Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: How does the Ngakoue situation play out?
This poll is closed.
Ngakoue gets traded before the season starts
15.82%
25 15.82%
Ngakoue gets traded after the season starts but doesn't play for Jags prior
15.19%
24 15.19%
Ngakoue plays for Jags until being traded prior to deadline
12.66%
20 12.66%
Ngakoue signs a long term deal to and plays for the Jags
6.96%
11 6.96%
Ngakoue plays for the Jags on the tag this year
35.44%
56 35.44%
blank #2
3.16%
5 3.16%
corn
10.76%
17 10.76%
Total 158 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Yannick Ngakoue (threads merged)

(04-10-2020, 07:13 AM)nhiverson Wrote:
(04-09-2020, 07:57 PM)Upper Wrote: I would try not to give up the 3rd either, but Okudah is so good I might bend and do it.

He is no Ramsey i dont understan dont get me wrong hes gonna be good but hes not all time great right when he first steps on the field.
(04-09-2020, 07:58 PM)fredalwaysajag Wrote: We'll give u our 1st, 3rd and Yannick AndGawkAnyway for your 1st... Wudda ya think?

Yeah too much. I hope they get a first and not give up our first at all.

He's a better corner than Ramsey was coming out.  Not quite the athlete though

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Just the fact that Okudah is not a narcissist, makes him a much better fit for the team than the quitter.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

(04-10-2020, 10:40 AM)Upper Wrote:
(04-10-2020, 07:13 AM)nhiverson Wrote: He is no Ramsey

He might be better. Ramsey didn't play zone well and wasn't that much of a playmaker. Not to mention the diva on steroids attitude.

Okudah is more versatile and the only real knock in comparison to Ramsey is that Ramsey is an elite tackler for the position and Okudah is merely good.

No way. There are a couple of other excellent CBs, one of whom will probably be available even at pick 20. The difference between Okudah and (say) Henderson (who we could get at #9) isn't worth the value we give up in trading Ngakoue for that difference, much less having to throw in a 3rd.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(04-10-2020, 11:02 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(04-10-2020, 10:40 AM)Upper Wrote: He might be better. Ramsey didn't play zone well and wasn't that much of a playmaker. Not to mention the diva on steroids attitude.

Okudah is more versatile and the only real knock in comparison to Ramsey is that Ramsey is an elite tackler for the position and Okudah is merely good.

No way. There are a couple of other excellent CBs, one of whom will probably be available even at pick 20. The difference between Okudah and (say) Henderson (who we could get at #9) isn't worth the value we give up in trading Ngakoue for that difference, much less having to throw in a 3rd.

Okudah and Henderson are pretty equal when it comes to man coverage, both are great. Okudah destroys him when it comes to playing zone, and Henderson is one of the worst tacklers I've ever seen. There is a deservedly sizeable gap between the two.

(04-10-2020, 12:16 PM)Upper Wrote:
(04-10-2020, 11:02 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:

Okudah and Henderson are pretty equal when it comes to man coverage, both are great. Okudah destroys him when it comes to playing zone, and Henderson is one of the worst tacklers I've ever seen. There is a deservedly sizeable gap between the two.

A 3rd plus Ngakoue-sized gap?

There's also Arnette, Diggs, and Fulton who can probably be had at 20.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2020, 02:15 PM by Newton.)

Just take best available cb in round 2. If an elite corner was the main element  in the formula to a winning team, then the rams would have been in the playoffs last year.

We need to go all in on making sure minshew has some tools to work with. If minshew flames out, then the whole regime is over assuredly with no plan B. Get that man some weapons and let him wreck the league. Even if we are losing, If we are scoring it will be a lot more fun than what we have seen the last two seasons. Defense can then be plugged with free agents more easily the following season.

WHY isnt there any news?!?! Im dying over here for another dumb tweet from Yannick or more trade speculation

what a selfish bum, pure cancer

(04-10-2020, 06:17 PM)Eric1 Wrote: https://twitter.com/YannickNgakoue/statu...6634242050

(04-10-2020, 06:33 PM)TearExtractor Wrote: what a selfish bum, pure cancer

Doesn't he know that schools are still giving out lunches every day? I guess someone told him he needed to tweet something about helping people right now.

(This post was last modified: 04-11-2020, 12:17 AM by Eric1.)

(04-10-2020, 07:27 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(04-10-2020, 06:17 PM)Eric1 Wrote: https://twitter.com/YannickNgakoue/statu...6634242050

Doesn't he know that schools are still giving out lunches every day? I guess someone told him he needed to tweet something about helping people right now.

You're so pathetic and mad it's just comedy at this point.  Laughing Imagine being such a P.O.S that you're actually trying your hardest to be mad/negative at his tweet  Laughing

But if you actually think/believe every single school across the entire United States is giving out free lunches still, then you're beyond clueless and lost kid.

(04-10-2020, 07:27 PM)p_rushing Wrote:

Folks are really taking Yannick not wanting to play for their team personally

(04-11-2020, 12:15 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(04-10-2020, 07:27 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Doesn't he know that schools are still giving out lunches every day? I guess someone told him he needed to tweet something about helping people right now.

You're so pathetic and mad it's just comedy at this point.  Laughing Imagine being such a P.O.S that you're actually trying your hardest to be mad/negative at his tweet  Laughing

But if you actually think/believe every single school across the entire United States is giving out free lunches still, then you're beyond clueless and lost kid.

This is a ponzi scheme formed by Yan to get more money, its the only thing he cares about. Kids dont even eat food anyway. Just more cryptic dumb tweets from Yan that gets me soo angry. 

[Image: LMea2rf.gif]

Shouldn't have kids if can't feed them.

Schools were continuing free lunch programs and handing out Breakfast and Lunch packages here in DFW area. Unfortunately the lunch staff got COVID at the normal spread rate so they had to suspend it. You can debate his intentions but the food banks are being squeezed hard. 70% of food bank participation is from first time people. No one could be prepared for a month of no work because the Govenor's and Local Judges ruled that everything is shut down.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

I thought Yawn couldn't take care of his own family? Ninja
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(04-11-2020, 12:15 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(04-10-2020, 07:27 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Doesn't he know that schools are still giving out lunches every day? I guess someone told him he needed to tweet something about helping people right now.

Schools have to provide food, even now. It was a joke because he probably wrote his own tweet and doesn't know what he is talking about. He thinks because schools are closed that it makes him sound more caring.

The timing is just way to coincidental after he goes on tv and gets flack for his interview.

The entire fandom of NFL crucified Yan because of what he said on tv. He made comments so negative and vile that I wont even repeat them here. This is his pathetic way to win back some love, and its painfully obvious with the timing. Covid19??? Get outta here, its just a strong chinese flu and 100% not the reason for him doing this.

(04-11-2020, 04:03 PM)TearExtractor Wrote: The entire fandom of NFL crucified Yan because of what he said on tv. He made comments so negative and vile that I wont even repeat them here.  This is his pathetic way to win back some love, and its painfully obvious with the timing. Covid19??? Get outta here, its just a strong chinese flu and 100% not the reason for him doing this.

I guess I missed what he said on TV.

If he stays, can’t wait to see some of you flip so quick lol