Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Khans

(06-02-2020, 09:58 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote:
(05-31-2020, 12:56 PM)DragonFury Wrote: I agree, the Jacksonville market isn't the problem, all the other markets are. Khan bought this team for $760 million and he could have doubled the franchise's worth instantly by moving to LA. The stadium could be packed to the rafters every home game and it still wouldn't be able to compete with markets like LA, NY and Dallas. Average attendance in Dallas last year was over 90k, that's 23k more than the Jags can fit inside TIAA Bank Field and tickets are significantly more expensive in Dallas than they are in Jacksonville.

Okay, you make a solid point.

I do think you’re wrong on the 67,000 capacity of TIAA though. I’m pretty sure it’s anywhere from 70-80k seating capacity

The stadium has gotten steadily smaller for seating capacity under Khan's ownership. Shrinking the stadium actually started under Wayne Weaver, initially with tarps in the corners of the upper deck and sections of the NEZ, but then they physically remove seating in the stadium with specialty areas like the cabanas in the NEZ, and changes to the configuration of the south end of the stadium, and the club sections during the most recent renovations.  These projects all reduced inventory.  It's right around 67k currently.  They can bump the capacity up to 80k for the Florida Georgia game, but that's installing temporary bleachers in the endzone decks under the scoreboard.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 06-03-2020, 05:31 PM by leopold332002.)

I love Shad Khan and his family well I hope they do better in the future for the sake of our franchise
[Image: giphy.gif]

I think Shad and Tony Khan are just as smart, if not smarter, than most other owners, and I think they will eventually figure this thing out and have success. I really believe that.

(06-04-2020, 07:35 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I think Shad and Tony Khan are just as smart, if not smarter, than most other owners, and I think they will eventually figure this thing out and have success.  I really believe that.

Ever wonder why we're the 31st ranked teams in wins over the past decade?  Part of the reason is because we always get lowball coaches.  Look at what other (mostly consistent) playoff teams spend on coaches.  Our coaches always hover around the $3 million to $4 million dollar mark.  Why not go out and pay top dollar to get a Bill Cowher, someone that can load up his staff with experienced winning coaches --- I"m only using Bill Cowher as an example of someone that may have been available over the past 10 years when we were going through Mularkey, Bradley, and Marrone --- as noted above, I think Shad likes to go cheap on coaches and that is partially the reason we are the 2nd to worst team of the decade.

Top-10 NFL coaching salaries

1. Bill Belichick: $12 million
2. Pete Carroll: $11 million
3. Jon Gruden: $10 million
4. Sean Payton: $9.8 million
5. John Harbaugh: $9 million
6. Matt Rhule: $8.5 million
7. Sean McVay: $8.5 million
T-8. Mike Tomlin: $8 million
T-8. Dan Quinn: $8 million
T-8. Andy Reid: $8 million

(This post was last modified: 06-04-2020, 09:47 AM by iHaunting Raven.)

(06-04-2020, 07:35 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I think Shad and Tony Khan are just as smart, if not smarter, than most other owners, and I think they will eventually figure this thing out and have success.  I really believe that.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Based on what exactly?
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(06-04-2020, 08:25 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

Ever wonder why we're the 31st ranked teams in wins over the past decade?  Part of the reason is because we always get lowball coaches.  Look at what other (mostly consistent) playoff teams spend on coaches.  Our coaches always hover around the $3 million to $4 million dollar mark.  Why not go out and pay top dollar to get a Bill Cowher, someone that can load up his staff with experienced winning coaches --- I"m only using Bill Cowher as an example of someone that may have been available over the past 10 years when we were going through Mularkey, Bradley, and Marrone --- as noted above, I think Shad likes to go cheap on coaches and that is partially the reason we are the 2nd to worst team of the decade.

Reid is criminally underpaid.

I would throw 15 million a year at him. No chance he leaves Mahomes but hey, take a shot!

(06-04-2020, 09:46 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Based on what exactly?

Shad Khan's life story, mostly.  

And Tony Khan seems like a pretty intelligent guy, too.

(06-04-2020, 11:54 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(06-04-2020, 09:46 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Laughing Laughing Laughing

Based on what exactly?

Shad Khan's life story, mostly.  

Oh I guess you are right then Laughing
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(06-04-2020, 12:52 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(06-04-2020, 11:54 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Shad Khan's life story, mostly.  

Oh I guess you are right then Laughing

Lots of dumb guys are billionaires.   Confused
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(06-04-2020, 01:10 PM)Rico Wrote:
(06-04-2020, 12:52 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Oh I guess you are right then Laughing

Take me, for example. I’m not real smart but…um, I’m not wealthy either.

Ok, bad example.

(06-04-2020, 01:10 PM)Rico Wrote:
(06-04-2020, 12:52 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Oh I guess you are right then Laughing

Who says they are dumb?

