Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(04-24-2020, 05:02 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(04-24-2020, 08:03 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: All I know is what I see with my own eyes.  And what I see makes me baffled as to why he has the support that he has.  I watch him, and I don't see an intelligent person.  Couple that with some of the things he has said and done, starting with the birtherism and continuing with thousands of verifiable lies, and I cannot figure out why he has any support.  If it's political philosophy you want, there have to be a hundred thousand other people who have the same political philosophy without the incredible personality and character defects.

People can say anything. Obama said lots of lies. That doesn't matter. I criticize Obama for what he did, not what he said. I can make a long list of things Obama did that I find abhorrent. Lets start with signing two agreements (treaties) with foreign countries and then acted on them without Senate approval, something that was 100% unconstitutional. He also created a lot of "can't do this" rules and regulations without Congressional approval, basically grabbing power at the expense of freedom.

What has Trump done (as opposed to what he said) that you don't like.

(04-24-2020, 04:15 PM)Gabe Wrote: JIB, are you seriously happy with that? That our president pontificates that "Oh, hey, maybe injecting household disinfectant or somehow getting UV rays inside the body will kill a virus? Dr. Birx, I'm no doctor, so maybe you could look into that? Seems interesting." Which then starts a chain-reaction of tweets from the Surgeon General on down to the social media teams of big brand disinfectants to caution against self-medicating with disinfectants? Then walking it all back saying it was just sarcasm, diminishing any defense of his statements? Jesus.  

Man, I'll own up to it: I voted for Obama in his 2nd term - but if he pontificated crap like that paired with almost a daily occurrence of (take your pick) narcissism, abuse, incitement of violence, lies, etc. during his first term, you can absolutely bet I'd question A) his mental capacity/state of mind, and B) why I should even bother considering his re-election bid. Regardless, I'd be absolutely embarrassed to defend said actions - in fact, I wouldn't. Especially not when the CV19 death toll surpassed 50k and he previously tweeted shade at his predecessor saying that he'd never allow a pandemic to claim American lives.

Did he actually use the term "household" or are you lying about that?

I'm inferring, because he inferred using (internally) disinfectants can kill something in 1 minute. Are we going to argue semantics now? My point remains.
I'll play you in ping pong. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

For a moment there I thought that not even this board could defend Trump's utterly moronic disinfectant statement. But low, and behold! JIB and cohorts have continued their valiant quest to grovel at the pigsty that is Trump's cult of personality.

(04-24-2020, 05:07 PM)Gabe Wrote:
(04-24-2020, 05:02 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: People can say anything. Obama said lots of lies. That doesn't matter. I criticize Obama for what he did, not what he said. I can make a long list of things Obama did that I find abhorrent. Lets start with signing two agreements (treaties) with foreign countries and then acted on them without Senate approval, something that was 100% unconstitutional. He also created a lot of "can't do this" rules and regulations without Congressional approval, basically grabbing power at the expense of freedom.

I'm inferring, because he inferred using (internally) disinfectants can kill something in 1 minute. Are we going to argue semantics now? My point remains.

Are you okay with anti-virals and chemo? That is an internal disinfectant. How about activated UV treatments? That is an internal disinfectant that uses light. It seems that turning to his medical staff and asking questions on treatments available is somehow wrong to some of you. .
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(04-24-2020, 05:24 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(04-24-2020, 05:07 PM)Gabe Wrote: I'm inferring, because he inferred using (internally) disinfectants can kill something in 1 minute. Are we going to argue semantics now? My point remains.

Are you okay with anti-virals and chemo? That is an internal disinfectant. How about activated UV treatments? That is an internal disinfectant that uses light. It seems that turning to his medical staff and asking questions on treatments available is somehow wrong to some of you. .

So if he was referring to chemo, why did he say it was sarcastic today? God, it must be awesome being able to talk out of both sides of one's mouth.

(04-24-2020, 05:26 PM)Gabe Wrote:
(04-24-2020, 05:24 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Are you okay with anti-virals and chemo? That is an internal disinfectant. How about activated UV treatments? That is an internal disinfectant that uses light. It seems that turning to his medical staff and asking questions on treatments available is somehow wrong to some of you. .

So if he was referring to chemo, why did he say it was sarcastic today? God, it must be awesome being able to talk out of both sides of one's mouth.
Where in his briefing did he say one thing about household disinfectants? Hint...he did not. But apparently, you know exactly what he was referring to, right?

