Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

LIBERATE [insert swing state here]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-17-2020, 02:18 PM by Jags.)

Better than Biden’s tweet.  He tweeted:
LIBERACE MINI SODA POP

(04-17-2020, 02:14 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: LIBERATE [insert swing state here]

Yup.
I'll play you in ping pong. 

(04-17-2020, 01:34 PM)Gabe Wrote:
(04-14-2020, 05:54 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: No big deal.  The President has simply taken steps to point out how wrong the media is.  He has taken steps to point out how biased and wrong they are.  He has done that in spite (or despite?) how the left wing media "reports" what he says and does.  Is that "careless rhetoric"?

Come on Gabe, you are better than that.

JIB, this is what I mean by (continued) careless rhetoric. 
https://twitter.com/MollyJongFast/status...0121864196

Careless or truthful? Those states have governments overstepping their lawful authority.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(04-17-2020, 02:14 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: LIBERATE [insert swing state here]

Here, take my freedom. Protect me dear government from the dangers of...myself. You know better. Also, please pass partisan laws behind closed doors. We love surprises! Furthermore, we hate any outdoor recreation, especially after 5 months of [BLEEP] winter weather. We promise to obey and put up portraits of our dear leader (governors). We will sing praises of all that you have allowed us to cherish. All in the name of the kung fu flu. P.S. Please implement mail in ballots early and with zero form of security/authenticity.

(04-17-2020, 03:09 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 01:34 PM)Gabe Wrote: JIB, this is what I mean by (continued) careless rhetoric. 

Careless or truthful? Those states have governments overstepping their lawful authority.

Careless.
I'll play you in ping pong. 

(This post was last modified: 04-17-2020, 03:50 PM by The Real Marty.)

(04-17-2020, 03:09 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 01:34 PM)Gabe Wrote: JIB, this is what I mean by (continued) careless rhetoric. 

It's hard to tell what side Trump is on, though.  Is he in favor of social distancing and shutting down non-essential businesses, as he has been up to now, or is he on the side of the people protesting against those measures?  

Trump seems to be encouraging people to protest against the very stuff he has recommended.  What the heck is he in favor of, anyway?  It's hard to tell from these tweets.  Are we supposed to stay home or not?

(This post was last modified: 04-17-2020, 05:02 PM by B2hibry.)

(04-17-2020, 03:48 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 03:09 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Careless or truthful? Those states have governments overstepping their lawful authority.

It's hard to tell what side Trump is on, though.  Is he in favor of social distancing and shutting down non-essential businesses, as he has been up to now, or is he on the side of the people protesting against those measures?  

Trump seems to be encouraging people to protest against the very stuff he has recommended.  What the heck is he in favor of, anyway?  It's hard to tell from these tweets.  Are we supposed to stay home or not?

He is for the protesting. It isn’t whether you should stay at home or not. Go read the nonsensical and arbitrary rules for those individual state “stay at home” orders and you’ll have your answer. In addition, Virginia passed gun laws in the dark of the night that couldn’t pass in session just a few months ago.

(04-17-2020, 03:45 PM)Gabe Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 03:09 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Careless or truthful? Those states have governments overstepping their lawful authority.

Careless.

Disheartening to see folks take liberties for granted.

(04-17-2020, 01:34 PM)Gabe Wrote:
(04-14-2020, 05:54 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: No big deal.  The President has simply taken steps to point out how wrong the media is.  He has taken steps to point out how biased and wrong they are.  He has done that in spite (or despite?) how the left wing media "reports" what he says and does.  Is that "careless rhetoric"?

Come on Gabe, you are better than that.

JIB, this is what I mean by (continued) careless rhetoric. 

What is so careless about it?

Virginia - just passed a law that goes against our 2nd amendment right.  What is the actual definition of an "assault weapon"?  Why limit the purchase of handguns to just one per month?  The real disturbing part of their legislation is the "red flag law".  It's all an infringement on our 2nd amendment right.

Michigan - Governor is imposing un-reasonable rules not only affecting people, but business as well.  Why should businesses currently operating be banned from selling building materials, gardening materials or other things?  Why is it acceptable to use the waterways in a kayak or canoe, but not a boat with a motor?  There are many other examples, but the point is the Governor has gone too far by imposing draconian measures.

I will admit that I don't really know anything about Minnesota, but I imagine it's something similar to Michigan.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

You guys heading to the beach? Looks like everyone is heading back there....

The thing is, some states and governors have gone beyond what is really necessary.  Why should a hair salon be shut down when measures and practices could be put in place to ensure social distancing and hygiene?  Why should a "normal store" say a shoe store be closed down when there is a means for people to practice social distancing and hygiene?  Why ban the sale or purchase of home improvement products or gardening products (something people would be doing in their own space)?  Some (not all) governors have taken this too far and it's really starting to anger the people.

Who exactly deems what is "essential" and what is not?

The bottom line is the general public has been informed and know what the consequences are for their actions.  It's not the government's job to determine what we can buy or sell.  It's not the government's job to tell us what we can and cannot do (ie., use a motor boat, go hiking in a national park, play with our children in a park, have family or friends over).

