Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(05-07-2020, 05:35 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: In my opinion people that are not in a "high risk" group should go about their lives and go about business.  People in a high risk group should probably take the extra precautions.

And if those not in a high risk group just go about their business, how will they insure they won't inadvertently infect someone in a high risk group. Hell, how would they even know?

I'm in a high risk group, and am not in a position to completely isolate myself. How can the three people who must come to my house insure they don't bring the virus here?
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-08-2020, 01:55 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: So, in regards to those infamous beach pictures, I went to Jax beach today, and I can attest to the fact that if you look down the beach, it looks like a huge crowd and everyone close together.  I'm sure it would look even worse with a telephoto lens.  But I walked a long way in both directions and never came within 20 feet of anyone.  Everyone is very spread out. 

Before the first beach closures news crews were interviewing people grouped together on a beach in South Florida, bragging that nothing keeps them from partying with their friends. Hopefully they have wised up.

On the other hand, I went into a Publix and a Winn-Dixie today, and it's notable how many people are not wearing a mask and don't seem to be taking social distancing seriously.   I'd say in either store, maybe 1 out of 20 people was wearing a mask.  I wear a mask when I go to a store.

My sister, who lives in Murray Hill, went to Aldi's and said few customers were wearing masks and several were not observing the social separation measures taken by Aldi's, which were mainly direction arrows so people didn't pass each other in the aisles. She scolded a few, but her main complaint was no store manager there acting as traffic cop.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(05-08-2020, 02:33 PM)Gabe Wrote: Fun fact: Antibody tests are available in Jax now - free Telescope visit with the app for all Duval Co. residents (at least it was for me, I had to enter a code). Downer-alert: you have to get blood taken at a Labcorp or Quest Diagnostics, which are just a step above the DMV in my opinion.

Interesting twist - had mine done and I tested negative for CV19 antibodies. I can only conclude that the cure is in my bloodstream.

I read the rules when I saw it was available, but they are limiting it to certain people and you basically have to have gotten it. I would like to know if I had it and didn't know.

(05-08-2020, 04:49 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(05-08-2020, 01:55 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: So, in regards to those infamous beach pictures, I went to Jax beach today, and I can attest to the fact that if you look down the beach, it looks like a huge crowd and everyone close together.  I'm sure it would look even worse with a telephoto lens.  But I walked a long way in both directions and never came within 20 feet of anyone.  Everyone is very spread out. 

Before the first beach closures news crews were interviewing people grouped together on a beach in South Florida, bragging that nothing keeps them from partying with their friends. Hopefully they have wised up.

On the other hand, I went into a Publix and a Winn-Dixie today, and it's notable how many people are not wearing a mask and don't seem to be taking social distancing seriously.   I'd say in either store, maybe 1 out of 20 people was wearing a mask.  I wear a mask when I go to a store.

My sister, who lives in Murray Hill, went to Aldi's and said few customers were wearing masks and several were not observing the social separation measures taken by Aldi's, which were mainly direction arrows so people didn't pass each other in the aisles. She scolded a few, but her main complaint was no store manager there acting as traffic cop.

You sister's name isn't Karen, is it?

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(05-08-2020, 02:33 PM)Gabe Wrote: Fun fact: Antibody tests are available in Jax now - free Telescope visit with the app for all Duval Co. residents (at least it was for me, I had to enter a code). Downer-alert: you have to get blood taken at a Labcorp or Quest Diagnostics, which are just a step above the DMV in my opinion.

Interesting twist - had mine done and I tested negative for CV19 antibodies. I can only conclude that the cure is in my bloodstream.

So you tested positive, later tested negative, and the antibody test came back negative? Wow!

Either one can defeat the virus without creating antibodies or you got a false negative. I've heard that the better antibody tests still give a 5% chance of a false positive, but I haven't read what the false negative percentage is.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Home Depot today, only saw older people wearing masks.

(05-08-2020, 06:17 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: You sister's name isn't Karen, is it?

Well played.

(This post was last modified: 05-08-2020, 10:02 PM by Gabe.)

(05-08-2020, 06:24 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:

So you tested positive, later tested negative, and the antibody test came back negative? Wow!

Either one can defeat the virus without creating antibodies or you got a false negative. I've heard that the better antibody tests still give a 5% chance of a false positive, but I haven't read what the false negative percentage is.

I'm assuming your wow is genuine and not /s. 

I'm an assumed positive, but never officially tested positive, Fwiw. My wife plans on getting the same test done to cross reference
I'll play you in ping pong. 

Depends on what test you take. I took one myself and came back negative, but found out after the fact that it only tested for IgG antibodies. Those antibodies can take up to two months to manifest in your system. There is another test that looks at IgG and IgM antibodies. The latter can start showing up after the first few days. Seems odd even to test for just IgG antibodies. So many strange choices.

(05-08-2020, 09:27 PM)Gabe Wrote:
(05-08-2020, 06:24 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: So you tested positive, later tested negative, and the antibody test came back negative? Wow!

I'm assuming your wow is genuine and not /s. 

I'm an assumed positive, but never officially tested positive, Fwiw. My wife plans on getting the same test done to cross reference

The wow was genuine. 

My mistake about your tests, I probably just assumed you would be required to be tested if your wife was positive. It makes a third possibility that you never caught it, and that opens up still more questions about how contagious it is, or if some people can just shrug it off with no immune response. The fact is that after two months of lock down we still don't know much about this virus.

(05-08-2020, 02:33 PM)Gabe Wrote: Interesting twist - had mine done and I tested negative for CV19 antibodies. I can only conclude that the cure is in my bloodstream.

