Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars draft rumors

I have been wanting to find a place to post the draft rumors Dilla left on the Bold Take Pod a couple of days ago, but no threads looked appropriate. Let's post any Jaguars specific rumors that we've seen here. 

Matt Miller's new scouting notebook said that all of the NFL people he's talked to said they expect the Jags to take DT and 9 and CB at 20. Not shocking, but disappointing to me.

Dilla said that Okudah was the top ranked player on our board and we have had talks to try to jump up to 3 or 4 to get him, but the price has been too high. If Okudah winds up falling to 6 or so there's a good chance we will try hard to trade up to get him. Fingers crossed for that.

Dilla also said that we have 4 OL with first round grades: Wirfs, Becton, Thomas, and Isaiah Wilson. Very much in line with how that article from last year pointed out Dave's criteria for grading tackles (size, length, and power over movement skills). Fortunately Wirfs and Thomas fit both molds so hopefully Dave lucks into one of them and not Becton or especially Wilson.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-08-2020, 03:54 PM)Upper Wrote: I have been wanting to find a place to post the draft rumors Dilla left on the Bold Take Pod a couple of days ago, but no threads looked appropriate. Let's post any Jaguars specific rumors that we've seen here. 

Matt Miller's new scouting notebook said that all of the NFL people he's talked to said they expect the Jags to take DT and 9 and CB at 20. Not shocking, but disappointing to me.

Dilla said that Okudah was the top ranked player on our board and we have had talks to try to jump up to 3 or 4 to get him, but the price has been too high. If Okudah winds up falling to 6 or so there's a good chance we will try hard to trade up to get him. Fingers crossed for that.

Dilla also said that we have 4 OL with first round grades: Wirfs, Becton, Thomas, and Isaiah Wilson. Very much in line with how that article from last year pointed out Dave's criteria for grading tackles (size, length, and power over movement skills). Fortunately Wirfs and Thomas fit both molds so hopefully Dave lucks into one of them and not Becton or especially Wilson.

Okudah is good, but not worth trading up to 3 or 4 over. He's not a QB. I guess they think he can be a #1 corner on day 1, which the team desperately needs. Needs picking breeds desperation.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(04-08-2020, 05:00 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: Okudah is good, but not worth trading up to 3 or 4 over. He's not a QB. I guess they think he can be a #1 corner on day 1, which the team desperately needs. Needs picking breeds desperation.

3 or 4 would be too cost prohibitive most likely, but it's not out of the question that he could fall to 5 or 6 and then we could probably afford it. Rumors say the Giants have been one of the teams most in on Yan so maybe we throw 9 and Yannick to get to 4. I'd do that happily.

I don't think it would be a sign of desperation, Okudah is extremely good.

5 linemen, Wills too.

(04-08-2020, 06:52 PM)JackCity Wrote: 5 linemen, Wills too.

Are you sure that's what he said, I coulda sword he said 4.

(This post was last modified: 04-08-2020, 10:03 PM by ColoJag.)

(04-08-2020, 05:04 PM)Upper Wrote:
(04-08-2020, 05:00 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: Okudah is good, but not worth trading up to 3 or 4 over. He's not a QB. I guess they think he can be a #1 corner on day 1, which the team desperately needs. Needs picking breeds desperation.

I don't think it would be a sign of desperation, Okudah is extremely good.

This^ he is a stud

Also, Miller also said this," Sources around the league wouldn't rule out a surprise pick at quarterback or wide receiver. "

Wait, so we could go WR, DL, OT, QB, or CB? Whoa that's groundbreaking and lists 80% of the positions on a football field

(04-08-2020, 10:01 PM)ColoJag Wrote:
(04-08-2020, 05:04 PM)Upper Wrote: I don't think it would be a sign of desperation, Okudah is extremely good.

This^ he is a stud

Also, Miller also said this," Sources around the league wouldn't rule out a surprise pick at quarterback or wide receiver. "

Is he a better prospect than Ramsey or Patrick Peterson coming out?
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(This post was last modified: 04-08-2020, 11:15 PM by ColoJag.)

(04-08-2020, 10:56 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(04-08-2020, 10:01 PM)ColoJag Wrote: This^ he is a stud

Is he a better prospect than Ramsey or Patrick Peterson coming out?

Hmmm he's equally as talented, he is a more of a sure pick than Ramsey(he only played one year as a boundary corner). He's probably going to be a pro bowl player this year with potential to be All-Pro. I'd rank them 1. Pat 2. Okudah 3. Ramsey. Elite player who i would definitely call the Lions to ask about

(04-08-2020, 07:02 PM)Upper Wrote:
(04-08-2020, 06:52 PM)JackCity Wrote: 5 linemen, Wills too.

