. He's also very, very scrapy and nasty inside the trenches. 

That's a key indicator for me. That tells me Marrone is interested in him in particular. I would think they would trade up, draft him and replace Cann in fear of him not being there in RD2 for some reason for them to take. And then they look to move Robinson around somewhere along the line. I hope I am wrong. I just have a bad feeling with these two knuckleheads in charge of everything.

Maybe I am wrong. Maybe they'll go Derrick Brown & Trevon Diggs. Cooler heads prevail. Or maybe I am right. And we get lucky and land Isaiah Simmons and Justin Jefferson to add some splash playmakers on both sides of the football. But I really think with Marrone having more insight, the visit with Kindley and Caldwell seemingly invested in Minshew? The more I go back and look at Minshew's highlights and his miscues? You will find yourself saying damn near 9 times out of 10. "Boy, if he just had another second or two there from the pocket".

A quick browse of the latest 5 draft boards on fanspeak: Kindley is ranked 175th, 162nd, 279th, 139th and 123rd.

We better not be taking him in the first lol

(03-25-2020, 02:42 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-25-2020, 01:58 PM)JagJohn Wrote: Solomon Kindly is not predicted to go in the first round, or even near the first round, anywhere. Literally nobody thinks that.

(03-25-2020, 02:13 PM)Kane Wrote: Boy this would just about be the worst possible draft in recent memory.

I remember plenty of times Minshew (And Foles for that matter) were not given enough time by our rookie RT or our revolving door RG, or Cam Robinson.
I also remember a few times when rookie Minshew had plenty of time and wasn't seeing the field.
I know the OL must play better than it did last year but I think if they are going to draft for OL they should go Becton or Wirfs early or Thomas or Jones if they slide to 20.
We have enough needs that we can get some value. I'm not discounting OL as a need, just the particular players you suggested and where they are selected.
Would rather wait until round 2 or 3 for a OG not named Wirfs. And I've seen Kindley projected mostly as a 3rd round player but my scope is limited to very few sites.

Both picks-

Head/Heart- Best OL or WR available
Gut- DL (get praise at draft) then we watch Minshew run for his life with no outside help other than Chark... and complain all year they didn’t fix the Oline or get weapons.

(03-25-2020, 04:50 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Both picks-

Head/Heart- Best OL or WR available
Gut- DL (get praise at draft) then we watch Minshew run for his life with no outside help other than Chark... and complain all year they didn’t fix the Oline or get weapons.

Agreed.

#9:

Head: Derrick Brown, Okudah, or Simmons (if any slide)
Heart: Mekhi Becton (next Jonathan Ogden)
Gut: Jedrick Wills (simply b/c he's an SEC player & Dave loves them) or Kinlaw (too high for a project)

#20:

Head: CJ Henderson (if he slides)
Heart: Tee Higgins (next ARob)
Gut: Justin Jefferson (slot receiver in round 1?!)
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

Head: Okudah/Wirfs
Heart: Okudah/Lamb
Gut: Brown

Head: Wirfs at RG
Heart: Brown
Gut: Kinlaw

Head: Kinlaw
Heart: Kinlaw
Gut: Henderson

(This post was last modified: 03-25-2020, 09:07 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Dream first round for me is Brown and Kinlaw. Would love Wirfs and Kinlaw as well