Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(04-16-2020, 10:03 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(04-16-2020, 08:06 PM)mikesez Wrote: They weren't choices.
I copied a text from a news report of what happened in North Carolina, and highlighted that one of the verbs was something legal in California, and another of the verbs was something that is illegal everywhere.
I wasn't asking you to choose between two things.

In any case, any kind of shenanigans with absentee ballots are easy to spot before they become significant in scale. think about how many doors you have to knock on or mailboxes you have to open to mess with a thousand mail in votes. The first three people you ask, might be friendly and go along with your schemes. The fourth person you ask might tell you to get the hell off their porch and then place a call to the supervisor of elections.

[Image: 4428829744b2e169e3617df0ec6d0feba4f27d72...pg?w=800&h]

"you can't reason Larry the cable guy out of a position that he wasn't reasoned into."
-Jonathan Swift, paraphrased
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-16-2020, 06:21 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(04-16-2020, 06:01 PM)Gabe Wrote: The widespread voter fraud is alarming, I'll admit.

/s

Presumably you don't believe it.

There's no way of knowing how many foreigners voted in California, but several have admitted doing so. It could be millions. There was also massive mail-in ballot fraud in a race in North Carolina, and the vote had to be redone.

The original purpose of the secret ballot was to prevent the buying* of votes. Mail-in ballots get around that. Even if you don't believe there has been "widespread voter fraud" so far, this opens up a whole new frontier.

*Or coercion. I could just as well have written "give me your signed mail-in ballot to fill out or I'll kill your cat."
Are you referring to this? 

https://www.npr.org/2019/07/30/746800630...llot-fraud
I'll play you in ping pong. 

(04-17-2020, 02:46 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/artic...ssion=true

Poor fellas.

that's sarcasm correct?

Wuhan death toll doubles quickly. I guess they didn't have it under control like our MSM propaganda machine led us to believe.

(This post was last modified: 04-17-2020, 08:39 AM by Gabe.)

(04-16-2020, 10:28 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote:
(04-16-2020, 08:05 PM)Gabe Wrote: Just Claiming fraud simply doesn't make it so. 

Show me evidence.

No thanks, Gabe.  I'm tired of playing the game where you pretend you want to learn something. 
You consistently demonstrate that you don't, won't or can't.

The burden of evidence of "widespread voter fraud" is on the accuser. Sorry BLT. Until you and our dear leader decide to stop making claims you can't back up, I will absolutely never believe a word you type unless verified with factual evidence. But go ahead and carry on with your usual tripe.

(04-17-2020, 07:17 AM)jj82284 Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 02:46 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/artic...ssion=true

Poor fellas.

that's sarcasm correct?

I picked up on it

(04-16-2020, 06:49 PM)Jags Wrote: Yeah, you’re the guy not from around here aren’t ya?  The Aussie?  

The way I see it, despite the fraud and antics the general population has their head on straight.

He's not an Aussie, He's a Pommy. The country he brags upon isn't even his own.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 04-17-2020, 09:42 AM by lastonealive.)

(04-17-2020, 09:05 AM)Jagwired Wrote:
(04-16-2020, 06:49 PM)Jags Wrote: Yeah, you’re the guy not from around here aren’t ya?  The Aussie?  

The way I see it, despite the fraud and antics the general population has their head on straight.

He's not an Aussie, He's a Pommy. The country he brags upon isn't even his own.

Imagine being able to complement another country for doing something better and not feel all insecure about it.

Australia has done a good job in preventing a total crisis. As have many other countries. US and UK are not amongst them. Testing was a disaster and both their leaders tried to downplay it and left looking silly

Boris was even boasting about handshaking still just before nearly dying

(This post was last modified: 04-17-2020, 10:40 AM by Byron LeftTown.)

(04-17-2020, 08:38 AM)Gabe Wrote:
(04-16-2020, 10:28 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: No thanks, Gabe.  I'm tired of playing the game where you pretend you want to learn something. 
You consistently demonstrate that you don't, won't or can't.

The burden of evidence of "widespread voter fraud" is on the accuser. Sorry BLT. Until you and our dear leader decide to stop making claims you can't back up, I will absolutely never believe a word you type unless verified with factual evidence. But go ahead and carry on with your usual tripe.

You are the only one saying I can't back up my claims.  What claims?  I made a statement about the number of precincts in the US. 
I also asked you 2 specific questions, which you ignored. 
If you were interested at all in voter fraud, you would have spent the 4 seconds it took me to find the "factual evidence" you crave. 
One reputable site listed 1102 criminal convictions with details of each case. 
Go forth and educate yourself.  I doubt you'll bother.

(04-17-2020, 10:39 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 08:38 AM)Gabe Wrote: The burden of evidence of "widespread voter fraud" is on the accuser. Sorry BLT. Until you and our dear leader decide to stop making claims you can't back up, I will absolutely never believe a word you type unless verified with factual evidence. But go ahead and carry on with your usual tripe.

You are the only one saying I can't back up my claims.  What claims?  I made a statement about the number of precincts in the US. 
If you were interested at all in voter fraud, you would have spent the 4 seconds it took me to find the "factual evidence" you crave. 

1102 is not a significant number for the discussion. Usually the winner of an election gets tens and hundreds of thousands more votes than the next runner up.
Voter fraud is a crime, and we are punishing it.
Because we are punishing it, it happens rarely.
Because it happens rarely, we can trust the outcomes of our elections.

