Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(This post was last modified: 03-26-2020, 08:32 AM by TrivialPursuit.)

So what you're saying is you have zero clue how logistics work? Basically how it works for you... democrats good, republicans bad - no matter what.

Just like your comment about the GA Governor trying to please his "rural" base. Can you make your distaste of others any more apparent?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

April 26 numbers:

US total cases: 69,197
UD deaths: 1,046

FL cases: 1,977
FL deaths: 23

GA cases: 1387
deaths: 47

Early unemployment claim numbers from labor department:
Well over 3 million

(03-26-2020, 08:31 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: So what you're saying is you have zero clue how logistics work?

Explain it to me.

(03-26-2020, 08:31 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: So what you're saying is you have zero clue how logistics work? Basically how it works for you... democrats good, republicans bad - no matter what.

Just like your comment about the GA Governor trying to please his "rural" base. Can you make your distaste of others any more apparent?

You have confused my comments with someone else's apparently. 

My only distaste - which I've made abundantly clear - is a distaste for millions of masks sitting in a warehouse somewhere while healthcare workers desperately need them and risk their lives and the lives of their loved ones because they don't have those masks.

(This post was last modified: 03-26-2020, 08:44 AM by EricC85.)

Moms in isolation some Worker came to her clinic sick and they’re waiting on test results. You’d think someone in the medical field would Know better?
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

This Virus is pretty weird so far. It's not just taking down older people and people with preexisting conditions. They're linking it now to blood types. Apparently Type A blood types are more likely to catch the worse of the virus symptom and sickness wise. And then 0 types are somewhat in the clear. Does anybody believe this is all inked to 5G though? And I am asking honestly.

Not putting a tin foil hat on or anything but they said 5G originated in Wuhan and then the 2nd biggest place it was rolled out in was apparently Italy? Is their any validity to this? I still think it's wet market related. But I have also heard plenty of cases against 5G going back for nearly two years now with people measuring it's effects and fearing the negatives it may have on people in general.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(03-26-2020, 08:38 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-26-2020, 08:31 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: So what you're saying is you have zero clue how logistics work? Basically how it works for you... democrats good, republicans bad - no matter what.

You have confused my comments with someone else's apparently. 

My only distaste - which I've made abundantly clear - is a distaste for millions of masks sitting in a warehouse somewhere while healthcare workers desperately need them and risk their lives and the lives of their loved ones because they don't have those masks.

what warehouse.  Where is this warehouse?

(03-26-2020, 09:02 AM)jj82284 Wrote:
(03-26-2020, 08:38 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: You have confused my comments with someone else's apparently. 

It doesn't matter. 

The PPE - wherever it may be currently - is NOT arriving at hospitals where it is desperately needed. This is the issue. Not it's point of origin.  

The daily briefs claim that millions and millions of masks have been freed up from federal stock and have been collected from other entities.  Yet they aren't reaching the people that need them with any urgency. 

Is this the nineteenth time I've said this? Feels like it.

(03-26-2020, 08:23 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-26-2020, 03:26 AM)jj82284 Wrote: To my knowledge, Fema has it's own method of distribution.  When they load up materials for transport those are delivered by federal transport not private sector.  If they were private sector, then they would have tracking.  Ron DeSantis lamented the fact that as private consumers we have a greater amount of tracking capability for our products from amazon than he does waiting on stockpiles of PPE from fema.

Most if not all problems right now are based on scarcity of supply.  Theres not 30k ventilators earmarked for NY state and just sitting out on a delivery bay waiting for the UPS guy.  They dont exist yet.  

And you dont need to invoke the defense production act to load product on a military plane, truck etc.  

Also, I'm not sure where u get the idea that military logistics and supply is a panacea.  When Trump took office we were running short of AMMO, soldiers were chronically beseeching their families for toiletries etc.  Look at the VA.  

NY right now is testing more people on a per capital basis than any place in the world.  Under the current design of our test that puts an inordinate burn rate on PPE.  That's going to be best eased by the new self swab tests that will allow patients to collect their own samples. Seal them in a bag and then have hc  workers handle them with gloves.  The current doctrine of burning so much material to prove 93% (72% in ny) of all test subjects DONT have COVID 19 is actually very inefficient.

Distribution is more of an issue for PPE (especially masks) than production. This is a fact and you are trying to sweep it under the rug. 

And feel free to elaborate on this FEMA distribution that's "to your knowledge." 

The facts are that the legislation calls for the federal government to aid distribution and it isn't happening. 

Please tell me how incredibly logistically difficult it would be for our military to use planes and trucks to move federally supplied or federally collected PPE to airports or distribution centers as near their final destination as possible. I'd love to hear why that's so impossible. 
Panacea?  Are you joking? We're talking about a dozen or so planes and maybe 40 trucks. Just enough to alleviate the most clogged arteries in the private sector supply chain. Oh, what a strain that would place on our military's capabilities. Please.

