Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags post 2020 draft record predictions?

(05-11-2020, 10:40 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-11-2020, 10:00 AM)leopold332002 Wrote: If Gruden is this great offensive-minded Guru then why his offense last 2 years before he had been terminated look so inept. Let's stop acting like he can turn water into wine
Because he was working with Colt McCoy, Josh Johnson, rookie Haskins and 5 games of Alex Smith.

Not to mention a 33 and 34 year old Adrian Peterson as his primary back....

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-11-2020, 10:40 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-11-2020, 10:00 AM)leopold332002 Wrote: If Gruden is this great offensive-minded Guru then why his offense last 2 years before he had been terminated look so inept. Let's stop acting like he can turn water into wine
Because he was working with Colt McCoy, Josh Johnson, rookie Haskins and 5 games of Alex Smith.

That QB lineup looks like Hall of Fame caliber compared to Minshew, Dobbs, Luton, and Glennon ----poor guy

(05-11-2020, 03:19 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(05-11-2020, 10:40 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Because he was working with Colt McCoy, Josh Johnson, rookie Haskins and 5 games of Alex Smith.

That QB lineup looks like Hall of Fame caliber compared to Minshew, Dobbs, Luton, and Glennon ----poor guy

Minshew would look great in a gold jacket.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(05-04-2020, 09:37 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: I doubt the Jags will be favored in a single game this season.

My guess is 3-5 wins.

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/12...8881806336

(05-11-2020, 04:21 PM)Upper Wrote:
(05-04-2020, 09:37 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: I doubt the Jags will be favored in a single game this season.

My guess is 3-5 wins.

Stop stealing my takes Field!

(05-11-2020, 04:21 PM)Upper Wrote:

My guess is 3-5 wins.

No surprise,  we were only favored in 1 game last year and we won 6

(This post was last modified: 05-14-2020, 08:09 PM by mal234.)

I saw a report that mentioned that Tyler Eifert has spoken to Gardner on the phone a couple of times already. He said that Gardner is ready to take charge of the offense and mentioned that they are learning the new offense right now in a group. Hays Carlton also mentioned that Gardner is taking charge of the offense as well in the virtual world right now. I am glad to hear that Gardner and Tyler are talking and learning the offense together with other players. I am looking forward to when these guys can get on the field together and start working things out/practicing.

https://twitter.com/NFL_beatwriters/stat...3469843456

(05-11-2020, 03:19 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(05-11-2020, 10:40 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Because he was working with Colt McCoy, Josh Johnson, rookie Haskins and 5 games of Alex Smith.

Hyperbole at its finest. Nicely done sir.

McCoy is trash, Josh Johnson is trash, rookie Haskins was trash.

Alex Smith was looking really good before getting Theismann'd though. (2 seasons ago.)

Here is some information from Doug talking about how the virtual workouts are going for everyone so far. He's said that Gardner has been in contact with a lot of players and has a group chat with them. He also mentioned that he's been impressed by the rookies so far even with the virtual OTA's.

https://twitter.com/Ballou1010xl/status/...6383632386

https://twitter.com/MiaOBrienTV/status/1...1685947392

Glad to hear more positive things about team, including the rookies. I do think they seem like a good group of kids and I hope they do well/have a nice impact for the team.

I think if everything goes perfect it could be 8-8 - 
Wins vs. Dolphins, Bengals, Chargers (no Rivers), Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Colts, Texans, and Bears.
Losses vs. Titans 2x, Colts, Texans, Lions, Packers, Vikings, and Ravens.

If all goes to [BLEEP] and Minshew isn't the answer and teams have his number and we have a lot of injuries 3-13.
Wins vs. Bengals, Bears, and Texans.

(05-15-2020, 04:26 PM)JaxHellcat#1 Wrote: I think if everything goes perfect it could be 8-8 - 
Wins vs. Dolphins, Bengals, Chargers (no Rivers), Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Colts, Texans, and Bears.

If all goes to [BLEEP] and Minshew isn't the answer and teams have his number and we have a lot of injuries 3-13.

The only good player the Jags lost was Calias. AJ sucked last year. New MLB and moving Jack back to his natural position and Minshew should be a lot better. They should win at least 8 games IMO.

(05-20-2020, 05:54 AM)uthill Wrote:
(05-15-2020, 04:26 PM)JaxHellcat#1 Wrote: I think if everything goes perfect it could be 8-8 - 

The only good player the Jags lost was Calias. AJ sucked last year. New MLB and moving Jack back to his natural position and Minshew should be a lot better. They should win at least 8 games IMO.
Hahaha at least?!

