Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
EDGE K'Lavon Chaisson

(This post was last modified: 04-01-2020, 03:11 PM by knarnn.)

Should he be in consideration at pick 20 or earlier? He fits the mold the Jags look for at rusher and considering Yan is probably on the way out would fill a huge need. Not to mention he seems to be a fan. 

https://twitter.com/aaronwilson_nfl/stat...75266?s=21

Scouting report for those who aren’t familiar:

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/k'lavon-ch...501912b1a9
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-01-2020, 03:40 PM by MikePete54.)

Depends on who will be available at 20, but I would be happy with him at 20.

I've seen people comparing him to Aldon Smith, he is that kind of guy but without the off the field issues.

The next Arden Key

I wouldn't take him round 1 with his red flags but won't be surprised if they do

(04-01-2020, 04:05 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The next Arden Key

Thats a name I havent heard in awhile. For every 5 Key's there's a Frank Clark though. Gotta find the Clark amongst the Key's

(04-01-2020, 04:29 PM)JackCity Wrote: I wouldn't take him round 1 with his red flags but won't be surprised if they do

His red flags? He tore his ACL, but that's it. Regarded very highly off the field and is only 20

Don’t read to much into him wearing a Jags Jersey. He also has videos of him working out in Raven’s gear. A lot of these guys probably just get a ton of NFL gear to work out in.

(04-01-2020, 05:42 PM)ColoJag Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 04:29 PM)JackCity Wrote: I wouldn't take him round 1 with his red flags but won't be surprised if they do

His red flags? He tore his ACL, but that's it. Regarded very highly off the field and is only 20

Yeah he didnt produce much, super inconsistent and very poor length, all red flags for a first round pass rusher , even if clearly talented

(04-01-2020, 05:53 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 05:42 PM)ColoJag Wrote: His red flags? He tore his ACL, but that's it. Regarded very highly off the field and is only 20

Yeah he didnt produce much, super inconsistent and very poor length, all red flags for a first round pass rusher , even if clearly talented

Those aren't red flags, red flags are non draftable qualities ala Washington Tackle or legal cases(more than gross-matos level, yet that is talked about a bit in my community).

(04-01-2020, 07:34 PM)ColoJag Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 05:53 PM)JackCity Wrote: Yeah he didnt produce much, super inconsistent and very poor length, all red flags for a first round pass rusher , even if clearly talented

Those aren't red flags, red flags are non draftable qualities ala Washington Tackle or legal cases(more than gross-matos level, yet that is talked about a bit in my community).

Thats just semantics. I can "red flag" anything I deem might be a barrier to the player at the next level, doesn't have to be in a strict scouting code of non draftable qualities like injury or character. Fournette had "red flags" on the field coming out, ones in which he's displayed in the NFL and its hindered his sucess

(04-01-2020, 10:49 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 07:34 PM)ColoJag Wrote: Those aren't red flags, red flags are non draftable qualities ala Washington Tackle or legal cases(more than gross-matos level, yet that is talked about a bit in my community).

Thats just semantics. I can "red flag" anything I deem might be a barrier to the player at the next level, doesn't have to be in a strict scouting code of non draftable qualities like injury or character. Fournette had "red flags" on the field coming out, ones in which he's displayed in the NFL and its hindered his sucess

Ok......just saying how it works for NFL teams...wasn't my opinion

(04-02-2020, 06:02 AM)ColoJag Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 10:49 PM)JackCity Wrote: Thats just semantics. I can "red flag" anything I deem might be a barrier to the player at the next level, doesn't have to be in a strict scouting code of non draftable qualities like injury or character. Fournette had "red flags" on the field coming out, ones in which he's displayed in the NFL and its hindered his sucess

Ok......just saying how it works for NFL teams...wasn't my opinion

I'm aware. Thankfully the term is quite common in the scouting community to use discussing draft prospects on field traits that worry people too

https://twitter.com/dpbrugler/status/829...35650?s=19

I wouldn't take him. I think he's this years Vic Beasely. He's got speed and explosion but no pass rush moves (no very violent with his hands, no swim, club, bull rush) He does good work on stunts as long as he's not touched. But to me he's going to be a guy that gets overdrafted because of his athleticism.

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2020, 08:53 AM by ColoJag.)

(04-02-2020, 07:43 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(04-02-2020, 06:02 AM)ColoJag Wrote: Ok......just saying how it works for NFL teams...wasn't my opinion

I'm aware. Thankfully the term is quite common in the scouting community to use discussing draft prospects on field traits that worry people too

It's used differently in the actual scouting community though,when GMs ask for your reports it starts with actual red flags. People on twitter can build a scouting report however they want to, the NFL has a rubric. It's very old school and by the book, not saying it's right, it's just how it is done for teams. It's very systematic.

