Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ngakoue announces he wants to leave Jaguars

(03-25-2020, 05:38 PM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(03-25-2020, 04:39 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Thinking Ramsey, who is 25 years old, peaked 3 years ago and won’t get back or play better is one of the dumbest takes I’ve heard on this board in a long time. He is TWENTY FIVE. Lol.

I'm not picking up what you are putting down.  Everyone that is critical doubts he will put in the effort to take advantage of his talent.  He has the talent but isn't doing what it would take to be the best.  He is young and talented but is he putting in the effort?  We will see.

I think you guys are pretty mistaken for thinking Ramsey lacks work ethic and drive. He has been, by all accounts since day 1 of college, been extremely devoted to football. He keeps his body in shape year round, he studies tape a lot etc etc so he's not actually "wasting" his talent or not taking advantage of it. S

Now is Ramsey also an [BLEEP] with poor self awareness and a huge ego? (never a good combo). I would say yes, but thats not the same image of a slacker you guys are trying to portray.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-25-2020, 06:18 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-25-2020, 05:38 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: I'm not picking up what you are putting down.  Everyone that is critical doubts he will put in the effort to take advantage of his talent.  He has the talent but isn't doing what it would take to be the best.  He is young and talented but is he putting in the effort?  We will see.

I think you guys are pretty mistaken for thinking Ramsey lacks work ethic and drive. He has been, by all accounts since day 1 of college, been extremely devoted to football. He keeps his body in shape year round, he studies tape a lot etc etc so he's not actually "wasting" his talent or not taking advantage of it. S

Now is Ramsey also an [BLEEP] with poor self awareness and a huge ego? (never a good combo). I would say yes, but thats not the same image of a slacker you guys are trying to portray.

You dont know that, that is all speculation on your part.  The last 2 years he missed training camp and the last 2 years he hasnt been the same player he was in 2017. He says he was working out in Ten. but was he?  We really have no clue. On top of that the guy faked an injury and quit on his team.  Those acts are not what I call a guy that is extremely devoted to football and has a crazy work ethic and drive regardless if he was mad at the organization.  There has been plenty of players in history that was upset with the organization they played for but they didnt fake an injury and quit on their brothers/team.

(03-25-2020, 06:24 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-25-2020, 06:18 PM)JackCity Wrote: I think you guys are pretty mistaken for thinking Ramsey lacks work ethic and drive. He has been, by all accounts since day 1 of college, been extremely devoted to football. He keeps his body in shape year round, he studies tape a lot etc etc so he's not actually "wasting" his talent or not taking advantage of it. S

You dont know that, that is all speculation on your part.  The last 2 years he missed training camp and the last 2 years he hasnt been the same player he was in 2017. He says he was working out in Ten. but was he?  We really have no clue. On top of that the guy faked an injury and quit on his team.  Those acts are not what I call a guy that is extremely devoted to football and has a crazy work ethic and drive regardless if he was mad at the organization.  There has been plenty of players in history that was upset with the organization they played for but they didnt fake an injury and quit on their brothers/team.
Its all speculation that he doesn't actually. There hasn't been any reports he doesn't work hard vs tons saying he does. He's missed training camp time since he got here with a knee injury and a baby being born. 

And you can be very devoted to football and still not want to play for a terrible team + exercising your leverage to force your way out. They aren't actually similar trains of thought. faking an injury isn't because you lack work ethic or drive, its just to help escape from the Jaguars while avoiding losing money, and it worked perfectly

(03-25-2020, 06:24 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-25-2020, 06:18 PM)JackCity Wrote: I think you guys are pretty mistaken for thinking Ramsey lacks work ethic and drive. He has been, by all accounts since day 1 of college, been extremely devoted to football. He keeps his body in shape year round, he studies tape a lot etc etc so he's not actually "wasting" his talent or not taking advantage of it. S

Yes we know he was working out. He didn't drop off physically.

You are correct that Ramsey may not be devoted to football. Physically he hasn't lost anything, but mentally I believe he has. He isn't happy when he isn't winning. At FSU he got beat plenty of times because he just wasn't invested. He is getting paid, so he will continue to play, but I don't think football makes him happy anymore.