Every day that these doctors, nurses, techs, and employees expose themselves repeatedly to this virus because they are under-equipped - it is going to ultimately cost lives. That's unacceptable. Asking for a common sense measure to prevent it , THAT IS PROVIDED FOR IN THE LETTER OF THE LAW TRUMP ENACTED, seems like the most basic sensible request.
And you somehow think it's too much.

Three days later, the state got everything it wanted.
Other states had only tiny slivers of their requests fulfilled, including some that had asked for them earlier than Florida. Oregon and Oklahoma received only about 10%; New Jersey got less than 6%.
This disparity has not been lost on the states that feel shortchanged in their requests from the Strategic National Stockpile, a trove of supplies managed by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Officials fear that hospitals will be overwhelmed by far more patients than they can safely treat if the current pace of infections continues. This month, officials estimated that if the outbreak lasts a year, the U.S. could need 3.5 billion of the N95 masks that protect health care workers. The national stockpile had only 12 million N95 masks and 30 million surgical masks on hand when the crisis began.

Distribution of the strategic reserve is being managed DIRECTLY by HHS.  There is not a PALOT OF PPE sitting in a warehouse waiting on the UPS GUY.  We are at a TRIAGE LEVEL OF SUPPLY BECAUSE THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE.  

"It must be the private sector..."  Heck, i say we give bezos another billion and let him take care of it.  I have minute by minute status on every package i order.  

(03-26-2020, 09:10 AM)jj82284 Wrote:
(03-26-2020, 08:23 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Distribution is more of an issue for PPE (especially masks) than production. This is a fact and you are trying to sweep it under the rug. 

And feel free to elaborate on this FEMA distribution that's "to your knowledge." 

The facts are that the legislation calls for the federal government to aid distribution and it isn't happening. 

Please tell me how incredibly logistically difficult it would be for our military to use planes and trucks to move federally supplied or federally collected PPE to airports or distribution centers as near their final destination as possible. I'd love to hear why that's so impossible. 
Panacea?  Are you joking? We're talking about a dozen or so planes and maybe 40 trucks. Just enough to alleviate the most clogged arteries in the private sector supply chain. Oh, what a strain that would place on our military's capabilities. Please.

Every day that these doctors, nurses, techs, and employees expose themselves repeatedly to this virus because they are under-equipped - it is going to ultimately cost lives. That's unacceptable. Asking for a common sense measure to prevent it , THAT IS PROVIDED FOR IN THE LETTER OF THE LAW TRUMP ENACTED, seems like the most basic sensible request.

Other states had only tiny slivers of their requests fulfilled, including some that had asked for them earlier than Florida. Oregon and Oklahoma received only about 10%; New Jersey got less than 6%.
This disparity has not been lost on the states that feel shortchanged in their requests from the Strategic National Stockpile, a trove of supplies managed by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Officials fear that hospitals will be overwhelmed by far more patients than they can safely treat if the current pace of infections continues. This month, officials estimated that if the outbreak lasts a year, the U.S. could need 3.5 billion of the N95 masks that protect health care workers. The national stockpile had only 12 million N95 masks and 30 million surgical masks on hand when the crisis began.

Distribution of the strategic reserve is being managed DIRECTLY by HHS.  There is not a PALOT OF PPE sitting in a warehouse waiting on the UPS GUY.  We are at a TRIAGE LEVEL OF SUPPLY BECAUSE THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE.  

"It must be the private sector..."  Heck, i say we give bezos another billion and let him take care of it.  I have minute by minute status on every package i order.  

What is the source of this random quote and why does it contradict the briefings from the POTUS?

How does it contradict the briefings?

(03-26-2020, 08:51 AM)Caldrac Wrote: This Virus is pretty weird so far. It's not just taking down older people and people with preexisting conditions. They're linking it now to blood types. Apparently Type A blood types are more likely to catch the worse of the virus symptom and sickness wise. And then 0 types are somewhat in the clear. Does anybody believe this is all inked to 5G though? And I am asking honestly.

Not putting a tin foil hat on or anything but they said 5G originated in Wuhan and then the 2nd biggest place it was rolled out in was apparently Italy? Is their any validity to this? I still think it's wet market related. But I have also heard plenty of cases against 5G going back for nearly two years now with people measuring it's effects and fearing the negatives it may have on people in general.

My theory is that Italy caught hell because of the number of tourists they have coming in and out of the country, especially Chinese tourists.  Also the lifestyle they have, which is very socially interactive.  They go shopping in the produce markets daily.  They don't sit at home like we do.

(03-26-2020, 09:51 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-26-2020, 08:51 AM)Caldrac Wrote: This Virus is pretty weird so far. It's not just taking down older people and people with preexisting conditions. They're linking it now to blood types. Apparently Type A blood types are more likely to catch the worse of the virus symptom and sickness wise. And then 0 types are somewhat in the clear. Does anybody believe this is all inked to 5G though? And I am asking honestly.

My theory is that Italy caught hell because of the number of tourists they have coming in and out of the country, especially Chinese tourists.  Also the lifestyle they have, which is very socially interactive.  They go shopping in the produce markets daily.  They don't sit at home like we do.

