Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: How does the Ngakoue situation play out?
This poll is closed.
Ngakoue gets traded before the season starts
15.82%
25 15.82%
Ngakoue gets traded after the season starts but doesn't play for Jags prior
15.19%
24 15.19%
Ngakoue plays for Jags until being traded prior to deadline
12.66%
20 12.66%
Ngakoue signs a long term deal to and plays for the Jags
6.96%
11 6.96%
Ngakoue plays for the Jags on the tag this year
35.44%
56 35.44%
blank #2
3.16%
5 3.16%
corn
10.76%
17 10.76%
Total 158 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Yannick Ngakoue (threads merged)

(04-21-2020, 12:41 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-21-2020, 12:11 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Tony Khan handled it well. I would put it on Ngakoue's shoulders. He's the one creating the atmosphere of unrest by attempting to be Ramsey 2.0, which the Khans will never allow to happen again

Ngakoue reminds of guys who say "I'm a full-grown man", not realizing that if you have to tell people you're a full-grown man, you're not a full-grown man.

They'll happily let it happen again if it brings two first round picks. 

I mean, it already IS happening again, really.  It's just happening during the offseason and we just don't know the compensation yet. 

They'll probably get a 2nd for him eventually or some combination that equals roughly that amount of capital.

You're right. That's a qualified statement. For two firsts I'd give him 5 seconds of display board time at a Jags home game to speak his mind.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2020, 12:57 PM by Brett.)

It just sucks being a fan of the team over this situation. Thinking all this time after we drafted him that he was the true definition of a hard worker, mature, stand up guy that we could build around. Not saying he isn't a hard worker but it just sucks how this came to be. It's a sad situation for the team and its fans just like all the other great potential players we lost.

The sense of entitlement is astounding.

Obviously using his brainpower he would be an abject failure at life. The only thing he has is his athletic ability and he's letting his low IQ ruin that for him

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2020, 01:27 PM by scottyg. Edit Reason: screwed up link )

(04-20-2020, 09:11 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: So I have to ask. When Yan called out Tony Kahn, he said "@TonyKhan stop hiding moe."

Is "moe" a derogatory term or insult that I am just not aware of?

I tend to lean more towards this def:  http://onlineslangdictionary.com/meaning...ion-of/moe

(04-21-2020, 01:26 PM)scottyg Wrote:
(04-20-2020, 09:11 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: So I have to ask. When Yan called out Tony Kahn, he said "@TonyKhan stop hiding moe."

Is "moe" a derogatory term or insult that I am just not aware of?

I tend to lean more towards this def:  http://onlineslangdictionary.com/meaning...ion-of/moe

Yeah I'm not sure his meaning for it... different generations tend to reinvent words.

Back in my day (I'm so old at 35) 'mo was a derogatory slang for someone who likes someone of the same sex.
"that's so mo, you so mo"

However, I found this https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=moe

and term 3 in their selection is someone who is screwing over a co-worker...
and variation 4 is another take on a cultural slang term...

Kids these days......

(04-21-2020, 02:46 PM)Kane Wrote:
(04-21-2020, 01:26 PM)scottyg Wrote: I tend to lean more towards this def:  http://onlineslangdictionary.com/meaning...ion-of/moe

Yeah I'm not sure his meaning for it... different generations tend to reinvent words.

Back in my day (I'm so old at 35) 'mo was a derogatory slang for someone who likes someone of the same sex.
"that's so mo, you so mo"

However, I found this https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=moe

and term 3 in their selection is someone who is screwing over a co-worker...
and variation 4 is another take on a cultural slang term...

Kids these days......

The English language is beautiful.... 

all this slang is just garbage.

(04-21-2020, 12:45 PM)Kane Wrote:
(04-21-2020, 12:41 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: They'll happily let it happen again if it brings two first round picks. 

I mean, it already IS happening again, really.  It's just happening during the offseason and we just don't know the compensation yet. 

They'll probably get a 2nd for him eventually or some combination that equals roughly that amount of capital.

I'd take a 2nd and a 4th or 5th from a team at the top of the draft rounds for sure

Not me. I'm sticking to my guns. I want a first rounder or he stays.

Eventually the owners as a group will demand an example be made of a malcontent. Yann might be that guy.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

https://twitter.com/mikegarafolo/status/...76704?s=21

Good job Yan. Can’t wait to see you this season.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(04-21-2020, 03:10 PM)Jagwired Wrote: Eventually the owners as a group will demand an example be made of a malcontent. Yann might be that guy.

That's an interesting subject. When you say example what do you mean? Like ousted out the league for a year? How do you mean?

Because it is becoming increasingly more public these demands. Not just Yan, but very prevalent in all sports. Clearly this has to do with things being so social media driven now a days, but still it seems like it's reaching a tipping point.

(04-21-2020, 03:01 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-21-2020, 12:45 PM)Kane Wrote: I'd take a 2nd and a 4th or 5th from a team at the top of the draft rounds for sure

I agree.  Yan needs to understand that his tantrums on twitter are not doing anything to help his cause.  The team has all of the leverage in this case.  He either plays under the tag or sits and hurts his stock even further.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2020, 03:51 PM by Kane.)

(04-21-2020, 03:01 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-21-2020, 12:45 PM)Kane Wrote: I'd take a 2nd and a 4th or 5th from a team at the top of the draft rounds for sure

I mean I hear you but at this point it really is looking like he's going to sit or sign and play some Jalen "I'm hurt" game.
If we could get a 2nd and 4th from a team like the Skins or G-Men, or even the Jets I'd take it.

Otherwise, yeah I'd actually love to see them tag him, let him sit out and pout and then tag him again next off season. By 2021 he'll have no value and we can let him walk and he can sign with some loser team for peanuts compared to what we would have signed him for.