Here is the Cedar Sinai UV-A study that is used to disinfect infected human cells. https://www.mednetnews.com/2020/04/20/ay...treatment/

(04-24-2020, 05:26 PM)Gabe Wrote:
(04-24-2020, 05:24 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Are you okay with anti-virals and chemo? That is an internal disinfectant. How about activated UV treatments? That is an internal disinfectant that uses light. It seems that turning to his medical staff and asking questions on treatments available is somehow wrong to some of you. .

Maybe disinfectant kills TDS. Let us know!

With the newer data coming to light, are folks still okay with mass quarantine or should we get back to business? I'm all for getting back to the old grind, especially with a mortality rate of 0.05% - 0.1%. As low as 0.0015% for healthy people under 60yrs old.

http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/phcommo...?prid=2328

https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-...clara.html

(04-24-2020, 06:03 PM)B2hibry Wrote: With the newer data coming to light, are folks still okay with mass quarantine or should we get back to business? I'm all for getting back to the old grind, especially with a mortality rate of 0.05% - 0.1%. As low as 0.0015% for healthy people under 60yrs old.

I’m not saying one way or the other, but I think it should be noted that .1% of 350 million people is 350,000 people.

(04-24-2020, 06:17 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-24-2020, 06:03 PM)B2hibry Wrote: With the newer data coming to light, are folks still okay with mass quarantine or should we get back to business? I'm all for getting back to the old grind, especially with a mortality rate of 0.05% - 0.1%. As low as 0.0015% for healthy people under 60yrs old.

I’m not saying one way or the other, but I think it should be noted that .1% of 350 million people is 350,000 people.
And this was one county. So apply numbers across the board for the whole of the U.S. and it becomes interesting.

(This post was last modified: 04-24-2020, 07:24 PM by Gabe.)

(04-24-2020, 05:46 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(04-24-2020, 05:26 PM)Gabe Wrote: So if he was referring to chemo, why did he say it was sarcastic today? God, it must be awesome being able to talk out of both sides of one's mouth.

Maybe disinfectant kills TDS. Let us know!

Unfortunately, it doesn't. Wait, are we talking about internal CV19 or Trump Derangement Syndrome?

(04-24-2020, 05:07 PM)Gabe Wrote: I'm inferring, because he inferred using (internally) disinfectants can kill something in 1 minute. Are we going to argue semantics now? My point remains.

+1

(This post was last modified: 04-24-2020, 07:41 PM by mikesez.)

(04-24-2020, 05:33 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(04-24-2020, 05:26 PM)Gabe Wrote: So if he was referring to chemo, why did he say it was sarcastic today? God, it must be awesome being able to talk out of both sides of one's mouth.
Where in his briefing did he say one thing about household disinfectants? Hint...he did not. But apparently, you know exactly what he was referring to, right?

Here is the Cedar Sinai UV-A study that is used to disinfect infected human cells. https://www.mednetnews.com/2020/04/20/ay...treatment/

Come on man- you're going to link a blue-sky press release and call it a study?!
"One born every minute."
I mean at least Trump gets power and status out of this and these quacks get money..m but you... B2Hibry... how do you benefit?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 04-24-2020, 10:44 PM by Jagfan44.)

(04-24-2020, 04:15 PM)Gabe Wrote:
(04-24-2020, 03:58 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: So because he is not a doctor he can't put forth an idea?  As usual the media (both traditional and social) is taking what he said out of context.  Look at the whole exchange.  There were comments made regarding the sun and heat killing the virus as well as how cleaning surfaces with bleach or alcohol kills it.  He simply asked the health professionals if there was a way to do that in a human body, said that he wasn't a doctor, and said that maybe it will work and maybe it won't.

He just asked the question.  He DID NOT advocate people consume or inject cleaners and DID NOT say that people needed to be in the sun or under ultraviolet light.  He simply asked the health professionals if that was possible.

JIB, are you seriously happy with that? That our president pontificates that "Oh, hey, maybe injecting household disinfectant or somehow getting UV rays inside the body will kill a virus? Dr. Birx, I'm no doctor, so maybe you could look into that? Seems interesting." Which then starts a chain-reaction of tweets from the Surgeon General on down to the social media teams of big brand disinfectants to caution against self-medicating with disinfectants? Then walking it all back saying it was just sarcasm, diminishing any defense of his statements? Jesus.  

Man, I'll own up to it: I voted for Obama in his 2nd term - but if he pontificated crap like that paired with almost a daily occurrence of (take your pick) narcissism, abuse, incitement of violence, lies, etc. during his first term, you can absolutely bet I'd question A) his mental capacity/state of mind, and B) why I should even bother considering his re-election bid. Regardless, I'd be absolutely embarrassed to defend said actions - in fact, I wouldn't. Especially not when the CV19 death toll surpassed 50k and he previously tweeted shade at his predecessor saying that he'd never allow a pandemic to claim American lives.

