Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars draft rumors

(04-23-2020, 04:25 PM)Upper Wrote: PFT says Tua to the Jags has gained some steam and Dilla said we are eyeing Jefferson at 20. I tend to not believe PFT and pray Dilla is right.

I'd love to get Jefferson 20

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2020, 04:37 PM by TheSchmidt.)

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/...43681?s=21

Not for trading up unless we make a Yan trade tonight to get picks back. We can get 5 legit starters from this draft if we play our cards right.

Ugh I'm gonna have to pore over some Tua film now aren't I?

(04-23-2020, 03:39 PM)Kane Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 03:25 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: If I'm the Bengals, I still don't take that deal. I have Burrow as one of the highest rated QB's in many years. Those guys are too hard to find. I'd re-buff any offer they made. You don't pass on franchise QB's.

I'd be tempted... I don't believe any QB is worth more than the overall state of your roster. Bengals need CB, LB, OL, and WR. With 3 and 5 they could land Tua, address a big need with Okudah, Wirfs, Thomas, Simmons. And then at 33 and 65 shore up whatever they didn't get top ten talent at with some very good options still left.

I love Burrow but I'd be tempted to take the chance on Tua if offered that because you are trading one HOPEFULLY franchise QB for another HOPEFULLY franchise QB while also adding a top ten talent at CB, LB, or OL.
They could hold on to Dalton and redshirt Tua.

Regarding the Bengals needs, those particular needs, especially within the context of this draft, would not be enough to get me to trade away the chance to get Burrow.

CB & WR are perhaps two of the deepest positions in this draft class.  They just drafted Alabama T Williams last year.  Interior OL can be found later.  LB is a weak position in this class, and in 4-3 schemes, they tend to be undervalued anyway.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

If you draft Tua then you better take a Guard somewhere. The Middle of the line will need to be strong as hell because he cannot move outside of the pocket. At least you can chip the edges. But if the middle is weak his career will be short.

It's a trade up to get Okudah though you have to imagine

(04-23-2020, 04:42 PM)JNev Wrote: It's a trade up to get Okudah though you have to imagine

I think so too.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(04-23-2020, 04:42 PM)JNev Wrote: It's a trade up to get Okudah though you have to imagine

Has to be.

If they trade up for either Tua or Herbert....  Wallbash

To me it would be Simmons

(04-23-2020, 04:44 PM)JAllen#41 Wrote:

To me it would be Simmons

I wouldn't hate it either, but probably prefer Okudah

(04-23-2020, 04:49 PM)JNev Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 04:44 PM)JAllen#41 Wrote: To me it would be Simmons

I wouldn't hate it either, but probably prefer Okudah

To me though you don't make these kind of moves unless it is for a franchise QB.  So while I have Simmons and Okudah as dream picks, this attempt at maneuvering is more than likely for Tua

Jags rumors are all over the place right now.

Trade to 3 for Tua.
Trade to 3 for Okudah.
Trade to 3 for Herbert.

(04-23-2020, 05:01 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Jags rumors are all over the place right now.

Trade to 3 for Herbert.

Please no!

No! No! No!  A thousand times no!

Herbert = Gabbert 2.0

(04-23-2020, 05:01 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Jags rumors are all over the place right now.

Trade to 3 for Tua.
Trade to 3 for Okudah.
Trade to 3 for Herbert.

It’s Okudah. The QB rumors are smoke.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(04-23-2020, 05:13 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Herbert = Gabbert 2.0

I was thinking more Cutler.

Trading up for a QB if you think he is a franchise guy makes sense. Trading up for a CB doesnt.

(04-23-2020, 05:25 PM)rfc17 Wrote: Trading up for a QB if you think he is a franchise guy makes sense. Trading up for a CB doesnt.

If he’s the highest rated player on your board not named Joe Burrow it makes plenty of sense.

Not sure where the idea that the only position worth trading up for is QB came from, but it's a bunch of hooey.

Plenty of teams have traded up for plenty of positional players that aren't QBs over the years.

Dallas traded up for Emmitt Smith.

The Vikings traded up for Randy Moss

The Falcons traded up for Julio Jones.

Just last year the Saints traded up for a DE and the Steelers traded up for Devin Bush-a LB.

(04-23-2020, 05:21 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 05:13 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Herbert = Gabbert 2.0

I was thinking more Cutler.

I can see that too. Big tall guy with a cannon who ain’t worth a damn. Herbert has bust written all over him, don’t know who’s dumb enough to take him in the first round but I hope it isn’t us