(06-03-2020, 05:28 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: I love Shad Khan and his family well I hope they do better in the future for the sake of our franchise

I actually like Shad Khan a lot as well.  Speaking of lot, remember when Lot J was only a parking lot when Wayne Weaver was here. 

Joking aside, I'm also a fan of Fulham FC because of Shad.

(06-04-2020, 09:48 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(06-04-2020, 08:25 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Ever wonder why we're the 31st ranked teams in wins over the past decade?  Part of the reason is because we always get lowball coaches.  Look at what other (mostly consistent) playoff teams spend on coaches.  Our coaches always hover around the $3 million to $4 million dollar mark.  Why not go out and pay top dollar to get a Bill Cowher, someone that can load up his staff with experienced winning coaches --- I"m only using Bill Cowher as an example of someone that may have been available over the past 10 years when we were going through Mularkey, Bradley, and Marrone --- as noted above, I think Shad likes to go cheap on coaches and that is partially the reason we are the 2nd to worst team of the decade.

Reid is criminally underpaid.

I would throw 15 million a year at him. No chance he leaves Mahomes but hey, take a shot!

Glad he got over the hump and finally won a SB.  He had a great run in Philly but couldn't get to the finish line.  I'd take him in a heartbeat.  Kind of amazing how some Owners & GMs will throw $15 million at free agents but refuse to pay a head coach over $5m.

(06-04-2020, 04:49 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(06-04-2020, 09:48 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Reid is criminally underpaid.

Glad he got over the hump and finally won a SB.  He had a great run in Philly but couldn't get to the finish line.  I'd take him in a heartbeat.  Kind of amazing how some Owners & GMs will throw $15 million at free agents but refuse to pay a head coach over $5m.
He has a .618 win percentage in 21 seasons and that number is going to get much much higher if he stays in KC with Mahomes

(This post was last modified: 06-05-2020, 09:19 AM by The Real Marty.)

(06-04-2020, 04:49 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(06-04-2020, 09:48 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Reid is criminally underpaid.

I've wondered about that for a long time.  If you look at teams that have long term success, it mostly involves player acquisition and coaching.  And yet teams are willing to throw $20 million a year at a player, but won't pony up for the GM or the HC, who are far more valuable to that team than even a hall of fame level player.   Plus, there's no salary cap on front office personnel or coaches, so owners are free to spend whatever they want on those people.  

Jalen Ramsey is going to ask for $20 million a year, but who would you rather have, Jalen Ramsey or Andy Reid?

I guess I just repeated what you said, but it bears repeating.  It's hard to understand the way coaches and GMs are underpaid relative to their worth to the teams.

(06-05-2020, 09:17 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(06-04-2020, 04:49 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Glad he got over the hump and finally won a SB.  He had a great run in Philly but couldn't get to the finish line.  I'd take him in a heartbeat.  Kind of amazing how some Owners & GMs will throw $15 million at free agents but refuse to pay a head coach over $5m.

I've wondered about that for a long time.  If you look at teams that have long term success, it mostly involves player acquisition and coaching.  And yet teams are willing to throw $20 million a year at a player, but won't pony up for the GM or the HC, who are far more valuable to that team than even a hall of fame level player.   Plus, there's no salary cap on front office personnel or coaches, so owners are free to spend whatever they want on those people.  

Jalen Ramsey is going to ask for $20 million a year, but who would you rather have, Jalen Ramsey or Andy Reid?

I guess I just repeated what you said, but it bears repeating.  It's hard to understand the way coaches and GMs are underpaid relative to their worth to the teams.

Reid, but that's more to do with Ramsey being Ramsey than with his talent level.

And to add; the salary cap has been driving salaries up for years now instead of keeping them down.

(06-04-2020, 01:10 PM)Rico Wrote: Lots of dumb guys are billionaires.   Confused

Sure. Far fewer dumb guys rise from nothing to become billionaires.

This is Shad talking to Tony after Tony spent over $100m euros in acquisition fees only to have their Fulham FC soccer team finish 19th out of 20th place in 2019 and be relegated to a lower league.

"FULHAM signalled their determination to stay in the Premier League by becoming the first promoted team to spend over £100 million (A$174 million) in the summer transfer window."

https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/pr...038c0d3aac

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e4724f81c778381d2a622...=giphy.gif]

(This post was last modified: 06-09-2020, 01:50 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

(06-09-2020, 11:50 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

This is Shad talking to Tony after Tony spent over $100m euros in acquisition fees only to have their Fulham FC soccer team finish 19th out of 20th place in 2019 and be relegated to a lower league.

"FULHAM signalled their determination to stay in the Premier League by becoming the first promoted team to spend over £100 million (A$174 million) in the summer transfer window."

https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/pr...038c0d3aac

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e4724f81c778381d2a622...=giphy.gif]

Hilarious.

But but but they are geniuses!!!!

(06-04-2020, 08:25 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

That is why Marrone eats Bologna sandwiches.  He isn't making the big money and Bologna is always on sale.  Nothing taste better than a $1.99 sandwich.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]