I have no doubt Ramsey puts in work physically. I think he suffers when it comes to his ego. He needs to take accountability for when decides to call an audible and it fails. He believes if his gut tells him to do something, he should do it. Sometimes, he's successful. The reality is that he is not trusting his other teammates to do their jobs when he does that. He leaves his teammates high and dry, then passes the buck when they fail to make up for his decision. Additionally, he has a me first mentality. That doesn't mean he doesn't want his team to win. I just think that means, when his team loses, it was them, not him. This is how Ramsey needs to mature. He has all the talent in the world, but he lacks the maturity to know what it is to lead and play disciplined football... not for himself, but for the other players on his team.

(03-25-2020, 06:47 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(03-25-2020, 06:24 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: You dont know that, that is all speculation on your part.  The last 2 years he missed training camp and the last 2 years he hasnt been the same player he was in 2017. He says he was working out in Ten. but was he?  We really have no clue. On top of that the guy faked an injury and quit on his team.  Those acts are not what I call a guy that is extremely devoted to football and has a crazy work ethic and drive regardless if he was mad at the organization.  There has been plenty of players in history that was upset with the organization they played for but they didnt fake an injury and quit on their brothers/team.

You are correct that Ramsey may not be devoted to football. Physically he hasn't lost anything, but mentally I believe he has. He isn't happy when he isn't winning. At FSU he got beat plenty of times because he just wasn't invested. He is getting paid, so he will continue to play, but I don't think football makes him happy anymore.
Gotta love losing right? So fun.

(This post was last modified: 03-25-2020, 07:24 PM by Jags.)

Can’t y’all just get along, hit a bong, play ping pong or share a ding dong while playing Donkey Kong?

(03-25-2020, 06:38 PM)JackCity Wrote: Its all speculation that he doesn't actually. There hasn't been any reports he doesn't work hard vs tons saying he does. He's missed training camp time since he got here with a knee injury and a baby being born. 

And you can be very devoted to football and still not want to play for a terrible team + exercising your leverage to force your way out. They aren't actually similar trains of thought. faking an injury isn't because you lack work ethic or drive, its just to help escape from the Jaguars while avoiding losing money, and it worked perfectly

I get what you are trying to say about wanting to leave a bad situation. If he had simply refused to play and received no pay, I would agree with you. At that point he is essentially on strike.

To fake an injury, still collect a check, and completely make a mockery of the situation after the fact is gross. It made me personally root against him for the remaining years of his career.

He clearly has a flawed work ethic at best and in my opinion has some sort of narcissistic issues. I can’t help but think he won’t stick in LA and will not realize his full potential.

Yanns pissed off his thread got high jacked. He has become so insignificant that his thread is about Sweet Jalen. Buuuwwwaaaa!!!
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(03-25-2020, 04:08 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(03-25-2020, 08:56 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: The dude simply needs to get his head together 

Like I said, what's wrong can't be fixed...

LOL
I can't rule out you being right about that.  He's still young though...

Ramsey: "Ouch, my back, I can't play"

He can go to hell, but we'll keep the 2 first rounders, OK?

At least Yann never did that.

I would no pay Ramsey $20 million a year either.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(03-25-2020, 07:15 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-25-2020, 06:47 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Yes we know he was working out. He didn't drop off physically.

Gotta love losing right? So fun.

I'd rather lose without Ramsey than lose with him.  He's good, talented, and overrated...and a loathsome person.  Everyone's welcome to be his fan if they want.  But I'd just as soon never see his name on the Home Team board again.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(03-25-2020, 07:50 PM)anonymous2112 Wrote: Ramsey: "Ouch, my back, I can't play"

He can go to hell, but we'll keep the 2 first rounders, OK?

At least Yann never did that.

The day is still young...

(This post was last modified: 03-25-2020, 09:01 PM by JackCity.)

(03-25-2020, 07:35 PM)rufftime Wrote:
(03-25-2020, 06:38 PM)JackCity Wrote: Its all speculation that he doesn't actually. There hasn't been any reports he doesn't work hard vs tons saying he does. He's missed training camp time since he got here with a knee injury and a baby being born. 

I get what you are trying to say about wanting to leave a bad situation.  If he had simply refused to play and received no pay, I would agree with you.  At that point he is essentially on strike.

To fake an injury, still collect a check, and completely make a mockery of the situation after the fact is gross.  It made me personally root against him for the remaining years of his career.