I'm by no means trying to minimize the risk, I'm just pointing out how slowly government at all levels is slowly taking away our rights.  I personally don't want to be around a bunch of people and I keep my distance.  I wash my hands frequently and use hand sanitizer when soap and water are not available.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(04-17-2020, 06:21 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: You guys heading to the beach? Looks like everyone is heading back there....

Not me.  Never really cared to go to the beach before all of this started.

(This post was last modified: 04-17-2020, 06:31 PM by Jags.)

(04-17-2020, 06:26 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 06:21 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: You guys heading to the beach? Looks like everyone is heading back there....

Not me.  Never really cared to go to the beach before all of this started.

Unless you’re that kind of person, the beach sucks.  I can spend 15-20 there and be satisfied.  Let me see the sunrise and the waves a bit.     After that...nah.

(04-17-2020, 06:30 PM)Jags Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 06:26 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Not me.  Never really cared to go to the beach before all of this started.

Unless you’re that kind of person, the beach sucks.  I can spend 15-20 there and be satisfied.  Let me see the sunrise and the waves a bit.     After that...nah.

..... how did we go all the way to October of 2015 and the name Jags was still not taken?!
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 04-17-2020, 07:26 PM by Jags.)

(04-17-2020, 07:01 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 06:30 PM)Jags Wrote: Unless you’re that kind of person, the beach sucks.  I can spend 15-20 there and be satisfied.  Let me see the sunrise and the waves a bit.     After that...nah.

..... how did we go all the way to October of 2015 and the name Jags was still not taken?!

Honestly, I’ve no clue.  But hey, I’ll take it.  Perhaps I’m a step ahead of the rest? Yeah, let’s go with that!  Glad to make your acquaintance! 

I am a transplant.  So perhaps there is a touch of that going on.  I’ve called them the Jags way before it was cool.  Or maybe I called them the Jags and it became cool. Whatever floats my ego.  

As much as I hole heartedly disagree with you, stay safe brother!  I mean that from the bottom of my heart.  Do I mean it? Yes, of course.  Would I say it, nah, but I already had a few and grilled up some [BLEEP] food. Wear your mask and look at everything and everyone with suspect eyes!  That 71 year old woman in the grocery store could be your murderer. stay safe man, stay safe.  Try buying stuff online from target.  You’ll actually leave with so much more  cool stuff than planned!   You’re welcome!

Mike pence holds up that card for a reason.

You should stay at home, especially if you are in a high risk category.

But you shouldn't be forced at the point of a gun to stay at home (everything the government does is backed up with guns).

Is that so difficult to understand?

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(04-17-2020, 06:25 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 03:48 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: It's hard to tell what side Trump is on, though.  Is he in favor of social distancing and shutting down non-essential businesses, as he has been up to now, or is he on the side of the people protesting against those measures?  

The thing is, some states and governors have gone beyond what is really necessary.  Why should a hair salon be shut down when measures and practices could be put in place to ensure social distancing and hygiene?  Why should a "normal store" say a shoe store be closed down when there is a means for people to practice social distancing and hygiene?  Why ban the sale or purchase of home improvement products or gardening products (something people would be doing in their own space)?  Some (not all) governors have taken this too far and it's really starting to anger the people.

The bottom line is the general public has been informed and know what the consequences are for their actions.  It's not the government's job to determine what we can buy or sell.  It's not the government's job to tell us what we can and cannot do (ie., use a motor boat, go hiking in a national park, play with our children in a park, have family or friends over).

I'm by no means trying to minimize the risk, I'm just pointing out how slowly government at all levels is slowly taking away our rights.  I personally don't want to be around a bunch of people and I keep my distance.  I wash my hands frequently and use hand sanitizer when soap and water are not available.

I'm inclined to agree. I mean, Starbucks is still open.

(This post was last modified: 04-17-2020, 08:36 PM by Jags.)

(04-17-2020, 08:28 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 06:25 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: The thing is, some states and governors have gone beyond what is really necessary.  Why should a hair salon be shut down when measures and practices could be put in place to ensure social distancing and hygiene?  Why should a "normal store" say a shoe store be closed down when there is a means for people to practice social distancing and hygiene?  Why ban the sale or purchase of home improvement products or gardening products (something people would be doing in their own space)?  Some (not all) governors have taken this too far and it's really starting to anger the people.

I'm inclined to agree. I mean, Starbucks is still open.

Quoting what you did, I sure as hell am not but I’ll take it.  But my Starbucks isn’t open. Not that I give a crap.  They have over priced crappy coffee. Dunkin is where it’s at.

(04-17-2020, 08:32 PM)Jags Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 08:28 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: I'm inclined to agree. I mean, Starbucks is still open.

Quoting what you did, I sure as hell am not but I’ll take it.  But my Starbucks isn’t open. Not that I give a crap.  They have over priced crappy coffee. Dunkin is where it’s at.
Please take offense to this because Dunkin is garbage.