You could be the Maze Runner all the doctors are looking for!
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Are you familiar with "The Last of Us"?

"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on." Winston Churchill

Fact-checking Judy Mikovits, the controversial virologist attacking Anthony Fauci in a viral conspiracy video:

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/05/...auci-viral#

(05-09-2020, 07:04 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."   Winston Churchill

Fact-checking Judy Mikovits, the controversial virologist attacking Anthony Fauci in a viral conspiracy video:  

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/05/...auci-viral#

First off, I don't think Mikovits arguments make sense. I absolutely don't think her claims hold water.

That said, the article does not "fact-check" her. 90% of it is just an ad hom attack on her personally. The small part that does address the Wuhan virus is full of "no evidence" statements which also mean that the article couldn't or didn't present any counter-evidence. For a supposed scientific magazine to print this garbage response just shows how far down the political rabbit hole modern science has gone.

Elon pulling Tesla out of CA, wow. You know you suck as a state when that happens.

(This post was last modified: 05-10-2020, 09:52 AM by jj82284.)

From the linked "Fact Check Article"

Quote:Interviewer: Do you believe that this virus [SARS-CoV-2] was created in the laboratory?

Mikovits: I wouldn’t use the word created. But you can’t say naturally occurring if it was by way of the laboratory. So it’s very clear this virus was manipulated. This family of viruses was manipulated and studied in a laboratory where the animals were taken into the laboratory, and this is what was released, whether deliberate or not. That cannot be naturally occurring. Somebody didn’t go to a market, get a bat, the virus didn’t jump directly to humans. That’s not how it works. That’s accelerated viral evolution. If it was a natural occurrence, it would take up to 800 years to occur.

Scientific estimates suggest the closest virus to SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is a bat coronavirus identified by the Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV). Its “distance” in evolutionary time to SARS-CoV-2 is about 20 to 80 years. There is no evidence this bat virus was manipulated.

Interviewer: And do you have any ideas of where this occurred?

Mikovits: Oh yeah, I’m sure it occurred between the North Carolina laboratories, Fort Detrick, the U.S. Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases, and the Wuhan laboratory.

There is no evidence that SARS-CoV-2 originated at WIV. NIAID’s funding of a U.S. group that works with the Wuhan lab has been stopped, which outraged many scientists.

This is in direct contradiction to the latest intelligence assessment about the origins of this virus.  SOS pompeo has stated that there is a possibility that it was manipulated.  Moreover, the research at the WUHAN lab a.) was funded by the US until after the outbreak b.) Involved GAIN OF FUNCTION viral manipulation and experimentation.  

Quote:Mikovits: Italy has a very old population. They’re very sick with inflammatory disorders. They got at the beginning of 2019 an untested new form of influenza vaccine that had four different strains of influenza, including the highly pathogenic H1N1. That vaccine was grown in a cell line, a dog cell line. Dogs have lots of coronaviruses.

There is no evidence that links any influenza vaccine, or a dog coronavirus, to Italy’s COVID-19 epidemic.

I've seen numbers that those who have taken flu shots a.) are about a third more likely to contract Covid and are more likely to pop false positive.  

Quote:Mikovits: Wearing the mask literally activates your own virus. You’re getting sick from your own reactivated coronavirus expressions, and if it happens to be SARS-CoV-2, then you’ve got a big problem.

It’s not clear what Mikovits means by “coronavirus expressions.” There is no evidence that wearing a mask can activate viruses and make people sick.

Mikovits hypothesis is that wearing a mask causes respiratory stress.  Respiratory stress weakens your respiratory immune system and that can activate dormant respiratory viruses and then create a disease state as the reactivated viruses express themselves.  

Quote:Mikovits: Why would you close the beach? You’ve got sequences in the soil, in the sand. You’ve got healing microbes in the ocean in the salt water. That’s insanity.

It’s not clear what Mikovits means by sand or soil “sequences.” There is no evidence that microbes in the ocean can heal COVID-19 patients.

Again, she's not saying that seawater is a cure all, she's just saying that being outside, being in salt water, being active is healthy and boosts your immune system.  That's backed up by the fact that they estimate that the overwhelming majority of viral transmission occurs inside.

BREAKING: According to German Intelligence (BND) during a phone call, Xi Jinping asked WHO Director Dr Tedros to withhold information about a person-to-person transmission of Coronavirus and to delay a pandemic warning. The WHO is denying that the call took place.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/...-dr-tedros

Caution Strong Language

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(05-10-2020, 10:14 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: BREAKING: According to German Intelligence (BND) during a phone call, Xi Jinping asked WHO Director Dr Tedros to withhold information about a person-to-person transmission of Coronavirus and to delay a pandemic warning.  The WHO is denying that the call took place.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/...-dr-tedros

The German intel is about a week or so behind the curve.  The time for a call like that to take place would have been before the 1/14/2020 statement by the WHO that there was no human to human transmission.  They are placing the call on 1/21/2020 which is only a day before the WHO came out and said that there was possible human to human contact and on 1/23/2020 the Chinses quarantined all of Wuhan from the rest of China.  

I fully believe the Chinese did it, but we need a little bit more.  Not to mention the fact that I'm not sure the snowflake generation is ready for WWIII.

https://apnews.com/a2830445e55c6ea324e9a23e4c38f7c3

Schumer trying to go after the VA for using HCQ because he doesn't think it is proven, regardless of the fact that plenty of people get better after taking it. I guess he would rather they die than to try something that may work in some people.