(04-17-2020, 10:55 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 10:39 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: You are the only one saying I can't back up my claims.  What claims?  I made a statement about the number of precincts in the US. 

1102 is not a significant number for the discussion. Usually the winner of an election gets tens and hundreds of thousands more votes than the next runner up.

We test for voter fraud like we test for COVID-19. We find it when we look for it, but we don't look very hard because the results challenge the narrative.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 04-17-2020, 11:53 AM by Gabe.)

(04-17-2020, 10:39 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 08:38 AM)Gabe Wrote: The burden of evidence of "widespread voter fraud" is on the accuser. Sorry BLT. Until you and our dear leader decide to stop making claims you can't back up, I will absolutely never believe a word you type unless verified with factual evidence. But go ahead and carry on with your usual tripe.

Your in-depth questions don't make any difference to what I originally inferred: that unless I'm informed of "widespread voter fraud" as Trump and the MSM would have me believe, I'm going to be in the position of being sarcastic about how seemingly damaging it is to our election process - especially when the GOP feels so threatened by the allowance of mail-in ballots. Empty and/or anecdotal claims will not change that fact.    

Heritage gives great info and hey, I appreciate you looking into it. 1102 convictions across all precincts in all 50 states since 1979 is absolutely NOT widespread, nor a significant threat to our election process.

(04-17-2020, 11:43 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 10:55 AM)mikesez Wrote: 1102 is not a significant number for the discussion. Usually the winner of an election gets tens and hundreds of thousands more votes than the next runner up.

We test for voter fraud like we test for COVID-19. We find it when we look for it, but we don't look very hard because the results challenge the narrative.

People who think like you got a free hand to prove that hypothesis, and they failed.  

https://apnews.com/f5f6a73b2af546ee97816bb35e82c18d

(04-17-2020, 12:04 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 11:43 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: We test for voter fraud like we test for COVID-19. We find it when we look for it, but we don't look very hard because the results challenge the narrative.

People who think like you got a free hand to prove that hypothesis, and they failed.  

“The plural of anecdote is not data."  

That's a pretty funny line.  

(04-17-2020, 12:22 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 12:04 PM)mikesez Wrote: People who think like you got a free hand to prove that hypothesis, and they failed.  

“The plural of anecdote is not data."  

That's a pretty funny line.  

Anecdotes can become data when they are all carefully collected the same way and checked, but, that's not what this commission did.

(04-17-2020, 09:41 AM)lastonealive Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 09:05 AM)Jagwired Wrote: He's not an Aussie, He's a Pommy. The country he brags upon isn't even his own.

Imagine being able to complement another country for doing something better and not feel all insecure about it.

Australia has done a good job in preventing a total crisis. As have many other countries. US and UK are not amongst them. Testing was a disaster and both their leaders tried to downplay it and left looking silly

Boris was even boasting about handshaking still just before nearly dying

Population the size of texas on 10x the land mass....

STATISTS

(04-17-2020, 12:04 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 11:43 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: We test for voter fraud like we test for COVID-19. We find it when we look for it, but we don't look very hard because the results challenge the narrative.

Yes, yes, we should certainly believe the foxes who are content to guard the hen house.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-17-2020, 11:51 AM)Gabe Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 10:39 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: You are the only one saying I can't back up my claims.  What claims?  I made a statement about the number of precincts in the US. 

Your in-depth questions don't make any difference to what I originally inferred: that unless I'm informed of "widespread voter fraud" as Trump and the MSM would have me believe, I'm going to be in the position of being sarcastic about how seemingly damaging it is to our election process - especially when the GOP feels so threatened by the allowance of mail-in ballots. Empty and/or anecdotal claims will not change that fact.    

Heritage gives great info and hey, I appreciate you looking into it. 1102 convictions across all precincts in all 50 states since 1979 is absolutely NOT widespread, nor a significant threat to our election process.

Like I predicted, you didn't bother learning anything.  Nor do you seem capable of extrapolating.  Bye.

(This post was last modified: 04-17-2020, 01:20 PM by Gabe.)

(04-17-2020, 12:52 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 11:51 AM)Gabe Wrote: Your in-depth questions don't make any difference to what I originally inferred: that unless I'm informed of "widespread voter fraud" as Trump and the MSM would have me believe, I'm going to be in the position of being sarcastic about how seemingly damaging it is to our election process - especially when the GOP feels so threatened by the allowance of mail-in ballots. Empty and/or anecdotal claims will not change that fact.    

Like I predicted, you didn't bother learning anything.  Nor do you seem capable of extrapolating.  Bye.

Living in a bubble is fun, right? The echoes always confirm what you want to hear.

How far should I extrapolate .6% of all precincts impacted by voter fraud over a 41 year period for this to be considered an evidence-based widespread problem?

(04-14-2020, 05:54 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(04-14-2020, 05:33 PM)Gabe Wrote: Sorry, JIB - the pessimist in me is deafened from the outrage that would be coming from the right had Obama said something even remotely similar. I know his administration has been working with governors.

Trump is careless with his rhetoric at the absolute wrong time. Take, for example, his recent comparison of himself to Cpt. Bligh. 25,000 Americans are dead.

No big deal.  The President has simply taken steps to point out how wrong the media is.  He has taken steps to point out how biased and wrong they are.  He has done that in spite (or despite?) how the left wing media "reports" what he says and does.  Is that "careless rhetoric"?

Come on Gabe, you are better than that.

JIB, this is what I mean by (continued) careless rhetoric. 
https://twitter.com/MollyJongFast/status...0121864196