(04-02-2020, 08:43 AM)ColoJag Wrote:
(04-02-2020, 07:43 AM)JackCity Wrote: I'm aware. Thankfully the term is quite common in the scouting community to use discussing draft prospects on field traits that worry people too

It's used differently in the actual scouting community though,when GMs ask for your reports it starts with actual red flags. People on twitter can build a scouting report however they want to, the NFL has a rubric. It's very old school and by the book, not saying it's right, it's just how it is done for teams. It's very systematic.

Dude, I'm very aware of how the process works. I'm not building a scouting report for an NFL team, so i'll continue to use "red flags" as I please like many others do, I know you work in football but it really doesn't matter how people use "red flags" as its a term that exists outside of scouting too

(04-02-2020, 08:59 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(04-02-2020, 08:43 AM)ColoJag Wrote: It's used differently in the actual scouting community though,when GMs ask for your reports it starts with actual red flags. People on twitter can build a scouting report however they want to, the NFL has a rubric. It's very old school and by the book, not saying it's right, it's just how it is done for teams. It's very systematic.

Dude, I'm very aware of how the process works. I'm not building a scouting report for an NFL team, so i'll continue to use "red flags" as I please like many others do, I know you work in football but it really doesn't matter how people use "red flags" as its a term that exists outside of scouting too

I don't like your attitude!

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2020, 10:52 AM by knarnn.)

(04-02-2020, 08:32 AM)JAllen#41 Wrote: I wouldn't take him.  I think he's this years Vic Beasely.  He's got speed and explosion but no pass rush moves (no very violent with his hands, no swim, club, bull rush)  He does good work on stunts as long as he's not touched.  But to me he's going to be a guy that gets overdrafted because of his athleticism.

I’m a bit confused. Those are literally his strengths:

Quote: Strengths
  • Wears the 18 jersey, given to high-character leader

• Good lower-body thickness for a longer frame

• Smart player on and off the field

• Very quick laterally and up the field off snap

• Tremendously agile and flexible

• Has two-hand swipe and rapid inside-spin counter

• Hides play-side shoulder, dips and elongates around the corner for wins

• Inside counters are low, smooth and dangerous

• Converts speed to power with long-arm bull-rush

• Consistently hits quarterback on T/E twists

• Range to disrupt the mesh-point against zone-read

• Easy change-of-direction talent to chase in all directions

The video helps illustrate that.

https://twitter.com/coachbtjordan/status...51651?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2020, 12:10 PM by JAllen#41.)

(04-02-2020, 10:52 AM)knarnn Wrote:
(04-02-2020, 08:32 AM)JAllen#41 Wrote: I wouldn't take him.  I think he's this years Vic Beasely.  He's got speed and explosion but no pass rush moves (no very violent with his hands, no swim, club, bull rush)  He does good work on stunts as long as he's not touched.  But to me he's going to be a guy that gets overdrafted because of his athleticism.

I’m a bit confused. Those are literally his strengths:

Quote: Strengths
  • Wears the 18 jersey, given to high-character leader

• Good lower-body thickness for a longer frame

• Smart player on and off the field

• Very quick laterally and up the field off snap

• Tremendously agile and flexible

• Has two-hand swipe and rapid inside-spin counter

• Hides play-side shoulder, dips and elongates around the corner for wins

• Inside counters are low, smooth and dangerous

• Converts speed to power with long-arm bull-rush
  • Consistently hits quarterback on T/E twists

• Range to disrupt the mesh-point against zone-read

• Easy change-of-direction talent to chase in all directions
[*]

The video helps illustrate that.

https://twitter.com/coachbtjordan/status...51651?s=21
[*]

When looking at the ENTIRE game I get a different picture.  I see a guy who flashes but also a guy that gets stonewalled ALOT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_conti...e=emb_logo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyx3DkKS...e=emb_logo

Watch every snap of him in both of the games above.  Yes he's very athletic and twitchy, but I see more problems than I see elite pass rusher.  Let me say it this way, I don't see Josh Allen here.  I don't even see Yan here.  I see a raw guy, ala, Vic Beasley, who's going to need some time to develop IF he does. He's a guy that has all of the athletic tools, but looks like he's just now developing a move set with counters. I'm not saying he won't be a superstar in the league, I think he's the definition of Boom/Bust pick and with that, I would not take him at 20 or at 9. If he falls to round 2, I'd take him then, but I'm not taking him at 9 or 20. Nope, not doing it.

He's very raw, only played football for 4 years. He has the physical ability and has flashed sometimes, but definitely a high risk high reward pick.

Bump for obvious reasons