Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Anyone Else Getting This Feeling?

I am starting to think, with all the moves we have made so far, we just might draft a QB at the 9th pick.  I'm just getting that feeling.  If Tua or Herbert fall to our pick, I am getting the feeling we would pick whichever one it is.   

Tua.   Just a hunch.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I really wouldn’t be surprised because it’s the only position that hasn’t really been touched.

My gut tells me if Tua is there, he’s the pick but I don’t feel that way about Herbert. I think the Jags are looking for an immediate impact player which leads me to believe its Derrick Brown or an OLine like Wirfs or Thomas. Becton is a project.

(04-22-2020, 07:43 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: I really wouldn’t be surprised because it’s the only position that hasn’t really been touched.

My gut tells me if Tua is there, he’s the pick but I don’t feel that way about Herbert. I think the Jags are looking for an immediate impact player which leads me to believe its Derrick Brown or an OLine like Wirfs or Thomas. Becton is a project.
If they go O line at 9 give me Thomas or Wirfs all day. I would be honestly shocked if they went QB at 9. I do expect them to draft a QB sometime in the draft though.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2020, 07:55 AM by RicoTx.)

(04-22-2020, 07:34 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I am starting to think, with all the moves we have made so far, we just might draft a QB at the 9th pick.  I'm just getting that feeling.  If Tua or Herbert fall to our pick, I am getting the feeling we would pick whichever one it is.   

Tua.   Just a hunch.

I was saying this to NYC4Jags in a private conversation.  I've got this sneaking suspicion that they might take a QB.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(04-22-2020, 07:55 AM)Rico Wrote:
(04-22-2020, 07:34 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I am starting to think, with all the moves we have made so far, we just might draft a QB at the 9th pick.  I'm just getting that feeling.  If Tua or Herbert fall to our pick, I am getting the feeling we would pick whichever one it is.   

Tua.   Just a hunch.

I was saying this to NYC4Jags in a private conversation.  I've got this sneaking suspicion that they might take a QB.

It would be very Caldwell like to make a pick that no one sees coming, so it could happen.

Beyond Burrow, I am not sold on Tua or Herbert. Tua is good, but just too fragile. Herbert is erratic with the ball. I hope he does not pull a "Gabbert-like" surprise on us.

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2020, 08:14 AM by The Real Marty.)

The moves we have made so far are what's giving me this feeling.  Look at all the players we have jettisoned, and all the draft picks we have.  We don't seem to be all in on winning in 2020.  

I think Herbert will be long gone by pick #9. 

I'm just getting a gut feeling that if Tua falls into our lap, we will take him.  

And I'm getting a feeling Tua is going to fall into our lap.

I am not getting that feeling at all, but I didn't have the feeling it was coming with Bortles either so who knows. If Caldwell thinks that drafting a QB high will give him more leash to keep robbing Shad then I could see him doing that.

Tua at 9. Kinlaw at 20. Aiyuk/Raegor/Shenault at 42?

Swing for the fences.

Tua.   Just a hunch.

I plan to have a  bunch of alcohol on hand, so I am ready for anything.

Gettleman may be a moron, but I fully support the notion of getting the 'hog mollies' early. I don't care for any of the non-Burrow QB who will go early this year.

I wouldn't be shocked

(04-22-2020, 08:34 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Tua at 9. Kinlaw at 20. Aiyuk/Raegor/Shenault at 42?

Swing for the fences
I would rather get a non QB at 9 and draft a QB in the later rounds. Now next year, if Minshew doesn't produce, then go for it. Get your QB in round 1.

I don't get that feeling at all.

And I'd hate taking a QB at 9 really.
But I know plenty of people are enamored at the idea of some QB prospect magically fixing this team, so if it happens I hope it's a Tua and not a Herbert/Love.

(04-22-2020, 09:49 AM)Kane Wrote: I don't get that feeling at all.

But I know plenty of people are enamored at the idea of some QB prospect magically fixing this team, so if it happens I hope it's a Tua and not a Herbert/Love.

I personally have no illusions of it 'fixing' anything.  As a matter of fact I'd have him riding the bench most, if not all, of his rookie season.

(04-22-2020, 10:02 AM)Rico Wrote:

I personally have no illusions of it 'fixing' anything.  As a matter of fact I'd have him riding the bench most, if not all, of his rookie season.

If he isn't good enough to start over Minshew day one, then I am not drafting him in the first round.

(04-22-2020, 10:02 AM)Rico Wrote:

But we know that won't happen. You take a QB top ten, he's playing sooner rather than later.
If Minshew starts and goes 1-3 or 2-4 to start the season, everyone is clamoring for Tua... and Doug is probably making the switch by the BYE week at the least.

If Tua is there at nine, I hope they wait as long as possible to see what trade offers they get before sprinting for that virtual podium.

But if not, it's hard not to draft someone who COULD have a big impact on the franchise - more than any other player could.

(04-22-2020, 10:12 AM)Kane Wrote:
(04-22-2020, 10:02 AM)Rico Wrote: I personally have no illusions of it 'fixing' anything.  As a matter of fact I'd have him riding the bench most, if not all, of his rookie season.

But we know that won't happen. You take a QB top ten, he's playing sooner rather than later.
If Minshew starts and goes 1-3 or 2-4 to start the season, everyone is clamoring for Tua... and Doug is probably making the switch by the BYE week at the least.

I don't know where this notion comes from.  It always depends on the situation.  Always.  I can think of five right off the bat in the last four years that didn't start the season...and were drafted top ten.  Mahomes drafted 10 played one game his rookie year.  Hell, Goff was drafted #1 in 2016 and didn't start the year.

And you're just throwing darts with your second statement.  You play the rookie when he's ready.  How do you know anybody is clamoring for him?  Half of the fans are going to be pissed because they drafted a QB to begin with and didn't give Minshew a chance.

(04-22-2020, 11:11 AM)Rico Wrote:
(04-22-2020, 10:12 AM)Kane Wrote: But we know that won't happen. You take a QB top ten, he's playing sooner rather than later.

I don't know where this notion comes from.  It always depends on the situation.  Always.  I can think of five right off the bat in the last four years that didn't start the season...and were drafted top ten.  Mahomes drafted 10 played one game his rookie year.  Hell, Goff was drafted #1 in 2016 and didn't start the year.

And you're just throwing darts with your second statement.  You play the rookie when he's ready.  How do you know anybody is clamoring for him?  Half of the fans are going to be pissed because they drafted a QB to begin with and didn't give Minshew a chance.

I'd be in that half. To me, Joe Burrow is just a taller Minshew, and he's the best of the bunch.

From what I've read recently, Tua's recovery is far from guaranteed, probably less than 50%.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2020, 11:38 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

If Tua falls to #9 and Okudah, Brown, Wirfs and Thomas are gone, I could absolutely see us taking Tua. If we draft Herbert at #9 though, no matter who is left on the board, I'm probably gonna break something. The difference between Tua and Herbert is night and day, in my opinion. I love Burrow. I have Burrow and Tua graded very similarly. The difference is Tua's injury history. Take that away and he's basically a top 3 pick in any draft in recent history. IMO, there is a drop off the size of the Grand Canyon, between Tua and Herbert. I might not even select Herbert if he fell to #20, depending who would be left on the board. I think Herbert has a limited ceiling. I could see him maxing out by being as good as Jared Goff, but I could also see a scenario where he's another Blaine Gabbert.