Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags post 2020 draft record predictions?

Going by our opponents: https://fbschedules.com/jacksonville-jaguars-schedule/

It is not going to be good.  Every single one of those teams outside of the bungles, fins, and maybe the Colts are much better than the Jaguars.

Key additons: Henderson,Eifert, Shenault, and Hamilton

Key subtractions: Campbell(best player on the team), Bouye, Ramsey, Lee,Smith, Ryan (did he play) and Dareus

My prediction is 4-12.  The team is overall much less talented.  I do not feel enough was done to help the offense.   Minshew is the enigma.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

7-9 because I believe in Minshew.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

2-14

If I see tremendous unexpected growth from the O line in preseason I’d change it to reflect that. Right now that O line is Swiss cheese.

8-8 and we will be in contention for the 7th playoff spot.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(05-03-2020, 11:07 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Going by our opponents: https://fbschedules.com/jacksonville-jaguars-schedule/

It is not going to be good.  Every single one of those teams outside of the bungles, fins, and maybe the Colts are much better than the Jaguars.

Key additons: Henderson,Eifert, Shenault, and Hamilton

Key subtractions: Campbell(best player on the team), Bouye, Ramsey, Lee,Smith, Ryan (did he play) and Dareus

My prediction is 4-12.  The team is overall much less talented.  I do not feel enough was done to help the offense.   Minshew is the enigma.

I'll say 5-11. If Minshew gets hurt for any stretch, we'll be in the running for Lawrence or Fields. Dobbs and Luton will get destroyed. I think the team will take a while to gell, and so Minshew might get shellshocked. But if they can eke out some early miracle wins, then 8-8 is possible. I don't see the playoffs as a possibility. The division is too strong. This is a good year to tank and play a bunch of rookies with a shortened training camp and Jag-killer Rivers in the division for the year.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

6-6

I think something happens so NFL is forced to do a shortened season.

5-11

10-6 is the very best they can do.

Division: split w the tinhorns, sweep the clots, lose 2 to the tacks. I think both Houston and Tenn reached their peaks last year and will decline some, but it's still #becausejaguars in our division record.

Wins: Bears, Browns, Steelers, Lions, Bungles, Chargers, Fins (all middling to bad teams here)

Losses: Ravens, Pack, Vikings (3 really good teams)

My call is 7-9. I like Gruden to manufacture points though I would've spent muxch more draft capital on his side of the ball to make sure we score points this year. The defense will be better against the run but less effective against the pass in both rush and coverage.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

4-12.  We win the last 2 meaningless games of the season and miss out on a franchise QB and continue to be the laughingstock of the NFL for another decade.  #becausejaguars

I predict 7-9. Looking back to 2019, we entered that season with a lot of optimism, and then everything went wrong. Lost our starting QB. Lost all of our TEs. Ramsey forced his way off the team. Myles Jack was playing the wrong position. Quincy Williams was forced into the lineup prematurely. We lost Marcel Dareus, which resulted in a 5 game losing streak where we could not stop the run.

We've made a lot of moves to correct most of the above problems. So I'm optimistic.

I think 8-8. Minshew and the offense will continue to develop, and the defense will play better, giving the offense more possessions. Part of the issue last year was the defense never got off the field a lot of those games. I agree with the major offensive line concerns.

I said 6 - 10 pre draft. I'll say they're 8 - 8 at best and maybe 9 - 7 this year with a little luck. I just don't think this schedule is in their favor this year on paper. And I don't have much faith in Marrone as the head coach. The offensive line play has to show major improvement this summer and during the pre season contests for me to really get a feel.

I do think Gruden and McAdoo will get more out of Minshew than Flip and that other CFL dude managed. Granted, it's his 2nd year of course. But having Gruden and McAdoo seem like a luxury right now. The defense looks improved on paper. With so much turnover in one off season and with so many new faces involved I think it'll take some time for them all to click and get on the same page.

And much like Marrone. I have little faith in Wash.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

7-9 they won 6 games last year with all the distractions and they shored up stopping the run.

16-0. this early it makes as much sense as any others here.

Plus mine is right. BOOM!!

Oh? Whats that? You want scores as well? OK then, 42-10 JAGS will win BIG. DOUBLE BOOM!!!
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Somewhere in the 4 to 8 win range

Marrone still coaching...Todd Wash still DC....still have a struggling Oline...I would say 4-12 sounds about right. The only unknown is how much of a difference Gruden's offensive system will make. Maybe he will prove to be more savvy than the last few chumps.

I doubt the Jags will be favored in a single game this season.

My guess is 3-5 wins.

I think we sweep the tinhorns, split the other two gives us 4-2 in the division.

We won 4 games last year against bad non-Confrence teams I see 4-1 against bad teams lions, browns, bungles, Chargers, Dolphins

that leaves the Bears, Steelers, GB, Vikings, Ravens if we can get 1 or 2 of these 1-5 or 2-5.

That leaves us at 9-7 or 10-6 Record this year and making the playoffs

4-12

Too many rookies and young players to be good.

5-11. Key injuries expose the lack of depth but they win just enough to not get in the top 3 of the draft.