That's exactly what I said to my wife. It's not that big of a country neither. It's about twice the size of Florida. But yet they have over 60 million people living in it compared to 18 million people living in Florida. And then you have Rome and Milan with a good portion of people crammed on top of each other. And like you said. The tourism there and the lifestyle that they have just make it a natural bed for a virus to quickly spread.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(03-26-2020, 08:38 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: You have confused my comments with someone else's apparently. 

It's in the same warehouse with all the Charmin.

It has nothing to do with 5G. COVID is not radiation sickness, it's a virus, just like hundreds and thousands of others around us all the time.

https://www.cnet.com/news/no-5g-didnt-ca...-pandemic/
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(03-26-2020, 09:10 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-26-2020, 09:02 AM)jj82284 Wrote: what warehouse.  Where is this warehouse?

It doesn't matter. 

The PPE - wherever it may be currently - is NOT arriving at hospitals where it is desperately needed. This is the issue. Not it's point of origin.  

The daily briefs claim that millions and millions of masks have been freed up from federal stock and have been collected from other entities.  Yet they aren't reaching the people that need them with any urgency. 

Is this the nineteenth time I've said this? Feels like it.

They are shipping millions.  It is urgent.  @ current med is greater than supply.  There is no magic 1 billion n95 mask button in the DPA.

(03-26-2020, 09:10 AM)jj82284 Wrote:
(03-26-2020, 08:23 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Distribution is more of an issue for PPE (especially masks) than production. This is a fact and you are trying to sweep it under the rug. 

NYC's concern is that a hospital where the virus isn't rampant yet has a huge stockpile of masks and won't share with the hospitals where the virus is rampant and the workers have run out of masks.  Heck, it might not even be a hospital.  Medical supply contractors might be stockpiling.  We have no way to know.  There are many, many unaccountable players in US medical supply, and most of them are used to living fat.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(03-26-2020, 11:20 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-26-2020, 09:10 AM)jj82284 Wrote: Three days later, the state got everything it wanted.

NYC's concern is that a hospital where the virus isn't rampant yet has a huge stockpile of masks and won't share with the hospitals where the virus is rampant and the workers have run out of masks.  Heck, it might not even be a hospital.  Medical supply contractors might be stockpiling.  We have no way to know.  There are many, many unaccountable players in US medical supply, and most of them are used to living fat.

We have instructed DOJ to prosecute contractors and middle men hoarding inordinate supplies (under theDPA)

(03-26-2020, 08:23 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-26-2020, 03:26 AM)jj82284 Wrote: To my knowledge, Fema has it's own method of distribution.  When they load up materials for transport those are delivered by federal transport not private sector.  If they were private sector, then they would have tracking.  Ron DeSantis lamented the fact that as private consumers we have a greater amount of tracking capability for our products from amazon than he does waiting on stockpiles of PPE from fema.

Most if not all problems right now are based on scarcity of supply.  Theres not 30k ventilators earmarked for NY state and just sitting out on a delivery bay waiting for the UPS guy.  They dont exist yet.  

And you dont need to invoke the defense production act to load product on a military plane, truck etc.  

Also, I'm not sure where u get the idea that military logistics and supply is a panacea.  When Trump took office we were running short of AMMO, soldiers were chronically beseeching their families for toiletries etc.  Look at the VA.  

NY right now is testing more people on a per capital basis than any place in the world.  Under the current design of our test that puts an inordinate burn rate on PPE.  That's going to be best eased by the new self swab tests that will allow patients to collect their own samples. Seal them in a bag and then have hc  workers handle them with gloves.  The current doctrine of burning so much material to prove 93% (72% in ny) of all test subjects DONT have COVID 19 is actually very inefficient.

Distribution is more of an issue for PPE (especially masks) than production. This is a fact and you are trying to sweep it under the rug. 

I understand your concern and it is valid.  That is assuming that there are stockpiles sitting in a warehouse somewhere waiting to be shipped.  I don't know that for a fact.  I also don't know for a fact that the private supply/transport system is over-burdened at this point.

To answer your question regarding using available military means to move supplies, it is possible and I assume that there probably is a plan in place should something like that be needed.  I am only speculating that at this point it is unnecessary to activate military assets for such a thing.

Again I understand your point and your concern, but without all of the facts it's impossible to say whether or not the President is or is not doing the right thing.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Haven't you seen Raiders of the Lost Ark?

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Surpassing Italy today in case count...likely China by the end of the week, if not sooner.
I'll play you in ping pong. 

(03-26-2020, 02:52 PM)Gabe Wrote: Surpassing Italy today in case count...likely China by the end of the week, if not sooner.

This is actually somewhat good news.  It means that even in worst case scenarios, the peak is weeks not months away and the idea that the only limit on exponential growth is as y approaches the total population was a little premature.  

Ny has the deepest viral penetration in the country and their day on day hospitalization rates show a glimmer of slowing.  

In the UK, imperial college now projects they will have enough ICU beds and projects total deaths at around 8 to 10 % of the original doomsday projections.