Are you sure that's what he said, I coulda sword he said 4.

Its 5 yeah. Also Ruiz is next lineman up but they don't have him as a round 1 grade because they don't like him at guard

(04-08-2020, 10:42 PM)JNev Wrote: Wait, so we could go WR, DL, OT, QB, or CB? Whoa that's groundbreaking and lists 80% of the positions on a football field

If Gene Smith were still here, you could add P to that list.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

The only way I could see the Jags getting Okudah is of Detroit trades down with one of the QB needy teams (MIA or LAC). The first three picks would then be Burrow, Young, Herbert/Tua. This opens up the possibility of the Jags trading with NYG (1.9 and Yan?).

I think the only threats to take Okudah are Detroit and Carolina. The Giants would take Simmons or an OT. The Panthers could take Simmons to replace Keuchly too

(04-08-2020, 11:15 PM)ColoJag Wrote:
(04-08-2020, 10:56 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: Is he a better prospect than Ramsey or Patrick Peterson coming out?

Hmmm he's equally as talented, he is a more of a sure pick than Ramsey(he only played one year as a boundary corner). He's probably going to be a pro bowl player this year with potential to be All-Pro. I'd rank them 1. Pat 2. Okudah 3. Ramsey. Elite player who i would definitely call the Lions to ask about

That’s the issue. I doubt he gets past Detroit without them trading back. Hopefully someone falls in love with Tua or Herbert.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Rapoport seems to think the Lions trade back
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet 21m
One team to watch during the NFL Draft is the #Lions: At No. 3, I’m told they’ve had discussions with teams about potentially moving back from their slot and that teams wanting to move up have been receptive. As it maps out possibilities, Detroit is always an intriguing team.

(04-09-2020, 12:15 PM)JNev Wrote: Rapoport seems to think the Lions trade back
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet 21m
One team to watch during the NFL Draft is the #Lions: At No. 3, I’m told they’ve had discussions with teams about potentially moving back from their slot and that teams wanting to move up have been receptive. As it maps out possibilities, Detroit is always an intriguing team.

Probably Miami looking to ensure they can secure Tagovailoa or Herbert at QB. Not a fan of this team potentially swapping the 9th pick and giving up the 20th pick or a 2nd RD pick to get Okudah or Simmons. 

If Chase Young, however, makes it past the Redskins for whatever reason? I am all for that trade. I wouldn't rule out maybe swapping the 9th pick for the 3rd pick while giving up Ngakoue as well. That's somewhat fair. You give up a player that doesn't want to be here anymore and you get a shot at taking one of the top two, three overall defensive players in the draft. 

Fine by me. Just don't give up the 20th pick nor any other pick to make that deal happen outside of swapping that 9th out.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Just about everyone has penciled in Chase Young to the Redskins.

What if they go for Tua? Detroit at #3 is in the driver's seat with both Miami and the Chargers wanting the last top-level QB, and will undoubtedly take the resulting trade bounty. That's the only scenario where I'd want the Jags to trade Ngakoue + #9 for #4, i.e. to draft Young. True, the Giants could just draft Young at #4, but by making the trade they get both their edge rusher plus a top OT.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(04-09-2020, 01:30 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: Just about everyone has penciled in Chase Young to the Redskins.

What if they go for Tua? Detroit at #3 is in the driver's seat with both Miami and the Chargers wanting the last top-level QB, and will undoubtedly take the resulting trade bounty. That's the only scenario where I'd want the Jags to trade Ngakoue + #9 for #4, i.e. to draft Young. True, the Giants could just draft Young at #4, but by making the trade they get both their edge rusher plus a top OT.

I just don't see why the Skins would go for Tua. I think it's pre draft talking fluff that has no merit and holds no water.
Sure, Haskins isn't Rivera's guy... but he acquired Kyle Allen from the Panthers. He has a young prospect who showed some promise at the end of the year with Haskins. And still has the veteran Alex Smith who has stated he wants to play.
With maybe little to no off season OTAs and TC taking ANOTHER young QB seems silly to me when the Skins definitely could use a franchise pass rusher or OL help.
Add to it that if Tua is the guy here with his medical/injury issues and the lack of solid OL play last season it just screams disaster. I would hope Rivera is smarter than that.

(This post was last modified: 04-09-2020, 02:22 PM by JNev.)

The only way they take Tua is trading Haskins. No way both are on the team together. Rosen went for a (late) 2nd and 5th the year after being drafted in the 1st rd

(04-09-2020, 02:21 PM)JNev Wrote: The only way they take Tua is trading Haskins. No way both are on the team together. Rosen went for a (late) 2nd and 5th the year after being drafted in the 1st rd

True... But AZ moved him a year after drafting Kyler right? Sitting on that draft capital for a year seems like a waste to me.