If Obama said something like this the media response would be "Our dear President is working so hard and through all of this he still has a sense of humor."

(04-24-2020, 10:43 PM)Jagfan44 Wrote:
(04-24-2020, 04:15 PM)Gabe Wrote: JIB, are you seriously happy with that? That our president pontificates that "Oh, hey, maybe injecting household disinfectant or somehow getting UV rays inside the body will kill a virus? Dr. Birx, I'm no doctor, so maybe you could look into that? Seems interesting." Which then starts a chain-reaction of tweets from the Surgeon General on down to the social media teams of big brand disinfectants to caution against self-medicating with disinfectants? Then walking it all back saying it was just sarcasm, diminishing any defense of his statements? Jesus.  

If Obama said something like this the media response would be "Our dear President is working so hard and through all of this he still has a sense of humor."

Who cares about "the media"... Just let this be about you and Gabe and whoever else you want to talk to here.... Gabe says he'd call Obama out for saying crap like this as much as he calls out Trump... but you can't let it go.

like if a guy says, "sirloin is my favorite. No matter where I go I just get the sirloin.." and then you come in with "yeah but longhorn commercials always show the t-bone..." Why is that relevant? Are we talking to each other, or to the media?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Honestly I just watched the video. This was a really dumb thing for Trump to say and truthfully when I hear something like that it's almost embarrassing to say that I support the guy, even with his remarks afterwards, he doesn't appear to be sarcastic. I like the guy but like many people I don't like a lot of the stupid things that he says specifically on Twitter. With that said all presidents have their gaffes, it just isn't fair that when President Trump says something stupid it makes headlines for days.

(This post was last modified: 04-24-2020, 11:55 PM by Gabe.)

(04-24-2020, 11:17 PM)Jagfan44 Wrote: Honestly I just watched the video. This was a really dumb thing for Trump to say and truthfully when I hear something like that it's almost embarrassing to say that I support the guy, even with his remarks afterwards, he doesn't appear to be sarcastic.  I like the guy but like many people I don't like a lot of the stupid things that he says specifically on Twitter. With that said all presidents have their gaffes, it just isn't fair that when President Trump says something stupid it makes headlines for days.

That happens when you have unnecessary daily press conferences AND say mind-bogglingly stupid things.

He'd be better off not answering any questions whatsoever or, better yet - not having daily press conferences seemingly in lieu of re-election rallies. "Did anything change in the past 24 hours? Nope, 2,000 more Americans died; same as the day before. Still no answers, but let me stream-of-conscious a kindergarten-level thought process in the meantime. That'll help.

...actually I was being sarcastic."

Gabe and his crew can now quickly shift to criticizing POTUS for not being a leader as he scales back his appearances at task force press briefings.

Except ya know.... that’s not what he said lol

And later called it sarcasm. Keep defending though!

(04-25-2020, 07:28 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Gabe and his crew can now quickly shift to criticizing POTUS for not being a leader as he scales back his appearances at task force press briefings.

"He'd be better off not answering any questions whatsoever or, better yet - not having daily press conferences seemingly in lieu of re-election rallies." 

You're so close, SC.

(04-24-2020, 05:07 PM)Gabe Wrote:
(04-24-2020, 05:02 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: People can say anything. Obama said lots of lies. That doesn't matter. I criticize Obama for what he did, not what he said. I can make a long list of things Obama did that I find abhorrent. Lets start with signing two agreements (treaties) with foreign countries and then acted on them without Senate approval, something that was 100% unconstitutional. He also created a lot of "can't do this" rules and regulations without Congressional approval, basically grabbing power at the expense of freedom.

That's essentially what I'm doing when I swallow colloidal silver or spray it into my sinuses.  It immediately destroys any virus it contacts.

As to the UV question, Cedars-Sanai has developed the "Healight"  UV device.

“Our team has shown that administering a specific spectrum of UV-A light can eradicate viruses in infected human cells (including coronavirus) and bacteria in the area while preserving healthy cells,” stated Dr. Pimentel of Cedars-Sinai. Ali Rezaie, MD, one of the inventors of this technology states, “Our lab at Cedars-Sinai has extensively studied the effects of this unique technology on bacteria and viruses. Based on our findings we believe this therapeutic approach has the potential to significantly impact the high morbidity and mortality of coronavirus-infected patients and patients infected with other respiratory pathogens".