Man. Drinking early.

(05-20-2020, 07:27 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-20-2020, 05:54 AM)uthill Wrote: The only good player the Jags lost was Calias. AJ sucked last year. New MLB and moving Jack back to his natural position and Minshew should be a lot better. They should win at least 8 games IMO.
Hahaha at least?!

Man. Drinking early.

It's 5 o'clock somewhere lol.

(05-20-2020, 05:54 AM)uthill Wrote:

Sounds like you believe the Jags may actually have a better team than last year. I agree with that to a point. But our pass rush will no doubt suffer losing Campbell and Yan (let's face it, he's gone) even if the overall defense plays a little better. And don't forget, Jags only won 6 games last year so an improvement of a game or two is probably going to be about the best we can really hope for in 2020.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(05-21-2020, 09:38 AM)hb1148 Wrote:
(05-20-2020, 05:54 AM)uthill Wrote: The only good player the Jags lost was Calias. AJ sucked last year. New MLB and moving Jack back to his natural position and Minshew should be a lot better. They should win at least 8 games IMO.

Sounds like you believe the Jags may actually have a better team than last year. I agree with that to a point. But our pass rush will no doubt suffer losing Campbell and Yan (let's face it, he's gone) even if the overall defense plays a little better. And don't forget, Jags only won 6 games last year so an improvement of a game or two is probably going to be about the best we can really hope for in 2020.
Unless we get a first round pick, Yan isn't going anywhere.

(05-21-2020, 10:06 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(05-21-2020, 09:38 AM)hb1148 Wrote: Sounds like you believe the Jags may actually have a better team than last year. I agree with that to a point. But our pass rush will no doubt suffer losing Campbell and Yan (let's face it, he's gone) even if the overall defense plays a little better. And don't forget, Jags only won 6 games last year so an improvement of a game or two is probably going to be about the best we can really hope for in 2020.

Yeah... Yan is playing on the tag this year. Or not playing at all, which I don't think is a smart move and really doubt he takes that route.

(05-21-2020, 10:10 AM)Kane Wrote:
(05-21-2020, 10:06 AM)Dimson Wrote: Unless we get a first round pick, Yan isn't going anywhere.

Yeah... Yan is playing on the tag this year. Or not playing at all, which I don't think is a smart move and really doubt he takes that route.

One thing I will say about Yan. He is no Jalen. He will play even if it means he has to swallow his pride.

(05-21-2020, 10:12 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(05-21-2020, 10:10 AM)Kane Wrote: Yeah... Yan is playing on the tag this year. Or not playing at all, which I don't think is a smart move and really doubt he takes that route.

One thing I will say about Yan. He is no Jalen. He will play even if it means he has to swallow his pride.

That's the impression I get. I mean he did his fair share of whining and crying on twitter but if it's play 1 year for 18 million (or whatever the tag is) or sit, not get paid and perhaps have to do the dance all over again next year, I'm thinking he'll play.

Ramsey really did what I believe most players wouldn't do, fake injury and illness and basically leave his team out to dry for his own greed and pride. Sitting out for a contract dispute is one thing but what Ramsey did was ridiculous.

(05-21-2020, 10:20 AM)Kane Wrote:
(05-21-2020, 10:12 AM)Dimson Wrote: One thing I will say about Yan. He is no Jalen. He will play even if it means he has to swallow his pride.

That's the impression I get. I mean he did his fair share of whining and crying on twitter but if it's play 1 year for 18 million (or whatever the tag is) or sit, not get paid and perhaps have to do the dance all over again next year, I'm thinking he'll play.

Ramsey really did what I believe most players wouldn't do, fake injury and illness and basically leave his team out to dry for his own greed and pride. Sitting out for a contract dispute is one thing but what Ramsey did was ridiculous.

What has he done since the draft? Nothing. He realizes he lost the battle and now he is going to play his butt off to get a new deal next year. He isn't going to fake an injury and try and get traded. That isn't his style.

(05-21-2020, 10:06 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(05-21-2020, 09:38 AM)hb1148 Wrote: Sounds like you believe the Jags may actually have a better team than last year. I agree with that to a point. But our pass rush will no doubt suffer losing Campbell and Yan (let's face it, he's gone) even if the overall defense plays a little better. And don't forget, Jags only won 6 games last year so an improvement of a game or two is probably going to be about the best we can really hope for in 2020.

Oh they won't just cut him sure. Doesn't mean he's playing. I suspect he'll sit out but if he doesn't, he'll probably suffer a mysterious injury at some point in camp.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.