Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Diablo IV

https://youtu.be/7RdDpqCmjb4

https://youtu.be/9bRWIdOMfro

Looks like they're trying to return to their bloody roots this time around. Hope it delivers.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Diablo 2 was probably my favorite game growing up. Got D3 when it came out, but only played it for a month or so. Just couldn’t get into it. I like the direction this one is headed so far!

I heard a lot about the Diablo games, but never got into them for whatever reason. That trailer looked good.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I still remember asking my friends to let my modem call their modem so we could raid Diablo 1 dungeons together. When Diablo 2 came out, I had a dorm building LAN at my disposal, but, somehow it just wasn't as fun. Little voice saying, "shouldn't you be studying or meeting women" that wasn't there before... But we actually got to the end of Diablo 2 because we didn't have parents and siblings telling us to quit hogging the phone line...
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(03-29-2020, 04:14 PM)Jags239 Wrote: Diablo 2 was probably my favorite game growing up. Got D3 when it came out, but only played it for a month or so. Just couldn’t get into it. I like the direction this one is headed so far!

It was one of mine as well. Right up there with Final Fantasy Tactics and Everquest Online Adventures. 

(04-20-2020, 08:33 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I heard a lot about the Diablo games, but never got into them for whatever reason.  That trailer looked good.

It's not for everybody. A bit of a dungeon crawler but it has a lot of great depth and lore to get you interested into the story. This is by far the best trailer they've ever put together and it looks promising. The third installment got away from it's roots, it's bloody roots. The colors were a little too bright and vibrant for a game that was artistically trying to depict what Hell would and should look like. 

(04-24-2020, 08:45 PM)mikesez Wrote: I still remember asking my friends to let my modem call their modem so we could raid Diablo 1 dungeons together.  When Diablo 2 came out, I had a dorm building LAN at my disposal, but, somehow it just wasn't as fun.  Little voice saying, "shouldn't you be studying or meeting women" that wasn't there before... But we actually got to the end of Diablo 2 because we didn't have parents and siblings telling us to quit hogging the phone line...

My first experience with Diablo was with my father. He came home on his lunch break one summer and I think he had gone out to EB games at the Avenues Mall and picked up the PS1 port of it. We were able to share the screen together. Was pretty fun being about 7, 8 years old playing with him. Friendly Fire wasn't an option back then. You could kill each other easily. LOL. 

Thankfully my Dad had patience and I caught on rather quickly. There's only a handful of other games like Diablo that I have enjoyed over the years. Everquest's Champions of Norrath was a great alternative. Especially for co-op. The Dreamcast had Record of Lodoss War. I also got into Baldur's Gate for a minute and recently I have tried my hand at Divinity II on the PS4. 

Those games have really good lore as well but none of them can capture the essence of what I feel the genre should look and feel like game play wise like Diablo. Hopefully this 4th installment doesn't let the community down. 

Artistically it already appears they've listened though and have gone back to their basics for inspiration.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!