Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(04-23-2020, 04:54 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: A 3000 person sample projects over 20% of NYC residents are positive for the antibodies. Looking at the actual numbers I'm not sure how the math works out, but this means the virus is far less lethal in any case.

Link

If the New York City area is now at 20%, they basically need three more peaks like the one they just had in order to reach some semblance herd immunity. They will probably reach herd immunity ahead of us in FL.

The good news is that Florida can probably start opening some things up, because our peak has been way below our capacity so far. 

But the kind of herd immunity that we're going to need in order to justify opening up Disney world or one stadium place in Jacksonville is probably months away for Florida.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-23-2020, 06:05 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 04:54 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: A 3000 person sample projects over 20% of NYC residents are positive for the antibodies. Looking at the actual numbers I'm not sure how the math works out, but this means the virus is far less lethal in any case.

Link

If the New York City area is now at 20%, they basically need three more peaks like the one they just had in order to reach some semblance herd immunity. They will probably reach herd immunity ahead of us in FL.

The good news is that Florida can probably start opening some things up, because our peak has been way below our capacity so far. 

But the kind of herd immunity that we're going to need in order to justify opening up Disney world or one stadium place in Jacksonville is probably months away for Florida.

June 1.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Do you guys think his daily pressers are helping his re-election chances? Today's was a doozy
I'll play you in ping pong. 

(04-23-2020, 11:27 PM)Gabe Wrote: Do you guys think his daily pressers are helping his re-election chances? Today's was a doozy

Not as much as an opponent who doesn't remember what he had for dinner.

(This post was last modified: 04-24-2020, 04:16 AM by captivating.)

Serious question. Does Trump have mental problems?

Who else asks whether its feasible to inject disinfectant?

(04-23-2020, 11:34 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 11:27 PM)Gabe Wrote: Do you guys think his daily pressers are helping his re-election chances? Today's was a doozy

I greatly enjoyed watching Trump tell the press that the CDC director was misquoted, the CDC director get up and say that he was not misquoted, Trump wave his finger and get the look of a man desperately trying to hold in a turtlehead, then finally agreement being reached that the title used was out of context, but the words were accurate.

Some Abbott & Costello level funsies right there. Made Biden look almost competent for a second.

I think the lines are already drawn (just like the last election) and have been for quite a while.  Trump voters, Biden voters (this includes the don't like Biden but HATE Trump subset) and the can't stand either one and won't vote at all crowd.

These daily pressers have really become a joke.  An hour of rambling rhetoric, self congratulations and snarky comments to the press and one minute of substanitive news.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

He’ll be getting my vote in Nov.  

But, if I’m being honest, some of these conferences are hard to watch or have me thinking “why did you say that?”.

(04-23-2020, 11:34 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

Are you being facetious?

Trump literally asked Birx to look into injecting/ingesting disinfectant as a means to stop CV19.

That amazing pontification came shortly after wondering aloud if sunlight and/or ultraviolet rays would treat CV19.

I've come to the conclusion, after more than 3 years, that it doesn't matter what he says and how he says it.  Some people say, "Holy crap, how did this guy ever get elected President?" and other people say, "I love this guy.  I love the way he talks and how he acts."  It's hard to understand how people cannot see what I see when I watch the guy.  But his personality is the same as it always has been, and 45% or so of the country still supports him.

Trumps oratory skills in a press briefing setting are 4 to 5 out of ten.

Hiss actions and natural instincts are seeds of greatness.

(This post was last modified: 04-24-2020, 08:06 AM by The Real Marty.)

(04-24-2020, 07:52 AM)jj82284 Wrote: Trumps oratory skills in a press briefing setting are 4 to 5 out of ten.

Hiss actions and  natural instincts are seeds of greatness.

All I know is what I see with my own eyes.  And what I see makes me baffled as to why he has the support that he has.  I watch him, and I don't see an intelligent person.  Couple that with some of the things he has said and done, starting with the birtherism and continuing with thousands of verifiable lies, and I cannot figure out why he has any support.  If it's political philosophy you want, there have to be a hundred thousand other people who have the same political philosophy without the incredible personality and character defects.

(This post was last modified: 04-24-2020, 08:22 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

(04-24-2020, 08:03 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-24-2020, 07:52 AM)jj82284 Wrote: Trumps oratory skills in a press briefing setting are 4 to 5 out of ten.

All I know is what I see with my own eyes.  And what I see makes me baffled as to why he has the support that he has.  I watch him, and I don't see an intelligent person.  Couple that with some of the things he has said and done, starting with the birtherism and continuing with thousands of verifiable lies, and I cannot figure out why he has any support.  If it's political philosophy you want, there have to be a hundred thousand other people who have the same political philosophy without the incredible personality and character defects.

You have to remember. A lot of the support he has isn't because of him. It is because of the actions of others.

This is why I find it hilarious that people pretend Barack Obama was a good president. Dude, YOU are responsible for Trump! YOU drove people to take a chance on a reality star real estate mogul.

Anyway, he will win reelection in a landslide again.

(This post was last modified: 04-24-2020, 08:42 AM by jj82284.)

(04-24-2020, 08:03 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

The Bushes were two of the nicest people on the face of the planet, John McCain gave parts of his soul to this country.  Mitt Romney is a devout person of faith that has devoted himself to family and country.  

Each of these men were continuously and systematically eviscerated by the triad of MSM, POPULAR CULTURE AND ACADEMIA.  There is no space in this country for a NICE or POLITE conservative.  