(04-21-2020, 12:30 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(04-21-2020, 12:26 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Yep. Yan seems hell bent on getting out of here and seems ready to do what he has to to get out, even if it makes him look an idiot.

I will say though, why is Tony Khan getting involved? Your way to high up the chain too be getting in twitter fights. Text the guy or speak to his agent.

Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes

Yep, this one stings. I wanted Yan here for a career. 

Trying to call out the owners son on twitter is pretty damn dumb but Antonio Brown set that bar crazy high last season. Yan still has a way to go.

He doesn't want to play for the team anymore. I get it. Tom Coughlin hurt his feelings deeply, or something. Whatever. Why would anyone want to establish a legacy of being a whiny punk to get their way?

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2020, 04:07 PM by Jagwired.)

(04-21-2020, 03:32 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(04-21-2020, 03:10 PM)Jagwired Wrote: Eventually the owners as a group will demand an example be made of a malcontent. Yann might be that guy.

That's an interesting subject. When you say example what do you mean? Like ousted out the league for a year? How do you mean?

Because it is becoming increasingly more public these demands. Not just Yan, but very prevalent in all sports. Clearly this has to do with things being so social media driven now a days, but still it seems like it's reaching a tipping point.

Basically just demanding fulfillment of the contract that he is obligated to under the collectively bargained agreement that currently exists or sit without pay. If the league allows any other punitive measures for his public displays of disrespect towards the league hit him with those as well. Cannot continue to acquiesce to malcontents demands. They are one of only thirty two and they need to let these players know that. Especially considering the news that the Jags are the highest offer he has received. Talk about spitting in the face of the ones that gave you a chance.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(04-21-2020, 04:05 PM)Jagwired Wrote:
(04-21-2020, 03:32 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: That's an interesting subject. When you say example what do you mean? Like ousted out the league for a year? How do you mean?

Basically just demanding fulfillment of the contract that he is obligated to under the collectively bargained agreement that currently exists or sit without pay. If the league allows any other punitive measures for his public displays of disrespect towards the league hit him with those as well. Cannot continue to acquiesce to malcontents demands. They are one of only thirty two and they need to let these players know that. Especially considering the news that the Jags are the highest offer he has received. Talk about spitting in the face of the ones that gave you a chance.

I think complaining about contract stuff in social media should count as "conduct detrimental to the team" and should be punishable by fines or something.
But I also think that contracts should probably be fully gtd like in other sports giving players a bit more comfort on the back end of contracts and making teams think twice about front loading deals for the easy out.
If these sorts of changes were made I'd be open to them getting rid of things like the franchise tags.

Player signs deal for x money for x years, fully gtd. Doesn't get a new deal until that one is expired, unless of course they and the team work out an extension which adds years and money to the end. No sitting, no pouting. He sits or pouts publicly, it costs him money. When contract is up, if he wants to leave he is free to do so. Sure loser franchises would probably lose players a lot more, but the cap would still be in place, it isn't like everyone could run to the Patriots or whatever. And in most cases, if you want to keep that player you just offer him the most and for most players that is enough to stay.

(04-21-2020, 04:15 PM)Kane Wrote:
(04-21-2020, 04:05 PM)Jagwired Wrote: Basically just demanding fulfillment of the contract that he is obligated to under the collectively bargained agreement that currently exists or sit without pay. If the league allows any other punitive measures for his public displays of disrespect towards the league hit him with those as well. Cannot continue to acquiesce to malcontents demands. They are one of only thirty two and they need to let these players know that. Especially considering the news that the Jags are the highest offer he has received. Talk about spitting in the face of the ones that gave you a chance.

I think complaining about contract stuff in social media should count as "conduct detrimental to the team" and should be punishable by fines or something.
But I also think that contracts should probably be fully gtd like in other sports giving players a bit more comfort on the back end of contracts and making teams think twice about front loading deals for the easy out.
If these sorts of changes were made I'd be open to them getting rid of things like the franchise tags.

Player signs deal for x money for x years, fully gtd. Doesn't get a new deal until that one is expired, unless of course they and the team work out an extension which adds years and money to the end. No sitting, no pouting. He sits or pouts publicly, it costs him money. When contract is up, if he wants to leave he is free to do so. Sure loser franchises would probably lose players a lot more, but the cap would still be in place, it isn't like everyone could run to the Patriots or whatever. And in most cases, if you want to keep that player you just offer him the most and for most players that is enough to stay.

I hear you, but there is no way the NFLPA would agree to fines for that. I am more in the camp that if we do not receive at least a second rounder, I would just make him sit or play under the tag for the next two years.

If we cat get Jamal Adam's or a 1st just trade him for Trent Williams and draft Wirfs.

Williams-Norwell-Linder-Wirfs-Taylor

(04-21-2020, 04:23 PM)Newton Wrote:
(04-21-2020, 04:15 PM)Kane Wrote: I think complaining about contract stuff in social media should count as "conduct detrimental to the team" and should be punishable by fines or something.

I hear you, but there is no way the NFLPA would agree to fines for that.

Oh I'm sure the NFLPA and owners would collectively hate my idea
Fines for haggling an agreed contract? Fully gtd contracts? Haha... no one really has leverage then... both sides would hate to give in that much.

Greedy chumps lol

(04-21-2020, 03:16 PM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/mikegarafolo/status/...76704?s=21

Good job Yan. Can’t wait to see you this season.

That is one of the first mainstream national videos that I have seen put the onus on Yannick and his agent for not signing a long term deal last year. Most national pundits had seemed to be putting more blame on the Jags for it.