He clearly has a flawed work ethic at best and in my opinion has some sort of narcissistic issues.  I can’t help but think he won’t stick in LA and will not realize his full potential.

It's a business. Teams lie and cut players whenever they please, Jalen lied to help him save money and get off the team. 

Again, that's not a work ethic issue nor does it have anything to do with his preparation for games and practice (listen to pretty much any coach talk about seriously Jalen practices). 

If you want to argue he is a narcissistic you can be my guest, or that he's unlikable, that's fine. But it's just not really a lack of effort type deal

(03-25-2020, 06:47 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(03-25-2020, 06:24 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: You dont know that, that is all speculation on your part.  The last 2 years he missed training camp and the last 2 years he hasnt been the same player he was in 2017. He says he was working out in Ten. but was he?  We really have no clue. On top of that the guy faked an injury and quit on his team.  Those acts are not what I call a guy that is extremely devoted to football and has a crazy work ethic and drive regardless if he was mad at the organization.  There has been plenty of players in history that was upset with the organization they played for but they didnt fake an injury and quit on their brothers/team.

He very rarely got beat at FSU at corner. He allowed less yards and catches than pretty much every big name corner in his class, so no he didn't get beat plenty of times due to lack of focus.

(03-25-2020, 08:59 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-25-2020, 07:35 PM)rufftime Wrote: I get what you are trying to say about wanting to leave a bad situation.  If he had simply refused to play and received no pay, I would agree with you.  At that point he is essentially on strike.

To fake an injury, still collect a check, and completely make a mockery of the situation after the fact is gross.  It made me personally root against him for the remaining years of his career.

He clearly has a flawed work ethic at best and in my opinion has some sort of narcissistic issues.  I can’t help but think he won’t stick in LA and will not realize his full potential.

It's a business. Teams lie and cut players whenever they please, Jalen lied to help him save money and get off the team. 

Again, that's not a work ethic issue nor does it have anything to do with his preparation for games and practice (listen to pretty much any coach talk about seriously Jalen practices). 

If you want to argue he is a narcissistic you can be my guest, or that he's unlikable, that's fine. But it's just not really a lack of effort type deal

If a player loves the game as much as you claim he does.  That player would do whatever it took to be out there and play on game day.  He would take care of the buisness side of things after the game he loved to play so much. Im not buying it that he loves the game anymore than the guy next to him.

(03-25-2020, 09:04 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-25-2020, 08:59 PM)JackCity Wrote: It's a business. Teams lie and cut players whenever they please, Jalen lied to help him save money and get off the team. 

If a player loves the game as much as you claim he does.  That player would do whatever it took to be out there and play on game day.  He would take care of the buisness side of things after the game he loved to play so much. Im not buying it that he loves the game anymore than the guy next to him.

You can love your job and still make business choices that better your situation personally. Doesn't mean you don't work hard or don't like doing what you do

(03-25-2020, 08:59 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-25-2020, 07:35 PM)rufftime Wrote: I get what you are trying to say about wanting to leave a bad situation.  If he had simply refused to play and received no pay, I would agree with you.  At that point he is essentially on strike.

(03-25-2020, 06:47 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Yes we know he was working out. He didn't drop off physically.

He very rarely got beat at FSU at corner. He allowed less yards and catches than pretty much every big name corner in his class, so no he didn't get beat plenty of times due to lack of focus.

For the WR quality, he got beat more than he should have. Same thing with him getting beat as a Jags player, usually due to focus.

(03-25-2020, 10:55 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(03-25-2020, 08:59 PM)JackCity Wrote: It's a business. Teams lie and cut players whenever they please, Jalen lied to help him save money and get off the team. 

For the WR quality, he got beat more than he should have. Same thing with him getting beat as a Jags player, usually due to focus.

Yeah I didn't see that all on his college tape. Feel free to link to all of the numerous plays though.

(This post was last modified: 03-25-2020, 11:24 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-25-2020, 11:13 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-25-2020, 10:55 PM)p_rushing Wrote: For the WR quality, he got beat more than he should have. Same thing with him getting beat as a Jags player, usually due to focus.

Yeah I didn't see that all on his college tape. Feel free to link to all of the numerous plays though.

I decided to take a look and pulled up Ramsey vs Miami.  What do you know typical Ramsey at the 1:55 mark. It didnt take long lol

https://youtu.be/RS7GShQR7Yk