As for 1000s of lies, he said he charged China 25% interest on its exports.  He gets a full paragraph write up about the difference in a tax rate versus loan interest when anyone listening knew what he meant.  Barrack Obama flat out lies about keep your doctor and hes never asked about it.  

As for intelligence, you're right.  What an idiot.  He sounds like the 65 million people hes asking to vote for him.  Doesnt he know your supposed to sound like a technocratic elitist snob!  That's how you win elections.  Dont worry about the systemic erosion of GOP support among the working class for the last 50 years.  

At what point does common sense kick in that the billionaire president with billions of dollars and the ivy league degrees might actually k otw what hes doing?  But hey. If rachel maddow said it, then it must be true.  Just ask the crew of thevUSNS comfort.

In other news. Nw York state mandated Nursing Homes to admit positive COVID-19 Patients. Now THAT is state leadership under sober and judicious comportment!!!

I'm pretty sure I watched Birx's soul leave her body live.

She's got my pity. I've been in that situation before, muttering to myself: I need this job. I need this job. I need this job.

(04-24-2020, 09:09 AM)Gabe Wrote: I'm pretty sure I watched Birx's soul leave her body live.

She's got my pity. I've been in that situation before, muttering to myself: I need this job. I need this job. I need this job.

I think a lot of people in this administration stay because of patriotism.  She might be one of those.  Instead of "I need this job" it's more "the country needs me."   If every competent person in this administration abandons Trump, the country goes to hell, right?  So they stand up there and wince and go back to their office and try to put out the fires that Trump has started that day.  Because they love the country and they don't want to abandon it.

(This post was last modified: 04-24-2020, 10:04 AM by jj82284.)

(04-24-2020, 09:37 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-24-2020, 09:09 AM)Gabe Wrote: I'm pretty sure I watched Birx's soul leave her body live.

I think a lot of people in this administration stay because of patriotism.  She might be one of those.  Instead of "I need this job" it's more "the country needs me."   If every competent person in this administration abandons Trump, the country goes to hell, right?  So they stand up there and wince and go back to their office and try to put out the fires that Trump has started that day.  Because they love the country and they don't want to abandon it.

This woman and he cohorts prescribed a great depression to treat a severe flu based on models written by essentially a ten year old.  

What great patriots.

(04-24-2020, 06:39 AM)Gabe Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 11:34 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Not as much as an opponent who doesn't remember what he had for dinner.

Are you being facetious?

Trump literally asked Birx to look into injecting/ingesting disinfectant as a means to stop CV19.

That amazing pontification came shortly after wondering aloud if sunlight and/or ultraviolet rays would treat CV19.

I'm pretty sure there was a Chinese Study that showed of 380 some odd outbreaks only one occured outside, and that was limited to two people.  In 1993 The CDC issued guidelines for high room UV light in facilities treating drug resistant tuberculosis.  But hey, let's not let the entire known history of virology, biology, etc. get in the way of calling the president an idiot.  let's keep getting to work on those 40k ventilators that Cuomo is going to need at a 90% mortality rate.

(04-24-2020, 10:01 AM)jj82284 Wrote:
(04-24-2020, 09:37 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I think a lot of people in this administration stay because of patriotism.  She might be one of those.  Instead of "I need this job" it's more "the country needs me."   If every competent person in this administration abandons Trump, the country goes to hell, right?  So they stand up there and wince and go back to their office and try to put out the fires that Trump has started that day.  Because they love the country and they don't want to abandon it.

This woman and he cohorts prescribed a great depression to treat a severe flu based on models written by essentially a ten year old.  

What great patriots.

(04-24-2020, 06:39 AM)Gabe Wrote: Are you being facetious?

I'm pretty sure there was a Chinese Study that showed of 380 some odd outbreaks only one occured outside, and that was limited to two people.  In 1993 The CDC issued guidelines for high room UV light in facilities treating drug resistant tuberculosis.  But hey, let's not let the entire known history of virology, biology, etc. get in the way of calling the president an idiot.  let's keep getting to work on those 40k ventilators that Cuomo is going to need at a 90% mortality rate.
Wait.... so now we believe Chinese studies? I thought they cooked the books.

Either way, let me know how shoving the UV light up somewhere goes for you!

Also, what study was there about objecting disinfectant into the body? Would you recommend doing that?

(04-24-2020, 10:10 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-24-2020, 10:01 AM)jj82284 Wrote: This woman and he cohorts prescribed a great depression to treat a severe flu based on models written by essentially a ten year old.  

What great patriots.

Wait.... so now we believe Chinese studies? I thought they cooked the books.

Either way, let me know how shoving the UV light up somewhere goes for you!

Also, what study was there about objecting disinfectant into the body? Would you recommend doing that?

Hunter Biden

(04-24-2020, 10:01 AM)jj82284 Wrote:
(04-24-2020, 09:37 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I think a lot of people in this administration stay because of patriotism.  She might be one of those.  Instead of "I need this job" it's more "the country needs me."   If every competent person in this administration abandons Trump, the country goes to hell, right?  So they stand up there and wince and go back to their office and try to put out the fires that Trump has started that day.  Because they love the country and they don't want to abandon it.

What great patriots.

(04-24-2020, 06:39 AM)Gabe Wrote: Are you being facetious?

It's truly amazing how you can interpret some science correctly and some not.

On the UV light in rooms with patients who have antibiotic resistant TB - whose life is that saving? Does the light go "into the body"? C'mon man.  Your brain can be used for so much better things than covering up the skid marks on 45's tighty whities...
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.